Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PFA and Premier League 10:21 - Apr 5 with 2546 viewsShunter

"PFA argue that the clubs' proposed 30% cut in wages would be counter-productive and detrimental to the NHS because of the loss in tax revenue it would result in."

Then take the 30% cut out of the players net wages or is that to simple ?
PFA and Premier League on 12:38 - Apr 5 with 2466 viewsDavieQPR

Taylor is just worried his wages would also be cut by 30%.
PFA and Premier League on 12:42 - Apr 5 with 2456 viewsJuzzie

Taylor is a Grade A cnt to come up with a stunt like that.
Using the NHS (not 100% of people’s tax’s go to the NHS) to try and avoid the cut.
PFA and Premier League on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 2422 viewsEsox_Lucius

Agree with taking it from the Nett. and that way the NHS isn't impacted

The grass is always greener.

PFA and Premier League on 13:33 - Apr 5 with 2417 viewsClive_Anderson

That's got to be the worst excuse ever from him

I see Rooney is also saying it's "disgraceful" that they might have to take a pay cut.
PFA and Premier League on 13:33 - Apr 5 with 2416 viewsHunterhoop

But surely an x% deduction in gross salaries is a bigger number than the % of tax paid on that gross figure given they aren’t taxed more than 50%?!

Smells like complete BS for Taylor.

Take the deduction and force clubs to pass it onto the the NHS as a condition of the salary sacrifice scheme.
PFA and Premier League on 13:50 - Apr 5 with 2393 views2Thomas2Bowles

PFA and Premier League on 13:33 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

But surely an x% deduction in gross salaries is a bigger number than the % of tax paid on that gross figure given they aren’t taxed more than 50%?!

Smells like complete BS for Taylor.

Take the deduction and force clubs to pass it onto the the NHS as a condition of the salary sacrifice scheme.

How about having a windfall tax on all Million/Billionaires and companies like Amazon pay little.

I don't see why footballers should be the target here when a load of others get away with it

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

PFA and Premier League on 13:56 - Apr 5 with 2375 viewsozranger

By the way.. did Warbs actually start all of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52132449

And 50% sounds much better.
PFA and Premier League on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 2360 viewsHunterhoop

PFA and Premier League on 13:50 - Apr 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

How about having a windfall tax on all Million/Billionaires and companies like Amazon pay little.

I don't see why footballers should be the target here when a load of others get away with it

Well, they’re all already being hit by the consumer spending tap being turned off. Revenues will be absolutely butchered this financial year, which will impact EBIT and therefore bonuses and/or dividends significantly. Besides lots of senior leadership teams are already taking 20% pay cuts to help their companies through this.

Do I want millionaires to pay more in tax? Yes. Do I want firms to pay more in corporate tax and stoping getting away through loopholes? Yes. Is this a separate issue though? Yes.

Footballers are suffering no financial impact. All of business is, top to bottom. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask them to contiribute something.
Login to get fewer ads

PFA and Premier League on 14:10 - Apr 5 with 2336 views2Thomas2Bowles

PFA and Premier League on 14:01 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Well, they’re all already being hit by the consumer spending tap being turned off. Revenues will be absolutely butchered this financial year, which will impact EBIT and therefore bonuses and/or dividends significantly. Besides lots of senior leadership teams are already taking 20% pay cuts to help their companies through this.

Do I want millionaires to pay more in tax? Yes. Do I want firms to pay more in corporate tax and stoping getting away through loopholes? Yes. Is this a separate issue though? Yes.

Footballers are suffering no financial impact. All of business is, top to bottom. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask them to contiribute something.

Ok fair point.

I do think they should cover the wage bill for none playing staff at their clubs not leave it to the Gov to pay.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

PFA and Premier League on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 2299 viewsMatch82

PFA and Premier League on 14:10 - Apr 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok fair point.

I do think they should cover the wage bill for none playing staff at their clubs not leave it to the Gov to pay.

The real easy win for everyone here was for the players straight away to say "we'll cover any wages that the non playing staff miss". Fraction of what they will ultimately end up paying, good PR, no burden on tax payers etc.
PFA and Premier League on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 2244 viewsstevec

PFA and Premier League on 14:01 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Couldn’t have put it better.
PFA and Premier League on 19:21 - Apr 5 with 2154 viewsdaveB

Wayne Rooney's column was very good today giving the players point of view.

It's behind a pay wall but highlights here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52172196
PFA and Premier League on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2123 viewscolinallcars

Rooney says that taking a pay cut would “financially ruin” some players. Laugh ? I nearly started. Were it not for the Rangers I would turn my back on football and not even think about it let alone watch it.
PFA and Premier League on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 2069 viewsdaveB

PFA and Premier League on 19:49 - Apr 5 by colinallcars

Rooney says that taking a pay cut would “financially ruin” some players. Laugh ? I nearly started. Were it not for the Rangers I would turn my back on football and not even think about it let alone watch it.

those in the lower leagues it probably will, the whole point of players taking a pay cut should be to help the club survive, if the clubs can afford to take the hit then a wage drop shouldn't be needed. this row about the prem seems to be wanting them to pay for the nhs which seems a bit unfair on them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024