Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
closed doors - QPR advantage? 20:03 - May 11 with 1588 viewsHastings_Hoops

If/when the season re-opens and if/when it is behind closed doors, QPR will be in the half of the division who would have had to play 5 or the remaining 9 games away from home; therefore there would be a small advantage to QPR in this arrangement - small margins.

A step further, three of the matches would have been London derbies, plus a trip to Lootown.

Our final match would have been a trip to the Hawthorns.

Finally, let’s be honest - has Loftus Road been a fortress this year? The Loft End has been dead (thanks to the family stand nonsense).

...my hunch is that finishing the season behind closed doors could give QPR a bit of an advantage.

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 00:34 - May 12 with 1394 viewsplasmahoop

You might be right, but we were on a decent run of form before the lockdown, so that momentum will have been lost.
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 07:13 - May 12 with 1314 viewsWatford_Ranger

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 00:34 - May 12 by plasmahoop

You might be right, but we were on a decent run of form before the lockdown, so that momentum will have been lost.

That’s the gutter for me. Six points off Preston with Barnsley and Charlton next and unbeaten in six with a quite favourable run-in. I like to think I’m more realistic than optimistic when it comes to Rangers but honestly think we’d have been very close.
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 07:58 - May 12 with 1283 viewsdistortR

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 07:13 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

That’s the gutter for me. Six points off Preston with Barnsley and Charlton next and unbeaten in six with a quite favourable run-in. I like to think I’m more realistic than optimistic when it comes to Rangers but honestly think we’d have been very close.

I think our goal difference has/will do for us.
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 08:27 - May 12 with 1249 viewsthompsonridd

If we make it, the play off final behind closed doors won't be very exciting!!!
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 09:05 - May 12 with 1185 viewsPlanetHonneywood

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 00:34 - May 12 by plasmahoop

Well of course, everyone else will have been disrupted and so depending on how we go into the resumption, it might be easier to pick up after the form we were in as opposed to trying to galvanise a squad who were deflated or on a bad run.

I’d also say I’m more confident of this crop of players then many of our most recent vintages/tossers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 09:12 - May 12 with 1178 viewsloftus77

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 08:27 - May 12 by thompsonridd

Yes - but when Messrs. Loic Remy and Adel Taarabt are added to our XI it will be...
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 10:18 - May 12 with 1111 viewsTGRRRSSS

Might be a benefit - but I don't see us making the play offs.

I guess players are a bit more used to it than we think afterall they must all play a few behind closed doors type games for fitness and coming back from injury etc, often there's a game at LR in midweek -ok maybe afew go in, but can't be the same as a normal league fixture.
I think the players will find it strange but once the game starts...
I think all over the shop there will be some weird scores and things happen we don't expect.

Hopefully to our benefit but I mean generally wherever the leagues are going.
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 11:13 - May 12 with 1050 viewsSir_Chops

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 08:27 - May 12 by thompsonridd

No idea why, but I just thought about the stunt Arsenal pulled at Highbury when they demolished the home end. IIRC they had a wall of painted fans on boarding, and pumped sound through it from the rest of the ground?

Desperate times and all that. Take soundbites from each team's home crowd and play them alternately, fading left and right speaker in and out, and hitting the mute button to cut out the rude bits for the Sky cameras.

Well, it's given me a chuckle anyway...
Login to get fewer ads

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 12:50 - May 12 with 969 viewsWatford_Ranger

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 11:13 - May 12 by Sir_Chops

No idea why, but I just thought about the stunt Arsenal pulled at Highbury when they demolished the home end. IIRC they had a wall of painted fans on boarding, and pumped sound through it from the rest of the ground?

Desperate times and all that. Take soundbites from each team's home crowd and play them alternately, fading left and right speaker in and out, and hitting the mute button to cut out the rude bits for the Sky cameras.

Well, it's given me a chuckle anyway...

You can pay 19 euros to have your cardboard cutout attend the matches at one of the German teams.
closed doors - QPR advantage? on 10:42 - May 13 with 765 viewsfrancisbowles

closed doors - QPR advantage? on 12:50 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

You can pay 19 euros to have your cardboard cutout attend the matches at one of the German teams.

I might do that for my next season ticket. Would save me driving four+ hours, 200 miles round trip and all the expense that goes with it, better for the environment and I could watch it on a stream, whilst in my warm and comfortable sitting room, with a decent pot of tea at half time. Win, win!

Do you get image rights,as well?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024