Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's getting worse 19:22 - Apr 8 with 2602 viewswelwynranger

I have been told to self isolate for 12 weeks. So if football does come back in May or June. I cant go
It's getting worse on 19:26 - Apr 8 with 2575 viewscolinallcars

My wife got one of those messages via text today. I expect I'll receive one soon. It says not to even take your own rubbish down to the bin.
A quick glance around the streets shows loads of people ignoring the guidelines.
I can't see why we can't go for a drive in the car. No chance of infection doing this.
It's getting worse on 19:27 - Apr 8 with 2572 viewsWokingR

We’re in the same boat.
Eldest daughter has various health issues so we’ve been in complete isolation for almost 4 weeks now already. Just putting the bin at the end of the drive is the furthest I’ve been from the house in weeks.
It's getting worse on 19:27 - Apr 8 with 2564 viewsdaveB

Football won't be coming back during the period where people are being told to self isolate for 12 weeks
It's getting worse on 21:05 - Apr 8 with 2408 viewsRANGERS4EVER

If it makes you feel better attending football matches won't be back until August/Sept for sure

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:44 - Apr 8 with 2355 viewsLunarJetman

It's getting worse on 19:26 - Apr 8 by colinallcars

My wife got one of those messages via text today. I expect I'll receive one soon. It says not to even take your own rubbish down to the bin.
A quick glance around the streets shows loads of people ignoring the guidelines.
I can't see why we can't go for a drive in the car. No chance of infection doing this.

For reasons such as this....

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-04-08/police-condemn-driver-who-crashed-in-
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 21:45]
It's getting worse on 22:47 - Apr 8 with 2272 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's getting worse on 21:05 - Apr 8 by RANGERS4EVER

If it makes you feel better attending football matches won't be back until August/Sept for sure

2021 maybe.
I can't see any scenario whereby we'll be at LR for the next 12 months.

Bare bones.

It's getting worse on 23:42 - Apr 8 with 2218 viewsBoston

One of my siblings has also been contacted by BIG BROTHER and told he must remain at home for 12 weeks.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It's getting worse on 23:51 - Apr 8 with 2204 viewskropotkin41

It's getting worse on 22:47 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

2021 maybe.
I can't see any scenario whereby we'll be at LR for the next 12 months.

I saw an article today which suggested the game could well be up for the Championship altogether.

Quite sobering stuff really. The most amazing bit of all was that the Rs were in the (rather short) list of clubs working within wage bill guidelines.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/coronavirus-news-la

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

It's getting worse on 02:21 - Apr 9 with 2112 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I assume age/underlying medical conditions might be factors as to why people are receiving these instructions, but can anyone confirm precisely why?

Presumably if people are told to stay inside, then the system expects no one to go in either?

I’m due to fly back to visit my mum at the end of May, and leaving aside if I can fly out/enter and return, it sounds like I might need to reschedule or arrange to sit in the front garden and talk through the window for a week.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

It's getting worse on 07:54 - Apr 9 with 1985 viewsnix

It's getting worse on 02:21 - Apr 9 by PlanetHonneywood

I assume age/underlying medical conditions might be factors as to why people are receiving these instructions, but can anyone confirm precisely why?

Presumably if people are told to stay inside, then the system expects no one to go in either?

I’m due to fly back to visit my mum at the end of May, and leaving aside if I can fly out/enter and return, it sounds like I might need to reschedule or arrange to sit in the front garden and talk through the window for a week.

No you're not supposed to visit people either. It's only those with pre-existing conditions that have been told not to go out at all for twelve weeks as the risk is much higher of becoming more sick and needing hospital treatment or even dying if they catch the virus. Flying in, going through an airport and then seeing your mum would be definitely not advised and is actually not allowed under current rules.

Everyone else will probably have to be able to emerge a bit earlier to get things open again but it's difficult to say exactly when we'll be told we can go out and about. The government want to balance the economy against people getting sick and the NHS becoming overwhelmed as it's already almost at breaking point. I think they'll open things gradually but piecemeal but we haven't been given any real indications yet. Big gatherings, like concerts and football, may not happen for a while.
It's getting worse on 08:06 - Apr 9 with 1958 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I suspect games will be televised live from behind closed doors to start with.
It's getting worse on 08:19 - Apr 9 with 1940 viewsJuzzie

It's getting worse on 23:51 - Apr 8 by kropotkin41

I saw an article today which suggested the game could well be up for the Championship altogether.

Quite sobering stuff really. The most amazing bit of all was that the Rs were in the (rather short) list of clubs working within wage bill guidelines.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/coronavirus-news-la

Further down that article it cites the problem we’ve known all along. “It’s the wages”.

Reading with the worst, for every £100 of income there is £226 in wages. Add on all the other running costs and it’ll be higher.

I’m sorry but no footballer at the top two levels needs to be paid what they get paid, they just don’t.

The whole player wage structure needs slashing by 50% or more. That would still give an average of £250,000 a year in the Championship. I’d love to earn that kind of money.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:28]
It's getting worse on 09:01 - Apr 9 with 1836 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sports a strange world.
You would think economics would have an effect yet fees/wages and so on have gone up despite the global recession at the highest level.

Prem player don't look to want to take a pay cut only about 150 so far are willing to make a donation.

Must be 700+ senior players on Prem club books while most won't be the highest earners they will be very well paid compared to most normal jobs.

It will be those below the prem that will suffer the most.

I don't think the season will resume.

Life IS more important than football.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 9:28]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

It's getting worse on 09:01 - Apr 9 with 1848 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

Think that piece needs to be thrown at every one of those fans on twitter next transfer window just to show it isn't 'just one signing'

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

It's getting worse on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 1786 viewsfrancisbowles

That's one scary read. It beggars belief that all these 'professional' business people take such gambles with their money.

Is there much difference between them and the gambling addicts throwing good money after bad.

Football has needed a thorough review for a long time. We can only hope that they will manage to pick up what's left and rebuild it in a more sustainable manner.

One thing is certain, wages need to be controlled. Automatic relegation wage reduction clauses need to be written into every contract. I know that causes unhappy players pushing for moves. So be it, if their good enough a higher level will come in and buy them.
It's getting worse on 09:55 - Apr 9 with 1756 viewsenfieldargh

I'm also wondering if sponsorship money crashes then being in the prem for the money aspect wont be part of the equation any longer and we get back to how things used to be.

An almost level playing field

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

It's getting worse on 10:23 - Apr 9 with 1709 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It's getting worse on 07:54 - Apr 9 by nix

No you're not supposed to visit people either. It's only those with pre-existing conditions that have been told not to go out at all for twelve weeks as the risk is much higher of becoming more sick and needing hospital treatment or even dying if they catch the virus. Flying in, going through an airport and then seeing your mum would be definitely not advised and is actually not allowed under current rules.

Everyone else will probably have to be able to emerge a bit earlier to get things open again but it's difficult to say exactly when we'll be told we can go out and about. The government want to balance the economy against people getting sick and the NHS becoming overwhelmed as it's already almost at breaking point. I think they'll open things gradually but piecemeal but we haven't been given any real indications yet. Big gatherings, like concerts and football, may not happen for a while.

Cheers for clarification amigo.

Particularly hard going at the moment, as flights booked to catch up with Mrs PH and now it seems, Ma PH, all shelved. Still bearing in mind two recent and sad posts on here about family members passing, complaining about sensible restrictions seems churlish, bordering on insulting.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

It's getting worse on 12:22 - Apr 9 with 1590 viewstimcocking

It's getting worse on 09:42 - Apr 9 by francisbowles

That's one scary read. It beggars belief that all these 'professional' business people take such gambles with their money.

Is there much difference between them and the gambling addicts throwing good money after bad.

Football has needed a thorough review for a long time. We can only hope that they will manage to pick up what's left and rebuild it in a more sustainable manner.

One thing is certain, wages need to be controlled. Automatic relegation wage reduction clauses need to be written into every contract. I know that causes unhappy players pushing for moves. So be it, if their good enough a higher level will come in and buy them.

No, i don't think there is much difference (to gambling).

Watching that transfer deadline day on Sunderland 'til i die, where they had to either seriously overpay for Will Grigg or have no hope, i could identify with being in their position at that point. It's a certainty going into the last hours, i'd have been committed to not bankrupting the club for somebody so mediocre, only to crumble at the eleventh hour and pay up, just like the Sunderland owner did. Talk about a lose lose position to be in. Very difficult for them. And the average fan is...well let's just say not exactly objective about things.

The whole industry seems scummy now.
It's getting worse on 12:29 - Apr 9 with 1584 viewsHarbour

Yes I got the text and the letter stay in for 12 weeks if you share a house as I do with my wife not supposed to sleep in the same bed eat at the same time use the same bathroom we have ignored all that other than the not going out. I got a call from the NHS volunteer checking up to see if I had some to look out for me do the shopping etc..there is 1.5m of us with the underlying health conditions...I have urgent operation cancelled twice thankfully I am ok at the moment...we are in life and world changing times...feel for all those who have lost loved ones ..
It's getting worse on 14:19 - Apr 9 with 1499 viewsderbyhoop

As you say, QPR were one of only 4 clubs meeting the recommended wages:turnover ratio..
And that was last year, with parachute payments. This year will be harder although Hoos/Ferdinand have been moving us in the right direction.

If it does hit Championship clubs as badly as suggested, we (and others who can get their act together) will be forced into a model where you develop your own players and/or bring in free transfers form the league above. And pay them sensible wages.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

It's getting worse on 15:52 - Apr 9 with 1421 viewsWatford_Ranger

It's getting worse on 19:26 - Apr 8 by colinallcars

Unless you need petrol, break down or crash.
It's getting worse on 16:04 - Apr 9 with 1393 viewsLazyFan

It's getting worse on 14:19 - Apr 9 by derbyhoop

As you say, QPR were one of only 4 clubs meeting the recommended wages:turnover ratio..
And that was last year, with parachute payments. This year will be harder although Hoos/Ferdinand have been moving us in the right direction.

If it does hit Championship clubs as badly as suggested, we (and others who can get their act together) will be forced into a model where you develop your own players and/or bring in free transfers form the league above. And pay them sensible wages.

We sold a few players as assets and then went wild on blowing a whole £50K on Kelly our marque signing.

We also spent a few mill though on loans. But we got rid of some of them in Jan too.

I think Stingy Hoo, Evil Les and One Trick Warbs have done a miracle job this year.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

It's getting worse on 16:35 - Apr 9 with 1342 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Of course, just as we’ve got a few tradable assets to hawk, the bloody transfer market will go nipples north!

Jinxed I tell ya...

It's getting worse on 16:36 - Apr 9 with 1338 viewsEastR

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/09/efl-hopes-to-restart-season-in-

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

It's getting worse on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1118 viewsthame_hoops

It's getting worse on 19:27 - Apr 8 by daveB

Football won't be coming back during the period where people are being told to self isolate for 12 weeks

Sweeping statement there Dave, behind closed doors if necessary
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024