Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boozers 16:04 - Jun 29 with 9208 viewscolinallcars

Pubs allowed to reopen July 4th, what plans have we all ? It seems none of my favourite pubs are due to reopen any time soon.
I had an email from Fullers with a list of pubs due to open, mostly large ones obviously.
We are all used to queueing outside shops but of course the queue moves quickly. Will people be queueing outside pubs at opening time ? Most people spend an hour or two in a pub, so we could be outside for ages.😦
Boozers on 16:08 - Jun 29 with 3559 viewsqpr_1968

i'm hoping the two at Teddington lock are open, planning on a nice walk from kew bridge in a couple of weeks time.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Boozers on 16:11 - Jun 29 with 3541 viewsrobith

Love the pub, but can not think of anything worse than being indoors with a rotating cast of strangers.

Mate of mine is a pub manager and he showed me the regulations - it's untenable. "No raised voices" was my favourite
Boozers on 16:19 - Jun 29 with 3515 viewsHayesender

Boozers on 16:11 - Jun 29 by robith

Love the pub, but can not think of anything worse than being indoors with a rotating cast of strangers.

Mate of mine is a pub manager and he showed me the regulations - it's untenable. "No raised voices" was my favourite

Most of these rules will last for the amount of time it takes to drink 3 pints I feel, and that's being generous

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Boozers on 16:29 - Jun 29 with 3482 viewsLblock

I'm in no rush to return to the battlecruiser if I'm honest.

All a bit of a sham as I've heard of many pubs with the outdoor space having been open for "takeaways" throughout the Lockdown when the weather has allowed.
Maybe August I'll look to venture but just see how it's feasible in the one pinch point I'd need being a man of a certain age with a certain issue..... the WC !! My bladder won't take any queuing for a run out!!!!

Having said that I think my first visit may be to a pub in Uxbridge taking a Client out for a load of booze, issue then is transport to and from...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Boozers on 16:35 - Jun 29 with 3473 viewscolinallcars

Boozers on 16:08 - Jun 29 by qpr_1968

i'm hoping the two at Teddington lock are open, planning on a nice walk from kew bridge in a couple of weeks time.....

The Anglers and the Tied Cottage. I've been in both a few times.
Boozers on 16:38 - Jun 29 with 3463 viewsDannyPaddox

The past month or two I’ve mostly been sitting by the river at Hammersmith, Barnes, or Chiswick drinking take-aways often at £2.50 a pint. I’m already feeling nostalgic for the lockdown-drinking era. No hurry to go back inside in what may (understandably) be a highly regulated environment.
Boozers on 16:50 - Jun 29 with 3424 viewsdaveB

I'm in no rush to go back to the pub, quite happy to drink at home and in the garden.
Boozers on 16:52 - Jun 29 with 3415 viewsEsox_Lucius

Same here Dave. I don't drink much anyway, just the occasional beer or wine with my evening meal and it's been nice sitting out on the garden patio in the evening, no waiting around to be served, no queueing for a toilet and the added bonus of saving a fortune.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Boozers on 16:54 - Jun 29 with 3408 viewsMickS

Boozers on 16:29 - Jun 29 by Lblock

I'm in no rush to return to the battlecruiser if I'm honest.

All a bit of a sham as I've heard of many pubs with the outdoor space having been open for "takeaways" throughout the Lockdown when the weather has allowed.
Maybe August I'll look to venture but just see how it's feasible in the one pinch point I'd need being a man of a certain age with a certain issue..... the WC !! My bladder won't take any queuing for a run out!!!!

Having said that I think my first visit may be to a pub in Uxbridge taking a Client out for a load of booze, issue then is transport to and from...

Which pub Lb? The Queens Head is ok; avoid The Metropolitan because it smells of damp trousers.

Sensible choice would be The Red Lion in Hillingdon, half a mile out of town, if you don’t know the area.

Swan and Bottle on the river/canal is ok.
Boozers on 17:27 - Jun 29 with 3328 viewsMrSheen

Taking the family to the Plough in East Sheen on Sunday. Can't wait.
Boozers on 17:48 - Jun 29 with 3275 viewseghamranger

Worthwhile downloading the my pub app.

Can then order drinks and food via that. If you let it see your location it will tell you which pub is nearest and you order online.
Boozers on 17:49 - Jun 29 with 3271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pubs open here today. Nobody I know is going. But then again none of my American friends voted for Trump, and we know what happened there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boozers on 18:08 - Jun 29 with 3224 viewsBoston

Boozers on 16:38 - Jun 29 by DannyPaddox

The past month or two I’ve mostly been sitting by the river at Hammersmith, Barnes, or Chiswick drinking take-aways often at £2.50 a pint. I’m already feeling nostalgic for the lockdown-drinking era. No hurry to go back inside in what may (understandably) be a highly regulated environment.

Aw Danny, I never knew you was homeless!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boozers on 18:11 - Jun 29 with 3219 viewsBoston

Boozers on 17:49 - Jun 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Pubs open here today. Nobody I know is going. But then again none of my American friends voted for Trump, and we know what happened there.

I shouldn’t have to tell you that it’s been possible to get a pint in Cork, if you’re known.

Boozers on 18:15 - Jun 29 with 3211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boozers on 18:11 - Jun 29 by Boston

I shouldn’t have to tell you that it’s been possible to get a pint in Cork, if you’re known.

Ya I'm sure you're right, Boston. I could nearly guess some of them.

In fact I'm sure that it suited the Gardai to have certain back doors open during the lockdown.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boozers on 18:54 - Jun 29 with 3153 viewscolinallcars

It's all very depressing. One of the best features of the pub was the, I suppose, spontaneousness. People would drop in for a quick one and you never knew who was going to be there. That's why I always hated it when people booked tables in pubs.
Now, for the time being, it's going to be forced and unnatural. Although I don't intend to go in a pub Saturday, I think I'll cruise around in the car out of curiosity to see how it's being handled.
Boozers on 19:22 - Jun 29 with 3093 viewsstevec

Have a feeling July 4 will be like news year eve, amateur night.

Had the pleasure last Saturday of crossing by the winning line at Epsom racecourse and finding the pub situated on the course serving pints as you accessed the Downs. A nice leisurely stroll ensued, pint in hand and absolutely no interference from officialdom.

The perfect ramble, even taking my sons comment ‘we’ve lost one nil’ without breaking stride.
Boozers on 19:25 - Jun 29 with 3084 viewsBoston

Boozers on 18:54 - Jun 29 by colinallcars

It's all very depressing. One of the best features of the pub was the, I suppose, spontaneousness. People would drop in for a quick one and you never knew who was going to be there. That's why I always hated it when people booked tables in pubs.
Now, for the time being, it's going to be forced and unnatural. Although I don't intend to go in a pub Saturday, I think I'll cruise around in the car out of curiosity to see how it's being handled.

Actually that was my problem with pubs, I could never pop in for a quick one.

Boozers on 19:55 - Jun 29 with 3043 viewstraininvain

Boozers on 16:11 - Jun 29 by robith

The govt have issued guidelines and left pub operators to use best discretion which is about as good as they could’ve hoped given the circumstances.

And ultimately, good luck to anyone trying to enforce no raised voices! It’ll be difficult enough for pubs to enforce social distancing, reduced capacity etc.

I think Stevec’s right about this weekend. It’ll be like Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve rolled into one. Complete amateur hour. Think I’ll wait a week or two until the initial buzz calms down.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 19:56]
Boozers on 20:12 - Jun 29 with 3001 viewsbollockchops

My preffered pub for sport isnt opening till next monday and not showing any football bcos too many people congregate around the tv and theres no jukebox as theres too much singing,so its a no from me !
Boozers on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 2964 viewskensalriser

National virus day. No thanks!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Boozers on 21:50 - Jun 29 with 2863 viewspaulparker

Don’t see the point , it’s going to be mental , the whole point of the pub to me is to go on the fly
The missus is getting her hair done I know il go the pub
All this reserving tables , no standing at the bar , fcuk that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Boozers on 21:59 - Jun 29 with 2851 viewsThe_Beast1976

Boozers on 19:55 - Jun 29 by traininvain

The govt have issued guidelines and left pub operators to use best discretion which is about as good as they could’ve hoped given the circumstances.

And ultimately, good luck to anyone trying to enforce no raised voices! It’ll be difficult enough for pubs to enforce social distancing, reduced capacity etc.

I think Stevec’s right about this weekend. It’ll be like Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve rolled into one. Complete amateur hour. Think I’ll wait a week or two until the initial buzz calms down.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 19:56]

Asking people to socially distance after 10 pints is probably like asking people not to crash the car driving home after 10 pints.....

That last Friday night the pubs shut undoubtedly caused a surge in infections. Will this weekend be the same? IMO they should have opened pubs without the sale of alcohol for a few weeks in the first instance until the pub staff got used to it and some kind of order was established. But no, what they've done will now undoubtedly cause absolute chaos and ig won't be a pretty sight. A spike accross the England in early to mid August anyone?
Boozers on 22:06 - Jun 29 with 2828 viewsDannyPaddox

Boozers on 18:08 - Jun 29 by Boston

Aw Danny, I never knew you was homeless!

Wherever I lay my plastic pint pot ...
Boozers on 22:43 - Jun 29 with 2795 viewscolinallcars

We're between a rock and a hard place. We all want to give our local pub as much business as possible to get them on their feet but it may be a fairly miserable experience and risky too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024