Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your claim to fame? 09:05 - Mar 18 with 20709 viewsW13R

Right, a bit of lighted fun in these testing times.

Mine is, performed twice at The Royal Albert Hall.
First time around I sang a solo to a full house.
What's your claim to fame? on 05:55 - Mar 20 with 2056 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I spent a lot of my early years in and out of hospital. On two occasions I ended up on Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart’s Saturday morning radio show ‘Junior Choice’.

Anyway I took to radio like a duck to water and we then get a call from the hospital saying that Stewart wanted me to come on his Sunday afternoon TV show. Next thing we know, the whole street is there to cheer a little 4 or 5 year old amputee kid being picked up in a limo and taken to the studios in Wembley to record the show.

The main guest was Roger Whittaker and they had to do a retake of his song ‘Durham Town’ because the only voice they could here, was me singing my head off. In the end, they decided to roll with it: pure TV gold; and Rog and I went back and did some coke in the green room...although he may have had tea.

I went back and did another episode as well and when I was last back in London, Ma Planet unearthed some press cuttings. It might not surprise some who know me, that Stewart described the young Planethonneywood as talkative and funny.

Few other things I dine out on: I can say that I once shut Don King up; I’ve twice been on death row in Alabama - legal visits, not as an inmate; I once didn’t recognise Boris Becker, only thing is, I was a security guard at the Stella Artois tennis thing and I was effectively barring him entry to defend his title; and Paul Parker - the God not the poster on here - did the forward to a book I wrote.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What's your claim to fame? on 06:40 - Mar 20 with 2042 viewsdistortR

What's your claim to fame? on 23:56 - Mar 19 by timcocking

I'm certain there will never be anybody on here who can beat my 26 chin ups, that's all the way up and down.

Likewise, after watching Duane LaDejo win the superstars dips with 63, i beat him and did 65 dips, which i know none of you will be able to match either.

(no PEDs or steroids or anything like that on my part ever not once)

Ps My Dad the famous Kernow hero Kenneth being (unbeaten) Cornish Billiards Champion seven years straight without a solitary defeat. He also might still have the record for the furthest distance anybody down there can throw a cricket ball (opened the bowling, batted at three).

Pps Also, ending Clive's personal hero Peter 'Reidy' Reid's career by twonking him and his boys 4-0 whilst retaining Asia's oldest football cup for the second year in a row. Yours truly centre forward.

Ppps Being LFW's most knowledgable poster.

Pppps I'm including again my brother Arron the former British number 2 whose time for the 1500m (800m?) for the sports day as a 12 year old beats the open school record for 16 year olds.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 0:18]

actually mate, i just did 29 while reading the morning paper.

i could have gone on, but i spilt me coffee.
What's your claim to fame? on 07:21 - Mar 20 with 2017 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's your claim to fame? on 23:56 - Mar 19 by timcocking

I'm certain there will never be anybody on here who can beat my 26 chin ups, that's all the way up and down.

Likewise, after watching Duane LaDejo win the superstars dips with 63, i beat him and did 65 dips, which i know none of you will be able to match either.

(no PEDs or steroids or anything like that on my part ever not once)

Ps My Dad the famous Kernow hero Kenneth being (unbeaten) Cornish Billiards Champion seven years straight without a solitary defeat. He also might still have the record for the furthest distance anybody down there can throw a cricket ball (opened the bowling, batted at three).

Pps Also, ending Clive's personal hero Peter 'Reidy' Reid's career by twonking him and his boys 4-0 whilst retaining Asia's oldest football cup for the second year in a row. Yours truly centre forward.

Ppps Being LFW's most knowledgable poster.

Pppps I'm including again my brother Arron the former British number 2 whose time for the 1500m (800m?) for the sports day as a 12 year old beats the open school record for 16 year olds.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 0:18]

This is my favourite so far.
What's your claim to fame? on 07:56 - Mar 20 with 1993 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not really a claim to fame, more a mugging off of myself.

I used to work in a Bar / Restaurant in Bushey on the A41 that was always being used as a filming location for TV and films because of the nearby Elstree studios. A film version of the Stephen King book 1408 was going to be filmed there. As a Good Will gesture all the staff were invited to be extras, and because I was a good looking 19 year old and not the fat grey haired mess I am now, I was picked out by the director to do hours and hours of one on one filming with John Cusack and Rachel McCormack (no lines, I was basically just re serving them the same drinks over and over again). I reckon they must have shot and re shot this scene for five hours for a total of about 8 minutes of film. This gave all my mates in the bar the hump because they had been banished to the background shots.

So when it was all done I was giving it the Charlie big spuds about how I would be in a Hollywood film and when it came out on DVD I had all the boys round for a beer to watch my moment of fame.

Anyway, they fcking cut me out and I’ve never been forgiven for wasting everyone’s evening when we could have been out on piss.

For a long time after I was sarcastically told ‘like when you was mates with John Cusack yeah’ everytime I fcking made any sort of comment about anything. Cnts.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 17:26]
What's your claim to fame? on 08:34 - Mar 20 with 1951 viewsKonk

What's your claim to fame? on 17:38 - Mar 19 by W13R

Konk, going by previous posts when you have mentioned Karl I would say you can count him as a close friend rather than a claim to fame. I must say he does look very dapper when wearing his everyday black and white outfits in homage to his beloved FFC.

Good point. Okay, my claim to fame is that I held Karl Lagerfeld's hair back whilst he was chucking-up in the toilet on the train back from York away.

I was also sat next to Dave Shrigley at my brother's wedding meal.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

What's your claim to fame? on 10:01 - Mar 20 with 1909 viewsTHEBUSH

What's your claim to fame? on 23:08 - Mar 18 by daveB

I was on Wacaday as a kid, mustn't pause mustn't hesitate, i did both and bottled it to lose and get hit by Timmys Mallet.

Same day we were at TVAM doing xmas carols and doing sign language (Our class were taught sign language for reasons I can't remember), Jimmy Greaves came over and joined in with us for We wish you a merry christmas at the end.

Also had a piss next to JR Ewing from Dallas who was wearing his cowboy hat at the time.

Similar piss story, was at the Goldhawk Social Club in the 60's and Sonny Boy Williamson II came into the urinals while I was there.
All I remember is that his piss splashed on my Hush Puppies, ugh !!
What's your claim to fame? on 10:08 - Mar 20 with 1898 viewsenfieldargh

What's your claim to fame? on 01:34 - Mar 19 by kensalriser

We were chasing shadows that afternoon.

Bruce Welch had a season ticket two seats along from me in the SAR for years.

Charlie Watts's mum used to come round and help my mum with housework when we lived in Kingsbury back in the 50's

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What's your claim to fame? on 10:24 - Mar 20 with 1880 viewsNewhopphoops

What's your claim to fame? on 11:47 - Mar 19 by queensparker

Cameron Diaz once told me she liked my trainers

Linford Christie told me he liked my trackie bottoms.

I trained a bit with London Irish at what's now the LC Stadium; the Thames Valley Harrier boys would sweep past like a pentecostal wind as we huffed and puffed along.

Linford had different Puma leggings everyday, with giants cat's paws on etc. One day they had a Jackson Pollock paint splash effect; as did mine because I was also using them for the old painting and decorating.
Login to get fewer ads

What's your claim to fame? on 10:47 - Mar 20 with 1841 viewsgazza1

Talk Sport, Saturday afternoons, Gary Newbon…...match reporter for QPR matches. Remember reporting on the Pompey game when their hooligans got into R Block and the players left the pitch I think, it was a giggle but a nuisance at the same time.
What's your claim to fame? on 12:56 - Mar 20 with 1758 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What's your claim to fame? on 10:47 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Talk Sport, Saturday afternoons, Gary Newbon…...match reporter for QPR matches. Remember reporting on the Pompey game when their hooligans got into R Block and the players left the pitch I think, it was a giggle but a nuisance at the same time.

gazza1 are you trying to tell us that you’re Gary Newbon?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What's your claim to fame? on 13:09 - Mar 20 with 1731 viewsloftboy

What's your claim to fame? on 12:56 - Mar 20 by PlanetHonneywood

gazza1 are you trying to tell us that you’re Gary Newbon?

I thought the same but didn’t want to ask!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What's your claim to fame? on 13:17 - Mar 20 with 1712 viewsMrSheen

My sister gave the Marquess of Blandford methadone when he was in Pentonville.
What's your claim to fame? on 13:54 - Mar 20 with 1645 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's your claim to fame? on 10:29 - Mar 18 by Mick_S

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but I was in Minder. I also made some false teeth for John Major, the wives of Smith and Jones and Rolf Harris's daughter. I also made a false tooth for a dog. I played football with Scott Donnelly and he made me fall over twice.

Mick, were you in Minder?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What's your claim to fame? on 13:56 - Mar 20 with 1639 viewsMick_S

What's your claim to fame? on 13:54 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Mick, were you in Minder?

Once Brian, you cheeky so and so. CTN mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What's your claim to fame? on 13:57 - Mar 20 with 1634 viewsR_from_afar

My dad (RIP) was a prison officer and the Great Train Robbers were held at his nick for a while. I have no idea if it is true but my dad always maintained that the Mateus bottle which formed the base of our table lamp was one Ronnie and his gang had consumed.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What's your claim to fame? on 14:10 - Mar 20 with 1591 viewsBoston

I wouldn’t mind contributing to this thread, but you don’t have a Statute of Limitations in Britain.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What's your claim to fame? on 14:16 - Mar 20 with 1583 viewsMick_S

Just thought of another one - my Father in Law taught JRR Tolkien's son many, many years ago and was given a signed copy of The Lord of the Rings, which he promptly lost. Bugger.

What's your claim to fame? on 14:22 - Mar 20 with 1567 viewsFredManRave

What's your claim to fame? on 14:16 - Mar 20 by Mick_S

Just thought of another one - my Father in Law taught JRR Tolkien's son many, many years ago and was given a signed copy of The Lord of the Rings, which he promptly lost. Bugger.

Was that before you were in Minder?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What's your claim to fame? on 14:26 - Mar 20 with 1563 viewsMick_S

What's your claim to fame? on 14:22 - Mar 20 by FredManRave

Was that before you were in Minder?!

Come on mate you know I don't like to go on about it.

What's your claim to fame? on 14:27 - Mar 20 with 1561 viewsingeminate

Included in the opening credits of QED, an old BBC science programme, there is a shot of an apple heading towards a head, a nod to William Tell. My head. It’s a fraction of a second and they alternated the intro credits.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 7:12]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

What's your claim to fame? on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 1537 viewsFredManRave

What's your claim to fame? on 14:26 - Mar 20 by Mick_S

Come on mate you know I don't like to go on about it.

At least you've got something decent, mate. All I've got is Brian Jacks meeting me at Crawley Leisure Center during my yellow belt throw down.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What's your claim to fame? on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 1518 viewsPunteR

What's your claim to fame? on 14:33 - Mar 20 by FredManRave

At least you've got something decent, mate. All I've got is Brian Jacks meeting me at Crawley Leisure Center during my yellow belt throw down.

Ooooooh get you... Show off!.
Mick jagger told me to F**k off once while with Jerry Hall.

He was with Jerry Hall not me before you ask ..
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:59]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What's your claim to fame? on 15:11 - Mar 20 with 1500 viewsMoonshineSteve

Going for my judo yellow belt, I had to throw Grange Hill's Pogo Patterson. Or Pete, as we called him.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

What's your claim to fame? on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 1436 viewsdistortR

What's your claim to fame? on 13:17 - Mar 20 by MrSheen

My sister gave the Marquess of Blandford methadone when he was in Pentonville.

Your sister is a top dealer if she's prepared to go to those lengths for her clients.
What's your claim to fame? on 20:22 - Mar 20 with 1394 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

What's your claim to fame? on 17:20 - Mar 20 by distortR

Your sister is a top dealer if she's prepared to go to those lengths for her clients.

I’m on the promotion DVD (Sheffield weds away)
It was my stag do and I’ve my top off on the pitch hugging players when Phil Parry commentated
“There’s a rather fat man on the pitch with top off, no one wants to see that!!”
Strangely enough I’m ever so proud!!!
Have cooked a curry for Keith Floyd who said it was delightful but he was banjaxed
Made a beef tomato and mozzarella salad for a refreshed Tony Adams who asked me “Where’s the fu*king beef? “
Cooked for a summer at Bray film studios for various celebs including
Iron maiden, pink floyd, status quo etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024