Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faux Pas 11:40 - May 11 with 2464 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Your cringiest cock ups.
Faux Pas on 12:10 - May 11 with 2423 viewsDannyPaddox

Does FoapR still post on here?
Faux Pas on 12:45 - May 11 with 2384 viewsonlyrinmoray

I was responsible for a group of young people who accidently set off a fire alarm in Terminal 1 at Heathrow which led to the terminal being evacuated Worse day of my working life in 2006
Faux Pas on 15:45 - May 11 with 2259 viewsWokingR

Going back a while, we had this girl in the office who absolutely loved herself. She turned up one Monday with a brand new hairstyle and when she didn't get a big enough reaction to it, she started emailing workmates asking if they liked it.
I emailed another colleague along the lines of "you'd think she'd keep quiet seeing as it makes her look like a bloke" and them promptly sent it straight to her by mistake.
Faux Pas on 15:53 - May 11 with 2248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faux Pas on 15:45 - May 11 by WokingR

Going back a while, we had this girl in the office who absolutely loved herself. She turned up one Monday with a brand new hairstyle and when she didn't get a big enough reaction to it, she started emailing workmates asking if they liked it.
I emailed another colleague along the lines of "you'd think she'd keep quiet seeing as it makes her look like a bloke" and them promptly sent it straight to her by mistake.

Grim.
Faux Pas on 16:47 - May 11 with 2173 viewsstowmarketrange

When my children were younger I used to pick them up from primary school.I started chatting to one of the other parents and told her to be careful because my children had chicken pox,and I said that with you being pregnant you need to be extra careful.”I’m not pregnant” she said.
We didn’t speak much after that.
Faux Pas on 17:07 - May 11 with 2145 viewsMrSheen

Faux Pas on 16:47 - May 11 by stowmarketrange

When my children were younger I used to pick them up from primary school.I started chatting to one of the other parents and told her to be careful because my children had chicken pox,and I said that with you being pregnant you need to be extra careful.”I’m not pregnant” she said.

Very similar. I went round to introduce myself to the new next door neighbour. She was chatting about her two young children and i asked her when the next one was due. Still waiting, five years later.
Faux Pas on 19:19 - May 11 with 2014 viewsJuzzie

Faux Pas on 16:47 - May 11 by stowmarketrange

Very similar thing with one of our HR Managers a few years ago. Last person you want to do this to, HR.
I got a very official email along the lines of “I have never been approached in such a impersonal manner in my life”.

Yeah, didn’t really speak much thereafter either.
Faux Pas on 20:07 - May 11 with 1960 viewsNov77

in my first job after leaving school I did one of the worst farts ever , I was on my own and I thought "christ, I hope no one comes near me now", the paint was almost been torn from the walls by the putrid monstrosity of it.
then, who decides to come over and stand right beside me to talk? the manager, I couldn't blame anyone else as there was no other fecker around, bless her though, she took a standing eight count and didn't even mention it which in some ways made it worse.
God it was rotten though, never done one as bad since.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Faux Pas on 09:18 - May 12 with 1709 viewsTeddRanger

First day at new job- telesales.

Finished my ciggie( those were the days!) and lobbed it in the bin by my desk.

The big boss comes over to have a chat with his new underling.

"How's it going? he beams. Just then we both noticed smoke coming from the bin. Never seen anyone's expression change so quickly. I was rooted to the spot. "What the f uck" he roared as he grabbed said bin, now with a few flames emerging and rushed away to douse it in the sink.

Didn't last very long there for some reason.
Faux Pas on 09:25 - May 12 with 1697 viewsbosh67

Back in about 2001 I went to a meeting with someone I kind of half knew about a TV show and at the end of the meeting I told a very naughty story about Claudia Schiffer's previous alleged antics with someone in the UAE. Corker of a story but the guy I told it to then responded by telling me he was her fiancee's best man! Needless to say I didn't get the TV show.... or an invite to the wedding. Surprise that, innit!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faux Pas on 21:49 - May 12 with 1524 viewshoopsmark

I was hotel manager on a cruise ferry about 8 years ago,dry dock was coming and i had to measure up the public areas for new carpet,did that and said carpet was ordered by purchasing department...

Got a bit of a shock when the carpet fitters did the job and asked me 'chief what you want doing with the carpet left over?'...Turns out i'd calculated wrong and ordered 25 grands worth too much.......i hid it in a shore side container during the night and left it there

Big boys Never rustled me on that.....phew!! (dont ask an ex chef to measure up carpet eh)...
Faux Pas on 22:26 - May 12 with 1481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faux Pas on 21:49 - May 12 by hoopsmark

I was hotel manager on a cruise ferry about 8 years ago,dry dock was coming and i had to measure up the public areas for new carpet,did that and said carpet was ordered by purchasing department...

Got a bit of a shock when the carpet fitters did the job and asked me 'chief what you want doing with the carpet left over?'...Turns out i'd calculated wrong and ordered 25 grands worth too much.......i hid it in a shore side container during the night and left it there

Big boys Never rustled me on that.....phew!! (dont ask an ex chef to measure up carpet eh)...

It found a good home in the end:

Faux Pas on 22:51 - May 12 with 1448 viewsHamptonR

Few years back.
I was coaching a youth football team and they had a county cup game on a Sunday, I have had a falling out with my girlfriend, so I am at home alone on the Saturday, while she is at hers.
I am getting a few texts from my GF, calling me all the names under the sun, I am giving a bit back. After a few salvos in either direction she softens and says, come over and have drink.
I start playing hard to get, saying that I have beer in my fridge, what else do you have?
Then I receive a text from a mother of one of my players, telling me that her mother has had a massive stroke and that she cannot get her son to the match tomorrow because she is already on her way up North to see her.
Almost simultaneously my GF texts me to say, what would you like?
I reply in very explicit terms, saying exactly what I am going to do to her, how I am going to do it, where I am going to do it, no holds barred…X-rated.
After few minutes I receive a text from my girlfriend saying, well, what would you like?
Where have I sent the explicit text? Oh yes, the poor woman who is on her way to hospital to see her stroke afflicted mother.

Hardest apology phone call I have ever had to make.
Faux Pas on 23:54 - May 12 with 1405 viewsCiderwithRsie

My brother gave me lift home once. I'd had a few, he was sober, but it was late and the roads were empty; apparently he went through a red light. (I didn't notice, as I say, I'd had a few).

Pulled up outside my house and a car draws up alongside us. I looked over and saw a mate of mine in the driving seat, so I gave a cheery wave and thumbs up. Don't know why I thought he might have been passing, but there were those few drinks I'd had.

Turns out there is a west London traffic cop who is the spitting image of my mate.

EDIT my mate is a fellow R so in hindsight it was just as well I didn't give him the big URRRs, especially if the traffic cop had misheard it as "You a*se!"
[Post edited 12 May 2020 23:59]
Faux Pas on 23:54 - May 12 with 1404 viewsJuzzie

Early 2003 I started dating a Polish girl. Then at Easter flew over there for the long weekend, meet the family etc.

Got to her parents house, usual pleasantries etc. then they asked me (translated through her) if I knew any Polish words. Well, just a couple, had only been a couple of months.

So I said “Pisda” but what I actually meant was “pies” (pronounced ‘piesh’) which means dog.
Turns out I just said to her family...... cnt.

There was a moments silence and a very quick explanation from my girlfriend then her mum and dad burst out laughing and out came the vodka!

On my second trip there we went out with some of my girlfriends friends one evening and got drunk, very, very drunk. So much so I went to the toilet during the night and managed to pee just about everywhere except for the toilet bowl.
Her mum spent the morning cleaning up the entire bathroom. Suffice to say I was rather apologetic.
Faux Pas on 02:25 - May 13 with 1350 viewstimcocking

I remember congratulating my mate's missus for her pregnancy, asking when it was due when it fact she wasn't, didn't go down particularly well...
Faux Pas on 13:54 - May 13 with 1230 viewsloftboy

When I was 19 I worked in a large clothing warehouse, 300 women and 100 blokes, one of the women was about thirty stone and you always knew when she had worried as she went manic depressive, anyhow a new bloke started so I thought I’d warn him “ don’t go near Doreen she’s on her period “ “how do you know” “ well there’s a flock of sheep in the car park with ropes tied round their necks”. Next thing a huge fist has come through the railing of skirts and smacked me in the chops, she was stood the other side and heard every word!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Faux Pas on 15:08 - May 13 with 1170 viewsbosh67

Helena Bonham Carter. I've only been invited to BAFTA in London a couple of times. I went to the toilet the first time and the ladies and gents are right next to each other and the doors open a particular way. I came out the main door of the gents and swung it straight into Helena Bonham Carter's face, knocking her to the ground.

She took it with some good grace, humour and humility thankfully and I picked her up off the floor and made sure she was okay. Very embarrassing but the design of the doors is also pretty poor.

Anyway about a year or so on I was invited to meet someone there again, went to the toilet, came out and swung the door straight in the face of... Helena Bonham Carter! As she looked up from the floor she said with slightly less humour, "You again!"

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faux Pas on 21:17 - May 13 with 1070 viewsitsbiga

I was in one of those awful indoor play places for kids with my wife and son.
She was wearing black jeans with her pink iPhone in the back right pocket.
I went to the karzy and when i came out she was bending over messing with her shoes and had a bit of a builders bum on show so i walked over and stuck my finger down her exposed butt crack.
She stood bolt upright, turned around and it wern't my wife. This poor woman had same black jeans and pink phone in pocket. What are the odds.
I profusely apologized and explained and she didn't believe me so i had to intro her to my wife. She then accepted it but was still pretty angry and walked off. I expected her to come back with her hubby and it might kick off but she never did.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Faux Pas on 21:22 - May 13 with 1058 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Faux Pas on 21:17 - May 13 by itsbiga

I was in one of those awful indoor play places for kids with my wife and son.
She was wearing black jeans with her pink iPhone in the back right pocket.
I went to the karzy and when i came out she was bending over messing with her shoes and had a bit of a builders bum on show so i walked over and stuck my finger down her exposed butt crack.
She stood bolt upright, turned around and it wern't my wife. This poor woman had same black jeans and pink phone in pocket. What are the odds.
I profusely apologized and explained and she didn't believe me so i had to intro her to my wife. She then accepted it but was still pretty angry and walked off. I expected her to come back with her hubby and it might kick off but she never did.

From the beginning of the third line my hands started rising to cover my eyes!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Faux Pas on 21:53 - May 13 with 1016 viewsqprxtc

I once asked my line manager if she fancied a shag.

She said “Yeah, of course. But not with you”.

Back to my Guinness I went.
Faux Pas on 23:12 - May 13 with 952 viewsCiderwithRsie

Faux Pas on 21:53 - May 13 by qprxtc

I once asked my line manager if she fancied a shag.

She said “Yeah, of course. But not with you”.

Back to my Guinness I went.

Annual assessments are a b*gger, aren't they?
Faux Pas on 23:39 - May 13 with 938 viewsLoftgirl

Faux Pas on 23:12 - May 13 by CiderwithRsie

Annual assessments are a b*gger, aren't they?

What are the options?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024