Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North and South League 15:27 - Mar 28 with 1106 viewsGloucs_R

What I would do do this season is is extend all leagues until the end of December. Then split each League into North and South and play half a season, because you have half as many games.

The top top two teams of north and south in the premier League play each other the ultimate play off. All of the leagues promote the champions to League above and any bottom clubs get relegated.

So basically for one season only you have two up two down in all professional leagues.

Poll: Are we staying up?

North and South League on 16:02 - Mar 28 with 1059 viewsfrancisbowles

I said pretty much the same when it was first halted. I would play the cups at the end of the season without the internationals as they prepare for the Euros.

One bit I'm not sure about though is the 3rd relegation spot. When the playoffs first started they used to have a play off for this but there were problems with crowd trouble. Maybe, they ought to play that behind closed doors but live on BBC TV.
North and South League on 19:26 - Mar 28 with 964 viewsCamberleyR

North and South League on 16:02 - Mar 28 by francisbowles

I said pretty much the same when it was first halted. I would play the cups at the end of the season without the internationals as they prepare for the Euros.

One bit I'm not sure about though is the 3rd relegation spot. When the playoffs first started they used to have a play off for this but there were problems with crowd trouble. Maybe, they ought to play that behind closed doors but live on BBC TV.

"When the playoffs first started they used to have a play off for this but there were problems with crowd trouble"

Yeah, the last one was between the filth and Middlesbrough in 1988 and there was pretty bad crowd trouble in the 2nd leg of the final at the cesspit. Boro won 2-1 on aggregate to relegate them, the last time they were relegated.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

North and South League on 19:39 - Mar 28 with 938 viewsManinBlack

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to drop next season altogether and start again August 2021.

Finish this season and the European football by December and then have a long break until the European Championship in June 2021.

Maybe the tournament would be better for quality with players not tired but on the other hand they may be not match fit with five months off.

Having said that I am sure the biggest clubs could play tournaments around the world during those five months to keep the top players fit instead of doing it in July 2021.

One major drawback would be the smaller clubs probably can't afford to miss a season with lost income.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 19:44]
North and South League on 20:25 - Mar 28 with 879 viewsClive_Anderson

They could do a 19 game season and perhaps the fa and league cups next season. Could do 2 up and 2 down instead of the usual 3.
North and South League on 23:05 - Mar 28 with 796 viewswombat

North and South League on 19:26 - Mar 28 by CamberleyR

"When the playoffs first started they used to have a play off for this but there were problems with crowd trouble"

Yeah, the last one was between the filth and Middlesbrough in 1988 and there was pretty bad crowd trouble in the 2nd leg of the final at the cesspit. Boro won 2-1 on aggregate to relegate them, the last time they were relegated.

Along with many other R’s I was stood in the shed that day , fantastic days football watching Chelsea go down and I’m pretty sure it was Clive walker who scored the winner but might be wrong

Poll: which is your favouite foot

North and South League on 09:27 - Mar 29 with 730 viewsGloucs_R

I think having a southern championship League would be really good for attendances, for a season.

Same for the northern clubs. Although Gloucester city play in the northern League which is slightly odd, so there is always one team but tend to sit in the wrong League.

Poll: Are we staying up?

North and South League on 10:50 - Mar 29 with 688 viewsfrancisbowles

North and South League on 19:39 - Mar 28 by ManinBlack

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to drop next season altogether and start again August 2021.

Finish this season and the European football by December and then have a long break until the European Championship in June 2021.

Maybe the tournament would be better for quality with players not tired but on the other hand they may be not match fit with five months off.

Having said that I am sure the biggest clubs could play tournaments around the world during those five months to keep the top players fit instead of doing it in July 2021.

One major drawback would be the smaller clubs probably can't afford to miss a season with lost income.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 19:44]

Probably???

QPR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024