Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four for a Penny Derby 19:44 - Jun 28 with 1547 viewsDWQPR

On BBC1. Black Jacks v Fruit Salads.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Four for a Penny Derby on 19:51 - Jun 28 with 1524 viewsBoston

Fruit Salads

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Four for a Penny Derby on 20:02 - Jun 28 with 1508 viewsManinBlack

The magic of the FA Cup. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City the semi finalists. Same old teams winning the trophy this century. How awfully dull...

More absurdity of the modern game. The semi finals were moved to Wembley to accommodate more fans. Despite the fact no fans are allowed at the semi's this season, they are opening this great big stadium for both games anyway.

What is the point playing at Wembley with no fans? They might as well play the matches at smaller venues like Vale Park or Brisbane Road.

This modern game is not for me.
Four for a Penny Derby on 20:12 - Jun 28 with 1483 viewsizlingtonhoop

Four for a Penny Derby on 20:02 - Jun 28 by ManinBlack

The magic of the FA Cup. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City the semi finalists. Same old teams winning the trophy this century. How awfully dull...

More absurdity of the modern game. The semi finals were moved to Wembley to accommodate more fans. Despite the fact no fans are allowed at the semi's this season, they are opening this great big stadium for both games anyway.

What is the point playing at Wembley with no fans? They might as well play the matches at smaller venues like Vale Park or Brisbane Road.

Just three minutes ago I was having the same thought.

Another reason for Wembley semi finals was to claw back some bunse, surely getting that great beast up and running is gonna cost a fortune with no paying audience.

Looking at the draw, it's got stadium MK written all over it. Same day.
Four for a Penny Derby on 20:20 - Jun 28 with 1465 viewsLythamR

Four for a Penny Derby on 20:02 - Jun 28 by ManinBlack

you can probably get more advertising hoardings in at Wembley

has anyone else noticed over the last few years that the percentage of time where the camera is at longer range has increased compared to the past, i cant help but think that maximising the exposure of advertising hoardings is behind this as well
Four for a Penny Derby on 20:39 - Jun 28 with 1438 viewsManinBlack

I don't think there has ever been a game played behind closed doors at Wembley in its history. It is a shame to start now. If they are bothered about advertising then why not use Villa Park or West Ham's gaff?

Wembley is far too big unless they want pics of plastic fans to stick on plastic seats that follow the big clubs.
Four for a Penny Derby on 21:03 - Jun 28 with 1401 viewsdistortR

Four for a Penny Derby on 20:39 - Jun 28 by ManinBlack

I don't think there has ever been a game played behind closed doors at Wembley in its history. It is a shame to start now. If they are bothered about advertising then why not use Villa Park or West Ham's gaff?

Wembley is far too big unless they want pics of plastic fans to stick on plastic seats that follow the big clubs.

we're covid free and back to normal here, bar our borders being 'shut'.
fly the finalists over here and have them play the match in front of a couple of thousand locals - it would have far more atmosphere then at an empty wembley.

I wonder if they are, actually, considering doing this - not the IOM though, of course.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 21:18]
Four for a Penny Derby on 00:08 - Jun 29 with 1286 viewsMiss_Terraces

Four for a Penny Derby on 21:03 - Jun 28 by distortR

we're covid free and back to normal here, bar our borders being 'shut'.
fly the finalists over here and have them play the match in front of a couple of thousand locals - it would have far more atmosphere then at an empty wembley.

I wonder if they are, actually, considering doing this - not the IOM though, of course.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 21:18]

Don't give them ideas, as bad as behind closed doors is, it's better than in Qatar

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Four for a Penny Derby on 08:14 - Jun 29 with 1051 viewsdistortR

Four for a Penny Derby on 00:08 - Jun 29 by Miss_Terraces

Don't give them ideas, as bad as behind closed doors is, it's better than in Qatar

it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?
Login to get fewer ads

Four for a Penny Derby on 08:29 - Jun 29 with 1030 viewsisawqpratwcity

Four for a Penny Derby on 08:14 - Jun 29 by distortR

it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?

...and a nice little bunce...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Four for a Penny Derby on 09:06 - Jun 29 with 989 viewsWoog

Four for a Penny Derby on 20:12 - Jun 28 by izlingtonhoop

Just three minutes ago I was having the same thought.

Another reason for Wembley semi finals was to claw back some bunse, surely getting that great beast up and running is gonna cost a fortune with no paying audience.

Looking at the draw, it's got stadium MK written all over it. Same day.

Good idea - same venue, same day.
Same time too.
I might watch that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024