Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I do find slight amusement 22:28 - Mar 3 with 2702 viewsBoston

....at Ipswich Towns performance this season. Can’t help but recall the general consensus on their board(s), that a year of winning / success, though in a lower league, would be better than the shite they’d been served up the previous few seasons. Counted the chickens a touch too early😀
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:29]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I do find slight amusement on 22:35 - Mar 3 with 2675 viewsstowmarketrange

I was charity collecting outside the ground before the game tonight and they don’t seem a happy bunch.Lucky I didn’t have to go to the game though.
Radio Suffolk postgame show was funny to listen to.And 88 happy Fleetwood fans made the trip down.
I do find slight amusement on 22:41 - Mar 3 with 2647 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've got a few close friends who are Ipswich fans and I've never had an issue with them. Always been well supported and we've always done well there so I take no pleasure in their current situation.
Paul Lambert on the other hand.........
I do find slight amusement on 23:12 - Mar 3 with 2574 viewsHantsR

Spoke to a bloke in the pub tonight, he's given up supporting Ipswich Town now, so he's an ex-Tractor fan.
I do find slight amusement on 23:14 - Mar 3 with 2572 viewseghamranger

Fleetwood are a decent team... I know Barton is their manager and he’s not liked on here... but Clint does the on the training ground stuff there and he runs it well.

It’s an interesting league and some big clubs up for promotion
I do find slight amusement on 23:29 - Mar 3 with 2539 viewskensalriser

Just looked at the L1 table for the first time this season. Bolton screwed, obviously, and looks like we'll be playing Coventry next season. Is Jamie Cureton available?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I do find slight amusement on 07:43 - Mar 4 with 2311 viewsRs_Holy

I do find slight amusement on 23:29 - Mar 3 by kensalriser

Just looked at the L1 table for the first time this season. Bolton screwed, obviously, and looks like we'll be playing Coventry next season. Is Jamie Cureton available?

What Mark Robbins has done at Coventry is nothing short of miraculous. Amazing how he has slipped under the radar for more high profile managerial jobs.
Not sure who deserves League 1 manager of the year more, Robbins or Wild Thang???
I do find slight amusement on 08:38 - Mar 4 with 2195 viewsNorthLondonR

I do find slight amusement on 22:41 - Mar 3 by hamptonhillhoop

I've got a few close friends who are Ipswich fans and I've never had an issue with them. Always been well supported and we've always done well there so I take no pleasure in their current situation.
Paul Lambert on the other hand.........

I know many an Tow'en fan and got sick and tired of telling them what a bad coach Lambert is/was..."but he's bought the belief back" "got them playing for the shirt" etc. I even had many a conversation about how bad/ luxury player Freddie Sears is... I agree I don't have any bad feelings for them as growing up there, we used to regularly beat them, including that magical Devon White Saturday.... weirdly as well the town always seemed to be more lively when they were doing well, rather than the dead end it resembles now
I do find slight amusement on 08:50 - Mar 4 with 2166 viewsstowmarketrange

I do find slight amusement on 08:38 - Mar 4 by NorthLondonR

I know many an Tow'en fan and got sick and tired of telling them what a bad coach Lambert is/was..."but he's bought the belief back" "got them playing for the shirt" etc. I even had many a conversation about how bad/ luxury player Freddie Sears is... I agree I don't have any bad feelings for them as growing up there, we used to regularly beat them, including that magical Devon White Saturday.... weirdly as well the town always seemed to be more lively when they were doing well, rather than the dead end it resembles now

He seems to make too many changes to the team every game,and obviously the wrong changes at times.They started the season like an express train,but they’re now on the slow line stopping at all stations to nowhere.God knows what we will happen to season ticket sales next year as a lot of fans renewed with the optimism of promotion and winning a lot more games.
By giving lambert a 5 year deal I’m sure a lot will not bother next season.

You’re definitely right about the state of the town centre,but it’s probably the same for a lot of medium sized towns these days.Great if you want a charity shop,a bookies or a Turkish haircut but not much good for anything else.
Login to get fewer ads

I do find slight amusement on 09:08 - Mar 4 with 2129 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I do find slight amusement on 23:12 - Mar 3 by HantsR

Spoke to a bloke in the pub tonight, he's given up supporting Ipswich Town now, so he's an ex-Tractor fan.

Surely belongs on the corny jokes thread.
I do find slight amusement on 09:49 - Mar 4 with 2051 viewsterryb

I moved to Suffolk in 1974 (Stowmarket) & have lived in Ipswich since 1979.

When I first arrived i quite liked them for two reasons. One was that my wife was a regular at Portman road & quite often followed them to Europe. The second being that I liked Frank Clarke (yes, I know he had ljoined Carlisle by that time). However, the local press soon ensured that I disliked them! That didn't stop me going to Wembley in 1978 or Amsterdam in 1982, or being a drinking partner of Kevin Beatie & team mate of several ex Town players.

I don't get any joy from their current plight though as I don't hear the media any longher! I'm told that even now the football they are playing is far better than what they have watched for years, but they have no cutting edge. Obviously, questions are being asked about the five year contract given to Lambert, but Marcus Evans remains as public enemy number one.

I'm always quite pleased when we are in a different division (preferably us in a higher one) as I dread losing to them!
I do find slight amusement on 10:12 - Mar 4 with 2005 viewsJuzzie

I hear people on here saying it would be good to go down to consolidate, have a good season coming up again, good for confidence etc etc.

It's never a good thing to go down from any division.
I do find slight amusement on 10:14 - Mar 4 with 2004 viewsMrSheen

I do find slight amusement on 09:49 - Mar 4 by terryb

I moved to Suffolk in 1974 (Stowmarket) & have lived in Ipswich since 1979.

When I first arrived i quite liked them for two reasons. One was that my wife was a regular at Portman road & quite often followed them to Europe. The second being that I liked Frank Clarke (yes, I know he had ljoined Carlisle by that time). However, the local press soon ensured that I disliked them! That didn't stop me going to Wembley in 1978 or Amsterdam in 1982, or being a drinking partner of Kevin Beatie & team mate of several ex Town players.

I don't get any joy from their current plight though as I don't hear the media any longher! I'm told that even now the football they are playing is far better than what they have watched for years, but they have no cutting edge. Obviously, questions are being asked about the five year contract given to Lambert, but Marcus Evans remains as public enemy number one.

I'm always quite pleased when we are in a different division (preferably us in a higher one) as I dread losing to them!

What was Kevin Beattie like? Incredible life story, not blessed with best of luck. Only 9 England caps despite his talent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Beattie
I do find slight amusement on 10:58 - Mar 4 with 1925 viewsPinnerPaul

I do find slight amusement on 07:43 - Mar 4 by Rs_Holy

What Mark Robbins has done at Coventry is nothing short of miraculous. Amazing how he has slipped under the radar for more high profile managerial jobs.
Not sure who deserves League 1 manager of the year more, Robbins or Wild Thang???

Even more amazing when you consider every game they play is 'away'
I do find slight amusement on 11:18 - Mar 4 with 1877 viewsCamberleyR

I do find slight amusement on 10:12 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

I hear people on here saying it would be good to go down to consolidate, have a good season coming up again, good for confidence etc etc.

This. In 2008 after relegation from L2 I'm sure Wrexham fans were thinking 'easier season, win lots more games, come back stronger'. Twelve seasons later, they're still there and this season may even be in danger of getting relegated from the National League.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I do find slight amusement on 12:04 - Mar 4 with 1784 viewsAntti_Heinola

I do find slight amusement on 10:12 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

Well... never is a strong word.

I don't think we could have re-built so quickly as we did when we went to L1 and then club needed that fresh start and at a lower level - a place to tread water before rebuilding. Same with Southampton - I think going down that far actually allowed them the scope to steady the ship - down there you are able to cut costs hugely and quickly without (too much) fear of going down again. And then you can re-group and bounce back. It can be a painful process but I think for us and Southampton to name two, it was actually a necessary one.

Bare bones.

I do find slight amusement on 12:11 - Mar 4 with 1768 viewsstowmarketrange

I do find slight amusement on 12:04 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think we could have re-built so quickly as we did when we went to L1 and then club needed that fresh start and at a lower level - a place to tread water before rebuilding. Same with Southampton - I think going down that far actually allowed them the scope to steady the ship - down there you are able to cut costs hugely and quickly without (too much) fear of going down again. And then you can re-group and bounce back. It can be a painful process but I think for us and Southampton to name two, it was actually a necessary one.

As Ipswich fans were quick to point out,their rivals came back a lot better after a season in league 1 too,and went straight through to the premier league.Not too many were saying the same last night on radio Suffolk.
I do find slight amusement on 13:58 - Mar 4 with 1609 viewsJuzzie

Agreed but it was a risk and may not have worked out and could have spent a lot longer there meanwhile our home crowd dwindles as does our potential to attract good players. Easy to get sucked in from being a big name in the division to becoming a comfy pair of slippers.

Other clubs such as Man City, Forest, Leeds, Sheff Weds all spent longer there than they would have liked but ultimately were going to get promoted as they all have good fan bases and a history that will get good players. I don't think we could have sustained a promotion challenge for much more than the three seasons we were there whilst we had the ABC noose around our neck.
I do find slight amusement on 14:06 - Mar 4 with 1590 viewsSimonJames

I do find slight amusement on 22:35 - Mar 3 by stowmarketrange

I was charity collecting outside the ground before the game tonight and they don’t seem a happy bunch.Lucky I didn’t have to go to the game though.
Radio Suffolk postgame show was funny to listen to.And 88 happy Fleetwood fans made the trip down.

Can't be less happy than Sunderland fans I imagine.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I do find slight amusement on 14:06 - Mar 4 with 1587 viewsNorthernr

I do find slight amusement on 23:12 - Mar 3 by HantsR

This was worth more.
I do find slight amusement on 15:27 - Mar 4 with 1490 viewsHantsR

I do find slight amusement on 14:06 - Mar 4 by Northernr

This was worth more.

Sorry about down arrow - obviously a mistake - fat, cold fingers!
I do find slight amusement on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 1379 viewsterryb

I do find slight amusement on 10:14 - Mar 4 by MrSheen

What was Kevin Beattie like? Incredible life story, not blessed with best of luck. Only 9 England caps despite his talent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Beattie

Kevin had a heart of gold. I had to "train" on a Monday night while Kevin took my wife to the Dogs with Roy Stephenson (played in the Ipswich Championship team of 1962).

Contrary to a fairly common believe, is that Kevin was quite intelligent. However, I have not met a more gullible person! No matter how many stiched him up, he always assumed that others would treat him as he treated them!

If you look at the thread on this board when Kevin died, you can read a nice little story about Kevin.
I do find slight amusement on 17:30 - Mar 4 with 1340 viewsHayesender

https://mol.im/a/8074321

Warnock to take over?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

I do find slight amusement on 13:52 - Mar 5 with 1001 viewsTGRRRSSS

Some very good points raised, but those were fortunate and for many things get worse not better.

Saints really did rebuild and did a good job of it - us, well to a point but less so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024