Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agenda and Luck 14:35 - May 22 with 1467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've often thought about this and I've seen people say it, maybe jokingly. I've often meant to ask you all your opinion. So, two questions:

1) Do we think that Rangers have worse luck than the average club?
2) Do we think that there's an anti-Rangers agenda (more so against the average club)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Agenda and Luck on 14:43 - May 22 with 1416 views2Thomas2Bowles

The FA cup final replay for sure.

Bad owners yes a few.

BBC did not really like us
Brian Moore did not really like us
On average we have done ok for our size over the last 60 years.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Agenda and Luck on 14:47 - May 22 with 1432 viewsplasmahoop

I would say not. I think generally you make your own luck. When Mark Hughes and redknapp signed all the donkeys, we were badly run and didn't have the correct checks and balances in place. I thought we were hard done by with the fpp, but the article I think by Simon dorset explained that really we weren't. Who knows what the post corona future is, but I did think the fact that we are being better run now was going to stand us in good stead. Sure there were times we've been unlucky, like I 1976 with Liverpool completing the season ten days later, but most teams could probably point to bad luck at times
Agenda and Luck on 14:57 - May 22 with 1398 viewsqpr_1968

I agree with the 82 cup final replay, the best team lost.

bad luck wise, I think that comes with amount of bad referee's we've had.
more bad than good for us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Agenda and Luck on 14:57 - May 22 with 1397 viewsterryb

No to both questions!

My experience is that the rest of the country regarded the media as being very pro Rangers!

I found it very funny that Ipswich supporters in the '70's & '80's thought that the BBC hated them, while I thought they were their favourite team!
Agenda and Luck on 15:02 - May 22 with 1389 viewskensalriser

No and no.

I'm sure we're not the only club that has an irrational victim mentality, though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Agenda and Luck on 16:24 - May 22 with 1308 viewsA40Bosh

No to both,
I think if someone had the time and inclination to spend hours and hours on other clubs' popular fans forums in all 4 leagues you would find a great many clubs with fans who will profess similar claims as ours regarding how we don't get the respect we deserve from the media and the fact that we are always last on the highlights reel and that refs have it in for us ... blah........blah......... We are just a normal club who f**ked up buying our way in to the big time when others who did it before us, did it better, with the same perceived incompetent owners as other clubs, including some really big clubs claim to have.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Agenda and Luck on 16:31 - May 22 with 1285 viewsqprxtc

No and No.

Historically average club and probably always will be.

Most of the media and other people couldn’t care less about QPR.
Agenda and Luck on 16:39 - May 22 with 1284 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, I agree on both.

Most of our bad 'luck' has been our own doing, or just maybe not being quite good enough. We've had unfortunate timing in '76 and '96, but both of those were in our hands.

Also, the agenda idea has only surface occasionally since the FFP and we were miles offside on that one. (conversely, most clubs think we got off lightly with the debacle surrounding the signing of poor Faurlin).

Of late, it's been great to see Warburton and Hoos in sensible media slots and being presented as intelligent, responsible thinkers. It's good that we're courting the media again in a positive way not in a Redknapp/Me First way.

Login to get fewer ads

Agenda and Luck on 16:44 - May 22 with 1269 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought the Faurlin transfer enquiry was strange. I think at one stage The Sun newspaper even had a back page story about us saying we were being sent to the conference? Faurlin seemed to hint in his LFW interview that it was strange in that the league or FA were aware of the facts about his third-party owners all along and didn’t have a problem. Then all of a sudden they started asking questions for some reason.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:45]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Agenda and Luck on 16:48 - May 22 with 1258 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

1) Ask Bury, Bolton, or Wimbledon if we are unlucky!

2) I hated QPR during the Briatore years so don’t see why everyone else wouldn’t. Minority view, but the FFP fine and sanctions were entirely deserved. Just a shame that the fans get clobbered too.

Now though I love this Club more than I have done since Holloway took us up.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 14:58]
Agenda and Luck on 16:53 - May 22 with 1249 viewsTGRRRSSS

Even if FFP was deserved it looked bad they changed the rules but still did us under the previous rules we've certainly had some bad luck and I don't think we're the most popular.

Not sure EFL will dare do Sheff Weds, Brum etc after this CV19 which in it's own way is typical of our luck, we've worked to sort stuff whilst others haven't and we won't even get the benefit going forward
Agenda and Luck on 17:06 - May 22 with 1226 viewsDorse

1) The CURSE is real.
2) See 1).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Agenda and Luck on 17:20 - May 22 with 1207 viewsrsonist

Agenda and Luck on 15:02 - May 22 by kensalriser

No and no.

I'm sure we're not the only club that has an irrational victim mentality, though.

To be fair it's not much fun if you don't actually have dark powerful forces conspiring against little old you though.

It's also not much fun if your board aren't actually stringing you along with wild lies and schemes and malfeasance, and that your new training ground plans predominantly fell victim to something as mundane as a decade of vexatious litigation.

Not much fun either when you can't pretend that successes and failures in football tend to fall on miserably fine and sometimes unfair or irrational margins, despite those borderline decisions to that effect being made mainly in good faith and sound enough logic.

And it's really not fun when you can't make simplistic sense of it all by rewriting in 20/20 hindsight a perfectly sequential historical narrative where the goodies and baddies are clear as day, and whatever you said at the time is struck from the record.

I mean, it is meant to be a bit of entertainment after all.
Agenda and Luck on 17:26 - May 22 with 1195 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I always discuss this with my mates, talking about luck and the curse and how hard it is being a QPR fan. But ive been a fan since 2003.

Since then i've:

1) Gone to Cardiff and see us lose a play off final
2) Seen us promoted to the Championship
3) Seen us promoted to the Premier League with the best player ever to grace the Championship
4) Get taken over by billionaires
5) Be a part of the greatest moment in Premier League history
6) Get relegated
7) Be a part on one of the most iconic Wembley goals in new Wembley

If im being honest we've certainly achieved more in these 17 years than most fans could dream of.

So when i do think about our bad luck, and our curse, i do think we really have had some of the best days in recent years

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Agenda and Luck on 19:40 - May 22 with 1129 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nah, not really, but I do think all clubs of our size get a raw deal more often than bigger clubs.

We were absolute hate figures for trying to buy success in the Premier League with our billionaire owners, but Man City? Go right ahead. (Same attitude when Blackburn Rovers outbid MUFC for Shearer - "buying the title" - but MUFC hoovering up Shearer from Southampton would have been just fine.) Would MUFC have been given 10 extra minutes to get an equaliser if they were playing Liverpool? I submit that it is at very least less likely because the press would have been all over it.

But I don't think we get it worse than e.g. Watford.

We might suffer a bit from the fact that we are a small club from a big city. If you are Stoke at least the local media are very much on your side. But again, Brentford, Orient, Palace, Millwall etc all get that too.
Agenda and Luck on 01:04 - May 23 with 1048 viewstimcocking

Well, yes; in the short term, a club can obviously suffer from a run of bad (or good) luck. People say 'it averages out over the course of a season', that's clearly a literal impossibility. So you can definitely have a lucky or unlucky season. That's a given.

The anti-QPR agenda i'd see as also very real, but not so much anti-QPR as a bias against all the small teams favouring the big teams. That's like a 'home ref'. If we played UTD in a best of 100 matches, anybody seriously think we wouldn't be heavily behind on penalties awarded? No ref wants Mourinho or Ferguson and their millions of fans coming after them.

Ps I've gone away and carefully analysed every football match this century - the most unlucky team was, as i thought, QPR, but it was nip and tuck with Sunderland.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 1:18]
Agenda and Luck on 01:44 - May 23 with 1023 viewsBoston

The same whingers who blame their mothers for their bed wetting..

Brian Moore rather liked us in our heyday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Agenda and Luck on 01:54 - May 23 with 1015 viewsFredManRave

Agenda and Luck on 01:44 - May 23 by Boston

The same whingers who blame their mothers for their bed wetting..

Brian Moore rather liked us in our heyday.

Personally I blame my Dad for not fixing the puncture on my water bed properly for my bed wetting.

In answer to the original question no and no and anybody that thinks otherwise is suffering from classic football fan irrationality.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Agenda and Luck on 13:51 - May 23 with 922 viewsQPR_John

Agenda and Luck on 16:53 - May 22 by TGRRRSSS

Even if FFP was deserved it looked bad they changed the rules but still did us under the previous rules we've certainly had some bad luck and I don't think we're the most popular.

Not sure EFL will dare do Sheff Weds, Brum etc after this CV19 which in it's own way is typical of our luck, we've worked to sort stuff whilst others haven't and we won't even get the benefit going forward

As these clubs broke FFP long before CV19 I cannot see how the FL can take it into account
Agenda and Luck on 14:25 - May 23 with 896 viewsTGRRRSSS

I reckon it's highly possible (not probable) that they will and CV19 might be a convenient way to sweep things away for a while - after all we've got the very real prospect of half the EFL or more going under depending.

However my point really was we've done all this work to become more sustainable operate within the confines and so but because of CV19 we may not - one way or another - get the benefit such as for example selling EZE for £20m say maybe more likely sell for less than 10 mill now.
Agenda and Luck on 19:55 - May 24 with 811 viewsMatch82

No agenda against us.

I think we've been unlucky with regards to timing of things but not necessarily on the pitch. And often partly our fault. Things like finishing 5th in the league in a time when English clubs were limited in Europe, relegated just before the big money came in the Premier League, going on a spending spree just before FFP was thrown out for being unreasonable.
Agenda and Luck on 12:32 - May 25 with 722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agenda and Luck on 19:55 - May 24 by Match82

No agenda against us.

I think we've been unlucky with regards to timing of things but not necessarily on the pitch. And often partly our fault. Things like finishing 5th in the league in a time when English clubs were limited in Europe, relegated just before the big money came in the Premier League, going on a spending spree just before FFP was thrown out for being unreasonable.

Ya, I agree with that - unlucky with timing on occasions but also partly our fault. After all, Fernandes voted for FFP!

Agenda and Luck on 13:12 - May 25 with 679 viewsNov77

Agenda and Luck on 16:48 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

1) Ask Bury, Bolton, or Wimbledon if we are unlucky!

2) I hated QPR during the Briatore years so don’t see why everyone else wouldn’t. Minority view, but the FFP fine and sanctions were entirely deserved. Just a shame that the fans get clobbered too.

Now though I love this Club more than I have done since Holloway took us up.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 14:58]

Or when he took us down?

You didn’t enjoy the time under de Canio, or Warnock?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024