Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43554 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 14:24 - May 6 with 2139 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren Farm not happening on 12:53 - May 6 by paulparker

Everything about the Tony Fernades & Tune group tenure has been a disaster, everything about them is bullsh1t and lies , this was never going to happen from the get go
Serious question do you think Daniel levy at spurs would have been waiting 7/8 years for this ? Or any other decent owner come to that
Everybody can be as pleased as punch about this , that’s their look out but at the end of the day we have wasted 7/8 years on building something , left behind on new stadiums and the like to clubs like Brentford , Watford, Bournemouth etc we even had 2 premier league spells to show and are now even further behind than when we first started without a pot to p1ss in
These are the worst owners we have ever had bar paladini they have no track record of success and yet we are all supposed to be delighted that we are moving on to new ventures
I don’t believe we will own our own training ground and I don’t believe the LCS will ever happen either

i don't and can't really defend our owners, but as others have pointed out, it took 20 years for Levy to get the stadium sorted - he was after the Olympic stadium for not an incomparable time as we were after Warren Farm - or did you forget?
Watford's stadium is a mess and has been for years, it's taken Brentford years and some pretty exceptional ownership by any measure to get their new place.
The funny thing is, not one person on here even thought about training facilities until our owners brought it up. Yes, they're vital, yes I hope we sort it properly soon. But I also know that Hoos was responsible for doing the job at Burnley (where it is hugely easier to find land) and I think, eventually, he'll pull it off here too.
I don't think anyone's 'deligted' and I don't think the club have told us they are delighted or we should be delighted. If you'd stop projecting all the time, you might actually notice that. And maybe seek some anger management classes paul, because I really worry about you sometimes.

Bare bones.

Warren Farm not happening on 14:26 - May 6 with 2132 viewsjohncharles

Warren Farm not happening on 10:41 - May 6 by actonman

I can’t fking wait for the day I drive down that road past 2000 identikit new build homes .

And if the developer had any sort of sense of humour, they will name the roads bowles Lane, marsh drive and such like

Mmwaaaaahh

Complete with a Wickes, B&Q and an ALDI

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren Farm not happening on 14:29 - May 6 with 2102 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

As far as I am concerned this is the worst news the club have dumped on us for a long time.

At a time when Covid-19 is chomping away at the foundations of professional sport and our owners assets are disappearing before their very eyes do I believe they are intending to buy another site?

They may have an option to buy one. There may even be a non-disclosure agreement which conveniently stops further questions. But will they go ahead?

How gullible are you?
Warren Farm not happening on 14:33 - May 6 with 2076 viewsTheChef

Bottom line at the end of all this, as long as we still have a football club to support and they still have training facilities to use then I think we should all be very grateful.

After that point, then the situation can be reviewed and see if a new training ground is still viable or affordable.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warren Farm not happening on 14:39 - May 6 with 2049 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 14:24 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

i don't and can't really defend our owners, but as others have pointed out, it took 20 years for Levy to get the stadium sorted - he was after the Olympic stadium for not an incomparable time as we were after Warren Farm - or did you forget?
Watford's stadium is a mess and has been for years, it's taken Brentford years and some pretty exceptional ownership by any measure to get their new place.
The funny thing is, not one person on here even thought about training facilities until our owners brought it up. Yes, they're vital, yes I hope we sort it properly soon. But I also know that Hoos was responsible for doing the job at Burnley (where it is hugely easier to find land) and I think, eventually, he'll pull it off here too.
I don't think anyone's 'deligted' and I don't think the club have told us they are delighted or we should be delighted. If you'd stop projecting all the time, you might actually notice that. And maybe seek some anger management classes paul, because I really worry about you sometimes.

I’m not angry about it , in fact it’s a mere shrug of the shoulders from me as I knew from day one this wouldn’t happen , like OOC and LCS , it’s a fantasy world from a fantasy obsessed board
This rsonist poster calling people kunts for having the temerity to question said useless board is what has given me the hump

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 14:40 - May 6 with 2043 viewsderbyhoop

Warren Farm not happening on 12:33 - May 6 by rsonist

Is or is it not the case that the delaying and failure of this project is wholly down to the prolonged legal opposition against it.

Simple question. No moving goalposts, no giving it large and vague about Tune Group in general and then quiet as church mice when facts to the contrary come out, is it or is it not the case wrt to this specific issue.

Can talk about other promises broken in other threads pertinent.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:34]

Sounds about right.

Endless delays caused by protest groups have finally worn down the patience to do this.
In some places they would be known as vexatious litigants.
I hope they are satisfied.

Good luck with developing a community facility. Ealing Council didn't have a pot to pee in. And that was before the Covid-19 crisis. I can't see how QPR can afford to offer anything more than moral support..
In 10 years time, it will either be wasteland, a housing development or an industrial estate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Warren Farm not happening on 14:44 - May 6 with 2016 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 14:39 - May 6 by paulparker

I’m not angry about it , in fact it’s a mere shrug of the shoulders from me as I knew from day one this wouldn’t happen , like OOC and LCS , it’s a fantasy world from a fantasy obsessed board
This rsonist poster calling people kunts for having the temerity to question said useless board is what has given me the hump

Gonna answer the question then?

The topic is the WF and the reasons for its failure. If you and your like want to present yourselves as holding the board accountable I suggest you stick to the facts of the matter.
Warren Farm not happening on 14:45 - May 6 with 2023 viewsJuzzie

Couldn't be bothered to wade through 5 pages of people sniping at each other as to who was right and who wasn't.

Never ends, does it. Whenever there's a situation with two sides there's always going to be sniping whatever the outcome. The outcome just determines the polarity of the sniping.
Can't believe there are people already criticising the putting together of the Nightingale hospital because they're not being used as much as though (thank fkin' God) and it's a waste of tax payers money.
Same people would moan if the Nightingale hospitals weren't put up and there were bodies in the streets.

People just gotta moan.

In regards to Warren Farm, I'm disappointed but not surprised. Has just been going on too long. I reckon the club have seen this a while ago and started looking at other sites.
Time to bail out before it takes even longer and wastes more money.

As for Warren Farm's future, couldn't give a fck. If others want to wind themselves up about SWF, just don't give them the attention they want. It's gone now as far as QPR are concerned, let's move on.

[Post edited 6 May 2020 14:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 15:06 - May 6 with 1933 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - May 6 by Russian__Bot

Not sure why your so wound up about this mate. Firstly your gripes on the football side, maybe it's time you moved on from past legitimate grievances

When watching Manning curl one in the top corner and then Chair play BOS away to slide in Eze for a classy winner with 10 men away at Preston before this all started I personally was feeling that this was a club learning from the past errors and on the right path. Not sure why you felt differently

And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club.

The bigger plus in all this, is that it alleviates my concerns that the owners might be tempted to walk away and focus on their core businesses as the world economy crumbles

Cheer up fella!!

"And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club. "

But that's based on the assumption that Lee Hoos is telling the truth and the club are indeed in discussions on an alternative site. And even if they are, will it materialise into anything tangible? As Paul has rightly pointed out, the owners have form for talking a good game but not delivering. Having won the Supreme Court appeal in 2018, WF was there for the taking but the club chose not to act. Meanwhile, others like Brentford and Charlton, have just got on with it. This does not sound like owners who are serious about delivering the infrastructure the club needs.
Warren Farm not happening on 15:10 - May 6 with 1916 viewsLblock

Warren Farm not happening on 12:03 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You have to think of the hat/s saved from being eaten as no doubt moldy by now.

*like their owners*
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:04]

Thanks for your message... no doubt aimed at me.

At least this thread can be a distraction for you for about 5 minutes.

Are you keeping a close eye on the toll of mouldy hats?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 15:16 - May 6 with 1902 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 14:29 - May 6 by Spaghetti_Hoops

As far as I am concerned this is the worst news the club have dumped on us for a long time.

At a time when Covid-19 is chomping away at the foundations of professional sport and our owners assets are disappearing before their very eyes do I believe they are intending to buy another site?

They may have an option to buy one. There may even be a non-disclosure agreement which conveniently stops further questions. But will they go ahead?

How gullible are you?

I thought I was the miserable one?
Warren Farm not happening on 15:18 - May 6 with 1896 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - May 6 by Russian__Bot

Not sure why your so wound up about this mate. Firstly your gripes on the football side, maybe it's time you moved on from past legitimate grievances

When watching Manning curl one in the top corner and then Chair play BOS away to slide in Eze for a classy winner with 10 men away at Preston before this all started I personally was feeling that this was a club learning from the past errors and on the right path. Not sure why you felt differently

And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club.

The bigger plus in all this, is that it alleviates my concerns that the owners might be tempted to walk away and focus on their core businesses as the world economy crumbles

Cheer up fella!!

Actions speaks louder than words , this board promises everything and never delivers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 15:19 - May 6 with 1894 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, some very fair points, but I stand by my earlier simple point which was, I believe, self-explanatory.

As you say, and as Clive wisely said earlier, our financial future dealings are unclear to us at this point.

Take it easy.

No ones future financial dealings are clear now; that's not wisdom it's just stating the bleeding obvious. What is clear is history and the current owners have a terrible track record. This latest failure simply can't be shrugged off; serious questions need to be asked at the next fans forum.
Warren Farm not happening on 15:24 - May 6 with 1871 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 15:19 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

No ones future financial dealings are clear now; that's not wisdom it's just stating the bleeding obvious. What is clear is history and the current owners have a terrible track record. This latest failure simply can't be shrugged off; serious questions need to be asked at the next fans forum.

100% this

Warren Farm not happening on 15:31 - May 6 with 1836 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 15:06 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

"And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club. "

But that's based on the assumption that Lee Hoos is telling the truth and the club are indeed in discussions on an alternative site. And even if they are, will it materialise into anything tangible? As Paul has rightly pointed out, the owners have form for talking a good game but not delivering. Having won the Supreme Court appeal in 2018, WF was there for the taking but the club chose not to act. Meanwhile, others like Brentford and Charlton, have just got on with it. This does not sound like owners who are serious about delivering the infrastructure the club needs.

The "sensible poster logical reasoning" that because things have gone wrong in the past we should nay have a duty to assume that a) Hoos is in fact lying b) the board have finally pounced on the opportunity to walk away from an open goal case, as they had intended all along having successfully spent eight years of time and money constructing this fiendishly elaborate ruse merely to string us along.

Imbecile conspiracy crackpot horsesh1te.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:31]
Warren Farm not happening on 15:32 - May 6 with 1816 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 15:10 - May 6 by Lblock

Thanks for your message... no doubt aimed at me.

At least this thread can be a distraction for you for about 5 minutes.

Are you keeping a close eye on the toll of mouldy hats?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 15:33 - May 6 with 1813 viewsqprxtc

I don’t think, in all my years supporting Rangers, I ever really knew where the training ground(s) were or gave a sh1t. It never concerned me, it was all I could do turning up at Loftus Road.

A shame it didn’t happen, I suppose. Another one is in the works though. Fine by me. I hope those Brentford fans have spent their money fighting this wisely.

A new stadium across the road from The Pav though? Now you’re pouring my kind of stout.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:34]
Warren Farm not happening on 15:36 - May 6 with 1804 viewskingo

In all this ranting and sniping, not many have considered that perhaps the club have GOOD reasons for making this announcement and perhaps the outcome will be beneficial to the club. Let’s just wait for the next announcement and perhaps we might be happy.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm not happening on 15:37 - May 6 with 1799 viewsQpr207

Weirdly I was down there this morning and found out the news from one of the save warren farm people( I was wearing a qpr shirt and she didn't recognise it, which I thought was strange).Anyway after talking to her it seems that it was kind of the council that stitched us up. They were lying to us about the wildlife there, it's got shit loads of rare stuff apparently but the council was trying to cover it up. It's a wildlife preserve now, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it turned into flats for chinese billionaires and brentford fans.
Holumi, you dun no
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:39]
Warren Farm not happening on 15:39 - May 6 with 1791 viewskensalriser

I think I finally realised at the beginning of the year WF wasn't going to happen, based on the simple observation that for the best part of a year the delay appeared to be at our end. Perhaps another site had long been identified and it's only now that they believe an agreement will be reached.

Hey ho. When we finally move past Covid I'll be happy enough just to have a football club to support and games to watch and that the club isn't owned by, for example, the House of Saud.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:41]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warren Farm not happening on 15:45 - May 6 with 1764 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warren Farm not happening on 14:33 - May 6 by TheChef

Bottom line at the end of all this, as long as we still have a football club to support and they still have training facilities to use then I think we should all be very grateful.

After that point, then the situation can be reviewed and see if a new training ground is still viable or affordable.

Pretty much how I feel, as long as the club can survive in the Covid 19 crisis and maintain it's current infrastructure that will be a result. No one knows what the future holds, other than things will change and what the new normal will be like for football or life in general, when the virus can be managed for all our safety.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:48]
Warren Farm not happening on 15:46 - May 6 with 1743 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 15:37 - May 6 by Qpr207

Weirdly I was down there this morning and found out the news from one of the save warren farm people( I was wearing a qpr shirt and she didn't recognise it, which I thought was strange).Anyway after talking to her it seems that it was kind of the council that stitched us up. They were lying to us about the wildlife there, it's got shit loads of rare stuff apparently but the council was trying to cover it up. It's a wildlife preserve now, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it turned into flats for chinese billionaires and brentford fans.
Holumi, you dun no
[Post edited 6 May 2020 15:39]

Probably Carole Baskin

Lions and Tigers too

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 15:48 - May 6 with 1742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And I'm not arguing with you, Benny.

I've already posted that my statement was self-explanatory.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm not happening on 15:51 - May 6 with 1728 viewsQPR_Jim

Finances are going to be hit across the board though, that includes the funds in our owners pockets and presumably the funds of the people we're trying to buy the site from. So I don't think it changes much, borrowing is cheap though.

The board have successfully cut the playing budget whilst maintaining our league position and changed the club back to one that puts an emphasis on developing players. Those are both successes in my book. Our current chairman was very successful last time he was in charge. I would also add that OOC and WF were started under Philip Beards watch and most of the mistakes date back to those times. So I'll give Hoos the benefit of the doubt on this one as I have no reason not to.

If we are to assume that there is another site then it could be very positive decision to look to this other site. You can only take decisions in the moment and currently to continue with WF we'd have another legal battle and delay then the site preparation, which was due to take almost a year before we could even start on developing the site. Second option appears to be taking control of one of the grounds we already use, owning it and being able to improve/develop that as and when we need to.

None of us know the facts but walking away may actually be a sign of strong leadership. I imagine if this was down to TF he would battle on with WF for the sake of completing it, even if it takes longer and is worse than option than this opportunity which has just come up. Just a thought.
Warren Farm not happening on 16:07 - May 6 with 1682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 15:36 - May 6 by kingo

In all this ranting and sniping, not many have considered that perhaps the club have GOOD reasons for making this announcement and perhaps the outcome will be beneficial to the club. Let’s just wait for the next announcement and perhaps we might be happy.

Agreed. Clive and others have made similar comments and I think that you're all correct to wait. We'll know more soon, hopefully.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024