Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Scoring 06:41 - Mar 22 with 909 viewsDylanP

For so many years you never really knew where the next goal was coming from. You hoped for a bit of magic or a well placed set piece.

This is the first season in ages where that isn't the case. This year we have so many ways to manufacture goals. Every time BOS, Eze, Chair, or Manning get the ball we look dangerous. Fast breaks suit our style. So does passing the ball around patiently until a gap opens up. So does hitting it long for BOS/Hugill to latch on to. There are so many avenues to goal this season.

I was thinking this while watching the Liverpool team. We had a talented team then. Adel, Cisse, Diakite, Taiwo, Mackie, etc. It certainly wasn't a lack of talent. And the Liverpool game showed that we knew how to score. But in those days (with the exception of the Taraabt promotion year when the strategy was pass the ball to Adel) I never knew where the goal was going to come from. It was like goals were the product of a moment of magic rather than the result of a scheme and structure designed to produce results.

We might not be promotion material, but this has been the most fun year to watch QPR in a really long time. It is so fckin annoying that the season looks like it'll end early and we'll be cheated out of the watching the most dynamic and cohesive team to wear the hoops since the Terry Venables days

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Goal Scoring on 07:52 - Mar 22 with 874 viewssmegma

Goals ??At the moment I have no idea where the next game is going to come from.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024