Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom and Jerry 10:51 - Jun 27 with 1100 viewsqprxtc

I’ve been watching them all night. Absolutely f ucking brilliant and bloody funny(apart from the 60’s one when they went shit).

Going backwards is much more fun than forwards.

Tom and Jerry on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 1065 viewsKonk

Watching them again with my son, I do feel a bit sorry for Tom. As a domestic cat, he's tasked with keeping the house mouse-free. We've had mice in the past, and they are a right fu cking pain in the arse. Cute, but they pis s and shi t everywhere. Tom is trying to keep his house vermin-free - that is not a crime in my eyes. The poor sod is taunted, tormented, and tortured.

Get yourself on I-player and watch Hey Duggee - still the best programme that's ever been made. Pure magic.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Tom and Jerry on 11:17 - Jun 27 with 1055 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is it not banned on most broadcasters apart from Amazon and youtube

Too violent and other reasons, I read somewhere as with some other cartoons.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tom and Jerry on 11:25 - Jun 27 with 1033 viewsqprxtc

Tom and Jerry on 11:11 - Jun 27 by Konk

Watching them again with my son, I do feel a bit sorry for Tom. As a domestic cat, he's tasked with keeping the house mouse-free. We've had mice in the past, and they are a right fu cking pain in the arse. Cute, but they pis s and shi t everywhere. Tom is trying to keep his house vermin-free - that is not a crime in my eyes. The poor sod is taunted, tormented, and tortured.

Get yourself on I-player and watch Hey Duggee - still the best programme that's ever been made. Pure magic.

With you there Konk. It’s the only thing I’d change about it. I absolutely adore cats. Miles better than dogs and I always want Tom to get the upper hand which he very rarely does. It can be a bit frustrating when it happens so often. In this the cat is the underdog.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it sort of a metaphor for life. Anticipation, frustration and disappointment. But you gotta laugh at the violence.

Meow.
Tom and Jerry on 12:18 - Jun 27 with 946 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tom and Jerry on 11:25 - Jun 27 by qprxtc

With you there Konk. It’s the only thing I’d change about it. I absolutely adore cats. Miles better than dogs and I always want Tom to get the upper hand which he very rarely does. It can be a bit frustrating when it happens so often. In this the cat is the underdog.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it sort of a metaphor for life. Anticipation, frustration and disappointment. But you gotta laugh at the violence.

Meow.

In a state premised upon the individual over the government you'd have to think that this is almost US Propaganda.101 but, damn, you can't help but have a dislike for the smart-arse little shits.

Cf also Pixie and Dixie...easily the best character is Mr. Jinks..."I hates those meeces to pieces!"

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tom and Jerry on 12:30 - Jun 27 with 918 viewsLunarJetman

The one with the baby elephant who falls off a train at the beginning to be looked after by Jerry cracks me up every time!
Tom and Jerry on 12:51 - Jun 27 with 879 viewsMrSheen

I raved to my kids about how funny it was and was delighted to find a DVD in a charity shop. Of the last series, which was dire. Never been a cat lover myself, so if it inspired a generation of kids to put their tails in plug sockets, I'm easy.
Tom and Jerry on 12:58 - Jun 27 with 867 viewsMonahoop

Hilarious. My favourite cartoon characters. The OP is correct though. Later versions from the 60's onwards were poor, watered down and eventually too PC with all the slapstick and laughability leeched out. Cruel? Well maybe at odd times, but you laugh at the idiocy of it all and don't take it too seriously like a snow flake.
Watched it last back in November in Berlin as there was frig all to watch on the box over there that looked interesting.
Favourite episode where Tom, Jerry and the dog sign a pledge to be nice to each other and share a steak. Naturally it all falls to pieces very quickly and the pledge is ripped up and it's business as usual. Genious!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Tom and Jerry on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 851 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Login to get fewer ads

Tom and Jerry on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 815 viewsRangersDave

i always feltbsorry for 'officer Dibble' personally

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024