Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton Top Man 12:33 - Jun 15 with 3746 viewsHoops1975

Hey all just to let you know if you didn't already what a top man we have in charge at the club.
I had a heart attack last weekend and was recovering in hospital pretty low when I received a video get well message from Mark Warburton wishing me a speedy recovery it's these little things that give you a real boost when you are down and with any luck i'll get to thank him personally sometime.
The club is great for doing this and have been doing it for years even when Ray Wilkins was our manager he came down personally to St Mary's Hospital Paddington to spend time with my friend who was dying with cancer so top marks and thumbs up to all involved at the club these gestures really are a boost.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:35 - Jun 15 with 2973 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He did the same to the family of a friend who died earlier in the year too.

We are not a boutique club after all.

Hope you are on the mend.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:37 - Jun 15 with 2960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hope you're well, Hoops.

As for Warburton, nah......not having it. I stubbed my toe over the weekend and it really hurt. No sign of him. Calls himself the Gaffer??

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:38 - Jun 15 with 2945 viewskensalriser

Get well soon. Let's hope MW can give you another boost on Saturday.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:45 - Jun 15 with 2898 viewsHoops1975

Cheers all i'm home now taking it easy for a bit but that result the weekend did me no favours for sure !
Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:46 - Jun 15 with 2886 viewsQPR_Jim

Thanks for putting that up, it's nice to hear about some of the good work the club does that often gets unseen by many.

I hope you are recovering well.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:54 - Jun 15 with 2853 viewsLoftgirl

Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:37 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Hope you're well, Hoops.

As for Warburton, nah......not having it. I stubbed my toe over the weekend and it really hurt. No sign of him. Calls himself the Gaffer??

I agree. I had a tooth out on Saturday. Does he care? Obviously not. Anyone would think he was busy.
Seriously, as proud as I've ever been to support the Rangers.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 13:00 - Jun 15 with 2792 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well done to him and hope you recover soon.

Crap manager mind no wins for 3 months.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:41 - Jun 15 with 2572 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mark Warburton Top Man on 12:35 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

He did the same to the family of a friend who died earlier in the year too.

We are not a boutique club after all.

Hope you are on the mend.

isn't this exactly what a boutique club would do? Personal service, the personal touch?
;)

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:43 - Jun 15 with 2564 viewsqprd

Thanks for sharing

All the best, mate. Wishing you a speedy recovery
Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:49 - Jun 15 with 2542 viewsRangersDave

& fortunately they did bugger all for my dad, 82 years old, 4th gen rangers fan, going to HQ since 52, very ill, then died.

Wrote to chairman, CEO, press officer, the lot. Never even got the courtesy of a reply from them.
Ok it was 2 and a bit years ago, but FCUK they did not even answer a mail (letters with a stamp and e-mails)

Bitter taste left in my mouth, that one.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 2510 viewsqpr_1968

speedy recovery hoops, was it stents they put in, if so your be running the marathon next year.

top man warbs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 2511 viewsSnipper

Sorry to hear about your heart attack Hoops1975. A very scary time for you and your family. Getting a personal video message from our manager is the perfect tonic. Things like that show what a top bloke we have in charge. Wishing you a speedy recovery fella.

RangersDave, we are a completely different club now compared to two and a half years ago. I perfectly understand your anger though. I’d be feeling the same.

If I ever get to meet either of you in the future, I’d love to buy you both a drink or two.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:35 - Jun 15 with 2401 viewsnix

Hope you feel better soon Hoops. Nice story.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:35 - Jun 15 with 2400 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Get well soon fella.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:48 - Jun 15 with 2365 viewswestberksr

get well soon Hoops.

My Dad answered the phone to some weird bloke called Andy Sinton the other day; part of the club calling all of the older fans to see how they are.

My Dad being shite on the phone & prone to telling strangers to piss off didn't really get what was going on & my mum is barking in his other ear "don't give him any bank details" until she took the phone off him and the penny finally dropped; lovely touch by the club even if slightly wasted on my shouty father!
Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:52 - Jun 15 with 2355 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:48 - Jun 15 by westberksr

get well soon Hoops.

My Dad answered the phone to some weird bloke called Andy Sinton the other day; part of the club calling all of the older fans to see how they are.

My Dad being shite on the phone & prone to telling strangers to piss off didn't really get what was going on & my mum is barking in his other ear "don't give him any bank details" until she took the phone off him and the penny finally dropped; lovely touch by the club even if slightly wasted on my shouty father!

Excellent!

Early in the lockdown wasn't there a story that Warburton rang an elderly R to check up on him and was greeted with "Hello? Warburton? Right, what's going on with the zonal defending at corners?".

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:10 - Jun 15 with 2274 viewsnix

Mark Warburton Top Man on 15:52 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent!

Early in the lockdown wasn't there a story that Warburton rang an elderly R to check up on him and was greeted with "Hello? Warburton? Right, what's going on with the zonal defending at corners?".

Ha!

Didn't one of the players enquire if Warburton was going to call Rangel, as well as other older fans?
Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:12 - Jun 15 with 2265 viewsHoops1975

Mark Warburton Top Man on 14:57 - Jun 15 by qpr_1968

speedy recovery hoops, was it stents they put in, if so your be running the marathon next year.

top man warbs.

Yep one stent due to return for another in 3 months time forget the running !
Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:22 - Jun 15 with 2240 viewsRangersDave

Sorry Hoops,

Wrong of me to hijack your thread and ever wronger ;-) to not wish you a speedy recovery.
Apologies and thoughts with you mate
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:23 - Jun 15 with 2233 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:12 - Jun 15 by Hoops1975

Good to hear, Hoops. Amazing medical advancements,
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 16:24]

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:30 - Jun 15 with 2211 viewsqpr_1968

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:12 - Jun 15 by Hoops1975

I had one put in through the groin, you watch them doing it on a screen but morphined up to the eyeballs. he finished that after 30 minutes and said I would have to come back to have another one put in, but persuaded him to do it there and then.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Mark Warburton Top Man on 17:01 - Jun 15 with 2152 viewsHoops1975

Mark Warburton Top Man on 16:22 - Jun 15 by RangersDave

Sorry Hoops,

Wrong of me to hijack your thread and ever wronger ;-) to not wish you a speedy recovery.
Apologies and thoughts with you mate
Dave

No probs Dave cheers for the best wishes !
Mark Warburton Top Man on 17:11 - Jun 15 with 2120 viewsHantsR

Hope you're recovering ok Hoops and trust that knowing the goodwill you'll have from us and the club will help lift you if you're still feeling a bit low.

As far as MW is concerned; agreed, top man as far as I'm concerned and I was delighted to shake hands with him when I took my grandson to his first match.
Mark Warburton Top Man on 18:02 - Jun 15 with 2040 viewsDevon_4_England

Get well soon Hoops
Mark Warburton Top Man on 18:30 - Jun 15 with 1976 viewsMickS

Onwards and upwards mate. Good luck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024