Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shite Rangers players you loved... 01:46 - May 23 with 4678 viewsFredManRave

Following on from Brian's thread, how about the alternative view. Players that you believed to be crap but you still man loved them all the same.

I'll start with Karl Ready. Realise I'll get pelters for it but he was at our club for over 10 years, gave his all despite, let's just say not being the most talented player.

I don't actually love him but I do respect him for what he did, tried to do and put up with.

OK. So hit me with it....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 01:48 - May 23 with 2856 viewsqprxtc

Karl Elsey
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 01:56 - May 23 with 2858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh, this is good.

Edit - I love that you said "shite". I thought that was an Irish thing, no?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 1:58]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 02:00 - May 23 with 2850 viewsFredManRave

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 01:56 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh, this is good.

Edit - I love that you said "shite". I thought that was an Irish thing, no?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 1:58]

No fuggin way!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 08:41 - May 23 with 2749 viewsTomS

Rufus Brevett meets the criteria. Having said that, he went on to enjoy a successful career with Fulham as they rose to the Premiership, while we went the other way.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 8:42]
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 08:43 - May 23 with 2740 viewsWatford_Ranger

Brevett is a harsh call.

I remember Gary Borrowdale more fondly than he probably merits probably for the 5-0 Forest away.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:07 - May 23 with 2707 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 08:41 - May 23 by TomS

Rufus Brevett meets the criteria. Having said that, he went on to enjoy a successful career with Fulham as they rose to the Premiership, while we went the other way.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 8:42]

Rufus was a really good player. Doesn't belong on this thread.

I liked George Santos. Not much of a player really, but he was fun.

Devon White was also not a patch on Les, but what a job he did. Loved him.

Bare bones.

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:11 - May 23 with 2696 viewsrsonist

Still cross about the Brevett sale tbh.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:16 - May 23 with 2683 viewsrsonist

Thinking about Trev and Rufus, when we do sell Eze we should stipulate that we'll only accept bids on condition he loses the dreads so it won't feel so bad.
Login to get fewer ads

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:18 - May 23 with 2677 viewsWatford_Ranger

Karl Connolly.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:21 - May 23 with 2671 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dominic Iorfa, solid gold entertainment and fairly hapless.

The grass is always greener.

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:53 - May 23 with 2624 viewsterryb

*Ron Abbot.

Scored at West Ham in our first away win in the top division & played at centre half when we won 5-1 at Derby.

B******s to the rest of his career, he can dine out on those achievements all his life!

*Loved is far too strong a word. What i really mean is that I think he was OK while others detest him.

Stefan Bailey is another one. He wasn't good enough for The Championship, but I never stopped wishing & hoping!
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:58 - May 23 with 2618 viewskingo

Tony Sealy, everyone around me have him pelters but I really liked him, especially when he got the all important goals.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:15 - May 23 with 2591 viewsdavman

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 09:07 - May 23 by Antti_Heinola

Rufus was a really good player. Doesn't belong on this thread.

I liked George Santos. Not much of a player really, but he was fun.

Devon White was also not a patch on Les, but what a job he did. Loved him.

Yep George's was the man for me following his god like performance at Crewe one Tuesday night.

Does Steve Palmer count? There were some who slated him relentlessly; was he shite? I loved him at the Rs.

It was easy to love Devon though as it is easier to laugh at a shite player in a good team...
[Post edited 23 May 2020 10:15]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:22 - May 23 with 2577 viewsslmrstid

Ooof this is really tough one, I can think of some players who weren't the best, but were appreciated for their efforts, but do they meet the definition of "shite"..?

Peter Ramage say. Definitely not the best, but he was much better than shite. Big fan of him. Or say Adam Bolder or Danny Cullip - both limited players in their own way but played really important roles for us in their time at the club so I feel calling them shite is harsh too.

Damion Stewart was perhaps one but then he got better with every season he played for us too...
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:44 - May 23 with 2553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some harsh examples of shite on here!

Conner Washington. He had some bollocks walking out onto that pitch after not scoring for 13 games.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:53 - May 23 with 2544 viewsslmrstid

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:44 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some harsh examples of shite on here!

Conner Washington. He had some bollocks walking out onto that pitch after not scoring for 13 games.

I fully agree with Conor...but I didnt love him so I couldnt name him.

Its hard 'cos by their very virtue players you love have some redeeming features in their abilities.

The really really shite ones you also generally immensely dislike (Steve Morrow perhaps an example there!) so feel you can't name them.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:55 - May 23 with 2536 viewsrsonist

Mackie towards the end of his time here probably the most dearly beloved and sadly pony.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:01 - May 23 with 2518 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not pure shite by any means but I liked Marcus Bignot. Possibly because as a 13 or so year-old at the time he was the only player I was taller than. Bumped into him a few years ago and he was delighted to be recognised and a really nice bloke.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:03 - May 23 with 2513 viewsSnipper

I loved Mathew Rose as a player. He had that bit of quality, and I was part of a small fan club obviously. He wasn’t shite, but his ability to pick up an injury was second to none. That was the shite part of him.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:03 - May 23 with 2511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:01 - May 23 by Watford_Ranger

Not pure shite by any means but I liked Marcus Bignot. Possibly because as a 13 or so year-old at the time he was the only player I was taller than. Bumped into him a few years ago and he was delighted to be recognised and a really nice bloke.

Great shout.

He was a legend in the non league scene, and captained England C.

Only player I’ve ever seen that had the same proportions as a Corinthians figure, hence the nickname ‘Big Nut’.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:10 - May 23 with 2491 viewsDiscodroids

These lads aren't Titan footballing gods cast from Eusebio'S 4th Rib but In the words of Teddy Bass's right hand man, Stan Higgins..

They're All good boys.

Mike Fillery
Kevin Doyle
Ian Barraclough
Mark perry
Chris Plummer
Gavin Mcguire
Tommy Langley
Andy King
Steve Burke
Tony Sealy
David Kerslake
Michael Petrasso
Frankie Sutherland
Simon Osbourne
[Post edited 23 May 2020 11:16]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:37 - May 23 with 2453 viewsMrSheen

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:01 - May 23 by Watford_Ranger

You have to distinguish between players who were purely destructive and those who weren’t much good at their role, but tried their hardest despite being out of their depth.
Bignot’s game was based on the stray dog that runs into the middle of a park game and won’t let any of the players near the ball. He was absolutely what the team and the fans needed at the time, to show we had guts and heart again. Shaun Derry was an upmarket version. Hard to remember what he did, but completely vital.
The truly shyte but lovable players were those you could almost see mumbling to themselves, “You can do it, you belong out here” without actually believing it, but doing what they could. Marc Nygaard, Georges Santos, Terrell Forbes.
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:39 - May 23 with 2446 viewsHAYESBOY

Nygaard.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:53 - May 23 with 2432 viewsGuppy

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 10:15 - May 23 by davman

Yep George's was the man for me following his god like performance at Crewe one Tuesday night.

Does Steve Palmer count? There were some who slated him relentlessly; was he shite? I loved him at the Rs.

It was easy to love Devon though as it is easier to laugh at a shite player in a good team...
[Post edited 23 May 2020 10:15]

Steve Palmer back in the day before the junior Rs Christmas and birthday cards had the players signatures scanned on his was the only signature that appeared on all my kids cards in his time at the club so respect to him for that
Shite Rangers players you loved... on 12:36 - May 23 with 2380 viewsrsonist

Shite Rangers players you loved... on 11:53 - May 23 by Guppy

Steve Palmer back in the day before the junior Rs Christmas and birthday cards had the players signatures scanned on his was the only signature that appeared on all my kids cards in his time at the club so respect to him for that

You'd think Palmer might have used his degree in software engineering from Cambridge to save some time there.

He also went on to help build the EPPP system for the Premier League so double boo to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024