Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? 15:09 - Apr 21 with 1836 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sorry, this might have been picked up in the other thread, but I haven’t gone through all five pages!
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 15:26 - Apr 21 with 1820 viewsSonofNorfolt

He was actually a decent player, just not for us. Played well at Anfield when Wilkins decided not to pick himself.
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 15:27 - Apr 21 with 1816 viewsted_hendrix

He came on at the Dell too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 15:29 - Apr 21 with 1817 viewsMrSheen

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 15:26 - Apr 21 by SonofNorfolt

He was actually a decent player, just not for us. Played well at Anfield when Wilkins decided not to pick himself.

Bundesliga winner with Dortmund.
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 15:40 - Apr 21 with 1799 viewsDannyPaddox

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1761 viewsHantsR

Very disappointing when I saw him. Shame as he appeared to be a star signing, just not our lucky star though 😥
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:16 - Apr 21 with 1724 viewsQPRSteve

He was supposedly homesick. F me, we are only a couple of miles if that from Earls Bloody Court.

I believe we lost about half a million in the transfer deals to and from Germany.
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:19 - Apr 21 with 1719 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m sure I saw him play for us on a pissy night at Goodison Park.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 1713 viewsCiderwithRsie

I had this terrace chant up my sleeve, to the tune of Men At Work's "Down Under"

"Can you hear that distant thunder?
It's Ned Zelic, he's from down under."

Never used. I'll never forgive him.
Login to get fewer ads

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 20:20 - Apr 21 with 1613 viewsozranger

Used to watch him in his younger years in Canberra. Was quite a player as a sweeper (that's for the oldies). He is most famous for the goal he scored late against Holland in an Olympic Qualifier.

It was a pity that he didn't get anywhere. Also, saw him play for 1860 Munich in the late 90s. According to Wiki, he made 4 appearances for us.
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 1566 viewsthame_hoops

He was on the podcast a while back and comes across as a really good guy. I think he said he forgoe wages to leave as he felt so bad, or something
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 22:53 - Apr 21 with 1547 viewsLblock

Saw him down at The Dell.... thought he was terrible.

Classic to have an Ozzie homesick on the edge of Earls Court and also blame those damn rock hard pitches in England.

Next...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 16:18 - Apr 22 with 1462 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wasn't homesickness was it? He thought he'd been sold a pup. Signed for what he thought was a big London club like Arsenal, turned up to see our tiny ground and rubbish training facilities, was a bit annoyed and bggered off to Germany where he had a great career? Also something about hard pitches and knees.

Bare bones.

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 1431 viewsTGRRRSSS

What about Nick Ward - signed in a blaze of glory from..... Perth Glory - one from Paladini I think.

NO idea what happened to him, think he went back to Aus to play for Melbourne team...
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 10:56 - Apr 23 with 1362 viewsrsonist

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:56 - Apr 22 by TGRRRSSS

What about Nick Ward - signed in a blaze of glory from..... Perth Glory - one from Paladini I think.

NO idea what happened to him, think he went back to Aus to play for Melbourne team...

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=nick+ward+footballer+qpr
Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 11:19 - Apr 23 with 1350 viewsRs_Holy

Ned Zelic: was he Australian? Did he actually play for us? on 17:56 - Apr 22 by TGRRRSSS

I thought he looked an okay player? .. a little lightweight maybe and not the quickest but okay in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024