Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? 12:16 - Jun 11 with 3205 viewsJAPRANGERS

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1294406/hand-luggage-flights-governmen

Who the hell is going to fly anymore? Crazy!😮
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:28 - Jun 11 with 3163 viewsNorthernr

Is that in case anybody packs a bottle of Covid in their backpack and decides to crack it open midflight? Hopefully usual Daily Express nonsense.
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 3121 viewsJuzzie

UK holidays will probably boom.

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 3080 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Apart from when I spent 2 months in South Africa I only ever take a rucksack when away.

Simply because I hate waiting at the merry-go-round for my case. It's like being in a crowded pub with shit service.

What are you gonna do with the duty-frees? They all be clunking around in plastic bags in the overheads.

Hopefully it's a load of rubbish.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:47]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:47 - Jun 11 with 3067 viewsNorthernr

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:45 - Jun 11 by Metallica_Hoop

Apart from when I spent 2 months in South Africa I only ever take a rucksack when away.

Simply because I hate waiting at the merry-go-round for my case. It's like being in a crowded pub with shit service.

What are you gonna do with the duty-frees? They all be clunking around in plastic bags in the overheads.

Hopefully it's a load of rubbish.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:47]

Just some filler for the Express until they get to their prime...
SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS OF SNOW
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
KILLER BLIZZARDS HEAD FOR UK
50 DAYS OF PERPETUAL DARKNESS
... September material.
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:58 - Jun 11 with 3042 viewsMrSheen

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:47 - Jun 11 by Northernr

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

The Express is the ranting lunatic in the bus station. Does anyone still buy it?
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 13:43 - Jun 11 with 2944 viewsR_from_afar

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:58 - Jun 11 by MrSheen

The Express is the ranting lunatic in the bus station. Does anyone still buy it?

My mum does

I continue to try to steer her towards something else. I have pushed the i but the breakthrough is yet to come, unfortunately.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 13:57 - Jun 11 with 2910 viewsslmrstid

Maybe its the Government's way of assisting the airline industry on the sly...don't give them a financial bailout, but ban hand luggage so everyone has to pay extra to put it in the hold...
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:03 - Jun 11 with 2887 viewsloftboy

Good, hand luggage is a pain in the arse, I always check my case into the hold and then sit back in my seat watching people battling to get a space in the overhead locker near to where they’re sitting, I recon anyone without hand luggage should be allowed off the plane first this missing the scrummage at the gate of people trying to retrieve their stuff.
Never had a long wait at the baggage reclaim for my case.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:08 - Jun 11 with 2882 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:58 - Jun 11 by MrSheen

My Mum as well, and the Mail.

She's that generation of Irish woman who thinks "the royals do a good job, to be fair" , "Thatcher was at least a real leader, whatever you thought of her" and "ah, there;s too many immigrants in London now" ignoring the fact that she's an immigrant who married an immigrant.

The family get together tomorrow night for the first time in three months. Can't wait to meet the batty ol' Tory!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:13 - Jun 11 with 2869 viewsJAPRANGERS

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

That’s brilliant Clive!
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:23 - Jun 11 with 2850 viewsbosh67

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

Aren't these the first 5 tracks on the new Radiohead album?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 2846 viewsNorthernr

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:13 - Jun 11 by JAPRANGERS

That’s brilliant Clive!

Private Eye have done bits on the guy that writes them actually. Can't find it online but it's a guy called Nathan Rao who I think used to work for the Express then left to go freelance - freelance which consists entirely of selling junk weather stories back to the Express for a mark up.

Channel 4 weather guy took him to task over a typically brilliant BRITAIN BRACES FOR DOUBLE-VORTEX SUPER-TEMPEST story...

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/channel-4-weather-takes-aim-at-utter-garbage-dail

and more here (sorry, it's the guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/apr/09/daily-express-
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 15:30 - Jun 11 with 2782 viewssmegma

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

You forgot 'who killed Princess Diana'
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 15:32 - Jun 11 with 2776 viewssmegma

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:08 - Jun 11 by BrianMcCarthy

She's that generation of Irish woman who thinks "the royals do a good job, to be fair" , "Thatcher was at least a real leader, whatever you thought of her" and "ah, there;s too many immigrants in London now" ignoring the fact that she's an immigrant who married an immigrant.

The family get together tomorrow night for the first time in three months. Can't wait to meet the batty ol' Tory!

Yeah, you foreigners, you come over here.......
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 16:10 - Jun 11 with 2709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 15:32 - Jun 11 by smegma

Yeah, you foreigners, you come over here.......

...drink your beer....and, well, that's about it.

Ironically, I'm a Tan myself. Colindale's finest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 16:26 - Jun 11 with 2682 viewsNewhopphoops

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by Northernr

Private Eye have done bits on the guy that writes them actually. Can't find it online but it's a guy called Nathan Rao who I think used to work for the Express then left to go freelance - freelance which consists entirely of selling junk weather stories back to the Express for a mark up.

Channel 4 weather guy took him to task over a typically brilliant BRITAIN BRACES FOR DOUBLE-VORTEX SUPER-TEMPEST story...

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/channel-4-weather-takes-aim-at-utter-garbage-dail

and more here (sorry, it's the guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2015/apr/09/daily-express-

Those stories are brilliant, the apocalyptic headlines always gradually peter out to light drizzle as the article progresses e.g. "Tropical Cyclone 10 heads for Britain: Atlantic SUPERSTORM to spark UK 'monsoon' next week" ends with "We expect a cloudy start to next week, with patchy rain possible, but also some warm sunshine in the east."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/848519/Tropical-Cyclone-10-weather-foreca
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 10:36 - Jun 13 with 2456 viewsPaddyhoops

I read an article in the Gaurdian the other day
In which the writer basically pointed out that we shouldn't be travelling abroad anyway.
Fair point, however as I've forked out nearly two grand so far on a holiday that might not even go ahead or the other possibility that it will and we'll face a two week quarantine when we return, which we can't afford anyway.
His suggestion was to take a holiday in Skegness instead.
I'll take my chances in Cyprus mate. I'm a lot less likely to pick it up there than I am in Skegness!!
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 10:45 - Jun 13 with 2440 viewsPaddyhoops

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

Bless them, they ran out of shit to say after Diana conspiracy theories contributed to 15 years of front pages.
A truly dreadful newspaper!!
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 10:53 - Jun 13 with 2431 viewsPaddyhoops

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 14:08 - Jun 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Good luck with that Brian. She obviously didn't read the editorials back in the day which saw the Irish as second class citizens and probably still do!!
Mind you my late mum and countless others Irish mammies were big fans of old Liz!!
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 11:14 - Jun 13 with 2411 viewsNorthernr

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 10:36 - Jun 13 by Paddyhoops

In which the writer basically pointed out that we shouldn't be travelling abroad anyway.
Fair point, however as I've forked out nearly two grand so far on a holiday that might not even go ahead or the other possibility that it will and we'll face a two week quarantine when we return, which we can't afford anyway.
I'll take my chances in Cyprus mate. I'm a lot less likely to pick it up there than I am in Skegness!!

Fck. That.
Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 11:32 - Jun 13 with 2397 viewsBoston

SIX MONTHS OF WINTER
NEW ICE AGE APPROACHING
... September material.

Do they have any input at the BBC?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 11:37 - Jun 13 with 2390 viewsBoston

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 10:36 - Jun 13 by Paddyhoops

When, or if the pubs and restaurants ever open maybe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:48 - Jun 13 with 2337 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suspect it’s bollards!

What about those that need to carry: laptops and other electrical items; medical equipment; and stuff for babies? It’s bad enough clearing formalities now, but imagine the delays if you’ve got to go through your stow in more depth?

If you’ve ever seen how your luggage gets tossed around, then your hardly going to want fragile items in stow or, put valuables in the way of tempted light fingers. That said, the airlines will be looking at ever more inventive ways to prize more money out of your wallet.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:56 - Jun 13 with 2334 viewstimcocking

Hand Luggage to be banned on flights? on 12:48 - Jun 13 by PlanetHonneywood

I suspect it’s bollards!

What about those that need to carry: laptops and other electrical items; medical equipment; and stuff for babies? It’s bad enough clearing formalities now, but imagine the delays if you’ve got to go through your stow in more depth?

If you’ve ever seen how your luggage gets tossed around, then your hardly going to want fragile items in stow or, put valuables in the way of tempted light fingers. That said, the airlines will be looking at ever more inventive ways to prize more money out of your wallet.

Yes. It's a clear case of 'hey, we've come up with a cunning new way to rob a few more quid, er, i mean, keep our passengers safer...'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024