Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fist bumping players 19:55 - Jun 24 with 1111 viewsGloucs_R

What's the point of footballers fist bumping each other when they still go around hugging each other? 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fist bumping players on 07:02 - Jun 25 with 980 viewsNorthernr

There's so much that's so ridiculous about it all. My personal favourite is 75 minutes of contact sport, smashing into each other, grabbing shirts, jostling at corners, spitting, all with players you aren't quarantined with and haven't seen for months, then once you're substituted it's onto a socially distanced bench 2m away from your team mates with a mask on.
Fist bumping players on 08:03 - Jun 25 with 935 viewsJuzzie

Norwich and Everton managers shook hands at the finsl whistle.
Fist bumping players on 11:26 - Jun 25 with 856 viewstimcocking

Fist bumping players on 08:03 - Jun 25 by Juzzie

As they should...
Fist bumping players on 11:50 - Jun 25 with 825 viewspaulparker

This fist bump/elbow bump thing will become the new fad in the premier league even after the virus

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fist bumping players on 11:56 - Jun 25 with 807 viewsJuzzie

Fist bumping players on 11:26 - Jun 25 by timcocking

As they should...

They're not allowed to though.
Fist bumping players on 12:58 - Jun 25 with 758 viewsGloucs_R

Fist bumping players on 08:03 - Jun 25 by Juzzie

They hugged too....

I can't hug my Gran yet 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fist bumping players on 13:14 - Jun 25 with 728 viewsdaveB

Fist bumping players on 07:02 - Jun 25 by Northernr

There's so much that's so ridiculous about it all. My personal favourite is 75 minutes of contact sport, smashing into each other, grabbing shirts, jostling at corners, spitting, all with players you aren't quarantined with and haven't seen for months, then once you're substituted it's onto a socially distanced bench 2m away from your team mates with a mask on.

It's all about reducing risk, running around a field when you have tested negative for the virus is fine, kick or hug as much as you like, the virus is not going to be passed on by grabbing a shirt or kicking someone.

The virus does live on surfaces such as chairs on a bench and can be passed on through coughing in close proximity or talking, laughing etc when spittle comes out so putting several people close to each other on the bench would be a bigger risk which is why they are sitting 2m apart on the sidelines
Fist bumping players on 13:15 - Jun 25 with 723 viewsdaveB

Fist bumping players on 12:58 - Jun 25 by Gloucs_R

They hugged too....

you can hug your gran as much as you like but it is a risk to her so it's upto you the pair of you if you want to take that risk or not
Login to get fewer ads

Fist bumping players on 13:32 - Jun 25 with 704 viewsqprd

Fist bumping players on 07:02 - Jun 25 by Northernr

I agree it’s useless in terms of reducing the risk amongst the players

Having said that, I think it’s an important social signal that hopefully others will follow- no where near enough people in this country wear masks in public, so if seeing a few players, physios and refs wearing face masks normalises it and encourages more people to wear masks, I’m all for it. Similarly, hopefully it reminds the public of the importance of continuing to socially distance
Fist bumping players on 21:08 - Jun 25 with 626 viewsMatch82

Fist bumping players on 12:58 - Jun 25 by Gloucs_R

They hugged too....

How are her man management skills and tactical acumen? Sounds like there might be an opening at Burnley soon
Fist bumping players on 00:20 - Jun 26 with 543 viewsBoston

Still raise an eyebrow that there used to be communal baths!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fist bumping players on 06:54 - Jun 26 with 493 viewstraininvain

They’re only human! Not sure what people expect. This is a strange situation for footballers too and I’m sure they’ll make mistakes in the heat of the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024