Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow 19:09 - Jun 17 with 2406 viewseastside_r

Promoted back to the Football League after decades away. Congratulations.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 19:39 - Jun 17 with 2348 viewsstowmarketrange

Let’s hope we don’t get them away in the league cup 2nd round.Save it for a Saturday in January or February.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 19:56 - Jun 17 with 2304 viewsWatford_Ranger

Barnet absolutely blagging their way into the playoffs.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 20:12 - Jun 17 with 2268 viewsSonofNorfolt

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 19:56 - Jun 17 by Watford_Ranger

Barnet absolutely blagging their way into the playoffs.

Where hopefully they will lose and have to face the wrath of Wealdstone next season.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 20:47 - Jun 17 with 2201 viewsBoston

Good luck to Barrow. I remember their relegation(well, decision to send them down) and Hereford coming up, for some reason I/we were quite happy about it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:03 - Jun 17 with 2182 viewsdavman

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 19:39 - Jun 17 by stowmarketrange

Let’s hope we don’t get them away in the league cup 2nd round.Save it for a Saturday in January or February.

Local games only in the League Cup 2nd round. For those of you who know me an evening game there would be a RESULT!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:08 - Jun 17 with 2170 viewsbollockchops

saw them play twice this season,Rooneys younger brother scores most of the goals
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:20 - Jun 17 with 2135 viewsstowmarketrange

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 20:47 - Jun 17 by Boston

Good luck to Barrow. I remember their relegation(well, decision to send them down) and Hereford coming up, for some reason I/we were quite happy about it.

At least promotion and relegation from the bottom league is determined on the pitch more these days rather than in the boardrooms of the other clubs in the same division.Look at the teams that were thrown out in the late 60’s and 70’s.Mostly teams from places that were hard to get to,like barrow,Workington and Southport.
And the 3 teams that came up were Wimbledon,Hereford and Wigan if I remember rightly.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:41 - Jun 17 with 2110 viewsBoston

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:20 - Jun 17 by stowmarketrange

At least promotion and relegation from the bottom league is determined on the pitch more these days rather than in the boardrooms of the other clubs in the same division.Look at the teams that were thrown out in the late 60’s and 70’s.Mostly teams from places that were hard to get to,like barrow,Workington and Southport.
And the 3 teams that came up were Wimbledon,Hereford and Wigan if I remember rightly.

We have the right to work..ington.

Login to get fewer ads

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:47 - Jun 17 with 2098 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I heard they like to push up from the back.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:50 - Jun 17 with 2085 viewsBoston

Who could ever forget Ian Evatt? Truthfully, me. But a quick wiki and - December 2005 a penalty is awarded to the R's away at Stoke City. The Stoke player is sent off prompting a 'Potteries Type' to run on the field and attack our man Evatt, knocking him to the ground where he punched him!
The City fan was charged with and found guilty of assault, resulting in a three year ban.

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 2082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:50 - Jun 17 by Boston

Who could ever forget Ian Evatt? Truthfully, me. But a quick wiki and - December 2005 a penalty is awarded to the R's away at Stoke City. The Stoke player is sent off prompting a 'Potteries Type' to run on the field and attack our man Evatt, knocking him to the ground where he punched him!
The City fan was charged with and found guilty of assault, resulting in a three year ban.

I thought it was Simon Royce that got attacked?
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:54 - Jun 17 with 2076 viewsBoston

...and, I suddenly realize, Evatt has been in charge at Barrow for two years, with this promotion he's unlikely to get the 'sack barrow'
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 21:55]

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 2067 viewsBoston

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:52 - Jun 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

You thought Royce got rolled?

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 22:33 - Jun 17 with 2017 viewsBoston

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 21:52 - Jun 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another Wiki and yes, there it is, Royce attacked by Stoke City fan, leaving me to wonder did any Rangers player go untouched by this deranged potter?

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 22:59 - Jun 17 with 1991 viewsaston_hoop

Do we start re-writing history now to have him down as a club legend just in case he works his way up the leagues like the new Chris Wilder?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 23:22 - Jun 17 with 1966 viewsDWQPR

I thought the sweetest irony in recent years was the promotion of Accrington Stanley at the expense of Oxford United who happened to be the club that replaced Accrington in 1963 when they went bust.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 10:04 - Jun 18 with 1813 viewsterryb

I've no uidea why, but I've had a soft spot for Barrow going back to the '60's.

At one time I could name all of their side and watched them at Warford a couple of times in the third division. I also saw them at Colchester in the Conference.

A few seasons back they played at Chesham in the Trophy & they brought at least 200 supporters with them. A lot of them were drinking in the same pub as me (I was going to Rangers rather than The Meadow) & they were great company.

Welcome back Barrow. It's taken nearly 50 years, but the ghosts of Colin Appleton & Fred Else can npw rest in peace!
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 10:31 - Jun 18 with 1790 viewsMrSheen

There's a great tale here about a nightmare trip for Gillingham to Barrow in 1961.

https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK01-AbandonedMatches.htm

We want you to play a midweek game at Barrow, but they don't have floodlights. Good luck.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 12:15 - Jun 18 with 1727 viewssmegma

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 22:33 - Jun 17 by Boston

Another Wiki and yes, there it is, Royce attacked by Stoke City fan, leaving me to wonder did any Rangers player go untouched by this deranged potter?

And QPR got fined.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 12:51 - Jun 18 with 1693 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 12:15 - Jun 18 by smegma

And QPR got fined.

Shouldn’t have headbutted the blokes knuckles then should we.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 14:35 - Jun 18 with 1647 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 23:22 - Jun 17 by DWQPR

I thought the sweetest irony in recent years was the promotion of Accrington Stanley at the expense of Oxford United who happened to be the club that replaced Accrington in 1963 when they went bust.

Mate, how do you remember things like this? I can’t even remember the score of our last game.
Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 14:53 - Jun 18 with 1638 viewsBoston

Ex-R Ian Evatt & Barrow on 23:22 - Jun 17 by DWQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024