Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy 08:51 - Jun 17 with 4079 viewsMedwayR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53075900

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:11 - Jun 17 with 4039 viewsNewhopphoops

Yet another home defeat to Fulham.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/1144770.stm

Karlheinz Reidle bagged their second, before a legendary night up west with Konk and Karl no doubt.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:33 - Jun 17 with 3977 viewsDorse

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:11 - Jun 17 by Newhopphoops

Yet another home defeat to Fulham.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/1144770.stm

Karlheinz Reidle bagged their second, before a legendary night up west with Konk and Karl no doubt.

Ah yes, a bottle of 1811 Château D'Yquem at the club, discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon before retiring to the lounge for cigars.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:38 - Jun 17 with 3953 viewsToast_R

The famous game where both Clarke Carlise and Richard Langley arguaby our two best players - both suffered ACL injuries.

Carlisle has battled with mental illness ever since.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 10:12 - Jun 17 with 3885 viewstheselector

First time I saw Crouch was a pre season friendly at Brentford. How we laughed when he came off the bench. We were singing "sign him up" by the end (he was on trial from Spurs at the time). Still, he didn't have to do much to stand out from the pile of poo that made up the rest of our squad then.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:03 - Jun 17 with 3799 viewsJuzzie

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 10:12 - Jun 17 by theselector

First time I saw Crouch was a pre season friendly at Brentford. How we laughed when he came off the bench. We were singing "sign him up" by the end (he was on trial from Spurs at the time). Still, he didn't have to do much to stand out from the pile of poo that made up the rest of our squad then.

I remember Fulham fans ripped the piss out of him on forums etc, even doing a strip-cartoon mocking his height (would they do they same if he was black?).

Yet he went on to play for top clubs and England & scoring in World Cups.

Don't recall many Fulham players doing all that.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:06 - Jun 17 with 3794 viewsKonk

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:33 - Jun 17 by Dorse

Ah yes, a bottle of 1811 Château D'Yquem at the club, discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon before retiring to the lounge for cigars.

I had a great day! A very funny all-dayer around Westbourne Park and Ladbroke Grove, a great steak and chips for my dinner, Ludo's amazing keeping, and 3 points for the whites. Good times.

Bumped into Karl (Lagerfeld) coming out after the game. Jumped in a cab with him, Reidle (still in his kit) and a couple of my lot, and went for a late drink at the Goethe Institut, where we gate-crashed a talk on Immanuel Kant. Karl had flown in that morning and had a carrier bag full of complementary miniatures, which he'd stashed in some bushes near the ground. I was quite interested in the talk, but Karl was getting progressively drunk, heckling and making a bit of a nuisance of himself. No idea what was said as it was in German, but after a brief standoff with the German Ambassador, we left.
Went there for another talk a few years later, and it still had "Fashion is Fulham - Fulham is fashion" written on the khazi door. Legend.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:14 - Jun 17 with 3767 viewsdaveB

I was at that game, genuine laughter from fans when he came on but looked good. I wasn't that sad when he left as I thought he would end up another Brett Angel type player but what a career he ended up having
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 12:27 - Jun 17 with 3600 viewsNewhopphoops

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:06 - Jun 17 by Konk

I had a great day! A very funny all-dayer around Westbourne Park and Ladbroke Grove, a great steak and chips for my dinner, Ludo's amazing keeping, and 3 points for the whites. Good times.

Bumped into Karl (Lagerfeld) coming out after the game. Jumped in a cab with him, Reidle (still in his kit) and a couple of my lot, and went for a late drink at the Goethe Institut, where we gate-crashed a talk on Immanuel Kant. Karl had flown in that morning and had a carrier bag full of complementary miniatures, which he'd stashed in some bushes near the ground. I was quite interested in the talk, but Karl was getting progressively drunk, heckling and making a bit of a nuisance of himself. No idea what was said as it was in German, but after a brief standoff with the German Ambassador, we left.
Went there for another talk a few years later, and it still had "Fashion is Fulham - Fulham is fashion" written on the khazi door. Legend.

All ending up, as it always seemed to, at the Tiroler Hut in Westbourne Grove.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 12:39 - Jun 17 with 3572 viewsRs_Holy

... I've never known a reaction like it when a player came on as a sub.
Its as if everyone took a sharp intake of breath, then silence for around 2-3 seconds, then the sound of everyone talking loudly to eachother with hysterical bouts of laughter coming from various places. You could tell within 5 minutes he was destined for greater things.
I would say that the rest of the QPR squad was very limited apart from Leon Jeanne who showed that he really should have been destined for greater things.... but I think we've done that subject on numerous occasions.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 12:44 - Jun 17 with 3559 viewsRs_Holy

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 09:38 - Jun 17 by Toast_R

The famous game where both Clarke Carlise and Richard Langley arguaby our two best players - both suffered ACL injuries.

Carlisle has battled with mental illness ever since.

when they both went off was the moment that I knew we were going down that season... I still went to Huddersfield tho... bloody Delroy Facey
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 12:49 - Jun 17 with 3546 viewsR_from_afar

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:06 - Jun 17 by Konk

Your lot had to slum it a bit back in those dark days before the arrival of the gin bar
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/07/the-clubhouse-opened

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 12:59 - Jun 17 with 3518 viewsPlanetHonneywood

‘He’s one of our own, he’s one of our own, street artist Banksy, he’s one of our own’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 14:16 - Jun 17 with 3387 viewsPaddyhoops

Love to see one of Banksy artistic creations
On the subject of QPR.
He wouldn't be lacking in material to come up with
a masterpiece!!
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 14:19 - Jun 17 with 3380 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 11:14 - Jun 17 by daveB

I was at that game, genuine laughter from fans when he came on but looked good. I wasn't that sad when he left as I thought he would end up another Brett Angel type player but what a career he ended up having

God dave, i now remember you being quite anti-Crouch at the time!
I thought after a slow start he was obviously destined for much better things. A volley v the Gills turned his season and from then was by miles our best player.

I still remember the noise when he used to get up to warm up - a noise i never heard at a football ground before, and it was everyone turning to each other and saying 'look at that guy!' It was completely bizarre. I used to feel really sorry for him, it was like a freak show. An incredible character though to become a national treasure. Lovely man.

I also remember that game for the two cruciates. We deserved to go down that season, but jesus christ we had some bad luck there.

Bare bones.

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 19:05 - Jun 17 with 3125 viewsDiggertheMole

2001 -1 - 1 away draw - Stuart Wardley equaliser and Forest fans throughout chanting "Freak,Freak,Freak" at Crouchie. Often wondered what they chanted at him in an England shirt.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 19:15 - Jun 17 with 3108 viewsPunteR

Team ROBBO!!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 00:26 - Jun 18 with 2861 viewsKiwi76

Slight tangent but just listened to a Louis Theroux podcast with Troy Deeney - comes across a pretty sound bloke who’s realised he was becoming a bit of a dick & sorted himself out or at least is trying to.
Grounded is podcast series & if you like his TV will be worth a listen.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 01:13 - Jun 18 with 2847 viewstimcocking

I was pleased to read this.
QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 07:45 - Jun 18 with 2754 viewsOutWestR

QPR, Louis Theroux & Banksy on 00:26 - Jun 18 by Kiwi76

Slight tangent but just listened to a Louis Theroux podcast with Troy Deeney - comes across a pretty sound bloke who’s realised he was becoming a bit of a dick & sorted himself out or at least is trying to.
Grounded is podcast series & if you like his TV will be worth a listen.

I agree Kiwi, an interesting listen. I knew nothing about Deeney before listening and I thought he was really honest when talking about his past. Think it helped that Louis isn’t a football fan so the interview was less cliche filled as sports interviews often can be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08grz6g
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024