Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pigbag 19:38 - Apr 2 with 2791 viewsHastings_Hoops

It’s been asked before I’m sure; but...

Has anyone else had enough of pigbag after goals are scored. It’s just got a bit naff and stifles any celebrations as everyone defaults to clapping along with it like the audience to the theme tune of a 2nd rate BBC family show.

Get rid.

End of.

Pigbag on 20:04 - Apr 2 with 1933 viewsHayesender

I hate it, but then again I hate all goal music

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pigbag on 20:11 - Apr 2 with 1915 viewsHastings_Hoops

When we inevitably win the playoffs and find ourselves in the premier next season, we’ll look like a right bunch of dipsy doodles when that rubbish pipes up and VAR overturns any goal... terrible. pigbag out!
Pigbag on 20:11 - Apr 2 with 1909 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd bin all goal music.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pigbag on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1912 viewsqprxtc

I never got paid for all these years of Pigbag.
Pigbag on 20:19 - Apr 2 with 1896 viewsLowerloftLad

I would keep It i like the fact we have and play pigbag

We definitely need to buck our ideas up on making an atmosphere though
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 20:23]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Pigbag on 20:39 - Apr 2 with 1847 viewsSir_Chops

It's does seem pretty naff to be fair. It's not about the song - no problem with it being played before the game or as teams run out, but not after goals...
Pigbag on 21:03 - Apr 2 with 1797 viewsdaveB

i love it, stick me in the remain camp
Pigbag on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 1794 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m not a big fan of goal music but I love Pigbag and I love hearing the tune when we score. Spent my dinner money on the vinyl the week it came out. Near on 40 years later I’ve never bored of the riff or the rhythm. When we score and it’s played it still feels fresh. I do respect an aversion to goal music though. So for me it’s Pigbag or No-bag.

If anything it’s Hi Ho Silver Lining which is naff. Always reminds me of a crappy disco at a dodgy wedding. Saying that I have now warmed to it and sing along loud and hearty when it’s played. Could be wrong but I believe ‘Hi Ho’ has a link to the 67 Cup Final. All Or Nothing (Small Faces) is a better tune.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 21:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Pigbag on 21:17 - Apr 2 with 1767 viewsenfieldargh

absolutely love it,

Before it we still jumped up and down and went bonkers but not in unison.

When was it first introduced?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pigbag on 21:29 - Apr 2 with 1739 viewsHastings_Hoops

Think it would be better if the fans did it without the music blaring out. I still remember in the mid-90s when it had just taken off celebrating a Ferdinand goal at Ipswich for almost the entire second half singing pigbag... much better.
Pigbag on 21:31 - Apr 2 with 1735 viewsLythamR

i wasnt a fan when it was introduced but I think i would miss it now if we scrapped it

in fact i would dearly love to be back in LU and hearing it sooner rather than later
Pigbag on 21:39 - Apr 2 with 1717 viewsWestonsuperR

I’m ok with it, my children really love it as well, it adds something to the match for them and anything to help with their support for the club has got to be a good thing.
Pigbag on 21:49 - Apr 2 with 1694 viewsMoonshineSteve

I'm in favour. I think I can run with it because there's no lyrics so it just synchronises us without being too intrusive.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Pigbag on 21:54 - Apr 2 with 1681 viewsdaveB

Pigbag on 21:04 - Apr 2 by DannyPaddox

I’m not a big fan of goal music but I love Pigbag and I love hearing the tune when we score. Spent my dinner money on the vinyl the week it came out. Near on 40 years later I’ve never bored of the riff or the rhythm. When we score and it’s played it still feels fresh. I do respect an aversion to goal music though. So for me it’s Pigbag or No-bag.

If anything it’s Hi Ho Silver Lining which is naff. Always reminds me of a crappy disco at a dodgy wedding. Saying that I have now warmed to it and sing along loud and hearty when it’s played. Could be wrong but I believe ‘Hi Ho’ has a link to the 67 Cup Final. All Or Nothing (Small Faces) is a better tune.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 21:12]

Ho Ho gets played because it was Daphne Biggs favourites song, after she died the club said they would play the song after every win in her memory, nice touch that it's still going on today
Pigbag on 21:57 - Apr 2 with 1673 viewsStanisgod

My grandson (7) loves it and goes round the garden singing it randomly.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Pigbag on 22:01 - Apr 2 with 1659 viewsDevon_4_England

Pigbag on 20:19 - Apr 2 by LowerloftLad

I would keep It i like the fact we have and play pigbag

We definitely need to buck our ideas up on making an atmosphere though
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 20:23]

Agree the atmosphere hasn’t been great for a long time but you would hope it will be Oldham-esque for the first home game back...
Pigbag on 22:29 - Apr 2 with 1617 viewsDannyPaddox

Pigbag on 21:54 - Apr 2 by daveB

Ho Ho gets played because it was Daphne Biggs favourites song, after she died the club said they would play the song after every win in her memory, nice touch that it's still going on today

Thanks Dave I never knew that and I’m totally won over. Daphne is as much QPR as any player or manager we’ve had if not more.
Pigbag on 22:44 - Apr 2 with 1591 viewsstevec

I like it and opposition associate us with it.

Tip: if you don’t want to hear the song when we score, sit at the back of SAR, the speakers don’t reach that far back.
Pigbag on 22:47 - Apr 2 with 1587 viewsqueensparker

Hated it at first, into it now. I like it best at away grounds when we sing it ourselves mind you. We even played it at my Uncle's funeral.

Why did we pick Pigbag in the first place, anyone know?
Pigbag on 23:13 - Apr 2 with 1554 viewsqprd

Pigbag on 22:47 - Apr 2 by queensparker

Hated it at first, into it now. I like it best at away grounds when we sing it ourselves mind you. We even played it at my Uncle's funeral.

Couldn’t agree more abt the away matches point

Would definitely keep it
Pigbag on 23:15 - Apr 2 with 1553 viewsDannyPaddox

Pigbag on 22:47 - Apr 2 by queensparker

Papa’s Got A Brand New Pigbag was first released in the summer of 1981 on Y records (Pop Group, The Slits, Maximum Joy) an off-shoot of Rough Trade and then quietly disappeared. It was released again in the Spring of 82 and went to number 3 in the charts. My assumption is though it didn’t sell much on the first release it must have been big on the dancefloor and clubs. Anyway Spring 82 coincides with the Rs FA Cup run to Wembley so I wonder if the fans adopted it. Actually I seem to remember someone’s answered this before and it revolves around a very specific away day.
Pigbag on 23:18 - Apr 2 with 1551 viewsqueensparker

Pigbag on 23:15 - Apr 2 by DannyPaddox

Papa’s Got A Brand New Pigbag was first released in the summer of 1981 on Y records (Pop Group, The Slits, Maximum Joy) an off-shoot of Rough Trade and then quietly disappeared. It was released again in the Spring of 82 and went to number 3 in the charts. My assumption is though it didn’t sell much on the first release it must have been big on the dancefloor and clubs. Anyway Spring 82 coincides with the Rs FA Cup run to Wembley so I wonder if the fans adopted it. Actually I seem to remember someone’s answered this before and it revolves around a very specific away day.

I once was introduced to one of the horn players on the record (innocuous tall white bloke, ponytail) in a club in Hoxton years ago when off my face and proceeded to make a complete arse of myself trying to enthusiastically explain how his record was now an accompaniment to many happy times in my life.

I *think* he got what I meant.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 23:20]
Pigbag on 00:07 - Apr 3 with 1508 viewsDannyPaddox

I was at a squat party at the top of Camden Town by the Zoo maybe Christmas 81 or the cold winter of 82. Crazy Beatnik scenes, people out of their tree on neat chamomile-lemongrass concoctions. Others reading poetry and cookbooks out loud. Half of Pigbag were there and they did an impromptu set. Looking back on it I suppose they could have been anyone. Anyway cue half an hour of avant-garde squealing which I was okay with cos I was sure they were going to end on the big one. They ended with one of them playing a one handed piano solo - his other hand propping his face up with his elbow on the edge of the piano. It was all too Jack Kerouac for me and eventually at some godless hour I walked home in the snow.
Pigbag on 01:48 - Apr 3 with 1466 viewsMatch82

Don't mind the song after a goal but I think we need something else too (not necessarily after the goal). When we were at Cardiff for the playoff final I felt a bit of a berk singing doo doo doo doo while they were belting out their club anthem with proper words.
Pigbag on 02:12 - Apr 3 with 1459 viewsBoston

Going back to the OP, if you’re the Hastings I knew 35 /40 years ago...you were always a troublemaker😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024