Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC Football game advice 11:52 - Mar 29 with 1236 viewsenfieldargh

Which is better Championship Manager or Football Manager?

I had Championship manager 01/02 when it came out and used cheat codes to make QPR invincible, great fun to win everything so so un qpr.The game still managed to sack me after a decade or so of fantastic service!!!!!

This was after playing the game without cheating which was predictably very qpr and not much fun.

So given I have a bit of time on my hands was wondering which of the latest management games is best and not too demanding?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

PC Football game advice on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 1225 views1MoreBrightonR

Football manager is actually made by the people who started championship manager. They split from the parent company and they took the player database and the parent company got the naming rights. So football manager is better. However, all the new ones are crazily detailed... I kind of prefer how simple the 01/02 one is.
PC Football game advice on 12:25 - Mar 29 with 1192 viewsenfieldargh

PC Football game advice on 11:59 - Mar 29 by 1MoreBrightonR

Football manager is actually made by the people who started championship manager. They split from the parent company and they took the player database and the parent company got the naming rights. So football manager is better. However, all the new ones are crazily detailed... I kind of prefer how simple the 01/02 one is.

so if I can get 01/02 and get cheat codes so I can update the qpr squad then I'm set

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

PC Football game advice on 13:02 - Mar 29 with 1161 viewsqprxtc

That’s exactly what I did when I played Championship Manager 96/97. I cheated by being manager at massive clubs and buying 16 year olds at QPR for millions, Rangers would then be the richest club in the country and I’d then take over as manager.

I did about five seasons where we won every single game we played. Every one, including friendlies. Champions League winners four years on the spin. But for some reason I could never ever buy Ryan Giggs. He refused to go to Rangers no matter what we won. I could buy everyone else but not that Welsh git.

Also, I took over at The Kings Road Sh1te and managed to relegate them into Non League oblivion. I got sacked about five times a season but got there eventually. Oh happy days.

Later versions of that game got far too complicated and detailed and a season would take months to finish and it became harder to cheat so I gave up. What’s the point in playing a game that’s like real life?
PC Football game advice on 15:24 - Mar 29 with 1128 viewsrsonist

I played a few seasons of 01/02 last year (it's a free download on the site).

Not sure how you got yourself sacked managing us with or without cheats to be honest. We're broke and Carlisle & Langley are out for the first six months (I still don't want reminding twenty years later) but the game is pretty generous with the players we've got - Doudou, Griffiths and Thomson are lethal enough for a couple of promotions, Forbes and Bignot are rock solid. Keep loaning out of favour Prem players until some money arrives and you'll be fine.

Delightful to sign a 24 year old Clint too - he usually ends up playing for England.
PC Football game advice on 16:09 - Mar 29 with 1086 viewsMatch82

PC Football game advice on 12:25 - Mar 29 by enfieldargh

so if I can get 01/02 and get cheat codes so I can update the qpr squad then I'm set

Football manager is the better game these days.
01/02 is a classic though, and you should be able to get it. There's a website (search for champ man 0102) which has patches for all the latest players.

As for cheat codes, don't bother. There are a couple of formations (I think WW or something similar) which is as good as a cheat code...but technically not cheating :)
PC Football game advice on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 1074 viewsLunarJetman

PC Football game advice on 16:09 - Mar 29 by Match82

Football manager is the better game these days.
01/02 is a classic though, and you should be able to get it. There's a website (search for champ man 0102) which has patches for all the latest players.

As for cheat codes, don't bother. There are a couple of formations (I think WW or something similar) which is as good as a cheat code...but technically not cheating :)

WW? What does that mean?
PC Football game advice on 16:55 - Mar 29 with 1071 viewsLunarJetman

PC Football game advice on 16:52 - Mar 29 by LunarJetman

WW? What does that mean?

Ah, it’s without wingers isn’t it..
PC Football game advice on 18:48 - Mar 29 with 1015 viewsMatch82

PC Football game advice on 16:52 - Mar 29 by LunarJetman

WW? What does that mean?

It's been a while but I remember it being called something like that. Unstoppable.

And yeah I seem to remember wing backs, a packed midfield and only 2 at the back.
Login to get fewer ads

PC Football game advice on 19:35 - Mar 29 with 992 views1MoreBrightonR

Here you go.... A link to the 01/02 but with updated squads
PC Football game advice on 19:52 - Mar 29 with 982 viewsaston_hoop

PC Football game advice on 19:35 - Mar 29 by 1MoreBrightonR

Here you go.... A link to the 01/02 but with updated squads

Got quite into the new FM with all this time off. Eze became a right dick and buggered off, Ilias Chair is a class act though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024