Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughesless.. 12:21 - Jun 25 with 3508 viewsPhildo

is interviewing Burnley apparently
Hughesless.. on 12:25 - Jun 25 with 2731 viewsQPR_Jim

Good god, how does he even get that far.
Hughesless.. on 12:35 - Jun 25 with 2672 viewsloftus77

The preparation will be as meticulous as always I'm sure.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 12:35]
Hughesless.. on 12:38 - Jun 25 with 2656 viewsTheChef

It's now what you know it's who you know, etc.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hughesless.. on 13:51 - Jun 25 with 2504 viewsR_from_afar

The Daily Fail is saying Dyche is considering his future due to issues getting players' contracts renewed and that Lee Johnson or Hughesless are viewed by the club as potential replacements.

Surely Burnley won't be so stupid as to employ the meticulous one?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hughesless.. on 14:13 - Jun 25 with 2430 viewshoopdog

After all that hard work
Hughesless.. on 14:13 - Jun 25 with 2429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I look to Burnley as a template for how we should look in 5-10 years. If this story is true, they will regret it on Charlton / Curbishly proportions.
Hughesless.. on 14:14 - Jun 25 with 2423 viewsWrightUp5hit___

As a kind of sister story, read that Hughes accomplice Joorabachian, has a big influence on Arsenal's transfers as he has a close relationship with Head of Football Sanllehi and Technical Director, Edu.

Looking at the contracts offered and the dross they have signed, looks like he is just as toxic as ever.
Hughesless.. on 14:22 - Jun 25 with 2391 viewsDorse

Hughesless.. on 14:13 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

I look to Burnley as a template for how we should look in 5-10 years. If this story is true, they will regret it on Charlton / Curbishly proportions.

I look to Dyche as a template for how I might look in 5-10 years if I don't lower my cholesterol and stop getting triggered by things that don't matter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Hughesless.. on 14:23 - Jun 25 with 2388 viewsrsonist

Hughesless.. on 12:25 - Jun 25 by QPR_Jim

The game is Rigged...
Hughesless.. on 14:24 - Jun 25 with 2384 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hughesless.. on 14:22 - Jun 25 by Dorse

I look to Dyche as a template for how I might look in 5-10 years if I don't lower my cholesterol and stop getting triggered by things that don't matter.

A good opportunity to air this gem again. Delicious.

Hughesless.. on 14:28 - Jun 25 with 2360 viewsBucksRanger

I look to QPR as a template for how Burnley should look in 5-10 years if Hughes gets his mitts on the club.
Hughesless.. on 14:31 - Jun 25 with 2337 viewsStanisgod

Mark Hughes

The David Luiz of managers, constantly getting employed despite being sh@t at their job.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hughesless.. on 14:32 - Jun 25 with 2335 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hughesless.. on 14:28 - Jun 25 by BucksRanger

I look to QPR as a template for how Burnley should look in 5-10 years if Hughes gets his mitts on the club.

QPR 2012 or QPR 2020?

You won’t deny we’ve moved on leaps and bounds since Hughes surely?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 14:33]
Hughesless.. on 14:34 - Jun 25 with 2310 viewsterryb

Wouldn't his agent be a bit compromised?

I would have thought half of his clients would refuse to go to Burnley even if the club agreed to p*** of their fans & wished to sign them!
Hughesless.. on 14:35 - Jun 25 with 2303 viewsBucksRanger

Hughesless.. on 14:32 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR 2012 or QPR 2020?

You won’t deny we’ve moved on leaps and bounds since Hughes surely?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 14:33]

2015. I'm happy with the way things have progressed recently and that includes the return of Ian Holloway.
Hughesless.. on 14:36 - Jun 25 with 2299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where are all these incredible 30 year old managers that St George’s Park are supposed to be spawning? Is it because clubs haven’t got the bollocks to hire them?
Hughesless.. on 14:38 - Jun 25 with 2288 viewsrsonist

If you respect the Burnley model as such then really you ought to sympathise with them baulking at the demands Dyche is making on them now. Can argue that staying up and keeping him happy trumps any other consideration but expensive renewals for the likes of Hart, Lennon, Bardsley, Hendrick are eye-watering in this climate and I think they're justified in querying whether a better balance is possible.

Even Dyche himself has said it's par for the course there (Hoos would be pushing back too) - only now he seems to have had enough.

(I'm pretty much alone in defending Charlton parting ways with Curbs so I might as well keep it up now...)
Hughesless.. on 14:44 - Jun 25 with 2246 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hughesless.. on 14:38 - Jun 25 by rsonist

If you respect the Burnley model as such then really you ought to sympathise with them baulking at the demands Dyche is making on them now. Can argue that staying up and keeping him happy trumps any other consideration but expensive renewals for the likes of Hart, Lennon, Bardsley, Hendrick are eye-watering in this climate and I think they're justified in querying whether a better balance is possible.

Even Dyche himself has said it's par for the course there (Hoos would be pushing back too) - only now he seems to have had enough.

(I'm pretty much alone in defending Charlton parting ways with Curbs so I might as well keep it up now...)

Surely Dyche didn’t want to renew Hart’s contract. He dropped him in the first place. Can’t speak to the rest because I don’t know how their form has been but their ages aren’t in their favour.

Parting with Dyche is one thing, but picking someone from the Allardyce / Hughes / Pulis merry go round is madness! Would be a good club for Ainsworth if they can get over the Blackburn connection.
Hughesless.. on 14:54 - Jun 25 with 2215 viewsTheChef

Hughesless.. on 14:44 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Surely Dyche didn’t want to renew Hart’s contract. He dropped him in the first place. Can’t speak to the rest because I don’t know how their form has been but their ages aren’t in their favour.

Parting with Dyche is one thing, but picking someone from the Allardyce / Hughes / Pulis merry go round is madness! Would be a good club for Ainsworth if they can get over the Blackburn connection.

Never quite understood why they signed Hart, seemed very unlike them. Sounds like Dyche got overruled on that one?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hughesless.. on 14:58 - Jun 25 with 2201 viewsrsonist

Hughesless.. on 14:54 - Jun 25 by TheChef

Never quite understood why they signed Hart, seemed very unlike them. Sounds like Dyche got overruled on that one?

Heaton and Pope were injured at the time. Then they got big money for Heaton.
Hughesless.. on 14:59 - Jun 25 with 2189 viewsBoston

Hughesless.. on 12:25 - Jun 25 by QPR_Jim

In a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce I’m led to believe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hughesless.. on 15:09 - Jun 25 with 2174 viewsrsonist

Hughesless.. on 14:44 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agreed about Hughes of course.

Hendrick is the big sore point (though it's not like he wasn't made a competitive offer in the end), and Bardsley is seemingly integral to the dressing room.

As I say sounds like Dyche knows it's hard times ahead without too much to spend and is trying to use his leverage. Clearly he thinks the purse strings are there to be loosened.

Wouldn't be surprised if Villa haven't already been in touch waving a blank chequebook.
Hughesless.. on 15:10 - Jun 25 with 2170 viewsrsonist

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/burnley-transfer-new
However, despite the board’s wishes to see youngsters emerge, the manager is not yet convinced that some of them at the club are prepared for top-level action.

“They’re not ready yet. They’re good young pros who want to make good careers, but they haven’t had the relative experience yet.

“That’s why we’ve been stretched, because the chairman wants me to introduce the young players in and integrate them, but we don’t want to rush them in.

“We’re not in any financial difficulties, that’s for sure. We’re a very well ran club. The board have made decisions and I have said earlier, for me to question the board after seven and half years tells you a lot."
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:11]
Hughesless.. on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 2104 viewsPhildo

Hughesless.. on 15:10 - Jun 25 by rsonist

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/burnley-transfer-new
However, despite the board’s wishes to see youngsters emerge, the manager is not yet convinced that some of them at the club are prepared for top-level action.

“They’re not ready yet. They’re good young pros who want to make good careers, but they haven’t had the relative experience yet.

“That’s why we’ve been stretched, because the chairman wants me to introduce the young players in and integrate them, but we don’t want to rush them in.

“We’re not in any financial difficulties, that’s for sure. We’re a very well ran club. The board have made decisions and I have said earlier, for me to question the board after seven and half years tells you a lot."
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:11]

Its a bit like when Coach Taylor was under pressure to bring in JD McCoy (obscure Friday Night Lights re-watch reference)
Hughesless.. on 15:55 - Jun 25 with 2051 viewsEsox_Lucius

A dual head coach pairing of Steven Waxy-Lemon & Katie Hopkins would be perfect for Burnley... and a time machine to get them to 2020.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024