Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? 11:05 - May 16 with 5182 viewsSonofNorfolt

Friends without BT have been asking.
Nine weeks without a hit, people are desperate.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 11:43 - May 16 with 2671 viewsCheshireR

They should all be covered on Bet365. I think all you need is an account with £1 balance.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 11:59 - May 16 with 2647 viewsSonofNorfolt

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 11:43 - May 16 by CheshireR

They should all be covered on Bet365. I think all you need is an account with £1 balance.

Bloody hell Martin you're making me have a bet now
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 12:14 - May 16 with 2615 viewsSonofNorfolt

Holstein Kiel score the first goal since this unseasonal break, followed shortly after by a penalty to Erzgebirge Aue, the best named German football team.
Will Bielefeld continue their superb form tomorrow and carry on to the title?
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 13:52 - May 16 with 2498 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm going to watch Borussia-Schalke at 2.30pm.

Who should I be following here, folks? I'm open to persuasion.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 13:58 - May 16 with 2491 viewsDannyPaddox

In tribute to the late Florian Schneider, Fortuna Düsseldorf plan to fill their ground for the behind closed doors clash against bottom of the table Paderborn with thousands of Kraftwerk mannequins.

Fortuna manager Uwe Rösler said it will be the biggest collection of dummies in a football stadium ... since the last Chelsea home game.

Ich werde meinen Mantel bekommen
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:04 - May 16 with 2478 viewstraininvain

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 13:52 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm going to watch Borussia-Schalke at 2.30pm.

Who should I be following here, folks? I'm open to persuasion.

Always had a soft spot for Dortmund and went to see them play a few years ago. Stood in the yellow wall with pint in hand watching them under Klopp. Good times.

I’ll be supporting them for that reason and the Jadon Sancho / England connection. Also looking forward to seeing Polter (Union Berlin) and Leistner (Cologne, great city btw).

It’ll be interesting to see whether the teams are more evenly matched due to lack of fitness, time spent training together etc.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:26 - May 16 with 2442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:04 - May 16 by traininvain

Always had a soft spot for Dortmund and went to see them play a few years ago. Stood in the yellow wall with pint in hand watching them under Klopp. Good times.

I’ll be supporting them for that reason and the Jadon Sancho / England connection. Also looking forward to seeing Polter (Union Berlin) and Leistner (Cologne, great city btw).

It’ll be interesting to see whether the teams are more evenly matched due to lack of fitness, time spent training together etc.

Have to like Dortmund with that support, true.

I know nothing about Schalke, really.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:32 - May 16 with 2435 viewsDannyPaddox

Little I know about Schalke is that Adolph used to say they were his team. Though I’ve read historians say he wasn’t into football and would only say it to curry favour with the working man.

And I’ve always thought calling yourselves Schalke 04 was a bit defeatist.
Login to get fewer ads

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:42 - May 16 with 2424 viewsKonk

I always had a soft spot for Schalke, initially because of Das Boot. Went to see them v Bochum about ten years ago, some tw at threw his beer in frustration and as I was stood up about 1ft away from him, I got 90% of it all over me. Bit of an argument, bloke refused to apologise and that pis sed me off. After the game, we had to get back to the station to catch the train we’d booked to go to Cologne for a game the next day. Had a beer, booked a cab because the ground is in the middle of nowhere. Waited ages for the cab and then four big fat Schalke fans jumped in the taxi as me and my mate were getting in, and forced the driver to take them after a bit of a row. Had a stressful dash to the station after that, so fuc k Schalke as far as I’m concerned.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:50 - May 16 with 2405 viewsflynnbo

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:42 - May 16 by Konk

I always had a soft spot for Schalke, initially because of Das Boot. Went to see them v Bochum about ten years ago, some tw at threw his beer in frustration and as I was stood up about 1ft away from him, I got 90% of it all over me. Bit of an argument, bloke refused to apologise and that pis sed me off. After the game, we had to get back to the station to catch the train we’d booked to go to Cologne for a game the next day. Had a beer, booked a cab because the ground is in the middle of nowhere. Waited ages for the cab and then four big fat Schalke fans jumped in the taxi as me and my mate were getting in, and forced the driver to take them after a bit of a row. Had a stressful dash to the station after that, so fuc k Schalke as far as I’m concerned.

So what are you saying, Konk?
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:52 - May 16 with 2400 viewsSonofNorfolt

I have an aversion to yellow kits, hence I'm not always with the Dortmund love in.
Schalke pre-war were successful but have often been the bridesmaids since and they haven't won the modern Bundesliga created in the '60's.
Don't under estimate the importance of this match, normally this is full on. In fact Schalke's surprise victory here at the end of last season ultimately cost Dortmund the title.
Basically just f uck Bayern, and from a Berlin perspective Hertha, and you won't go too far wrong.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:59 - May 16 with 2376 viewsDannyPaddox

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:42 - May 16 by Konk

Really thought this was going be a how I first met German Karl story.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:03 - May 16 with 2361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1-0 to Dortmund after 30mins. Haaland with the breakthrough goal after a nice move.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:09 - May 16 with 2349 viewsKonk

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:50 - May 16 by flynnbo

So what are you saying, Konk?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I didn't warm to Schalke! One of the few grounds I've been to as a neutral and come away thinking, I hope they get tonked every week.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:17 - May 16 with 2318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2-0 now. Brandt releasing Guerreiro who bangs it home from wide on the left.

Dortmund much the better team, Brandt and Hazard outstanding.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:20 - May 16 with 2314 viewsKonk

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 14:59 - May 16 by DannyPaddox

Really thought this was going be a how I first met German Karl story.

Come on Danny - buffet car on the way back from Walsall. Karl was Fulham - didn't take much of an interest in German football. He used to say, "I learned to play the game in Germany - I learnt to love the game in the Enclosure" (but it sounded much better in German - from memory: "Ich habe gelernt, das Spiel in Deutschland zu spielen - ich habe gelernt, das Spiel im Enclosur zu lieben"). He'd then typically let out a throaty laugh and throw an empty Strongbow can over his shoulder. An absolute one off was Karl.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:30 - May 16 with 2289 viewsqprxtc

My opinion on this thread is not germane to the whole content.

Achtung baby.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:34 - May 16 with 2276 viewsSonofNorfolt

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:20 - May 16 by Konk

Come on Danny - buffet car on the way back from Walsall. Karl was Fulham - didn't take much of an interest in German football. He used to say, "I learned to play the game in Germany - I learnt to love the game in the Enclosure" (but it sounded much better in German - from memory: "Ich habe gelernt, das Spiel in Deutschland zu spielen - ich habe gelernt, das Spiel im Enclosur zu lieben"). He'd then typically let out a throaty laugh and throw an empty Strongbow can over his shoulder. An absolute one off was Karl.

I think he got a dig off Rangers in the Enclosure at the game in '99?
It was either him or Brigette Nielson? I'm not quite sure? Perhaps you can shed some light on this? Gobby, foreign accent, trenchcoat and a cut under one eye.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:41 - May 16 with 2251 viewsDannyPaddox

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:20 - May 16 by Konk

Ah sorry mate. Yes the Walsall story. I heard he had a lot of trouble at Euston that day what with his accent - which I’m told was particularly heavy when he was hungover. The ticket office were trying to sell him a ticket to Warsaw until he snapped, “Walsall you dozy cünt. Walsall near Coventry the place we bombed the fück out of in 1940”
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:45 - May 16 with 2231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

3-0. I missed the goal. All I saw was the goalie waving at it but it wasn't his fault cos the naughty man hit it really hard.
[Post edited 16 May 2020 15:46]

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:52 - May 16 with 2203 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4-0 Guerreiro.

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:55 - May 16 with 2202 viewsqprxtc

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:41 - May 16 by DannyPaddox

Ah sorry mate. Yes the Walsall story. I heard he had a lot of trouble at Euston that day what with his accent - which I’m told was particularly heavy when he was hungover. The ticket office were trying to sell him a ticket to Warsaw until he snapped, “Walsall you dozy cünt. Walsall near Coventry the place we bombed the fück out of in 1940”

Etymology

The etymology of c unt is a matter of debate,[8] but most sources consider the word to have derived from a Germanic word (Proto-Germanic *kuntō, stem *kuntōn-), which appeared as kunta in Old Norse. Scholars are uncertain of the origin of the Proto-Germanic form itself.[9] There are cognates in most Germanic languages, such as the Swedish, Faroese and Nynorsk kunta; West Frisian and Middle Low German kunte; Middle Dutch conte; Dutch kut (c unt) and kont (butt); Middle Low German kutte; Middle High German kotze ("prostitute"); German kott, and perhaps Old English cot. The etymology of the Proto-Germanic term is disputed. It may have arisen by Grimm's law operating on the Proto-Indo-European root *gen/gon "create, become" seen in gonads, genital, gamete, genetics, gene, or the Proto-Indo-European root *gʷneh₂/guneh₂ "woman" (Greek: gunê, seen in gynaecology). Relationships to similar-sounding words such as the Latin cunnus ("vulva"), and its derivatives French con, Spanish coño, and Portuguese cona, or in Persian kun (کون), have not been conclusively demonstrated. Other Latin words related to cunnus are cuneus ("wedge") and its derivative cunēre ("to fasten with a wedge", (figurative) "to squeeze in"), leading to English words such as cuneiform ("wedge-shaped"). In Middle English, c unt appeared with many spellings, such as coynte, c unte and queynte, which did not always reflect the actual pronunciation of the word.

The word in its modern meaning is attested in Middle English. Proverbs of Hendyng, a manuscript from some time before 1325, includes the advice:[10]

Ȝeue þi c unte to cunnig and craue affetir wedding.
(Give your c unt wisely and make [your] demands after the wedding.)
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 16:04 - May 16 with 2183 viewsflynnbo

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 15:09 - May 16 by Konk

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I didn't warm to Schalke! One of the few grounds I've been to as a neutral and come away thinking, I hope they get tonked every week.

‘‘Twas a Triggeresque type comment.
Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 16:05 - May 16 with 2181 viewsaston_hoop

Turned over to the Leipzig game from the Dortmund game. Ademola Lookman on the pitch for them.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Any moody feeds for the German footy today? on 16:07 - May 16 with 2172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't have that one.

Disappointed not to see Sancho today. I've never seen him play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024