Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lack of var 22:15 - Jun 17 with 3339 viewsdigswellhoop

Yes var didnt work at villa game great to see .How footy should be played
lack of var on 22:55 - Jun 17 with 2637 viewsLythamR

i notice the computer tracking showing the position of the ball and goal line as a computer graphic didnt come up but surely VAR didnt need that to intervene, its almost as obvious as our ghost goal at Bolton
lack of var on 23:17 - Jun 17 with 2616 viewsdaveB

nothing to do with VAR was hawkeye that failed, the refs inability to trust what he saw and act like a robot looking at his watch sums up where refs are going wrong imo. He should have used VAR and gone to the monitor and watched it
lack of var on 00:19 - Jun 18 with 2571 viewsLythamR

lack of var on 23:17 - Jun 17 by daveB

nothing to do with VAR was hawkeye that failed, the refs inability to trust what he saw and act like a robot looking at his watch sums up where refs are going wrong imo. He should have used VAR and gone to the monitor and watched it

shouldnt VAR have been onto the Ref?

otherwise whats the point!
lack of var on 02:23 - Jun 18 with 2531 viewsbob566

Agree. That could cost mega millions if they miss out on European football by a point
lack of var on 07:07 - Jun 18 with 2440 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

lack of var on 02:23 - Jun 18 by bob566

Agree. That could cost mega millions if they miss out on European football by a point

Normally I'd agree with you but in the current circumstances I'm not sure Sheffield Utd will be that bothered about missing out on Europa League. Probably be a logistical nightmare as well as all the extra fixtures so might be a blessing.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

lack of var on 07:42 - Jun 18 with 2402 viewstraininvain

lack of var on 02:23 - Jun 18 by bob566

What about the cost to whoever goes down if Villa stay up by a point? Can they sue hawk eye?

I doubt we’ve heard the last of this.
lack of var on 08:09 - Jun 18 with 2368 viewsdistortR

with goal line technology being pretty much faultless in the past, i can understand why the ref presumed it hadn't gone in.
VAR on the other hand..............
lack of var on 08:53 - Jun 18 with 2316 viewsdaveB

lack of var on 00:19 - Jun 18 by LythamR

Yes they should but VAR is shit
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 8:54]
Login to get fewer ads

lack of var on 10:51 - Jun 18 with 2226 viewsthame_hoops

lack of var on 08:09 - Jun 18 by distortR

with goal line technology being pretty much faultless in the past, i can understand why the ref presumed it hadn't gone in.
VAR on the other hand..............

yep, really dont understand it. VAR is there to correct obvious errors (mainly) so why didn't the VAR team have a word with the ref like they would usually do? Baffling
lack of var on 11:26 - Jun 18 with 2180 viewsdaveB

lack of var on 10:51 - Jun 18 by thame_hoops

yep, really dont understand it. VAR is there to correct obvious errors (mainly) so why didn't the VAR team have a word with the ref like they would usually do? Baffling

think the issue was that they trust 100% the hawkeye technology so even though it looked a goal they assumed it must be right. I thought Carragher had it right last night that this was the first mistake in 9000 games so if they continue that record it's still miles better than what we had before
lack of var on 13:16 - Jun 18 with 2126 viewsPinnerPaul

lack of var on 00:19 - Jun 18 by LythamR

Yep I agree.

You can't expect MO and the others to think - 'OK this is the first time in 9,000 matches that Hawkeye has failed, I'm going to overrule it' However you CAN blame Paul Tierney (VAR) in Stockley Park - why he isn't screaming at MO I really have no idea!
lack of var on 13:18 - Jun 18 with 2122 viewsPinnerPaul

lack of var on 11:26 - Jun 18 by daveB

think the issue was that they trust 100% the hawkeye technology so even though it looked a goal they assumed it must be right. I thought Carragher had it right last night that this was the first mistake in 9000 games so if they continue that record it's still miles better than what we had before

but like any technology, not infallible.

It should always be used as an aid, not as a 100% foolproof alternative to your own eyes!
lack of var on 13:31 - Jun 18 with 2102 viewsEastR

lack of var on 13:18 - Jun 18 by PinnerPaul

but like any technology, not infallible.

It should always be used as an aid, not as a 100% foolproof alternative to your own eyes!

Agreed, even if the back up to the back failed

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

lack of var on 08:51 - Jul 28 with 1869 viewstraininvain

lack of var on 07:42 - Jun 18 by traininvain

What about the cost to whoever goes down if Villa stay up by a point? Can they sue hawk eye?

I doubt we’ve heard the last of this.

Surprised more hasn’t been made of this. Bournemouth and Watford must have a strong case against the goal line tech company?
lack of var on 09:03 - Jul 28 with 1841 viewsfrancisbowles

lack of var on 08:51 - Jul 28 by traininvain

Surprised more hasn’t been made of this. Bournemouth and Watford must have a strong case against the goal line tech company?

Do they?

What guarantees come with goal line technology?

What is in the small print?

Is it an aid or a solution?

What part did human error play?

What exclusion or exemption clauses are in the contract?
lack of var on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 1806 viewstraininvain

lack of var on 09:03 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

Do they?

What guarantees come with goal line technology?

What is in the small print?

Is it an aid or a solution?

What part did human error play?

What exclusion or exemption clauses are in the contract?

Obviously I don’t have that answers to your questions. But looks like we’ll find out soon enough: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/27/bournemou

Feels like a bit of an open goal for the relegated clubs given the money at stake and bearing in mind the precedent set by Sheff Utd getting a payoff after they were relegated by Tevez/West Ham.
lack of var on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 1743 viewsstowmarketrange

If the boot was on the other foot,and it was villa getting relegated because Bournemouth got a point in those circumstances we would never hear the end of it.
lack of var on 14:26 - Jul 28 with 1633 viewsPinnerPaul

and the 38 games they actually played themselves?
lack of var on 14:31 - Jul 28 with 1625 viewsPinnerPaul

There are disclaimers in the LOTG, basically absolving the officials of any liability, if any 'mistake' leads to consequences for the 'wronged' team - no idea if it has ever been tested in a court of law though.

Here is the relevant wording from LOTG 20/21

. Liability of match officials
A referee or other match official is not held liable for:
- any kind of injury suffered by a player, official or spectator
- any damage to property of any kind
- any other loss suffered by any individual, club, company, association or other
body, which is due or which may be due to any decision taken under the
terms of the Laws of the Game or in respect of the normal procedures
required to hold, play and control a match
Such decisions may include a decision:
- that the condition of the field of play or its surrounds or that the weather
conditions are such as to allow or not to allow a match to take place
- to abandon a match for whatever reason
- as to the suitability of the field equipment and ball used during a match
- to stop or not to stop a match due to spectator interference or any problem
in spectator areas
- to stop or not to stop play to allow an injured player to be removed from the
field of play for treatment
- to require an injured player to be removed from the field of play for
treatment
- to allow or not to allow a player to wear certain clothing or equipment
- where the referee has the authority, to allow or not to allow any persons
(including team or stadium officials, security officers, photographers or
other media representatives) to be present in the vicinity of the field of play
- any other decision taken in accordance with the Laws of the Game or in
conformity with their duties under the terms of FIFA, confederation, national
football association or competition rules or regulations under which the
match is played
lack of var on 14:34 - Jul 28 with 1617 viewsPinnerPaul

Final thought - there have been numerous 'wrong' decisions in the combined 114 matches played by Watford, Bournemouth and Aston Villa this season.

Can all the clubs go back and claim 'compensation' for each 'mistake'?

Its not going to happen is it?
lack of var on 16:11 - Jul 28 with 1547 viewstimcocking

lack of var on 14:34 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

Final thought - there have been numerous 'wrong' decisions in the combined 114 matches played by Watford, Bournemouth and Aston Villa this season.

No.

It is a really nasty, painful way to go down though. Thank Christ that didn't happen to us, although we've suffered almost everything else.

So typical the most pivotal error of all helped the 'big' team relegate the 'small' team, If only it'd been the other way around, i'd be delighted.
lack of var on 20:05 - Jul 28 with 1501 viewsJuzzie

Lets claim the goal at Norwich in 76 that was offside should not have been awarded and Liverpool to be stripped of that title and awarded to us.
lack of var on 20:16 - Jul 28 with 1486 viewstraininvain

lack of var on 14:34 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

I’m not sure whether it’ll happen but I do know that if QPR were relegated in the same circumstances I’d be fuming.

It nearly happened to us with Clint Hill’s ‘goal’ away at Bolton. Goal line technology was introduced to stop such mistakes and it’s now directly contributed to a team getting relegated.

I get that humans make mistakes but goal line technology was supposed to be full proof and now a team has been relegated because it didn’t work properly.

The worst part is the ref probably would’ve given the goal if the technology wasn’t there as it was so blatantly over the line but his watch didn’t buzz so no goal.

I’m not blaming the ref in any way btw but I do think it’s an absolute p1ss take what happened.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:17]
lack of var on 20:35 - Jul 28 with 1453 viewsStanisgod

lack of var on 14:31 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

There are disclaimers in the LOTG, basically absolving the officials of any liability, if any 'mistake' leads to consequences for the 'wronged' team - no idea if it has ever been tested in a court of law though.

Here is the relevant wording from LOTG 20/21

. Liability of match officials
A referee or other match official is not held liable for:
- any kind of injury suffered by a player, official or spectator
- any damage to property of any kind
- any other loss suffered by any individual, club, company, association or other
body, which is due or which may be due to any decision taken under the
terms of the Laws of the Game or in respect of the normal procedures
required to hold, play and control a match
Such decisions may include a decision:
- that the condition of the field of play or its surrounds or that the weather
conditions are such as to allow or not to allow a match to take place
- to abandon a match for whatever reason
- as to the suitability of the field equipment and ball used during a match
- to stop or not to stop a match due to spectator interference or any problem
in spectator areas
- to stop or not to stop play to allow an injured player to be removed from the
field of play for treatment
- to require an injured player to be removed from the field of play for
treatment
- to allow or not to allow a player to wear certain clothing or equipment
- where the referee has the authority, to allow or not to allow any persons
(including team or stadium officials, security officers, photographers or
other media representatives) to be present in the vicinity of the field of play
- any other decision taken in accordance with the Laws of the Game or in
conformity with their duties under the terms of FIFA, confederation, national
football association or competition rules or regulations under which the
match is played

I can't understand why more players don't take up reffing, especially as it looks like the only job in the whole world that you can f@ck up as much as you want with no culpability whatsoever.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:36]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

lack of var on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 1388 viewsQPR_John

lack of var on 20:16 - Jul 28 by traininvain

I’m not sure whether it’ll happen but I do know that if QPR were relegated in the same circumstances I’d be fuming.

It nearly happened to us with Clint Hill’s ‘goal’ away at Bolton. Goal line technology was introduced to stop such mistakes and it’s now directly contributed to a team getting relegated.

I get that humans make mistakes but goal line technology was supposed to be full proof and now a team has been relegated because it didn’t work properly.

The worst part is the ref probably would’ve given the goal if the technology wasn’t there as it was so blatantly over the line but his watch didn’t buzz so no goal.

I’m not blaming the ref in any way btw but I do think it’s an absolute p1ss take what happened.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:17]

"The worst part is the ref probably would’ve given the goal if the technology wasn’t there as it was so blatantly over the line but his watch didn’t buzz so no goal. "

You have a very good point there. He was instructed by VAR not aided.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024