Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCTV wifi 10:43 - Jun 13 with 2141 viewsJuzzie

Been thinking about having one of these to look over my motorbike and partners scooter that we keep in our front garden.

Ive seen some wifi ones but they only offer cloud storage on subscription or have a SD card slot.

I have a 1TB WD external hard drive that’s connected to wifi so just need a cctv camera unit i can set up and footage just gets stored on that.

Have any of you helpful people got a set up like this and can recommend a camera that’ll do this?

Thanks!

[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 10:54]
CCTV wifi on 11:04 - Jun 13 with 2111 viewsLblock

I'm using the BlinkXT2 system with varying degrees of success

It's far, far better than the Ring system I had previously and the picture quality pretty good with very good trigger sensor.
A few drawbacks are some motions missed that I know have happened but hese are few and far between.

For the money paid I'm very happy and the cloud storage is FREE with all you need to do is check and delete anything you don't need on a regular basis
Available from Screwfix

Good luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

CCTV wifi on 11:21 - Jun 13 with 2085 views2Thomas2Bowles

You may be better off with motion alarms fitted to the bikes a lot less hassle and instant awareness if in earshot and a lot cheaper.

Watching your bikes being knicked a few hours after the event is not going to be fun

Best chain and locks I had when I had a M-bike but not cheap, but how much are your bikes worth?

https://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 11:23]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

CCTV wifi on 11:32 - Jun 13 with 2056 viewsQPR_Jim

I like my nest outdoor cams, they're good quality and relatively easy to install. The new subscription seems to be cheaper too. I've not used any other systems so don't know how it compares, I got them because I already had the thermostat and smoke alarms which are also good. The GF want's me to get the doorbell too now as well.

Unfortunately the nest aware security system isn't available in the UK yet as that would give you more options for protecting your home.
CCTV wifi on 11:56 - Jun 13 with 2038 viewsJuzzie

Cheers!

The bikes are covered and chained to the wall (both have top end chains and Oxford locks, one with motion alarm) but the cover on my bike (Honda CB500X) was lifted yesterday and I dont think it was the wind. Have heard of Almax and they are really good and blooming expensive! But yes, how much is one’s bike worth......

We have a wall all around and the only way out is through a gap that only one person could get through and my bike fits with an inch or so either side to spare due to wide handlebars. It would be quite tricky to get them out without creating a disturbance (our bedroom is directly above) but they are crafty feckers these days.

As with anything, you can only do as much as you can. Kind of hoping that a visible cctv camera will act as a further deterrent.

Just seen this on Amazon, don’t look too bad;

Wireless Outdoor Security Camera, ieGeek CCTV WIFI Camera, 1080P HD Video IP Camera with 180-Day Rechargeable Battery Life, Two-way Talk, SD Card/Cloud Storage, 65ft Night Vision, PIR Motion Detection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08737DZ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ecl5EbF8A0HYD

[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 11:58]
CCTV wifi on 12:06 - Jun 13 with 2013 views2Thomas2Bowles

CCTV wifi on 11:56 - Jun 13 by Juzzie

Cheers!

The bikes are covered and chained to the wall (both have top end chains and Oxford locks, one with motion alarm) but the cover on my bike (Honda CB500X) was lifted yesterday and I dont think it was the wind. Have heard of Almax and they are really good and blooming expensive! But yes, how much is one’s bike worth......

We have a wall all around and the only way out is through a gap that only one person could get through and my bike fits with an inch or so either side to spare due to wide handlebars. It would be quite tricky to get them out without creating a disturbance (our bedroom is directly above) but they are crafty feckers these days.

As with anything, you can only do as much as you can. Kind of hoping that a visible cctv camera will act as a further deterrent.

Just seen this on Amazon, don’t look too bad;

Wireless Outdoor Security Camera, ieGeek CCTV WIFI Camera, 1080P HD Video IP Camera with 180-Day Rechargeable Battery Life, Two-way Talk, SD Card/Cloud Storage, 65ft Night Vision, PIR Motion Detection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08737DZ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ecl5EbF8A0HYD

[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 11:58]

Looks ok. Battery-powered so may or may not be a good thing.

CCTV wifi on 12:15 - Jun 13 with 1999 viewsJuzzie

CCTV wifi on 12:06 - Jun 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Looks ok. Battery-powered so may or may not be a good thing.

They can last for a few months depending on useage. I could install the camera just outside the bedroom window so i’d just unclip it to plug in and recharge.
CCTV wifi on 12:26 - Jun 13 with 1980 views2Thomas2Bowles

CCTV wifi on 12:15 - Jun 13 by Juzzie

They can last for a few months depending on useage. I could install the camera just outside the bedroom window so i’d just unclip it to plug in and recharge.

I think it's a new model so no reviews on Youtube.

Older models look ok but wired to modem.

CCTV wifi on 12:33 - Jun 13 with 1959 views2Thomas2Bowles

This may be it but not much of a review

[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 12:46]

Login to get fewer ads

CCTV wifi on 13:03 - Jun 25 with 1724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Did you get this?

CCTV wifi on 13:27 - Jun 25 with 1669 viewsBakes

I have EZVIZ WiFi cameras, one looking out over at my garage and one looking at the driveway

£39.99 from Argos, I put a cheap SD card in and it is fantastic. The app is great, you can set it up via the app to alert you when it detects motion.

They are indoor cameras so I sit them on the window sills pointing outside.

Highly recommend

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

CCTV wifi on 13:39 - Jun 25 with 1656 viewsted_hendrix

CCTV wifi on 11:04 - Jun 13 by Lblock

It's far, far better than the Ring system I had previously and the picture quality pretty good with very good trigger sensor.
A few drawbacks are some motions missed that I know have happened but hese are few and far between.

For the money paid I'm very happy and the cloud storage is FREE with all you need to do is check and delete anything you don't need on a regular basis
Available from Screwfix

Good luck

The new house we bought last year has the Ring doorbell fitted as a standard, tbh I didn't take it to seriously and got fed up with my phone telling me every now and then that there was motion at my front door, I never subscribed as I couldn't be bothered, however what I will say is the picture quality was first class easily ten out of ten.
Ring still send me e-mails telling me when my door bell battery is down to 30% although I haven't opened an account with them.
Like most things you can get add ons that work with the doorbell, additional cameras etcetera and I'm also in the market for a WiFi burglar alarm for the house at the moment, the Wifi in this house is lightning quick so the motion sensors are just placed around the rooms (no hard wiring).

We've got the Nest system running our hot water and central heating upstairs and downstairs are now called zones. The Missus shouted at me the other day "where are you" I shouted back "I'm in zone 1"

Feck me I can't keep up with all this gobbledygook.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

CCTV wifi on 13:55 - Jun 25 with 1622 viewsRanger_Things

CCTV wifi on 11:04 - Jun 13 by Lblock

Available from Screwfix

Good luck

I bought the same system as a quic k fix with the intention of replacing with a proper bells and whistles setup when I'd done some research. However it worked so well I ended up just adding a few more Blink cameras. Amazon do a deal every couple of months which works out at aro und £60 a camera. Can't really go wrong at that price.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024