Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 42759 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 09:53 - May 6 with 7475 viewsterryb

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-training-ground-at-warren-farm-for-qpr-as

It would look like THE HAT is safe!
Warren Farm not happening on 09:56 - May 6 with 7470 viewsfrancisbowles

Possible new site identified?

Bloody annoying that those nimbys will claim a victory. Hope they get low cost housing built on it.
Warren Farm not happening on 10:05 - May 6 with 7418 viewsLythamR

OMG this is UNBELIEVABLE! - not
Warren Farm not happening on 10:05 - May 6 with 7417 viewsGloucs_R

New stadium
New training ground
Premiership football

Owners have always been full of sh!t

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Warren Farm not happening on 10:07 - May 6 with 7403 viewsBakes

Club statement

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/community-sports-facilities-commitment-for-

“EALING Council has released the following statement regarding the future of Warren Farm:

Ealing Council has today (Wednesday 6th May 2020) announced that it will push ahead with plans for community sports facilities at Warren Farm following Queens Park Rangers Football Club’s confirmation that it is pursuing an alternative site for its training ground.
The EFL Championship club says it remains fully committed to working with the council to ensure the borough’s young people don’t miss out on community sports facilities and activities at the site.

QPR have invested considerable time and financial resources into Warren Farm but have had to change its approach after an alternative site became available to buy earlier this year.
Given that the proposed scheme with QPR at Warren Farm isn’t now progressing, the council is looking to withdraw from the latest Judicial Review proceedings.
The council has already successfully defended previous legal challenges and but for QPR’s change of plans would have continued to defend the proceedings.

Councillor Julian Bell, leader of Ealing Council said: “Warren Farm has always been a playing field and our ambition to develop first class sporting facilities for the borough’s young people remains unchanged. We will be looking at how this can be funded once the Covid-19 emergency is over.
“Giving people access to sport and setting good exercise habits will keep people heathier and take the pressure off our NHS in the long run.

“I have spoken to senior QPR officials and they have reassured me of their commitment continuing to support the scheme.
"This was great to hear. I’d like to thank the club for their commitment to community sport, we know there is a huge Hoops fan base in the borough and so keeping them involved in the project is a win for everyone.”

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are in advanced discussions regarding the freehold of another site which we decided to pursue when the opportunity to acquire the site came up.
“In the spirit of the excellent working relationship we have with Ealing Council we have made them aware of the situation and assured them we remain firmly committed to helping them develop the site for community use.
“As there is a non-disclosure agreement in place regarding the other site, no further comment will be made at this time.”
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:10]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Warren Farm not happening on 10:07 - May 6 with 7368 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is anyone really surprised or disappointed

I'm glad it's finally over with. the club should have pulled it years ago and feck the whinging protesters off.

And the truth is we no longer (for a long time) have the money for it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 10:10 - May 6 with 7357 viewsdaveB

Is actually quite positive news that we are in talks to get a different site, look forward to Warren Farm being turned into flats
Warren Farm not happening on 10:11 - May 6 with 7356 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 10:07 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm glad it's finally over with. the club should have pulled it years ago and feck the whinging protesters off.

Your last line is just speculation, to be fair, 2T2B.

I wouldn't worry, and I'm glad to be out of WF.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are in advanced discussions regarding the freehold of another site which we decided to pursue when the opportunity to acquire the site came up.

“In the spirit of the excellent working relationship we have with Ealing Council we have made them aware of the situation and assured them we remain firmly committed to helping them develop the site for community use.

“As there is a non-disclosure agreement in place regarding the other site, no further comment will be made at this time.”

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 10:13 - May 6 with 7320 views2Thomas2Bowles

I should imaging the *new* site is private land or already a sports facility.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:14 - May 6 with 7324 viewsfrancisbowles

Warren Farm not happening on 10:07 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's what my initial thoughts were, especially with the virus situation but today's statement on the offy says we are buying another site.
Warren Farm not happening on 10:15 - May 6 with 7331 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 10:13 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yes, true. I think we can say that it's not public as the Club have said that they have informed Ealing Council.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm not happening on 10:18 - May 6 with 7302 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm not happening on 10:13 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

yes, although no details are forthcoming due to NDA ( qeulle surprise! ) I understand that directions to the new training facility are as follows

Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road.
Warren Farm not happening on 10:20 - May 6 with 7251 views2Thomas2Bowles

Short term may cost more but you own it, better than a lease.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:21 - May 6 with 7255 viewsPunteR

Was never going to happen. The club is skint.

Gutted by this though. I feel sort of bitter of the fact that SWF kind of won.
Fernandes has no interest in our club and has obviously got other issues now. As the owner of the club a statement would have been decent. (Unless I missed it.?)
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:29]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:22 - May 6 with 7245 viewsted_hendrix

Well that's that then.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:23 - May 6 with 7241 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

This sounds like fantastic news to me to be honest. Warren Farm has been painful right from the start. It seems that in the background we have been trying to buy somewhere else and have just about succeeded.

Lee Hoos is a great CEO so i'm confident that he wouldn't have released this news unless it was either nailed on - or we were about to suffer more costs fighting about Warren Farm. the council must be gutted...so he had to promise to still help them or we wouldn't have them on our side for other projects.

I wonder where and what the other place is?
Warren Farm not happening on 10:24 - May 6 with 7231 viewsBAWHoops

Annoyed that the Brentford farker has won!

If they have another site lined up I'm not so bothered really.

CLubs owners are minted an can pour money into infrastructure projects such as this

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warren Farm not happening on 10:24 - May 6 with 7226 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Warren Farm not happening on 10:21 - May 6 by PunteR

Was never going to happen. The club is skint.

Gutted by this though. I feel sort of bitter of the fact that SWF kind of won.
Fernandes has no interest in our club and has obviously got other issues now. As the owner of the club a statement would have been decent. (Unless I missed it.?)
[Post edited 6 May 2020 10:29]

It is - but this is clearly nothing to do with money!
Warren Farm not happening on 10:27 - May 6 with 7185 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 10:18 - May 6 by LythamR

yes, although no details are forthcoming due to NDA ( qeulle surprise! ) I understand that directions to the new training facility are as follows

Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road.

Understandable to be sceptical as with everything QPR.

Hopefully, it's to stop being gazumped.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:29 - May 6 with 7179 viewsGloucs_R

Wasn't some training ground close to the linford Christie stadium coming up as available?

Or have I just made that up?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Warren Farm not happening on 10:32 - May 6 with 7120 views2Thomas2Bowles

On a bit of a tangent, it shows the club must be confident of survival in these dark times.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:34 - May 6 with 7121 viewsmcqpr10

Let's be honest, this probably should of been scrapped years ago. The club, who I think have tried very hard to push this over the line have been constantly thwarted and tied up legally. You can hear the exasperation in Hoo's voice any time he speaks about it and I have an inkling he would have ditched it along time ago if it hadn't been TF's vanity project.

Also, surely if we are looking for a freehold that means the club will have an asset rather than leasing it (under what seem very favourable conditions with Ealing council).

Didn't someone say Harlington was up for sale of the lease with imperial college was expiring. Bet we end up buying it!
Warren Farm not happening on 10:35 - May 6 with 7103 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm not happening on 10:29 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Wasn't some training ground close to the linford Christie stadium coming up as available?

Or have I just made that up?

If they can't sort out a derelict sports ground in Ealing what makes you confident they'll be able to sort anything out at LCS ?
I think they will carry on renting somewhere despite all the talk.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:38 - May 6 with 7094 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm not happening on 10:27 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Understandable to be sceptical as with everything QPR.

Hopefully, it's to stop being gazumped.

Possibly but then why not keep shtum until the deal is closed, its not like the judicial review was coming up next week.

Looking at the form i would rather bet on a 3 legged horse winning the Derby
Warren Farm not happening on 10:38 - May 6 with 7092 viewsMiss_Terraces

Warren Farm not happening on 10:32 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

On a bit of a tangent, it shows the club must be confident of survival in these dark times.

Or acquiring an asset for themselves, to strip later on

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024