Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby League 13:49 - Mar 14 with 1101 viewsterryb

A few questions for Clive I supose as a RL & Hull fan!

What is the feeling among Hull supporters regarding the sacking of Radford? Who is likely to replace him? Are Wakefield likely to have to make the trip to Canada next weekend? Is Chester in danger of losing his job with Trinity, or is that just some disgruntled Wakefield fans being hopeful?

All/any answers will be greatly appreciated!

Rugby League on 16:34 - Mar 14 with 1030 viewsNorthernr

Well it's very sad, he's a Hull lad, played for the club twice, head coach for seven seasons, first ever Challenge Cup at Wembley and all that, but it was definitely time for a change.

2018 we lost the last 11 games of the season including conceding 72 at Wakefield and 80 atWarrington. We had biblical injury list that year so he kind of got a free pass on it.

2019 we lost 8 of the last 11, six of the last seven, to drop out of the cup and play off picture altogether. Again he kind of got a free pass on that because apparently that's all they expected the squad to be able to achieve.

Few running themes - big blow out defeats, including a 45-0 and a 55-4 at the Magic Weekend against Saints and Huddersfield. Awful home form - lost nine times at home last year.

Pearson not only kept faith but gave him an enormous amount to spend this off season. We're miles over salary cap, brought in a load of NRL players, openly stated we expected to be competing for the grand final, but bar the opening day against Leeds it's been poor. Not only bad results, but really attritional, five drives down the middle rugby. Another big home blow out against Warrington and honestly some of the stuff we were doing was just plain weird - not enough men in at a scrum, hooker looking the wrong way and arguing with somebody at the PTB. It looked like they were trying to get him the sack.

Craig Fitzgibbon would be the dream replacement.

Toronto H games aren't actually in Toronto until April (we're meant to be the first one actually) so you'll be playing them somewhere neutral next week.

In fact I've just looked and it's a York, double header with York v London.

Can't see Chester losing his job atm.
Rugby League on 17:09 - Mar 14 with 989 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I hadn't realised that Toronto were playing "home" games abroad!

Another question please if I may. Is this season the same as last year with the last placed club being relegated, or is it back to the bottom four in a mini league with the top four from the Championship?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 17:12]
Rugby League on 23:22 - Mar 14 with 893 viewsozexile

Rugby League on 16:34 - Mar 14 by Northernr

Well it's very sad, he's a Hull lad, played for the club twice, head coach for seven seasons, first ever Challenge Cup at Wembley and all that, but it was definitely time for a change.

2018 we lost the last 11 games of the season including conceding 72 at Wakefield and 80 atWarrington. We had biblical injury list that year so he kind of got a free pass on it.

2019 we lost 8 of the last 11, six of the last seven, to drop out of the cup and play off picture altogether. Again he kind of got a free pass on that because apparently that's all they expected the squad to be able to achieve.

Few running themes - big blow out defeats, including a 45-0 and a 55-4 at the Magic Weekend against Saints and Huddersfield. Awful home form - lost nine times at home last year.

Pearson not only kept faith but gave him an enormous amount to spend this off season. We're miles over salary cap, brought in a load of NRL players, openly stated we expected to be competing for the grand final, but bar the opening day against Leeds it's been poor. Not only bad results, but really attritional, five drives down the middle rugby. Another big home blow out against Warrington and honestly some of the stuff we were doing was just plain weird - not enough men in at a scrum, hooker looking the wrong way and arguing with somebody at the PTB. It looked like they were trying to get him the sack.

Craig Fitzgibbon would be the dream replacement.

Toronto H games aren't actually in Toronto until April (we're meant to be the first one actually) so you'll be playing them somewhere neutral next week.

In fact I've just looked and it's a York, double header with York v London.

Can't see Chester losing his job atm.

Craig Fitzgibbon. Last saw him as a runner for the Roosters. He's coaching now?
Rugby League on 00:25 - Mar 15 with 871 viewsbob566

Rugby League on 23:22 - Mar 14 by ozexile

Craig Fitzgibbon. Last saw him as a runner for the Roosters. He's coaching now?

Not a huge fan but watched Salford v Wigan due to a lack of other sports. Really enjoyed it. Great stuff. Obviously a near bottom team beating the leaders helped but corona could really boost this sport if nothing else is on. Outside of footy, golf and darts I'd never get a chance to look at it. Now I will. Fan won over
Rugby League on 00:59 - Mar 15 with 861 viewsNorthernr

Rugby League on 17:09 - Mar 14 by terryb

Thanks Clive.

I hadn't realised that Toronto were playing "home" games abroad!

Another question please if I may. Is this season the same as last year with the last placed club being relegated, or is it back to the bottom four in a mini league with the top four from the Championship?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 17:12]

In theory yes but there’s a school of thought that they won’t let Toronto get relegated if they finish last - extend the league or something. Obviously if Hull KR finish last then we all piss our knickers all the way to the champagne bar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024