Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New grounds 19:18 - Jun 26 with 612 viewswessex_exile

Accepting we don't quite know the full line-up for next season, as things stand these are on my never-been list:

Barrow
Bolton (pretty sure, can't remember if I have)
Grimsby
Macclesfield
Morecambe

Doesn't matter who wins the play-off final, obviously I've been to both. As for the National League play-offs (are they actually happening, I thought they were?), Boreham Wood, Halifax, Harrogate or Stockport would be new additions to the list.

Obviously Bolton will be the big attraction for many, so what's the betting it'll be early in the season with lockdown still in force.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

New grounds on 19:34 - Jun 26 with 605 viewsgerry_us

You'll love your visit to Grimsby as long as you are aware it is 99% certain to be a Tuesday evening ko. You are most welcome to join Durham and myself for our pre-match meal at Papa's fish and chip emporium on Cleethorpes pier. Could be the summit of your U's following career!
New grounds on 19:49 - Jun 26 with 600 viewsdurham_exile

New grounds on 19:34 - Jun 26 by gerry_us

You'll love your visit to Grimsby as long as you are aware it is 99% certain to be a Tuesday evening ko. You are most welcome to join Durham and myself for our pre-match meal at Papa's fish and chip emporium on Cleethorpes pier. Could be the summit of your U's following career!

I definitely support that view, Gerry and I enjoy Papas which is absolutely superb.

It would be great to have your company Wessex.

Barrow and Bolton will be new stadia for me.

Morecambe also has a very good fish n chip restaurant near the sea front. Not as classy as Papas but good fare.

Oh and Grimsby is always a Tuesday night and often late Autumn early Winter.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New grounds on 21:24 - Jun 26 with 575 viewsthrillseeker

New grounds for me are

Barrow
FGR
Morecombe
Salford

There may be another depending on who else if anyone is promoted with Barrow.

I am annoyed I haven't yet made the bottom 3 on list

I have completed 78 of the 92 grounds
New grounds on 22:41 - Jun 26 with 558 viewsBlue4U2

New grounds on 21:24 - Jun 26 by thrillseeker

New grounds for me are

Barrow
FGR
Morecombe
Salford

There may be another depending on who else if anyone is promoted with Barrow.

I am annoyed I haven't yet made the bottom 3 on list

I have completed 78 of the 92 grounds

Isn't it just one promoted into League 2 as only 1 goes down as fall-out from the Bury saga?
New grounds on 23:08 - Jun 26 with 553 viewsGOSBTS

Though I did many Third Division away grounds as a kid following Brighton, League Two these days looks quite different than 20 years ago, so I’ll have done only 4 of the grounds before (and only one with the U’s.

My wife and I are expecting a child in January Godwilling, so my travelling capabilities will be greatly reduced! However I’d quite like to do Cambridge again and I’d love to do Orient. Roots Hall would be interesting for the spectacle but I have been there before with Brighton, albeit I was a child and don’t remember too much.

Of the teams coming up I’d expect Harrogate or Boreham Wood would be interesting! I actually went to Boreham Wood last season to watch Brighton ladies play Arsenal ladies.
New grounds on 23:47 - Jun 26 with 548 viewsdurham_exile

New grounds on 23:08 - Jun 26 by GOSBTS

Though I did many Third Division away grounds as a kid following Brighton, League Two these days looks quite different than 20 years ago, so I’ll have done only 4 of the grounds before (and only one with the U’s.

My wife and I are expecting a child in January Godwilling, so my travelling capabilities will be greatly reduced! However I’d quite like to do Cambridge again and I’d love to do Orient. Roots Hall would be interesting for the spectacle but I have been there before with Brighton, albeit I was a child and don’t remember too much.

Of the teams coming up I’d expect Harrogate or Boreham Wood would be interesting! I actually went to Boreham Wood last season to watch Brighton ladies play Arsenal ladies.

GOSBTS congratulations on your forthcoming baby.

Plenty of opportunities for new stadia providing lockdown restrictions are relaxed.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New grounds on 02:23 - Jun 27 with 540 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New grounds on 22:41 - Jun 26 by Blue4U2

Isn't it just one promoted into League 2 as only 1 goes down as fall-out from the Bury saga?

Wouldn't that leave the divison short of a club? 23 instead of 24? I thought Stevenage were definitely down and Barrow definitely up with a vote to see how the other promotion place from the Nationa League will be filled. Unless Macclesfield or another League Two go under I can't see Stevenage being saved from relegation personally.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

New grounds on 08:29 - Jun 27 with 523 viewsnoah4x4

New grounds on 02:23 - Jun 27 by RSCOSWORTH

Wouldn't that leave the divison short of a club? 23 instead of 24? I thought Stevenage were definitely down and Barrow definitely up with a vote to see how the other promotion place from the Nationa League will be filled. Unless Macclesfield or another League Two go under I can't see Stevenage being saved from relegation personally.

Isn't it four up from Division Two and only three down from Division One to resolve Bury's absence. Then only one down and one up from Conference?

Looks like Bolton will be my only new ground as I lived near Barrow for a while. There, one risks of glowing in the dark and stinking of submarine oil if you go for a paddle and forget travelling by bus given that the Chewitt's monster ate the Barrow bus station (see the TV advert) which is its best claim to fame. It's about an hour from the M6 too, incredibly inaccessible. But a long weekend in the Lake District is a good shout.

Enjoy.....

Echo the delights of Grimsby. Best welcome by any away bar or club, albeit Exeter is a close second. On my first visit they opened up early and led us around the pitch to give us early access. We rewarded them by drinking the place dry of real ales. Next season, they had conciously stocked up and remembered us. Later, during the match our view became partially obstructed by sea mist. The stewards promptly moved us to a improved location. Been there three times on a Tuesday. We witness brilliant friendly stewarding every year at Grimsby....and the fish and chips are good.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 8:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024