Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough, there's only one Furlough 17:11 - Apr 1 with 6429 viewsMedwayR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/all-qpr-staff-take-voluntary-pay-cut/

Bullsh*t if you ask me, why should the taxpayer prop up football clubs.

Poll: Who’s better?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 17:16 - Apr 1 with 4922 viewsloftboy

They’re still employers, their income stream has ceased and those staff that have been furloughed would other wise be made redundant thus getting no money until their benefits were sorted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 4895 viewsMedwayR

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 17:16 - Apr 1 by loftboy

They’re still employers, their income stream has ceased and those staff that have been furloughed would other wise be made redundant thus getting no money until their benefits were sorted.

Yeah I know that, but our flashy billionaire owners have deep pockets, let them pay.

Poll: Who’s better?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 4873 viewsloftboy

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 17:24 - Apr 1 by MedwayR

Yeah I know that, but our flashy billionaire owners have deep pockets, let them pay.

they have deep pockets for a reason!! Yes looking from that pint of view you are %100 correct but as said on the other similar thread directors and company owners don’t give a shit about this eat the other end of the food chain.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 18:18 - Apr 1 with 4777 viewsJuzzie

As I mentioned on another thread, our CEO's, Executives etc are earning £millions. Will they personally take a cut to help the staff? I don't think they would, it would come out of company money then in the future there will be redundancies, pay freezes, no bonuses etc to cover it. They'll still get their £millions though.
Can't see QPR owners doing any different.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 18:37 - Apr 1 with 4718 viewsstevec

MW and coaching staff have voluntarily taken a pay cut.

Trust the players will follow and do the right thing
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 19:04 - Apr 1 with 4652 viewsIrishR

Completely agree Medway, Government should not have to prop up any premier league and most likely all Championship teams. The TV money received is more than adequate to sustain them. What Spurs did yesterday was embarrassing imo.

All premier league players should have their wages frozen without issue for the duration of this and income should be funnelled down to sustain the livelihood of lower league teams. Its disgusting if you ask me and really makes me fall out of love with football even more. Premier league players make an average of 70k and are now sitting at home playing fortnite and fifa 20 and loving it.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 19:12 - Apr 1 with 4632 viewsJuzzie

Everyone needs to cancel, not hold, Sky Sports. Everyone.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 19:30 - Apr 1 with 4600 viewsIrishR

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 19:12 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

While the sky fees have been the foundation of these astronomical wages etc this one for me is on the clubs and players. All fans should boycott matches based on this initial response, players are privileged to do what they do but they dont realise it as the money has poisoned it all. Only by fans voting with their feet(and your sky recommendation) do football club wages no longer become viable and the whole thing comes falling down. This would need to be a global movement however. Wage caps are the only solution globally in my opinion. This in turn will reduce the need for the astronomical TV money given(reducing sky fees) and therefore clubs can be run on a lot less while at the same time making it more competitive again.

In reality in 6 months nothing will change and Neymar will still get his €375k clapping bonus.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 20:20 - Apr 1 with 4517 viewsJuzzie

Fans going to games (in the PL) counts for so little these days that them not going will have little effect.

The TV subscriber is the main source of income. Thats why they move fixtures around all the time, to satisfy the main customer, not the fans who go. They don’t count.

Cancel it and it’ll have a profound effect. Advertisers will pull out, so will sponsors.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 20:22 - Apr 1 with 4510 viewsQPROslo

I don't think any of our owners still in the airline or tourist industry generally, will have deep pockets these days, well maybe deep but emptied and ripped out of their trousers.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 20:48 - Apr 1 with 4450 viewsdaveB

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 18:18 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

As I mentioned on another thread, our CEO's, Executives etc are earning £millions. Will they personally take a cut to help the staff? I don't think they would, it would come out of company money then in the future there will be redundancies, pay freezes, no bonuses etc to cover it. They'll still get their £millions though.
Can't see QPR owners doing any different.

by the look of it Hoos, Ferdinand and everyone has taken a pay cut
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 21:27 - Apr 1 with 4383 views1MoreBrightonR

If the players don't follow and do something similar, I'll be pretty disgusted. They should be the first one volunteering for a pay cut.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 22:42 - Apr 1 with 4235 viewsGloucs_R

Have the player's offered to take a cut? I'm confused

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 23:51 - Apr 1 with 4173 viewsdaveB

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 22:42 - Apr 1 by Gloucs_R

Have the player's offered to take a cut? I'm confused

The PFA are negotiating on behalf of all players
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 00:55 - Apr 2 with 4121 viewsMatch82

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 19:12 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

Hate to say it juzzie but UK sky subscriptions are probably only a fraction of the tv rights, given the worldwide coverage these days. We have so little power and so little say these days, fans just don't matter any more
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 04:20 - Apr 2 with 4067 viewsnadera78

If games aren't being played, I'd doubt the TV revenue is being paid. Seeing as very few sports clubs in this country ever make a profit, never mind put money aside for a rainy day, there won't be many of them able to meet their outgoings while this situation continues.

Once everyone accepts that there's not going to be any sport for a good few months to come, more and more will furlough off-field staff and ask players to accept pay cuts. With one or two exceptions clubs just won't have the money to continue paying what they contractually owe - some owners might step in to cover the losses, but lots won't.

The PFA's position is that it should instead be a wage deferment not a pay cut, but there's no collective bargaining agreement so in reality each club will negotiate with its players, with the PFA offering guidance to players. They'll take the cut, they know they have little choice - people are dying, a massive recession is on its way, and holding out would make them look incredibly ignorant and selfish.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 04:53 - Apr 2 with 4056 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Quite a few clubs in Australia are standing players down with no pay.
Over here there is a salary cap but most of the clubs don't have rich owners.

I really hope when we come out the other side that sports people throughout the world including footballers start to get paid a lot less money.
They are not worth the obscene amounts many get paid in the bigger leagues.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 4:53]
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 07:49 - Apr 2 with 3970 viewsRussian__Bot

None of our owners are billionaires (Bhattia’s father in law is)

They are (or were) very wealthy men. Fernandes makes his money in airline industry. You tell me an industry worst affected then that right now...

Football clubs are a rich mans play thing. Right now the shits hitting the fan in their businesses and spending millions of pounds a year on that (not just at our club) is being questioned

People live to their means and they have plenty of bills and a lifestyle their missus have become accustomed to. They also have businesses they have poured their soul into to develop. They’re funds are going to be directed there

Football needs to save it self (it won’t of course- as it is relying on the players and likes of Levy and Karen Brady to take pay cuts)
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 7:50]
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 08:52 - Apr 2 with 3894 viewsNorthernr

There's obviously a very big stand off with the PFA going on at the moment over pay, and contracts being extended beyond June 30. The PFA would do well to be helpful for the first time in its existance.

"Football will eat itself" has been bandied around a lot over the last 20 years but it actually might this time. I'm still seeing stories every day about who's going where this summer, who Tottenham are buying, how much Pogba will cost, as if that's all just going to happen as normal. Anybody writing that sht or believing it is kidding themselves.

The whole thing is propped up by broadcast money and that money aint going to be forthcoming if there's no football to show. I've stopped all my subscriptions as I suspect most others have - do people think Sky are going to keep forking over their money if there's no football for 3, 6, 9 months? In Oz Fox and 9 have immediately pulled out of their NRL payments, and it's only been off a week. Why do you think we're hearing these batsht mental stories about the premier league finishing its season in a month-long, behind closed doors, summer spectacular in the Midlands? Because they're desperate to shovel something, anything, the way of their broadcast partners to keep them sweet.

It could all come crashing down and if Gordon Taylor thinks his members can just carry on earning the same as they were before regardless he might very well find that the number of employers for said members will very shortly take an enormous dive.

That and, you know, having plahyers earning 100% of £120,000 a week while you're furloughing the cleaning lady and asking the box office staff to take a pay cut is fcking immoral.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:05 - Apr 2 with 3867 viewsTheChef

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 08:52 - Apr 2 by Northernr

There's obviously a very big stand off with the PFA going on at the moment over pay, and contracts being extended beyond June 30. The PFA would do well to be helpful for the first time in its existance.

"Football will eat itself" has been bandied around a lot over the last 20 years but it actually might this time. I'm still seeing stories every day about who's going where this summer, who Tottenham are buying, how much Pogba will cost, as if that's all just going to happen as normal. Anybody writing that sht or believing it is kidding themselves.

The whole thing is propped up by broadcast money and that money aint going to be forthcoming if there's no football to show. I've stopped all my subscriptions as I suspect most others have - do people think Sky are going to keep forking over their money if there's no football for 3, 6, 9 months? In Oz Fox and 9 have immediately pulled out of their NRL payments, and it's only been off a week. Why do you think we're hearing these batsht mental stories about the premier league finishing its season in a month-long, behind closed doors, summer spectacular in the Midlands? Because they're desperate to shovel something, anything, the way of their broadcast partners to keep them sweet.

It could all come crashing down and if Gordon Taylor thinks his members can just carry on earning the same as they were before regardless he might very well find that the number of employers for said members will very shortly take an enormous dive.

That and, you know, having plahyers earning 100% of £120,000 a week while you're furloughing the cleaning lady and asking the box office staff to take a pay cut is fcking immoral.

The PFA? Gordon Taylor? Useful???

Thank you for the first LOL of the day!

He's been Chief Exec since 1981!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Taylor_(footballer)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:13 - Apr 2 with 3852 viewsNorthernr

Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:05 - Apr 2 by TheChef

The PFA? Gordon Taylor? Useful???

Thank you for the first LOL of the day!

He's been Chief Exec since 1981!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Taylor_(footballer)

Yeh, he's quite a good microcosm for the sport. Grossly overpaid, smug, arrogant, and thinks he can just carry on as normal, as if nothing has happened.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 09:29 - Apr 2 with 3811 viewsterryb

I hope (and think) that the players will take a pay cut.

It may be that they have to tell the PFA to accept this though!

It is madness for any speculation on "summer" transfers. Nobody has a clue when the window will be open or what any player's valuation currently is!

They will certainly be lower than they were at the beginning of March. On another board I saw a story that The Sun (obviously this rules out any truth) state that EZE is now worth £9 million & West Ham have tabled an offer!

Complete & utter b******s!
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 3784 viewsrsonist

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dazn-tv-rights-payments-coronavirus

International digital sports broadcaster DAZN is set to write to global rights holders this week to inform them that it will not be making its next rights fee payments for any content that has not yet been delivered

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/01/pfa-found-part-funding-organisat

PFA found to be part-funding organisation that has paid more than £160,000 to Gordon Taylor's son
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:17 - Apr 2 with 3759 viewsstevec

Going forward, imagine the EFL will have to write off this season in terms of FFP.
Furlough, there's only one Furlough on 10:18 - Apr 2 with 3759 viewsderbyhoop

For players whose contracts expire on June 30, if there is still no football at that point, would the clubs be covered if they said the players aren't going to get the contracts extended. Would it be OK to state the contract will only be extended if player takes a furlough.

I'm guessing it would only apply to players the clubs planned to release.10% of squad?
Can't see Liverpool allowing Mo Salah to move to Man City for nothing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024