Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry 10:19 - Apr 17 with 6297 viewsJeff

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/open-letter-to-fans-from-efl-chairman/

confirms a) we've no idea when football will be back and b) it'll be behind closed doors when it is and c) they'll try and stream all games live...
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 10:20]

Can we not knock it?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:23 - Apr 17 with 4795 viewsderbyhoop

Definitely sounds as if the initial games will be behind closed doors.

We need to find a way of getting access to watch the games with special consideration for current Season Ticket holders. Ideally they should be able to watch the games for free (as they've already paid) with casual supporters paying either on a match by match basis or as a package (all home games, all away games, all games).

It won't have the atmosphere but lockdown is in place until after the season would normally have finished. The prospect of letting large crowds (OK, small ones for us) into a stadium seems a long way off.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:24 - Apr 17 with 4789 viewsNorthernr

1 - I do wonder if we might be able to get to a point soon where it's taken as read that whoever is speaking or writing is very sorry about all the death and thinks the NHS is bloody wonderful and they can just get to the chuffing point of what they're saying. Death bad, doctors great, yeh, we know, now what do you want?

2 - BCD solves one problem and one problem only - we'll get the season finished. Other than that it will leave clubs having to retain a playing staff and pay their wages, pay out appearance fees and performance bonuses, pay for travel costs to get to games, pay for medical staff etc all without gate income. Further horrendousness for Lg 1 and 2 clubs.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:46 - Apr 17 with 4716 viewsstowmarketrange

From a purely selfish point of view I’d prefer the season to end now rather than watch games on tv played behind closed doors.Every game I’ve ever seen played like that has been as boring as hell.
Unless they put some artificial crowd noise in of course.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:47 - Apr 17 with 4704 viewsNorthernr

I guess a lot of this is about desperately trying to shovel some content Sky's way, in whatever form they can, so the TV deal doesn't go away.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:54 - Apr 17 with 4680 viewsted_hendrix

With all due respect to everybody who's interested or not interested I really couldn't give a flying f uck when football starts again.
There are thousands of people still dying on a daily basis around the World, families being ripped apart because of this deadly disease and as far as I know nobody but nobody has got a bloody clue when it will all end (if at all).
And to top it all off one of the first things I read this morning China has been lying about their death rates, well blow me down with a huge feather duster.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:58 - Apr 17 with 4665 viewsLblock

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:46 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

From a purely selfish point of view I’d prefer the season to end now rather than watch games on tv played behind closed doors.Every game I’ve ever seen played like that has been as boring as hell.

Artificial crowd noise? That's all a bit Escape to Victory isn't it???

Could be interesting though as to what selection they'd go for... I mean would Millwall opt for a backing tracking with the "Mill" on loop for say 76 minutes and drop in some random effects of racist abuse, "you're kin dead you schlag" and have stewards behind the goal to pelt the visiting keeper with 2 pence coins?

It'll be dead, sterile and soulless.... like Griffin Park... but it'll be a welcome distraction in these current times.
My fear is opening up Saturday 3:00pm to the PPV market in future but the least of our concerns in these current times.

I cannot see any gatherings of people in enclosed spaces until a vaccine has been found; that is a gut wrenching reality

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:05 - Apr 17 with 4644 viewsjoe90

I'm not bothered about the remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors or the season being concluded.

The most pressing issue concerning football is stopping clubs going bust, without them there is no football!
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:06 - Apr 17 with 4635 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:05 - Apr 17 by joe90

I'm not bothered about the remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors or the season being concluded.

The most pressing issue concerning football is stopping clubs going bust, without them there is no football!

Exactly. If they think this will help - by bringing in some revenue from streaming, by keeping the sky deal going etc, than do whatever it takes. But if this risks exacerbating the situation just so Leeds can finally have their precious promotion then fck that right in the bum.
Login to get fewer ads

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:09 - Apr 17 with 4620 viewswood_hoop

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:06 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Exactly. If they think this will help - by bringing in some revenue from streaming, by keeping the sky deal going etc, than do whatever it takes. But if this risks exacerbating the situation just so Leeds can finally have their precious promotion then fck that right in the bum.

Might be behind closed doors but no surprise to see quite a few still turn up and stand outside despite the lock down.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:12 - Apr 17 with 4609 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:09 - Apr 17 by wood_hoop

Might be behind closed doors but no surprise to see quite a few still turn up and stand outside despite the lock down.

Looking at Westminster Bridge last night, maybe if we tell them we're here to clap for the NHS we can all come in and do whatever the fck we please.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:26 - Apr 17 with 4549 viewsMedwayR

I haven't given it too much thought but surely it's better to write off next seasons league fixtures, extend the TV deal by a year and spread the payments with the latter years taking a bigger hit allowing clubs to adjust financially over time.

That would give time to finish this season properly including all competitions preferably before Christmas, play the Euro Championships after Christmas rather than cramming them in a year before a World Cup, then after the Euros maybe play next seasons cup competitions.

Maybe out-of-contract contracts plus loans get automatically extended to Christmas to avoid complications in being cup-tied...

Poll: Who’s better?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:50 - Apr 17 with 4483 viewspaulparker

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:26 - Apr 17 by MedwayR

I haven't given it too much thought but surely it's better to write off next seasons league fixtures, extend the TV deal by a year and spread the payments with the latter years taking a bigger hit allowing clubs to adjust financially over time.

That would give time to finish this season properly including all competitions preferably before Christmas, play the Euro Championships after Christmas rather than cramming them in a year before a World Cup, then after the Euros maybe play next seasons cup competitions.

Maybe out-of-contract contracts plus loans get automatically extended to Christmas to avoid complications in being cup-tied...

no way will you be able to finish this season and then go into a full season in August , they would be better off waiting until June/july and re starting again september/october then Next season just have 1 round of league games instead of Home & Away format , all cup games settled on the day , champions league /Europa league straight knockout that way you get it all done by the time the Euros come around

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 4398 viewsStanisgod

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 11:12 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Looking at Westminster Bridge last night, maybe if we tell them we're here to clap for the NHS we can all come in and do whatever the fck we please.

F#ck me, someone got out the wrong side this morning

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 13:12 - Apr 17 with 4361 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 12:55 - Apr 17 by Stanisgod

F#ck me, someone got out the wrong side this morning

Not wrong though am I? Fcking ridiculous.

(You're not wrong either btw, had a bad couple of days, can't believe I got riled up about fcking fruit pickers yesterday )
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 13:35 - Apr 17 with 4299 viewsdaveB

What will be needed for this is for everyone to come together, games being on Sky for all EFL games allows some fans to watch it but means refunds for ST holders and no matchday revenue which defeats the object. Sky will want live games but they also want a product to show beyond this season.

Ideal scenario for me would be for ST holders to get a special code so they can log into Sky Go and see their teams games live. If you already have Sky just watch it on the main channel rather than the stream. Games could be spread across the weekend, not as if we are going anywhere.

You could then sell as a pay per view tickets for each match with the money split 70/30 to the clubs. I doubt Sky would agree to that but as I say they won't want clubs going bust and a lesser product in future years plus Sky are desperate to be known as a force for good, I use to work there and thats all they go on about.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:11 - Apr 17 with 4234 viewsNorthantsHoop

I just don't think we can even consider the season starting again until it is 100% safe to do so. Football is a contact sport, how can 22 players distance themselves from each other, even behind closed doors.The virus must be overcome significantly before football resumes again. The battle for the future of football is below Premiership level so that towns and cities have a football club to support, once we get through these dark days. At the moment there is too much dancing around by the football elite, they need to get real, if the PFA, football authorities, wealthy clubs, their players and TV companies don't agree significant wage cuts, more clubs will go bust, more jobs lost and the fabric of football in the lower leagues damaged beyond measure.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:16 - Apr 17 with 4219 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:11 - Apr 17 by NorthantsHoop

I just don't think we can even consider the season starting again until it is 100% safe to do so. Football is a contact sport, how can 22 players distance themselves from each other, even behind closed doors.The virus must be overcome significantly before football resumes again. The battle for the future of football is below Premiership level so that towns and cities have a football club to support, once we get through these dark days. At the moment there is too much dancing around by the football elite, they need to get real, if the PFA, football authorities, wealthy clubs, their players and TV companies don't agree significant wage cuts, more clubs will go bust, more jobs lost and the fabric of football in the lower leagues damaged beyond measure.

I said that at the start - BCD sort of assumes that footballers are super human and won't get it. What happens if we play a couple of games, then Bright, Eze, Hall come down with it. Number one, I don't think we should be made to play games without them, and number two, presumably everybody that played with them the week before now can't play for two weeks, so our games are off again.

I just don't see how it works. Smacks of desperation, which is why I think the sky deal has something to do with it.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:22 - Apr 17 with 4191 viewsRangersDave

the league positions should all be nullified and struck from the books forthwith.

No relegation, no promotion sorted.

Start next season with those that had FFP fines keeping them, and with Lids in the Championship.
Liverpool wont win the league, and the bonus us we wont hear about their win for another 30 years.

And give it as long as it takes for sky to go tits up, and that will automatically cause financial problems for those overpaid luvvys in the Prem, and maybe give the prem some humility.

It will also give time for football to equalise, to come to a financial understanding that we are all in this together.

No club should be allowed crowds of over 35,000, and tickets must not cost more than £25.00

Money gets passed down the leagues so the one at the very bottom gets more, the next position up gets slightly less etc

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:25 - Apr 17 with 4185 viewsloftus77

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:16 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I said that at the start - BCD sort of assumes that footballers are super human and won't get it. What happens if we play a couple of games, then Bright, Eze, Hall come down with it. Number one, I don't think we should be made to play games without them, and number two, presumably everybody that played with them the week before now can't play for two weeks, so our games are off again.

I just don't see how it works. Smacks of desperation, which is why I think the sky deal has something to do with it.

I think the key here would be that footballers and all present at the empty grounds (medical staff, media crews etc)), would have to be classed as critical workers and therefore tested. That could be a lot of people so a nationwide reliable testing regime (incl. antibody, blood etc) would have to be widespread by then. The key to a BCD remainder of the season (which I support) would have to be testing.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 14:28]
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:30 - Apr 17 with 4167 viewsNorthantsHoop

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:16 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Agree totally, events have unfolded which are beyond the control of the football elite. I just hope, probably unrealistically, once we get through this horrible virus that the game comes back down to earth. But that is probably a hope too far.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 4160 viewstraininvain

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (if not already aware!) but I can’t see crowds being allowed to attend football matches and other major events until we have a vaccine or some form of widespread effective treatment.

Even if the virus subsides over the coming months, we’re still going to be living in fear of it all kicking off again in autumn / winter. I just can’t see a scenario whereby tens of thousands of people can attend a football match until 2021 at the earliest, assuming a vaccine or treatment is found.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things with thousands of people still dying every day from this bastard virus.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:43 - Apr 17 with 4119 viewsMatch82

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 10:46 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

Oh I don't know, the behind closed doors game against China was interesting (not that we got to see it live)
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 4108 viewsNorthernr

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:31 - Apr 17 by traininvain

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (if not already aware!) but I can’t see crowds being allowed to attend football matches and other major events until we have a vaccine or some form of widespread effective treatment.

Even if the virus subsides over the coming months, we’re still going to be living in fear of it all kicking off again in autumn / winter. I just can’t see a scenario whereby tens of thousands of people can attend a football match until 2021 at the earliest, assuming a vaccine or treatment is found.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things with thousands of people still dying every day from this bastard virus.

Yeh I read something similar in the times yesterday./ Think that's what set me off on my DAY OF RAGE.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:46 - Apr 17 with 4102 viewsMatch82

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:22 - Apr 17 by RangersDave

the league positions should all be nullified and struck from the books forthwith.

No relegation, no promotion sorted.

Start next season with those that had FFP fines keeping them, and with Lids in the Championship.
Liverpool wont win the league, and the bonus us we wont hear about their win for another 30 years.

And give it as long as it takes for sky to go tits up, and that will automatically cause financial problems for those overpaid luvvys in the Prem, and maybe give the prem some humility.

It will also give time for football to equalise, to come to a financial understanding that we are all in this together.

No club should be allowed crowds of over 35,000, and tickets must not cost more than £25.00

Money gets passed down the leagues so the one at the very bottom gets more, the next position up gets slightly less etc

The idea of limiting attendance is unlikely to happen but potentially a REALLY interesting idea from the perspective of getting fans to flow more into lower division grounds.
Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:46 - Apr 17 with 4094 viewsTheChef

Open Letter from EFL Chairman Rick Parry on 14:31 - Apr 17 by traininvain

Don't worry, some other virus will just turn up which means more lockdown/we need another vaccine/etc.

Rinse and repeat until the global economy completely collapses and everyone goes mad/dies/is fully enslaved to the totalitarian New World Order and martial law.

1984 here we come - Happy Friday everyone!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024