Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the soul exist 15:16 - May 28 with 1270 viewsqprxtc

Or is it all in the mind and it goes with your carcass?

Is our life ours or do we have no control over our destiny?

Does the soul exist on 15:33 - May 28 with 1248 viewsJuzzie

Once our toes curl up, we're all just dust. That's it.

No afterlife, no heaven & hell, no 7 virgins, no reincarnation, no pearly gates, no old bloke with a white beard & gown, no pitched fork devil, nothing. Just atoms.
Does the soul exist on 15:35 - May 28 with 1245 viewsBoston

Does the soul exist on 15:33 - May 28 by Juzzie

No afterlife, no heaven & hell, no 7 virgins, no reincarnation, no pearly gates, no old bloke with a white beard & gown, no pitched fork devil, nothing. Just atoms.

That’ll go down like a bomb.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Does the soul exist on 15:41 - May 28 with 1228 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ll let you know when I get there.The two places we’re supposed to go to must be pretty full up by now.Is there a 3rd choice for the undecided?
Does the soul exist on 15:44 - May 28 with 1215 views2Thomas2Bowles

I was reading that compost funerals s are the new thing.

Apparently your body and even the bones decompose within a few weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51389084

Only Dogs go to heaven over rainbow bridge.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Does the soul exist on 15:45 - May 28 with 1213 viewsNewhopphoops

Hell yeah.
Does the soul exist on 15:50 - May 28 with 1197 viewsTacticalR

Here's how a certain Dutch philosopher tried to answer this question four centuries ago in the language of his time (and got excommunicated for his trouble):

'There are not two different and originally contrary objects of investigation body and thought, but only one single object, which is the thinking body of living, real man (or other analogous being, if such exists anywhere in the Universe), only considered from two different and even opposing aspects or points of view. Living, real thinking man, the sole thinking body with which we are acquainted, does not consist of two Cartesian halves 'thought lacking a body' and a 'body lacking thought'.'

'It is not a special 'soul', installed by God in the human body as in a temporary residence, that thinks, but the body of man itself. Thought is a property, a mode of existence, of the body, the same as its extension, i.e. as its spatial configuration and position among other bodies.'
Getting older by qprxtc 16 Aug 2019 19:31
It’s a weird thing innit. You get older and look back at your life and all the things that you thought you were right about and realise it was bo11ocks and you were wrong even though you thought you were tottLly right.

Then you get older and realise what an berk you were but now you’ve learned a lesson and now you’re totally right about everything. It’s a bloomin conundrum for sure.

You live, make mistakes, learn but at no point are you ever wrong. Until you’re dead.

So is death the truest state of mind? Or is that just bo11ocks.

Anyway, Skin Deep by the Stranglers is an alimightily good sing. And that ain’t wrong.
https://youtu.be/aw9mEFn38to

Air hostess clique

Does the soul exist on 16:05 - May 28 with 1169 viewssmegma

Back to reality.........

Does the soul exist on 16:07 - May 28 with 1161 viewsSt_Pollock

When we die the atoms we're made of don't.

That's where the soul is...
Login to get fewer ads

Does the soul exist on 16:13 - May 28 with 1143 viewsJuzzie

Does the soul exist on 15:35 - May 28 by Boston

That’ll go down like a bomb.

Yup, chucked a grenade in the room and closed the door.
Does the soul exist on 16:28 - May 28 with 1100 views18StoneOfHoop

If I know I'm going to go
I'll #BombTheBridge first

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Does the soul exist on 16:44 - May 28 with 1069 viewsTomS

As Father Jack would say in a conversation like this: " That would be an ecumenical matter ".

If it gives you comfort to believe that your soul will drift up to heaven after living a good life, then good on you and I hope you continue to live a contented life. Nobody can prove that you are wrong, you can't prove you are right, it's simply a matter of belief.

Respecting such beliefs (while not necessarily being convinced that they are true) is an ideal many societies are trying to achieve. Then again, clashes between conflicting beliefs have been the excuse for an awful lot of misery in human history.
Does the soul exist on 17:03 - May 28 with 1034 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does the soul exist on 16:44 - May 28 by TomS

As Father Jack would say in a conversation like this: " That would be an ecumenical matter ".

If it gives you comfort to believe that your soul will drift up to heaven after living a good life, then good on you and I hope you continue to live a contented life. Nobody can prove that you are wrong, you can't prove you are right, it's simply a matter of belief.

Respecting such beliefs (while not necessarily being convinced that they are true) is an ideal many societies are trying to achieve. Then again, clashes between conflicting beliefs have been the excuse for an awful lot of misery in human history.

clashes between conflicting beliefs have been the excuse for an awful lot of misery in human history.

Should be the headline.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Does the soul exist on 22:50 - May 28 with 918 viewsCiderwithRsie

My soul may not exist. Your soul may not exist. His and her souls may not exist. But arseholes definitely exist.
Does the soul exist on 23:33 - May 28 with 906 viewsted_hendrix

When I shuffle off this mortal coil I'm hoping to reincarnate as a gibbon'

In my last life I was a camel with a gang of Nomadic Bedouin's searching for areas of grazing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Does the soul exist on 23:37 - May 28 with 899 viewsBoston

Does the soul exist on 23:33 - May 28 by ted_hendrix

When I shuffle off this mortal coil I'm hoping to reincarnate as a gibbon'

In my last life I was a camel with a gang of Nomadic Bedouin's searching for areas of grazing.

What made you become a human, get the hump?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Does the soul exist on 02:39 - May 29 with 866 viewstimcocking

Does the soul exist on 15:33 - May 28 by Juzzie

Is something that you could not possibly know.

Why be so certain when nobody will ever be certain?
Does the soul exist on 03:00 - May 29 with 858 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As with all things soul related, the Godfather has the answer...

[Post edited 29 May 2020 4:08]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Does the soul exist on 03:02 - May 29 with 857 viewsbob566

Does the soul exist on 02:39 - May 29 by timcocking

What I know is that even the firmist of non believers on deaths door say a little prayer. Watched a war doc on Dunkirk and the biggest non believers were saying a prayer
Does the soul exist on 03:56 - May 29 with 846 viewsFredManRave

You gotta have soul.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Does the soul exist on 07:23 - May 29 with 794 viewsJuzzie

Does the soul exist on 02:39 - May 29 by timcocking

Well, that’s the conundrum and because we don’t know, institutions (religious one’s mainly) all across the globe have been using it for centuries to control the masses, often with horrible consequences, on the hope that there might, possibly, maybe, you never know, could be something to it.
There has never, to my knowledge, been anything to prove there is. Nothing wrong in hoping, believing, wishing that there might be something once you pop your clogs but we are here for a blink of an eye so to have your entire life controlled and dictated by something that there is chance may never happen just seems bonkers to me.
I have no problem with people using this to comfort themselves, give them positive guidance in life, community spirit etc as those are all positive attributes but once that ideology gets forced upon others and it becomes destructive then it loses all value and credibility.

But of course, I’m aware I’m deviating as religion (man made institution) and the possibility of a soul are separate but they are very much intertwined.
Does the soul exist on 07:41 - May 29 with 788 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm happy to leave people to their beliefs if they as long as they're not crowing.

Met my elderly neighbour a couple of mornings ago. A lovely woman, she was taking in the sun outside her front door.

"Lovely day" says I, as I'm quite the novel conversationalist.
"Tis, thank God" she says.
"God sends a pandemic and a bit o'good weather and he's a great lad" says I.

But only to myself. She's as well to be happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does the soul exist on 08:11 - May 29 with 762 viewsToast_R

Its all outdated shite thought up by people who didn't understand enough about science at the time, mainly because the theory's and tech weren't available.

There's so many different religions in the world and followers all think they're version of it is the right one which is a bollocks in itself. It's all about brainwashing the kids really and keeping the cycle.

Enjoy your life to the max, its great to be alive and more importantly - don't be a c*nt.
Does the soul exist on 08:23 - May 29 with 747 viewsHooparoo

White boy got no soul brother

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Does the soul exist on 08:37 - May 29 with 735 viewsDannyPaddox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024