Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road 20:46 - Jun 24 with 3661 viewsHastings_Hoops

I have just asked the fans forum whether there is a possibility of relocating supporters within Loftus Road:

Away fans in (say) blocks T to X, accessed off of Ellerslie Road: Worse facilities (water pressure to name but one!!!).

Family Stand moved to School End: Accessed off of South Africa Road via the club shop entrance, player entrance etc - much more family orientated. Number of seats in the lower tier is probably suitably sized for our family season ticket uptake? Roof covers most of the seats as well.

Loftus Road and R block for home fans: R block accessed off of Loftus Road end.

Surely this makes sense?
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 20:51 - Jun 24 with 2740 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thought lack of entrances/fire exits in Ellerslie was the issue, not to mention reduced capacity somewhere near the halfway line and we’d probably end up moving the away fans back behind the goal whenever they were bringing more than 2000 or so.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:02 - Jun 24 with 2691 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 20:51 - Jun 24 by Watford_Ranger

Thought lack of entrances/fire exits in Ellerslie was the issue, not to mention reduced capacity somewhere near the halfway line and we’d probably end up moving the away fans back behind the goal whenever they were bringing more than 2000 or so.

Eplerslie holds circa 4500 fans. School end just under 3000.

If the away fans were allocated 2/3 of Ellerslie (as original post, T - X block), it would be the same.

Ellerslie would be accessed in precisely the same way, but with away fans using it.

R block accessed via Loftus Road lower.

...shouldn’t make any difference?
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:05 - Jun 24 with 2676 viewsNov77

isn't the reason they don't want our fans in the school end lower because away fans upstairs keep lobbing stuff/gobbing on the fans below.

always thought that they missed a trick in not having lower school end as ours, that way we've got 360 degrees of the ground covered with our fans. also, it looks particularly crap every time we score a goal down that end. Trevor's goal of the century was greeted by a couple of reluctant Barnsley clapping and that was it.

can't they put some sort of canopy over the lower school end, would be perfect as a family section then return the lower loft to how it used to be. keep the away fans upstairs school end only.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:07 - Jun 24 with 2672 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:05 - Jun 24 by Nov77

isn't the reason they don't want our fans in the school end lower because away fans upstairs keep lobbing stuff/gobbing on the fans below.

always thought that they missed a trick in not having lower school end as ours, that way we've got 360 degrees of the ground covered with our fans. also, it looks particularly crap every time we score a goal down that end. Trevor's goal of the century was greeted by a couple of reluctant Barnsley clapping and that was it.

can't they put some sort of canopy over the lower school end, would be perfect as a family section then return the lower loft to how it used to be. keep the away fans upstairs school end only.

In my suggestion, I’m proposing moving away fans to 2/3 of Ellerslie. Home fans in upper and lower school end.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:17 - Jun 24 with 2626 viewsNov77

as a long term inhabitant of ellerslie, wouldn't like to see it go to away fans. t and v blocks offer the best views in the ground imho, sun never in your eyes, rain doesn't seem to blow in like it does SAR.

I think we only have to offer away fans 10% of capacity which is pretty much school end upper. keep them up there as far away from the pitch as possible!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:19 - Jun 24 with 2617 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:17 - Jun 24 by Nov77

as a long term inhabitant of ellerslie, wouldn't like to see it go to away fans. t and v blocks offer the best views in the ground imho, sun never in your eyes, rain doesn't seem to blow in like it does SAR.

I think we only have to offer away fans 10% of capacity which is pretty much school end upper. keep them up there as far away from the pitch as possible!

Would be great to get the Loft End back and if the school end (upper and lower) for family stand unlocks that, surely its worth a move to SAR upper or R block?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 21:23]
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:27 - Jun 24 with 2587 viewsdanehoop

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:19 - Jun 24 by Hastings_Hoops

Would be great to get the Loft End back and if the school end (upper and lower) for family stand unlocks that, surely its worth a move to SAR upper or R block?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 21:23]

I have a strange feeling your suggestion will be filed under *sigh*

Never knowingly understood

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:30 - Jun 24 with 2583 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:27 - Jun 24 by danehoop

I have a strange feeling your suggestion will be filed under *sigh*

It probably will be, but why?
Login to get fewer ads

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:48 - Jun 24 with 2519 viewsstevec

We reward our potential future supporters with the wettest, worse view in the ground and then reflect on why the don’t come back.

It’s fairly tame in 90% of the ground these days, just integrate young supporters amongst all parts of the Rangers areas, same way I was and the same way my son was, and they’ll keep coming back.

Turn lower loft into a cheap standing area for those who prefer that option.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:53 - Jun 24 with 2506 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:48 - Jun 24 by stevec

We reward our potential future supporters with the wettest, worse view in the ground and then reflect on why the don’t come back.

It’s fairly tame in 90% of the ground these days, just integrate young supporters amongst all parts of the Rangers areas, same way I was and the same way my son was, and they’ll keep coming back.

Turn lower loft into a cheap standing area for those who prefer that option.

Totally agree.

School end is mostly under cover isn’t it? Ideal for a family stand (as well as access via club shop / SAR).

Add to that the possible rail seating - best place has to be in the lower loft where getting wet won’t matter to the hard core when it sells out every week.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 04:22 - Jun 25 with 2309 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:07 - Jun 24 by Hastings_Hoops

In my suggestion, I’m proposing moving away fans to 2/3 of Ellerslie. Home fans in upper and lower school end.

Or home fans occupy the upper school end with away fans in the lower section. Family fans are unlikely to be the sort lobbing objects below.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 4:23]
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 06:49 - Jun 25 with 2251 viewsWokingR

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:30 - Jun 24 by Hastings_Hoops

It probably will be, but why?

Because your trying to give my seat away for a start !
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 07:17 - Jun 25 with 2231 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 04:22 - Jun 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Or home fans occupy the upper school end with away fans in the lower section. Family fans are unlikely to be the sort lobbing objects below.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 4:23]

Not sure I’d want my kids directly next above the away fans though and kids prefer to be pitch side, so lower school end and upper school end for family / home support respectively.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 07:19 - Jun 25 with 2230 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 06:49 - Jun 25 by WokingR

Because your trying to give my seat away for a start !

Probably plenty of people who got turfed out of the loft for a half empty family stand would be pleased to get theirs back though? And the atmosphere would be far better for everyone to enjoy 😉
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 09:04 - Jun 25 with 2122 viewsslmrstid

T block is my block, and also right on the halfway line and as stated previously some of the best views in the ground - balls to giving that to away fans. All clubs shove away fans in where the views are the crappest so I'm quite happy doing that to others too.

The back of Ellerslie is also home to the press boxes now remember, I dont think the press would appreciate being bundled in with the away fans who would probably stand for the whole game and block their view - would make for some interesting match reports!

If people cast their minds back to the 2010/11 title winning season, in the closing months of the season there was a temporary structure that went up over the School End where away fans were in the Upper Tier and home fans in the Lower Tier, so that any missiles/objects couldnt get from top to bottom.

We only ever fill the School End lower when the team is doing well anyway.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 2071 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 09:04 - Jun 25 by slmrstid

T block is my block, and also right on the halfway line and as stated previously some of the best views in the ground - balls to giving that to away fans. All clubs shove away fans in where the views are the crappest so I'm quite happy doing that to others too.

The back of Ellerslie is also home to the press boxes now remember, I dont think the press would appreciate being bundled in with the away fans who would probably stand for the whole game and block their view - would make for some interesting match reports!

If people cast their minds back to the 2010/11 title winning season, in the closing months of the season there was a temporary structure that went up over the School End where away fans were in the Upper Tier and home fans in the Lower Tier, so that any missiles/objects couldnt get from top to bottom.

We only ever fill the School End lower when the team is doing well anyway.

Point noted, but not sure how the club unlock Loftus road lower from being the family stand without making some broader compromises and finding creative solutions. New stadium is of course the default response, but that’s at least 5 years in the making from when a site is secured - which looks a long way off right now. Something needs to be done in the short to medium term to revitalise LR.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 09:41 - Jun 25 with 2067 viewsMrSheen

Half the Lower Loft unreserved seating, £15 for Under 21s, £10 for Under 18s. Bring back going to games with your mates, not your grandad.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:45 - Jun 25 with 2008 viewsdaveB

School end is far from ideal as a family stand. Lower Loft the only stand with a large concourse, rooms for the kids to do stuff, loads of food places and a shop plus leg room. I can't see how you could have home and away fans in the Ellerslise either, only one entrance and exit just feels like a problem.

There have been arguments about what to do with the family stand for years but before it was that and lower loft was open to all until around 2012 it was half empty most weeks.

For me it's always been 2 choices, you either have it in the lower loft but open to all members and ask people not to be arseholes or you scrap it. Moving a load of ST holders from the lower loft is not going to work
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 10:47]
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 12:34 - Jun 25 with 1929 viewsKeith56

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 09:38 - Jun 25 by Hastings_Hoops

Point noted, but not sure how the club unlock Loftus road lower from being the family stand without making some broader compromises and finding creative solutions. New stadium is of course the default response, but that’s at least 5 years in the making from when a site is secured - which looks a long way off right now. Something needs to be done in the short to medium term to revitalise LR.

Not sure if you've too much time on your hands Hastings_Hoops but I don't appreciate proposing plans that would wreck my last enjoyment in football. I have been a season ticket holder in T for 50 years (53 years in total) I now sit with my daughter - enjoying the rare time spent 1 to 1 of our car journey. She is already planning where my grand daughter will be sitting with us. I have a wonderful view on the half way line, 6 rows from the front. I've sat in SAR and upper LR stands. If I had enjoyed the experience any better I would have changed years ago. I have literally grown up with the small community either side of me when our parents first took us. We have shared each others family birthdays, funerals, weddings and anniversaries. If anything like what you propose were to happen I would walk and not come back to QPR. It's a lovely sunny day and the coast must be brilliant. Why not put your thoughts to the wind farms instead.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 12:53 - Jun 25 with 1895 viewsCabdriveR

I suppose from a financial point of view the club would not want to reduce the away capacity and lose out on a guaranteed sell out when big away supports come to Loftus Road.

If the club was to make the away end the upper school only then why not make the lower school end safe standing for home fans?
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:17 - Jun 25 with 1855 viewsslmrstid

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 12:34 - Jun 25 by Keith56

Not sure if you've too much time on your hands Hastings_Hoops but I don't appreciate proposing plans that would wreck my last enjoyment in football. I have been a season ticket holder in T for 50 years (53 years in total) I now sit with my daughter - enjoying the rare time spent 1 to 1 of our car journey. She is already planning where my grand daughter will be sitting with us. I have a wonderful view on the half way line, 6 rows from the front. I've sat in SAR and upper LR stands. If I had enjoyed the experience any better I would have changed years ago. I have literally grown up with the small community either side of me when our parents first took us. We have shared each others family birthdays, funerals, weddings and anniversaries. If anything like what you propose were to happen I would walk and not come back to QPR. It's a lovely sunny day and the coast must be brilliant. Why not put your thoughts to the wind farms instead.

Hi Keith - soon as I read that I knew exactly who's posted that! I'm Simon, son of Ian, who sit just in front of you in the Ellerslie!

Hope you and the family have all kept well during this horrible period! Look forward to seeing you and Steph again when we're allowed back!
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:41 - Jun 25 with 1815 viewsstowmarketrange

Where are all these extra fans going to come from to allow us to utilise any extra seats we get?If the lower loft is turned back into an ordinary stand rather than the family stand,it will take fans from other stands which are hardly full now.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:50 - Jun 25 with 1801 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:45 - Jun 25 by daveB

School end is far from ideal as a family stand. Lower Loft the only stand with a large concourse, rooms for the kids to do stuff, loads of food places and a shop plus leg room. I can't see how you could have home and away fans in the Ellerslise either, only one entrance and exit just feels like a problem.

There have been arguments about what to do with the family stand for years but before it was that and lower loft was open to all until around 2012 it was half empty most weeks.

For me it's always been 2 choices, you either have it in the lower loft but open to all members and ask people not to be arseholes or you scrap it. Moving a load of ST holders from the lower loft is not going to work

As my original post, QPR fans in R block only, accessed off of the Loftus Road end - there is a large corridor between the two.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:50 - Jun 25 with 1799 viewsRs_Holy

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:45 - Jun 25 by daveB

I think this makes a lot of sense... particularly for mid-week games
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 1793 viewsHastings_Hoops

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 12:53 - Jun 25 by CabdriveR

I suppose from a financial point of view the club would not want to reduce the away capacity and lose out on a guaranteed sell out when big away supports come to Loftus Road.

If the club was to make the away end the upper school only then why not make the lower school end safe standing for home fans?

As my original post; Away fans get the same number of seats in Ellerslie blocks T to X.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024