Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To much messing around! 15:06 - Jun 21 with 3556 viewsconnell10

The game yesterday was to me like a glorified friendly
Far to much stop start and water breaks. This is gonna be a struggle for me to watch.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

To much messing around! on 15:21 - Jun 21 with 2742 viewsfrancisbowles

Unfortunately, it is what you have to put up with when a winter sport is played in the summer. In June there is just too much sun and therefore too much heat. It is necessary for safety of sportsman not to get too dehydrated.

It should put a stop to those who want to switch the football calendar and have nothing to do on cold winter's afternoons.
To much messing around! on 15:47 - Jun 21 with 2693 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

To much messing around! on 16:09 - Jun 21 with 2649 viewsconnell10

To much messing around! on 15:47 - Jun 21 by TacticalR

It's me Rubber ti ti daddy! Frying tonight!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

To much messing around! on 16:15 - Jun 21 with 2626 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think it's hard to avoid this.
1. We're now playing in midsummer and it's a good observation by francisbowles that it has an effect
2. No crowd to gee the players up - we like to think we make a difference and chances are we are seeing that we do
3. Interruption to season leading to lack of match fitness and mental readiness - Hoos was very vocal about lack of proper notice, sounds like he knew we weren't ready
4. Fact is we are mid-table and don't have a lot to play for.
To much messing around! on 16:34 - Jun 21 with 2578 viewsdodge_stoke_r

To much messing around! on 16:15 - Jun 21 by CiderwithRsie

1. We're now playing in midsummer and it's a good observation by francisbowles that it has an effect
2. No crowd to gee the players up - we like to think we make a difference and chances are we are seeing that we do
3. Interruption to season leading to lack of match fitness and mental readiness - Hoos was very vocal about lack of proper notice, sounds like he knew we weren't ready

To be fair. Barnsley didnt seem to need a crowd to get them going
To much messing around! on 18:55 - Jun 21 with 2439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 16:34 - Jun 21 by dodge_stoke_r

To be fair. Barnsley didnt seem to need a crowd to get them going

Exactly,

Sorry, folks, but the players can have no excuse for yesterday. We can and should forgive dips in form, confidence and performance. We can not and should not excuse lack of fitness, preparation, professionalism, work-rate and/or desire. And we were lacking in some if not all of those departments.

Unacceptable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

To much messing around! on 21:45 - Jun 21 with 2300 viewsderbyhoop

The only side to win at home yesterday were Blackburn.
Perhaps BCD removes home advantage.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

To much messing around! on 21:50 - Jun 21 with 2293 viewsNorthernr

It was the same before lockdown, Warburton says it a lot - when we play and move the ball quickly, we're a good side. When we don't, we're fcking hopeless and very easy to nullify.
Login to get fewer ads

To much messing around! on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 2271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To much messing around! on 21:50 - Jun 21 by Northernr

It was the same before lockdown, Warburton says it a lot - when we play and move the ball quickly, we're a good side. When we don't, we're fcking hopeless and very easy to nullify.

That's a fair point, without doubt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

To much messing around! on 22:20 - Jun 21 with 2255 viewsBoston

To much messing around! on 18:55 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly,

Sorry, folks, but the players can have no excuse for yesterday. We can and should forgive dips in form, confidence and performance. We can not and should not excuse lack of fitness, preparation, professionalism, work-rate and/or desire. And we were lacking in some if not all of those departments.

Unacceptable.

Magaluf, steak & chips, Only Fools and Horses.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

To much messing around! on 22:53 - Jun 21 with 2211 viewsbosh67

To much messing around! on 21:50 - Jun 21 by Northernr

Yes it's something we need to work on. I would love another 5-6 points to see off this season. I watched Crystal Palace hustle and swamp a poor Bournemouth yesterday and thought we really need to have that kind of discipline and organisation combined with the attacking football style. Everyone knew their job in that Crystal Palace side yesterday and how to keep shape but then break with real venom. We can break with venom (not yesterday) but we seem to lack the discipline to stay in shape if teams counter back on us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

To much messing around! on 23:10 - Jun 21 with 2193 viewsNorthernr

To much messing around! on 22:53 - Jun 21 by bosh67

Yes it's something we need to work on. I would love another 5-6 points to see off this season. I watched Crystal Palace hustle and swamp a poor Bournemouth yesterday and thought we really need to have that kind of discipline and organisation combined with the attacking football style. Everyone knew their job in that Crystal Palace side yesterday and how to keep shape but then break with real venom. We can break with venom (not yesterday) but we seem to lack the discipline to stay in shape if teams counter back on us.

Yeh Hodgson has botched some jobs, and Bournemouth were v poor, but Simmo and I were talking about how well coached Palace looked last night. Details performance.
To much messing around! on 00:28 - Jun 22 with 2147 viewskensalriser

Hodgson has done an excellent job at Palace, no doubt about it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

To much messing around! on 00:35 - Jun 22 with 2136 viewsqpr_1968

To much messing around! on 00:28 - Jun 22 by kensalriser

Hodgson has done an excellent job at Palace, no doubt about it.

agree, looked organised and well trained.
gotta be down to hodgson.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

To much messing around! on 07:09 - Jun 22 with 2055 viewsdistortR

Know what? It's not just the players, I can't do it.
Tried watching a game on telly, gave up after 5 minutes. Lasted a bit longer on the radio, but not much.
Friendlies? Ramping up for the new season, seeing new players, meeting up with mates, knowing what to expect, I can do that, but not this abomination.
I would have ended it all now and spent the summer pissing myself laughing at leeds and liverpool. the greater good, 'n all that.
To much messing around! on 08:26 - Jun 22 with 1971 viewstraininvain

To much messing around! on 07:09 - Jun 22 by distortR

Know what? It's not just the players, I can't do it.
Tried watching a game on telly, gave up after 5 minutes. Lasted a bit longer on the radio, but not much.
Friendlies? Ramping up for the new season, seeing new players, meeting up with mates, knowing what to expect, I can do that, but not this abomination.
I would have ended it all now and spent the summer pissing myself laughing at leeds and liverpool. the greater good, 'n all that.

It’s far from ideal or anything approaching normal (what is normal this year?!) but it’s better than nothing imho.

Life without football is even more dull than watching games without supporters. It’s the lesser of two evils. And ultimately, if people really hate it then don’t watch!
To much messing around! on 08:29 - Jun 22 with 1960 viewsR_from_afar

I wonder if letting Hall and Pugh go is also a contributory factor. Shedding players at the time we did, especially when they are experienced pros who are usually in the matchday squad when fit, does not send the message that the club is serious about going all out for the play-offs.

I know why we let them go and it does not excuse lack of effort and poor preparation, I just think it may also play a role.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

To much messing around! on 09:13 - Jun 22 with 1908 viewssmegma

To much messing around! on 16:15 - Jun 21 by CiderwithRsie

The under 23s play 5 home games every season at Loftus Road with no crowd noise whatsoever, I don’t recall them playing as bad as that on Saturday.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:10]
To much messing around! on 09:59 - Jun 22 with 1863 viewsKonk

To much messing around! on 23:10 - Jun 21 by Northernr

Yeh Hodgson has botched some jobs, and Bournemouth were v poor, but Simmo and I were talking about how well coached Palace looked last night. Details performance.

Hodgson is brilliant at mid-ranking clubs who's players are willing to buy into his methods. Fulham, WBA and Palace fans think he's ace. Every Fulham player said that when he first came in, training drove them nuts because it was so repetitive - endless drills until everyone understood their role in the side and where they needed to be when in/out of possession. When results started improving, they began to realise he was on to something.

Our two games against a fantastic Shaktar Donetsk illustrated this brilliantly - never seen a team dominate possession or pass the ball with such precision - in the first half of the first leg it seemed like they spent about 30 minutes in our area. It was relentless. it was like the Harlem Globetrotters, but we went through because of our defensive organisation and decent breaks.

We played some great football under Roy and Ray Lewington, but the most important thing was probably the defensive organisation. Legend.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

To much messing around! on 10:18 - Jun 22 with 1826 viewsfrancisbowles

When he retires from managing, get him in as a defensive coach.
To much messing around! on 10:19 - Jun 22 with 1820 viewssmegma

To much messing around! on 09:59 - Jun 22 by Konk

Hodgson is brilliant at mid-ranking clubs who's players are willing to buy into his methods. Fulham, WBA and Palace fans think he's ace. Every Fulham player said that when he first came in, training drove them nuts because it was so repetitive - endless drills until everyone understood their role in the side and where they needed to be when in/out of possession. When results started improving, they began to realise he was on to something.

Our two games against a fantastic Shaktar Donetsk illustrated this brilliantly - never seen a team dominate possession or pass the ball with such precision - in the first half of the first leg it seemed like they spent about 30 minutes in our area. It was relentless. it was like the Harlem Globetrotters, but we went through because of our defensive organisation and decent breaks.

We played some great football under Roy and Ray Lewington, but the most important thing was probably the defensive organisation. Legend.

And Hodgson is the man that decided Harry Kane should take all England corners at Euro 2016. The same man that picked Charlie Austen and Tom Heaton for the England games in Dublin and Lubjiana in 2015. For the game in Dublin he chose 3 forwards who between them had scored less Premier League goals that season than Austen had in a relegated team. Neither Austen or Heston got a minute on the pitch in the two games.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:41]
To much messing around! on 10:35 - Jun 22 with 1793 viewsKonk

"Hodgson is brilliant at mid-ranking clubs who's players are willing to buy into his methods. Fulham, WBA and Palace fans think he's ace."

No arguments that things didn't work out with England, but he and Ray Lew have done a brilliant job at 3 mid-sized, traditionally bottom-half Premier League clubs. Love the bloke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

To much messing around! on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 1790 viewsdaveB

One comfort i took from the weekend was that it wasn't just us who looked lethargic and not ready, i think only 4/5 sides I saw looked ready and most games were played at a really slow pace. Barnsley were the only side I saw who started a game quickly and it really worked for them. Maybe it will get better the more they play but it really felt like a pre season game
To much messing around! on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 1751 viewskensalriser

It was back to the ponderous build up play and failure to control possession that's been such an achilles heel over the last few years, mostly before Warburton to be fair to him.

I'm by no means one of those given to yelling GET IT FORWARD every time a player thinks on the ball, but by god some of that was painful on Saturday. How about putting a free kick from distance in to the area once in a while instead of circulating it back to the keeper? Same with throw ins, more often backwards than forwards. Fine if we're turning it in to Barcelona style attacks, but mostly we just end up losing it in midfield.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:59]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

To much messing around! on 11:17 - Jun 22 with 1718 viewssmegma

To much messing around! on 10:56 - Jun 22 by kensalriser

It was back to the ponderous build up play and failure to control possession that's been such an achilles heel over the last few years, mostly before Warburton to be fair to him.

I'm by no means one of those given to yelling GET IT FORWARD every time a player thinks on the ball, but by god some of that was painful on Saturday. How about putting a free kick from distance in to the area once in a while instead of circulating it back to the keeper? Same with throw ins, more often backwards than forwards. Fine if we're turning it in to Barcelona style attacks, but mostly we just end up losing it in midfield.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:59]

Our strategy seemed to be give it to Barbet or Kelly and go long ball. Every bloody time. I don’t think Chair or Amos touched the ball first half as it was literally over their heads every time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024