Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question 16:50 - Apr 14 with 2252 viewskarl

Since we don't have current decisions to worry about can you clarify this for me;
Penalty shootout after extra time. Penalty taken hits the post directly from kicker, rebounds clearly out from goal, strikes keeper on back of head and goes in goal.
Is it a goal?
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 17:34 - Apr 14 with 2217 viewsloftboy

Yes goal.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 17:59 - Apr 14 with 2204 viewskarl

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 17:34 - Apr 14 by loftboy

Yes goal.

Thanks Loftboy.
Happened against us versus Shetland this year, away so local referee.
I had a notion there was a ruling that 'once ball stopped travelling forward' it was dead. Fact it is an own goal too had me thinking. Did ask the question but never made much out of the situation as I didn't know or think it was fact.
It was all made worse by not getting a blatant handball when we were 1-0 up and comfortable, they equalised with last kick of the game with own goal!
1each after extra time and went to penalties for first time in 101 matches, normally cup retained by holders (us this time!). Just was an utterly sh1te end to the game!!

Edit. Was the final penalty too😢
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:02]
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 21:16 - Apr 14 with 2122 viewsdistortR

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 17:59 - Apr 14 by karl

Thanks Loftboy.
Happened against us versus Shetland this year, away so local referee.
I had a notion there was a ruling that 'once ball stopped travelling forward' it was dead. Fact it is an own goal too had me thinking. Did ask the question but never made much out of the situation as I didn't know or think it was fact.
It was all made worse by not getting a blatant handball when we were 1-0 up and comfortable, they equalised with last kick of the game with own goal!
1each after extra time and went to penalties for first time in 101 matches, normally cup retained by holders (us this time!). Just was an utterly sh1te end to the game!!

Edit. Was the final penalty too😢
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:02]

Main thing is, you're not bitter.
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 21:33 - Apr 14 with 2093 viewskarl

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 21:16 - Apr 14 by distortR

Main thing is, you're not bitter.

I've only brought myself round to talking about it now, 8 months later.
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 08:38 - Apr 15 with 2014 viewsTheChef

Maybe the rules have changed but I thought once the ball has stopped travelling forwards then the penalty is over?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 09:56 - Apr 15 with 1972 viewskarl

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 08:38 - Apr 15 by TheChef

Maybe the rules have changed but I thought once the ball has stopped travelling forwards then the penalty is over?

That was what was in my mind at the time Chef, wasn't convinced so didn't make too much of it
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 10:17 - Apr 15 with 1947 viewsterryb

This is no different to the pen that hit the underside of the bar, bounced outside the six yard box & then spun back into the net with the 'keeper running away celebrating!

A goal every time!
PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 13:41 - Apr 15 with 1878 viewsBoston

PinnerPaul or other referee, a question on 21:33 - Apr 14 by karl

I've only brought myself round to talking about it now, 8 months later.

The Samaritans, 0208.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024