Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. 22:39 - May 24 with 2731 viewsqpr_1968

as a kid used to love em, as one does.
but having kids and grandkids the old sweet tooth comes back.
cola cubes and bon bons years ago, but now seem to be addicted to m'm's.

anyone else got a sweet tooth.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:56 - May 24 with 2302 viewscolinallcars

So many....pear drops, milk bottles, liquorice allsorts especially the ones with the little beads on. Oh and marzipan fruits.
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:15 - May 24 with 2285 viewsLythamR

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:56 - May 24 by colinallcars

So many....pear drops, milk bottles, liquorice allsorts especially the ones with the little beads on. Oh and marzipan fruits.

recently rediscovered
Pear Drops
Sherbert Lemons
Gummy Bears

almost orders Fruit Salads and Black Jacks but the Tooth Fairy said NO!
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:17 - May 24 with 2279 viewsqpr_1968

liked pear drops, always used to cut the roof of my mouth.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:21 - May 24 with 2274 viewsitsbiga

As a kid it was sherbert lemons, cola cubes and lemon bon bons. I did like those powdery milk bottles too.
Now i munch Skittles sours until i have no skin left in my mouth.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 23:23]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:37 - May 24 with 2258 viewsted_hendrix

As a nipper sherbert dabs and pineapple chunks also multi coloured liquorice comfits.

Nowadays I could eat raspberry ruffles till I exploded, I love em.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 09:54 - May 25 with 2160 viewsQPRSteve

One of my favourites as a kid were raspberry eclairs. They were like Cadburys Eclair toffees but had a raspberry centre instead of chocolate.

Seem to have vanished from the face of the earth
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 10:10 - May 25 with 2149 viewsStanisgod

Curly whirlies, although now only half the size.
Randoms juicers.
Milky Bar.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 10:48 - May 25 with 2141 viewsloftboy

The peanut Yorkie, why oh why did they stop making that.

As a kid growing up in the late 60’s early 70’s my mum worked in a news agents near my school,every day a huge bag of sweets was ready for me on the way home,was meant to be 10 pence worth but had loads more, I now have more fillings than the M1

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 10:57 - May 25 with 2138 viewsqpr_1968

does anyone remember toffee glees and fruit glees.
same size as the skittles of today and the fruit ones tasted just the same.
the toffee ones were a mixture of dark brown and light brown in the same packet, but were the best.

cant even find them on the internet......

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:00 - May 25 with 2136 viewsMick_S

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 10:57 - May 25 by qpr_1968

does anyone remember toffee glees and fruit glees.
same size as the skittles of today and the fruit ones tasted just the same.
the toffee ones were a mixture of dark brown and light brown in the same packet, but were the best.

cant even find them on the internet......

Rare groove.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:01 - May 25 with 2135 viewsqpr_1968

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:00 - May 25 by Mick_S

Rare groove.

well done mick, shows how old they are 3p, jesus.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:15 - May 25 with 2123 viewsMick_S

The biggest anti-climax sweet collection out there.

The little green soldiers that had parachutes attached were ok for a while.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:21 - May 25 with 2120 viewsqpr_1968

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:15 - May 25 by Mick_S

The biggest anti-climax sweet collection out there.

The little green soldiers that had parachutes attached were ok for a while.

we had them but were called lucky bags.

the galaxy chocolate back then was a completely different taste, for the better, and more expensive than the other chocolate, today they all taste the same.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:24 - May 25 with 2114 viewsMick_S

Phwoar...

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 15:42 - May 25 with 2058 viewsLblock

Flying saucers

Basically just a lump of sherbert in a thin wafer outer layer.
It’s the simple things.....

I also miss a good old fashioned slush puppy. The modern day equivalents just don’t cut it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 18:38 - May 25 with 2015 viewsQPRSteve

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 15:42 - May 25 by Lblock

Flying saucers

I also miss a good old fashioned slush puppy. The modern day equivalents just don’t cut it

Slush Puppies are for wimps.

Break your teeth on one of these:

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:18 - May 25 with 1958 viewsDWQPR

Given that Dad has a newsagents and general store at the bottom end of Thorpebank Road I should be an officianado in all things sweets. And certainly the state of my teeth nowadays confirms my early investigations into all things sugary. Gone are the days that I can now safely eat toffee or strawberry Bon bons, cola cubes, pineapple chunks, pear drops or even sherbet pips. Cough candy was a no no back then along with rhubarb and custard. For ten pence you could certainly fill up a bag with sweets, four fruit salads or black jacks for a penny, shrimps, bananas, chocolate bananas, jelly dummies, flying saucers, chocolate tools, sherbet dibdabs, the list is endless but for me the best packet of sweets was Cola Spangles. Loved them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:20 - May 25 with 1957 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Mint imperials, Aniseed twists and Sour fizzy stuff are my favourites.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:25 - May 25 with 1950 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 15:42 - May 25 by Lblock

Flying saucers

I've never seen blue like Slush Puppy blue.

Wasn't it Raspberry flavour or something?

*Edit - Yep just checked. Blue Raspberry obviously.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 23:26]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 18:11 - May 26 with 1860 viewsToast_R

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 23:25 - May 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've never seen blue like Slush Puppy blue.

Wasn't it Raspberry flavour or something?

*Edit - Yep just checked. Blue Raspberry obviously.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 23:26]

Raspberry, Cherry, Grape, Orange, Lime. If you bought a large one you could mix 2 up.

As for sweets, Spirmint Pacers.
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 20:53 - May 26 with 1816 viewsGuppy

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 11:00 - May 25 by Mick_S

Rare groove.

Reminds me of the song we used to sing as kids playing tag "cant catch me cant catch me for a toffee glee"
Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:08 - May 26 with 1788 viewsLblock

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 18:38 - May 25 by QPRSteve

Slush Puppies are for wimps.

Break your teeth on one of these:

My days

I remember buying those from the newsagents on Northfields Avenue as a "mob", walking to Lammas park, playing football for 2 hours and that thing would STILL be a lump of solid orange ice!

Memories

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:12 - May 26 with 1786 viewsqpr_1968

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:08 - May 26 by Lblock

My days

I remember buying those from the newsagents on Northfields Avenue as a "mob", walking to Lammas park, playing football for 2 hours and that thing would STILL be a lump of solid orange ice!

Memories

those and the super sized gob stoppers, the size of a ping pong ball, that would probably be banned for health and safety reasons now.

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:17 - May 26 with 1783 viewsLblock

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:12 - May 26 by qpr_1968

those and the super sized gob stoppers, the size of a ping pong ball, that would probably be banned for health and safety reasons now.

Am I imagining it or did they do a gob stopper decorated to look like an eyeball?

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:21 - May 26 with 1780 viewsqpr_1968

Still a sucker for sweets....excuse the pun. on 22:17 - May 26 by Lblock

Am I imagining it or did they do a gob stopper decorated to look like an eyeball?

you could be right, just before they died out they started to decorate them, I think they even had a peanut in the middle.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024