Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad 22:25 - Apr 8 with 7597 viewsbosh67

My dad, Paul passed away this morning at Watford General Hospital from cancer and Coved19. I hadn't been able to see him for 3 weeks because the hospital couldn't allow visitors, which I totally understand. He managed to hold on long enough to wish me happy birthday on the phone yesterday, for which I will always be truly grateful.

My dad took me to my first QPR game when I was 5 and we sat side by side at QPR through the bad times, the even worse times, the just plain awful times and the occasional amazing and 'why we all love QPR' times. 46 years we sat together with my dad asking me why certain substitutions had been made and others not, and why the manager had no idea what he was doing. But we loved it and it was so lovely to be with my dad sharing that. Even over the last year when my dad wasn't so feeling so good we would talk after every game and talk every day about what was going on at the club. He really loved Rangers and win lose or draw we just loved being there watching the game with all the great people we got to know around us. I have missed it and will miss it a lot.

The doctors, nurses, surgeons and everyone who looked after my dad are putting their lives on the line for us and I just wanted to recognise, having seen it all first hand, what an amazing group of people they are. Coved19 is really evil. Really evil. I've been stuck in 2 A&E lock downs and it really is a plague.

I will miss being at games with my dad but I have been lucky to spend so much of my life with him at our wonderful club.

Please stay safe out there everyone.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad on 10:36 - Apr 9 with 1177 viewsRangersDave

Mate, i'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but happy you got to talk 1 last time.

Your beautiful words have left me in tears, best wishes to you at this sad time, and remember, your Rangers family are here for you.

Take care
Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

My dad on 10:40 - Apr 9 with 1168 viewspaulparker

Bosh please accept my condolences , really sorry to hear about your loss mate

Got a text This morning that a friend from my local pub has died ,
I hope this Sh1t stops soon

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

My dad on 10:41 - Apr 9 with 1166 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Deepest condolences Bosh. Like so many of us here, Rangers and Loftus Road are threads that run through my memories of my dad. Happy times and sad.

Hugely distressing not being able to see your dad in his last days. Covid is a horrible thing.

Remember the good stuff.
My dad on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 1122 viewsMancR

Bless your dad and your family.
Reading your tribute took me back to my old man passing.
Don't think the loss ever leaves you, but the love increases.
Take care
My dad on 11:04 - Apr 9 with 1115 viewsMickS_

So sorry to read of your loss bosh. RIP Paul.
My dad on 11:13 - Apr 9 with 1103 viewswestberksr

Bosh

so sorry for your loss & not being able to be with your father in person during these final days.

Your words ring true for so many of us that the club and the daft ritual of going to, chatting about & looking forward to the silly little escape that is QPR maintains a family bond; myself included.

my sincere condolences and best wishes to you and your family at this sad time.

RIP Paul xx
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 11:29]
My dad on 11:13 - Apr 9 with 1101 viewsDevon_4_England

Deepest condolences to you and your family Bosh.

Your Dad sounded like a top bloke. Take care mate
My dad on 11:28 - Apr 9 with 1071 viewsMoonshineSteve

Really sorry mate.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

My dad on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 1031 viewsHarbour

Beautiful tribute Bosh my sincere condolences to you and your family at this very sad time. Glad you got to speak to him at the end all best wishes
My dad on 12:34 - Apr 9 with 1027 viewsR_from_afar

So sorry to hear your news, Bosh. My condolences. That was a beautiful eulogy.

He will always be with you and you will feel his presence at the most unexpected moments. The gratitude that you express should stand you in good stead at this very difficult time. Take care, sir.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

My dad on 12:49 - Apr 9 with 1013 viewskingsburyR

My most sincere condolences to you and all your family Bosh.

Your line about your birthday brought a tear to my eye.

Hold on to those memories.

May he rest in peace.

KR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

My dad on 14:02 - Apr 9 with 973 viewsTHEBUSH

So sorry to hear of your Dads passing away, my condolences Bosh to you and your family, RIP.
My dad on 14:10 - Apr 9 with 967 viewsdaveB

Lovely tribute to your Dad Bosh, thoughts are with you at this terrible time.
Hope you are OK
My dad on 14:35 - Apr 9 with 950 viewsDiscodroids

Lovely words Bosh. I'm still being shredded by East Ham Dave leaving me on new years eve.

I hope your dad Paul is settling in by the light of his new sun watching Stan and Gerry run amok .

RIP
XX

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

My dad on 14:37 - Apr 9 with 949 viewstexasranger

That is a wonderful tribute Bosh, feelings that I can really appreciate. My dear old Dad passed away in 1994 having been a Ranger's fan since his boyhood in the 1920's. From the first season after WW2 he started taking me to home games and some away games that we could get to on his motor bike and sidecar. I know how sad you are feeling right now but you and I are lucky indeed to have such happy memories of time spent with a loving father.
My dad on 14:51 - Apr 9 with 929 viewsDubaiR

Sorry to hear that mate, thoughts with you and the family.
My dad on 15:14 - Apr 9 with 909 viewsstuabd

So sorry to hear that, Bosh. Typical of you to write such a lovely post at such a hard time. You are always the voice of reason on here. And like others have said it was always nice hearing your just backs including mentions of your dad.
My dad on 15:17 - Apr 9 with 904 viewsthompsonridd

Amazing tribute for what sounds like an amazing Dad.

Thoughts are with you buddy
My dad on 15:39 - Apr 9 with 879 viewsRBlock

So sorry to hear it Bosh. Sending my condolences. Can't begin to imagine how tough it is. Beautiful and relateable tribute to him.
My dad on 15:57 - Apr 9 with 860 viewsmarky67

so sorry to hear about your dad, may he rest in peace.
love to you and your family at this awful time.
My dad on 16:52 - Apr 9 with 822 viewsbosh67

Thank you all so much. I am moved to tears that this wonderful group of fans is with me and my family at this time.

A lovely friend, Joanne Connolly contacted Les Ferdinand about my dad.

I just had a really lovely call from Andy Sinton with condolences from the everyone at the club. What a lovely man and can't believe he took time out to speak to me today. He is absolutely QPR through and through. Deeply indebted to Joanne and Andy for doing that. Means a great deal and a little glimmer of light in the darkness. He must have been on the phone with me for a good 10+ minutes. Really lovely conversation about all sorts of things. Not just football. Also told me what he hopes for the club and that for him it is all about us fans. I told him he was doing an amazing job. What an amazing club we have.

Anyway, thought I would share that with you all and on behalf of me, my mum and of course my poor dad, thank you for your kind messages. Much love to you all and please keep safe and be well x

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad on 17:54 - Apr 9 with 767 viewsessextaxiboy

So sorry for your loss Bosh , i after a while get yourself over to a game ,you will feel better for it .I am sure your Dad would approve.

ETB
My dad on 18:12 - Apr 9 with 741 viewsNorthernr

Bosh, known you a long time remotely, probably one of the longest servers on here, published your column on here for many years, I know what it's like to lose your dad.

Just. No words. What can you say?

Love you, keep strong as best you can, and if you can't that's alright too - everybody here would gladly be on the end of a phone to you. Anything you need just DM me.

This post has been edited by an administrator
My dad on 18:25 - Apr 9 with 716 viewsdachiltern

Bosh, there are no right words to express some very tender feelings but your tribute is one amongst many that will be remembered.

Memories of Dad will stay with you forever.

My sincere condolences mate.

David.
My dad on 18:42 - Apr 9 with 693 viewsHantsR

Bosh I couldn't think of words to write when I read your post, it was quite sobering and it's taken me a while to collect my thoughts. It was both a moving eulogy and a stark reminder of the perilous times we're in at the moment. You need a big hug that us outsiders can't give you at the moment but be assured we all want to be there for you.

Many if not most of us on this board haven't met and don't really know each other, but there is a strong bond and we have come to form opinions of individual characters through their posts. You are one of the posters whom I appreciate the most and I hung on every word to this sensitive, personal post about your bereavement. I'm so sad for your sake but I hope that you are coming to terms with things by writing down your thoughts and sharing them with us all and counting your blessings of the wonderful life you've enjoyed with your Dad.

Thank you and stay safe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024