Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
re start up 00:13 - Jun 3 with 2554 viewsdigswellhoop

Please tell me im dreaming . sir les has said startinig on the date set by efl is worse than covid??? IF TRUE HE AND WARBURTON SHOULD BE SACKED if aledgedly true
re start up on 00:37 - Jun 3 with 2514 viewsTacticalR

We need to get back to footballing normality as quickly as possible and start calling for people to be sacked.

Air hostess clique

re start up on 00:42 - Jun 3 with 2502 viewsaston_hoop

You are dreaming. There we go. Back to sleep

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

re start up on 07:46 - Jun 3 with 2345 viewsDannytheR

Bring back politics.
re start up on 09:39 - Jun 3 with 2202 viewsStanisgod

re start up on 07:46 - Jun 3 by DannytheR

Bring back politics.

If Les said it why would you sack Warburton?
Explain please.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

re start up on 09:47 - Jun 3 with 2186 viewsdaveB

He said starting early is a bigger risk to players than the virus as they are more likely to gt injured than catch the virus, he was clearly not saying the start date is worse than Covid. Quotes below

“I appreciate people have lost their lives and it is a serious health issue. When football stopped, players went into lockdown. They were in isolation but at least they were healthy. So they have been OK.

“What I am saying is that we are being asked to be ready to go into a season in less than three weeks’ time.

“If that’s so, the injuries are going to pile up when the games get going.

“This could be worse for them than Covid-19 from that specific point of view. It’s a recipe for disaster.”

R’s chief executive Lee Hoos claims there was zero consultation with his club about the Championship’s restart date before it was announced on Sunday night.

He branded it “appalling” and something he is “vehemently opposed to”.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

QPR legend Ferdinand added: “I wish they had consulted our medical staff.

“I have checked with them and they were as surprised as us by these new guidelines.

“They need to be consulted because they are the best people who understand what is feasible in these circumstances.

“Look at the Bundesliga. They were ahead of us and yet the injury rate following their restart is higher than at any point in the season.

“I hope others see it the way we do and that the EFL takes this on board.

“I hope there can be an agreement and delay the restart. These are only guidelines after all.”

Championship clubs resumed training last Monday in small groups and are now moving up to full contact.
re start up on 15:00 - Jun 3 with 1994 viewsswitchingcode

re start up on 09:47 - Jun 3 by daveB

He said starting early is a bigger risk to players than the virus as they are more likely to gt injured than catch the virus, he was clearly not saying the start date is worse than Covid. Quotes below

“I appreciate people have lost their lives and it is a serious health issue. When football stopped, players went into lockdown. They were in isolation but at least they were healthy. So they have been OK.

“What I am saying is that we are being asked to be ready to go into a season in less than three weeks’ time.

“If that’s so, the injuries are going to pile up when the games get going.

“This could be worse for them than Covid-19 from that specific point of view. It’s a recipe for disaster.”

R’s chief executive Lee Hoos claims there was zero consultation with his club about the Championship’s restart date before it was announced on Sunday night.

He branded it “appalling” and something he is “vehemently opposed to”.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

QPR legend Ferdinand added: “I wish they had consulted our medical staff.

“I have checked with them and they were as surprised as us by these new guidelines.

“They need to be consulted because they are the best people who understand what is feasible in these circumstances.

“Look at the Bundesliga. They were ahead of us and yet the injury rate following their restart is higher than at any point in the season.

“I hope others see it the way we do and that the EFL takes this on board.

“I hope there can be an agreement and delay the restart. These are only guidelines after all.”

Championship clubs resumed training last Monday in small groups and are now moving up to full contact.

Thomas Frank was on Sky this morning and asked about his thoughts after what Warburton had said in the week about being too early.He said they were keen to get started and thought 13 th of June had been mentioned about the return date so they have another week to prepare wonder what the real problem is?Dont know what’s so special about your medical staff that the EFL have to get direction from them.
re start up on 15:18 - Jun 3 with 1944 viewsCorbyQPR

I wish they'd stop moaning, get their heads down & get on with it. Personally I thought it was really poor we were all over the press with this. Its the same for all teams & yet were the only ones kicking up such a fuss. All this does is give people excuses for performing below the level they should be performing at in the circumstances. Just get on with it.
re start up on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 1843 viewsdaveB

re start up on 15:00 - Jun 3 by switchingcode

Thomas Frank was on Sky this morning and asked about his thoughts after what Warburton had said in the week about being too early.He said they were keen to get started and thought 13 th of June had been mentioned about the return date so they have another week to prepare wonder what the real problem is?Dont know what’s so special about your medical staff that the EFL have to get direction from them.

Nothing special about our medical staff but facts are there if anyone is interested, chances of players injuries are higher and giving teams an extra week for contact training so they have the same build up as the premier league players seems fair. Instead the EFL know better and have made a decision without agreeing it with the clubs. I'm still not sure what the mad rush is to get started.

Lovely that your manager is happy to start with hardly any training, June 13th start would have been ridiculous, be interesting to see if his opinion changes if some of your better players get muscle injuries early on and miss big games for you
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:22]
Login to get fewer ads

re start up on 16:41 - Jun 3 with 1794 viewsStanisgod

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

re start up on 16:56 - Jun 3 with 1756 viewsswitchingcode

re start up on 16:21 - Jun 3 by daveB

Nothing special about our medical staff but facts are there if anyone is interested, chances of players injuries are higher and giving teams an extra week for contact training so they have the same build up as the premier league players seems fair. Instead the EFL know better and have made a decision without agreeing it with the clubs. I'm still not sure what the mad rush is to get started.

Lovely that your manager is happy to start with hardly any training, June 13th start would have been ridiculous, be interesting to see if his opinion changes if some of your better players get muscle injuries early on and miss big games for you
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 16:22]

We have been back in training for over 2 weeks like most clubs so with over 2 more weeks to go can’t see what the problem is.Wouldnt feel me with confidence if my club was crying about it.
re start up on 17:06 - Jun 3 with 1725 viewskingo

re start up on 16:56 - Jun 3 by switchingcode

We have been back in training for over 2 weeks like most clubs so with over 2 more weeks to go can’t see what the problem is.Wouldnt feel me with confidence if my club was crying about it.

I will laugh my head off if you pick up a few injuries and blow your chances, same with Leeds. Just letting the thought of the Prem get in the way of some common sense.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

re start up on 17:15 - Jun 3 with 1701 viewsrobith

re start up on 17:22 - Jun 3 with 1687 viewsPinnerPaul

Also as trained and paid professional athletes with access to either a large garden, private gym facilities or, assuming no one in household affected, the outside world, I would hope that they have maintained their basic fitness while in lockdown.

If, as Dave said, our objection is down to wanting another ONE week of contact training, the choice of words such as 'appalling' from our club is frankly.....appalling!

50,000 dead and we are kicking up a fuss about an increased risk of MUSCLE 'injury'

If the last few months hasn't confirmed it already, the world has gone mad!
re start up on 17:57 - Jun 3 with 1638 viewsdaveB

they are talking about contact training which didn't start until yesterday
re start up on 17:58 - Jun 3 with 1634 viewsdaveB

re start up on 17:22 - Jun 3 by PinnerPaul

Also as trained and paid professional athletes with access to either a large garden, private gym facilities or, assuming no one in household affected, the outside world, I would hope that they have maintained their basic fitness while in lockdown.

If, as Dave said, our objection is down to wanting another ONE week of contact training, the choice of words such as 'appalling' from our club is frankly.....appalling!

50,000 dead and we are kicking up a fuss about an increased risk of MUSCLE 'injury'

If the last few months hasn't confirmed it already, the world has gone mad!

the comment of appalling was due to the EFL not consulting with the clubs.

They have said countless times it's not an issue with players basic fitness but to prepare what are supposed to be top level athletes to compete with 2 and a half weeks notice seems mad to me. The Premier league clubs got 4 weeks contact training so why are we going with only 3?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 18:01]
re start up on 20:29 - Jun 3 with 1522 viewsrsonist

"Just get on with it" really is the new [political slogan redacted]
re start up on 00:24 - Jun 4 with 1415 viewssmegma

Thomas was also very FRANK when he admitted you had a 'shitty ground'.......
re start up on 00:35 - Jun 4 with 1409 viewsdistortR

what's so special about our forum that you have to get direction from it?
There must be lots of..............oh, hang on...............maybe not
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 0:37]
re start up on 00:38 - Jun 4 with 1401 viewsmarkrtid

Have no fear.
A favorable prognosis would be to count sheep at bedtime as they can be a large group of animals, especially hoofed mammals, that live together or are kept together as livestock. A herd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024