Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best individual Performances before and against 14:31 - Apr 14 with 3035 viewsAntti_Heinola

This is probably a better one - best individual performances you've seen for and against us.

For:
Lee Cook v Palace
Adel v Swansea
Barker v Liverpool
Ferdinand away at Newcastle
Freeman v Leeds
Sommer v Aston Villa
Onuoha v Spurs (man to man on Bale)
Austin v West Brom

Against:
Lua Lua for Colchester
Suarez for Liverpool (at LR, 0-3 to them)
Giggs for Man U (3-1 when he got the individual goal)

Ah, more difficult this as I couldn't give a fk about the oppo. Anyway.

Bare bones.

Best individual Performances before and against on 14:43 - Apr 14 with 2312 viewsMickS_

Andy Cole hatrick for Burnley at LR.
Best individual Performances before and against on 14:49 - Apr 14 with 2300 viewsDevon_4_England

Best individual Performances before and against on 14:43 - Apr 14 by MickS_

Andy Cole hatrick for Burnley at LR.

Bloody Shaun Wright Phillips in the Cup for City at Loftus Road was an annoyingly good performance.

Jon Stead every time he played us.

Les was superb v Everton on many occasions. Bannister v Chelsea. John Spencer v Barnsley.

I missed the Stan era but I’m sure many on here will recall matches he was unplayable at times
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 14:53]
Best individual Performances before and against on 15:13 - Apr 14 with 2267 viewsPBLOCK

Wouldn’t disagree with any of the performance Antti mentions but two that stick in the memory

Mark Kennedy V Middlesbrough at home 5-0 win. Brilliant performance in what was a total shock against a side gunning for promotion

Marc Bircham v Swindon. Penultimate game of the promotion season we won 1-0 and Bircham put in his best ever performance ran himself into the ground and just seemed to do the work of 2/3 players
Best individual Performances before and against on 15:18 - Apr 14 with 2261 viewsMaggsinho

Jerome Thomas on his debut for us, against whoever that was.

Andy Cole for Burnley was my first thought too, he barely moved a few yards and still got a hat trick.
Best individual Performances before and against on 15:21 - Apr 14 with 2253 viewsterryb

The best would have been Rodney away to Charlton in the FA Cup 4th round 1970.

We were two down & being slaughtered for 30 minutes. but then Rodney started playing! He scored twice before half time & then presented Frank Clarke with an open goal for the winner. The Rodney chant came from all parts of The Valley & It was as if the home fans joined us in acclaiming the maestro! (The ground held over 70,000 at the time & looked empty even though there was over 30,000 present).

An honourable mention for Chris Day away to Blackpool in the 1-0 win in 2004.

Against us I go for two that you did:-

Lua Luia for Colchester, but mine was in the first leg at Colchester! We won 1-0 but derserved to lose by at least eight!

Suarez in the same game, but he was bloody good in our 3-2 win as well!
Best individual Performances before and against on 15:25 - Apr 14 with 2245 viewsdaveB

Lee Camp v Tranmere in 03/04, saved a penalty and basically had a stormer that night, played a massive part in us going up

Paul Parker v Everton in 87, won everything against in the air against first Graeme Sharp and then another giant forward, incredible performance

Danny Maddix v Ian Rush, can't remember the season but didn't give him a kick, was always superb when given those man to man roles

Adel v Chelsea in the 1-0 away win

Against
In 87 when we were top of the league we went to Anfield and lost 4-0, John Barnes and Ronnie Whelan were absolutely superb for them

Also a 2-1 home defeat to Newcastle around 94, Peter Beardsley was sensational that day
Best individual Performances before and against on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 2229 viewskingo

For: Numerous by Stan. Les and then Bradley Allen v Everton, Dennis Bailey v MU, Stainrod at Newcastle in 82 and Wilkins and Reid v Palace away in the 80s.
Agsinst; Peter Taylor for Orient and Andy Johnson for FFC. Also Andy Cole when he was taunted.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Best individual Performances before and against on 15:54 - Apr 14 with 2205 viewsStanisgod

Stan & Gerry v Liverpool 76
Clint Hill v Derby
Macca v Man U
Adel at the Scum.

Hoddle in the Clive Allen hat trick game.
I swear the bloke put backspin on the ball
with the plastic pitch.
Rooney in the 0-2 different class.
The Cardiff chipmunk hat trick.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Best individual Performances before and against on 16:08 - Apr 14 with 2179 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For

Dave B mentioned two
Parker v Graeme Sharp in 87 - PP outjumping Sharp time and time again
Adel v Chelsea 1-0 at theirs - masterclass
I'd add
Les in the 5-3 win at Everton
Clive Wilson in the 3-0 win there later that year, Allen got the hat-trick, Wilkins got MOTM but Wilson was unreal!

Against

Barnes - the 4-0 loss at Anfield
Batty - a 1-0 loss at HQ in early 96, I think. Didn't give the ball away once.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best individual Performances before and against on 16:30 - Apr 14 with 2157 viewsloftboy

Wegerle home to Luton in the 6-1 stands out. Most of Adels game in 2010/11 Bannister T home to Chelsea on numerous occasions.
Hoddle and Waddle when spurs beat us 5-2 at home in 86
Alec Chamberlain in goal for Luton in a 0-0 a year before the 6-1. Some of his saves were world class.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best individual Performances before and against on 17:28 - Apr 14 with 2122 viewsDevon_4_England

Best individual Performances before and against on 15:18 - Apr 14 by Maggsinho

Jerome Thomas on his debut for us, against whoever that was.

Andy Cole for Burnley was my first thought too, he barely moved a few yards and still got a hat trick.

Was that Tranmere away when Jerome Thomas made his debut? Great weekend in Liverpool and we won 3 - 2 with a late goal
Best individual Performances before and against on 19:28 - Apr 14 with 2061 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry slightly off tangent, best goal against was Nicky Maynard’s

Best individual Performances before and against on 19:35 - Apr 14 with 2055 viewsdistortR

one performance that springs to mind is Roy Wegerle in a 3-1 home loss to Arsenal. We scraped together a team due to an injury crisis, Wegerle took the game by the scruff of the neck and ran them ragged for 60 minutes, before they kicked him off the pitch.

I'll add Les Ferdinand in the win at Anfield, unplayable that day. And many.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:42]
Best individual Performances before and against on 19:49 - Apr 14 with 2030 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought that was Ted who went man to man with bale?
Best individual Performances before and against on 20:07 - Apr 14 with 1999 viewsLowerloftLad

Cerny away to Manchester United in the league cup

Bos at home to cardiff 6-1

Blackstock and lee cook at home to preston 1-0

Cesar had two stand out games away at arsenal and west ham

Rob green play off final

Suarez as already mentioned

Ross Barkley in the fa cup for Everton
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 20:09]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Best individual Performances before and against on 20:17 - Apr 14 with 1979 viewsqprd

just throwing out a random honourable mention:

Best individual Performances before and against on 20:26 - Apr 14 with 1946 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Best individual Performances before and against on 20:07 - Apr 14 by LowerloftLad

Cerny away to Manchester United in the league cup

Bos at home to cardiff 6-1

Blackstock and lee cook at home to preston 1-0

Cesar had two stand out games away at arsenal and west ham

Rob green play off final

Suarez as already mentioned

Ross Barkley in the fa cup for Everton
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 20:09]

Ross Barkley had a great 30 minutes against us in our win at Everton too! I was pished but began to sober up when I thought he’d nick a equaliser. He was only 16 or 17 I think.
Best individual Performances before and against on 20:31 - Apr 14 with 1936 viewspaulparker

Best
Adel - Coventry 10/11
Adel - Fulham 2012
Cook - Preston 08
Parker - Everton 87
Parker - West Ham 87
Bannister - Chelsea 87
Wegerle - Luton 91
Bailey - Man Utd 92
Wilkins - spurs 92
Sinton - Everton 92
Ferdinand - Forest 93
Wilkins - palace 1990
Falco - Sunderland 90
Adel - Cardiff 2011
Palmer - Crewe 03
Sinclair - Newcastle 95
Sinclair - Man City 96

Against

Shearer, le tiss , Wallace - Southampton 1989
Le Tiss - Southampton 95
Cottee - West Ham 86
Houghton oxford 86
Barnes - Liverpool 87
Lineker - spurs 89

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best individual Performances before and against on 21:04 - Apr 14 with 1876 viewseccles

I thought Dunne was immense for us against Derby at wembley.
No? ok just me then!
Best individual Performances before and against on 21:08 - Apr 14 with 1872 viewscharmr

Jimmy Bullard for Peterborough at LR
Best individual Performances before and against on 21:38 - Apr 14 with 1841 viewsMrSheen

Best individual Performances before and against on 21:08 - Apr 14 by charmr

Jimmy Bullard for Peterborough at LR

Bullard was fantastic against us for Wigan too.

I brought a Palace-supporting friend to see us play them during the De Canio period. He told me to watch what Shaun Derry did. If I hadn’t, I would have been mystified as to why we were playing so poorly, particularly Akos, who had been on top form. Watching the game the other way around, I could see Derry always immediately close to the ball when we were in possession, breaking it up, giving it to a team mate and disappearing into the background while his own team had it. All night long, 3-1 to them. I think I was the only fan delighted when we signed him.
Best individual Performances before and against on 21:51 - Apr 14 with 1824 viewsBostonR

For:
Stan hat-trick at Derby (League Champions) in 5-1 win -1975.
Stan and Gerry v Liverpool in 2-0 win. 1975.
Stan and Gerry at Spurs in 3-0 win. 1976.
Stan v FC Cologne at LR 3-0- UEFA Cup. 1976
Gerry Francis at Aston Villa - 2-2 League Cup SF. 1977
Bob Hazel v WBA - FA Cup SF. 1982.
John Byrne v Chelsea - 6-0 . 1986
Roy Wegerle v Arsenal - 1990
Denis Bailey hat trick at Man Utd - 1992
Les Ferdinand hat trick at Everton - 1993.

Against:
Joe Waters - Leicester City -QF FA Cup. Never seen him again.
Brian Little - Aston Villa - League Cup SF hat-trick. 1977.
Jon Jo Shelvey - Newcastle 6-0. 2016.
Best individual Performances before and against on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 1814 viewsWEAREAWFUL

Adel taraabt. stamford bridge 2013 1-0 victory the boy was unplayable that night
Best individual Performances before and against on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 1809 viewsstevec

For;
Gerry Francis in a 1-1 draw at WBA, 1977 I think. One man show

Against;
Roy Keane for Forest in a 4-3 loss at LR I think. Another one man show.
Best individual Performances before and against on 22:19 - Apr 14 with 1798 viewsozexile

Best individual Performances before and against on 19:35 - Apr 14 by distortR

one performance that springs to mind is Roy Wegerle in a 3-1 home loss to Arsenal. We scraped together a team due to an injury crisis, Wegerle took the game by the scruff of the neck and ran them ragged for 60 minutes, before they kicked him off the pitch.

I'll add Les Ferdinand in the win at Anfield, unplayable that day. And many.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:42]

That was the game when Wegerle spun Adams 35 yards out and smacked it against the crossbar. If that had gone in it would have won goal of the season hands down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024