Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? 12:37 - Mar 31 with 17340 viewsR_from_afar

OK, so this is a pretty trivial subject at this time of crisis and upheaval, but I am getting to the point where my crowning glory - or to be more accurate, grizzled French crop - is going to need some serious attention. I've never cut my own hair and am nervous as hell.

What are you lot planning to do? I am considering getting some electric clippers but am such a clumsy oaf that I will probably end up slicing the curtains in half, along with my own ear.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 12:38 - Mar 31 with 7160 viewsNorthernr

We're getting the clippers out here this weekend and going for a scalping.
In these times, that counts as an activity to look forward to.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 7140 viewsLblock

I'd imagine if I didn't cut my hair for 3 months it'd barely register!

Me missus has "cut" my barnet for a while now.... I just hope the home sheep shearers don't fail.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 13:24 - Mar 31 with 7080 viewsR_from_afar

I'm about to take the plunge and buy some electric clippers. Needs must. Any outcome which leaves me looking even slightly less weird than the SpecSavers sheepdog will be a massive result.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 7061 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm regretting not having it done before lockdown. I look like Brian Kilcline's hairy grandfather at the moment.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 13:41 - Mar 31 with 7025 viewsJuzzie

I had mine cut a couple of weeks ago before the lock-down. Thing is, it still grows quickly which is amazing for a 50+ year old.
I guess I'll just look like a hippy when all this ends.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 14:01 - Mar 31 with 6995 viewsjohann28

Crazy mane and beard fkit. I think i'm looking like Robinson fk g Crusoe but Mrs Johann says it's very sexy so I'm going with that :)
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 14:06 - Mar 31 with 6980 viewsloftboy

9/10 I’ll do my own, grade 0.5 all over and 1 for the beard, the 1/10 is when I want the beard reshaping so will get an expert to do it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 6946 viewssupahoopsa

Been cutting my own haird for about 10 years now = 6 on top, 5 at the top sides then 3 or 4 at the sides. Special guides to go over the ears and finally two at the bottom of the back. All very easy :-)

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Login to get fewer ads

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 14:22 - Mar 31 with 6940 viewsHantsR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-52095554/how-not-to-cut-your-hair-at-home
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 15:18 - Mar 31 with 6868 viewsWokingR

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 14:20 - Mar 31 by supahoopsa

Been cutting my own haird for about 10 years now = 6 on top, 5 at the top sides then 3 or 4 at the sides. Special guides to go over the ears and finally two at the bottom of the back. All very easy :-)

Second this
I'm on my third set of clippers now and have been doing this for about 20 years now.
But a decent set, with lots of different grades and some will even allow you to adjust the length up and down between the grades too. You can also get graduated grades which will help blend in different lengths.
Just remember, start long and go shorter if necessary.
You can't do it the other way round !
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 15:24 - Mar 31 with 6852 viewsTacticalR

This whole lockdown is going to be a fashion disaster.

Air hostess clique

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 16:24 - Mar 31 with 6754 viewsE17hoop

Growing mine all out...it'll go beyond that mid-length shít stage while we're all locked down.

And the beard's going along nicely, if a little more salt than pepper in places.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 16:26 - Mar 31 with 6744 viewsstevec

Mines been cutting itself for some time now.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 16:34 - Mar 31 with 6732 viewsPunteR

We're thinking of buying clippers. me and my oldest lad. I cut/trimmed my wifes hair last week and done a pretty good job if i do say so myself. I told her she can't go back to Tony and Guys now at a hundred odd quid a cut.
I can't really grow a beard. Unlike some blokes who look super cool with beards i just look like a homeless man that needs a wash.
Hats and beards just don't suit me unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 16:46 - Mar 31 with 6693 viewsWokingR

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 16:34 - Mar 31 by PunteR

We're thinking of buying clippers. me and my oldest lad. I cut/trimmed my wifes hair last week and done a pretty good job if i do say so myself. I told her she can't go back to Tony and Guys now at a hundred odd quid a cut.
I can't really grow a beard. Unlike some blokes who look super cool with beards i just look like a homeless man that needs a wash.
Hats and beards just don't suit me unfortunately.

My Corona Beard had to go.
Daughter said I looked like I'd given up
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 17:08 - Mar 31 with 6639 viewsDavieQPR

Reminds me of years ago when mine started falling out. I went to the doctors and asked him if he had anything to keep it in. He gave me a cardboard box.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 17:49 - Mar 31 with 6596 viewsjohncharles

When you’ve got a full (ish) head of hair at my age (70) I’m go into flaunt it

Strong and stable my arse.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 18:14 - Mar 31 with 6557 viewsDorse

To anyone thinking of trimming their scrotum hair with hairdressing scissors, be careful. Be very careful.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 20:42 - Mar 31 with 6426 viewsEsox_Lucius

For inspiration, use Google to type in "Home haircuts during lockdown". You won't be disappointed.

The grass is always greener.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 20:52 - Mar 31 with 6419 viewsqprxtc

I’m going to pluck out one hair per day.
Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 20:58 - Mar 31 with 6403 viewsted_hendrix

My hair aint been cut for Months, it's now heading towards 'Hippy' length just as It was when I was a 'Hippy' back in the early 70's.
I noticed today as I ambled through Wantage that on two different occasions Ladies slowed down in their cars to 'check me out'

Hey Joe.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 21:34 - Mar 31 with 6362 viewsloftboy

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 20:58 - Mar 31 by ted_hendrix

My hair aint been cut for Months, it's now heading towards 'Hippy' length just as It was when I was a 'Hippy' back in the early 70's.
I noticed today as I ambled through Wantage that on two different occasions Ladies slowed down in their cars to 'check me out'

Hey Joe.

Off topic Ted my eldest daughter now live in wantage, ive enjoyed a few beers in the lamb on Mill st recently.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 22:25 - Mar 31 with 6310 viewsBoston

Sadly for my mates - I still have a full head of thick fast growing hair with little grey. After many years of keeping it short, one of my daughters mentioned that having such a barnet at my age and not showing it off was crazy. So grow it I did. Still, I'm usually in the electric chair for a monthly tidy up, therefore if anyone's making the sequel to the Life of Brian in the summer....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 22:34 - Mar 31 with 6284 viewsBoston

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 22:25 - Mar 31 by Boston

Sadly for my mates - I still have a full head of thick fast growing hair with little grey. After many years of keeping it short, one of my daughters mentioned that having such a barnet at my age and not showing it off was crazy. So grow it I did. Still, I'm usually in the electric chair for a monthly tidy up, therefore if anyone's making the sequel to the Life of Brian in the summer....

...erm, not McCarthy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Haircuts! What's your plan? Will you cut your own? on 22:37 - Mar 31 with 6276 viewsGloucs_R

My eldest had a wicked haircut, thanks to me.

I look like an extra in alien.

My youngest looks like the alien.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024