Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half Decent Films 07:45 - Jun 3 with 3142 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watched 'Mudbound' last night on Netflix.

Two families - one black and one white - struggle to make a living in deeply racist Mississippi during and after WW2.

Good script, fine acting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half Decent Films on 13:47 - Jun 15 with 548 viewsdannyblue

Half Decent Films on 20:26 - Jun 5 by BlackCrowe

Uncut Gems on netflix. Flippin' eck, who knew Ben Stiller was such an actor....tour de force.

And Julia Fox!
Half Decent Films on 14:27 - Jun 15 with 497 viewsPeterHucker

for any fans of the Sergio Leone / Clint Eastwood westerns, Sad Hill Remembered is a great documentary on Netflix.
Half Decent Films on 08:28 - Jun 17 with 389 viewsNewhopphoops

I rewatched Fury last night and it perfectly meets the thread title. It flip flops between glamourizing the war and hard realism, leaving an incoherent whole. But Chris Waddle is surprisingly excelllent in the lead role.
Half Decent Films on 08:55 - Jun 17 with 367 viewsWatford_Ranger

Some decent docs on the BT Sport app. Really enjoyed the one about Wimbledon (crazy gang not tennis) as someone who didn’t grow up with it. Fashanu if there were any doubt before comes across as totally unhinged and just a dreadful person.
Half Decent Films on 13:43 - Jun 17 with 326 viewsGaryT

I normally check out the reviews on IMDB to decide if a film will be worth watching but didn't with Thanks For Sharing. I found it on Amazon, saw the list of actors and thought "it can't be that bad with that lot in it". It turned out to be pretty good and then I saw it was only 6.4 on IMDB which I wouldn't have bothered with had I checked beforehand. So for a half decent film that you could easily overlook, I nominate this one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024