Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The haves and the have nots... 13:12 - Apr 1 with 1437 viewsFredManRave

An interesting article and not just to berate Premier League football but also to open up the wider debate of the moral responsibility of company owners, highly paid executives, etc that are in a much better financial position to help out, especially in the early stages of this situation.
It's so wrong that a company that could afford, at least initially, to absorb early losses could actually choose to furlough staff or even lay them off whilst protecting exec pay and/or dividend payments. The government hopefully have a way of identifying these companies and refusing furloughs to them.
Maybe I'm being too hopeful and asking too much of the haves but to see the economic massacre that so many are going to suffer globally while so many have more money than they know what to do with leaves a fcuking bad taste in my mouth.
I've read that some celebrities have made donations like Messi, Guardiola etc but there's a real chance for these types (all the rich not just celebs) to help out in a very big way the millions of the have nots that are gonna have a alot less after this situation.
#stickthatinyourtwitterfeedorinstagramupdate

Good health and best wishes to all.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52120578

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The haves and the have nots... on 13:23 - Apr 1 with 1403 viewsJuzzie

Our global MD/CEO is supposedly paid around £8m-10m p/a. Then there's expenses, bonuses, share dividends and so on.

Then there's the Board, the Executives and so on. All these people earning £millions.

I know they're highly experienced, under big pressure etc but Is what they do really justifiable for these amounts? I mean, just how much is enough? How much can you actually spend?

Then there's the salaries of our parent company, even bigger probably at top level.

Will all these people be taking a cut to ensure the staff are OK?
The haves and the have nots... on 13:28 - Apr 1 with 1391 viewsFredManRave

The haves and the have nots... on 13:23 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

Our global MD/CEO is supposedly paid around £8m-10m p/a. Then there's expenses, bonuses, share dividends and so on.

Then there's the Board, the Executives and so on. All these people earning £millions.

I know they're highly experienced, under big pressure etc but Is what they do really justifiable for these amounts? I mean, just how much is enough? How much can you actually spend?

Then there's the salaries of our parent company, even bigger probably at top level.

Sickening isn't it mate. Can't understand these people and their "all about me" attitudes. Even less so in this situation which is affecting everybody. A real opportunity to level the playing field at least a bit to help out your fellow human being. I think government have a big responsibility in this regard by capping bonuses, pay rises, dividend payments etc just no idea how they'd go about it. But ffs human race, once in a life time chance to come together yet while we get 750,000 who risk their lives by volunteering there are probably just as many who are worried about how they will be able to maintain their excessive luxury lifestyle and won't raise a finger to help those that most need it, even their fellow employees. Cants!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The haves and the have nots... on 13:45 - Apr 1 with 1349 viewsR_from_afar

The haves and the have nots... on 13:23 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

At my last company, it was a matter of public record that the Chief Marketing Officer had a $6m package (making her the six million dollar woman, sort of).

We had a bad quarter and the inevitable job cuts followed. I remember the frowns and solemn pronouncements from senior management as colleagues got the boot, including one guy who was experienced, hard working and doing the work of two people, in trying circumstances. He and other people on £50k got laid off when a tiny bit of self-sacrifice by our six million dollar woman - and her fellow board members - could have saved their jobs and preserved their experience and capabilities for the good of the whole company.

Never
Going
To
Happen

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The haves and the have nots... on 13:49 - Apr 1 with 1342 viewsA40Bosh

Initially I saw the headline and thought, another opportunity to kick footballers again.

But then I read that this is principally about the clubs and not the individual players . So for clubs like Spurs there is absolutely no excuse to furlough staff and put the burden on the public finances when the club is making £68m profit. Whilst I think you have to separate the personal finances of an owner and an 'employee', if you are a billionaire owner and you are putting lower paid staff on furlough then that absolutely stinks

There are probably a lot of conversations ongoing and agreements maybe being made by other clubs to reduce players wages, it is just we don't really hear about them in the same way as executives of other companies are doing things we will never hear of.

For example my own company, all C level officers and director level have agreed to reduce salary by 40% but still expected to carry out their duties 5 days a week.

The next level down some of us have been told we have been reduced to a 3 day week and it is up to us whether we work the extra two days or not and some managers have been put on furlough. Much of the rest of our company has been put on furlough already across the world, but with no revenue coming in at all across our hotels and restaurants and bars that is not really surprising.

I hope that Premier League clubs react in the right way and do not start putting up excuses about legal complexities of renegotiating contracts and that by the time they hav done that the season might be back on and all that other flannel

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The haves and the have nots... on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 1263 viewseghamranger

The haves and the have nots... on 13:49 - Apr 1 by A40Bosh

Initially I saw the headline and thought, another opportunity to kick footballers again.

But then I read that this is principally about the clubs and not the individual players . So for clubs like Spurs there is absolutely no excuse to furlough staff and put the burden on the public finances when the club is making £68m profit. Whilst I think you have to separate the personal finances of an owner and an 'employee', if you are a billionaire owner and you are putting lower paid staff on furlough then that absolutely stinks

There are probably a lot of conversations ongoing and agreements maybe being made by other clubs to reduce players wages, it is just we don't really hear about them in the same way as executives of other companies are doing things we will never hear of.

For example my own company, all C level officers and director level have agreed to reduce salary by 40% but still expected to carry out their duties 5 days a week.

The next level down some of us have been told we have been reduced to a 3 day week and it is up to us whether we work the extra two days or not and some managers have been put on furlough. Much of the rest of our company has been put on furlough already across the world, but with no revenue coming in at all across our hotels and restaurants and bars that is not really surprising.

I hope that Premier League clubs react in the right way and do not start putting up excuses about legal complexities of renegotiating contracts and that by the time they hav done that the season might be back on and all that other flannel

I see that spurs are asking for Government to pay for their 550 non playing staff. These are clearly the stadium workers on matchdays and also other full time staff.
He apparently gets paid 4 million a year and god knows what the manager and players are on.
Surely they should all chip in and assist for a couple of months, there not even training together and literally sitting at home like the rest of us.. so wrong
The haves and the have nots... on 15:27 - Apr 1 with 1188 viewsfrancisbowles

This is going to cost the country something similar to the banking crisis. A direct comparison is difficult at present due to the situation evolving and unknowns such as will loans be repaid etc. However, it is broadly in the same vein.

Time now for government to start trying to get some money out of these highly paid people, so that everyone else's multiple years of austerity are not repeated.
The haves and the have nots... on 15:39 - Apr 1 with 1162 viewsMedwayR

The haves and the have nots... on 15:27 - Apr 1 by francisbowles

This is going to cost the country something similar to the banking crisis. A direct comparison is difficult at present due to the situation evolving and unknowns such as will loans be repaid etc. However, it is broadly in the same vein.

Time now for government to start trying to get some money out of these highly paid people, so that everyone else's multiple years of austerity are not repeated.

Well if the government wants to find money then they need to start hammering the wealthy because the poor certainly haven't got anything left to give.

Poll: Who’s better?

The haves and the have nots... on 18:13 - Apr 1 with 1076 viewswood_hoop

The haves and the have nots... on 15:39 - Apr 1 by MedwayR

Well if the government wants to find money then they need to start hammering the wealthy because the poor certainly haven't got anything left to give.

Somehow I think that our PM will be getting this from heavier taxes but not the top 5%
they wont feel a thing, you can bet those on average or lower incomes will.....
Login to get fewer ads

The haves and the have nots... on 18:22 - Apr 1 with 1054 viewsJuzzie

Time for the government to grow a pair of balls and start collecting from Amazon, Starbucks, Mr Branson and all the other massive corporations who pay peanuts.
The haves and the have nots... on 20:00 - Apr 1 with 993 viewsderbyhoop

This is morally indefensible.
Players on an average of £70K per week carry on drawing huge salaries whilst not doing their job, while backroom staff on a fraction of that amount get furloughed. Most of them won't earn in a year what the players earn per week. Priorities are all wrong.
At least, much of the management at Bournemouth are setting an example.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The haves and the have nots... on 20:03 - Apr 1 with 984 viewsJuzzie

The haves and the have nots... on 20:00 - Apr 1 by derbyhoop

This is morally indefensible.
Players on an average of £70K per week carry on drawing huge salaries whilst not doing their job, while backroom staff on a fraction of that amount get furloughed. Most of them won't earn in a year what the players earn per week. Priorities are all wrong.
At least, much of the management at Bournemouth are setting an example.

Been that way for the last couple of decades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024