Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton in denial 07:46 - Jul 1 with 7001 viewsHooparoo

Warburton trots out the “we controlled the game” and “we was robbed” cliches yet the stats quite clearly show Fulham were on top. Is he just saying what he’s been told to say or is he deluded?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton in denial on 10:37 - Jul 1 with 2305 viewsManinBlack

Warburton in denial on 10:26 - Jul 1 by gazza1

Much better performance last night. Tough call if they were better than us but I, perhaps, think they were - just.

Warburton has been honest and mostly is unless it is not right, for personal player reasons, to be vague - thats the way it is and they way it should be.

Last night the goalkeeper blew it for us, the first, 100%, he should have saved it, the shot for the 2nd goal should have been shut down much, much better but I am not sure if the keeper, again, could have done better - not sure.

We are a decent side when we play and have all our 'top boys' in the team, much better than we have been over the last few years - much better to watch, win, loose or draw for sure.

As for a 'good' team....no we are not but we are better than I league position suggests.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 10:28]

Just as well for our keeper Roy Keane is not at our club. Roy would have beaten him up at half time for the goals he let in at Charlton and against Fulham in the first half.
Warburton in denial on 10:43 - Jul 1 with 2282 viewsfrancisbowles

Man in black

'plus Warburton is not a motivator to get our players at it.'

This statement is based on?
Warburton in denial on 10:47 - Jul 1 with 2260 viewsgazza1

Warburton in denial on 10:37 - Jul 1 by ManinBlack

Just as well for our keeper Roy Keane is not at our club. Roy would have beaten him up at half time for the goals he let in at Charlton and against Fulham in the first half.

i dont blame the keeper for the goal at Charlton, coaches are at fault as far as I am concerned.....I want a player on the front post every time. It would have been cleared very easily.
Warburton in denial on 10:51 - Jul 1 with 2250 viewsMick_S

Could be in deTees on Sunday.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Warburton in denial on 10:53 - Jul 1 with 2215 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton in denial on 10:26 - Jul 1 by daveB

I don't buy that.

We've had a mad 3 months in the world, none of us know what any of these players have gone through. If they had family members or friends affected, those players whose partners gave birth we don't know the worry and stress they had to go through,what complications they faced. We don't know the impact mentally on the players being stuck at home for 3 months, possibly on their own away from friends and family. Like most people they had a lot of time to reflect and think about what was important to them, with all that going on it's not a shock to see a few of them not 100% focused.

You then have the new way they all work, no team meetings together, no real contact other than on the training pitch, most of the things they love about their job gone. No encouragement on a match day from fans, no hearing boos and moans and wanting to prove them wrong, not even in the same changing room as half your team mates.

Of course you may be right and they had a lovely old time and came back half arsed but after all that's happened I find it astonishing how quickly fans have turned on players and manager due to them having 2 poor performances after all that has gone on and for them to have been expected to just carry on as if nothing had happened.

These are not excuses by the way or why we lost these 3 games, every club has to go through this and some have adapted a lot better than others but I do think we should have a bit of understanding that none of this is normal. You'd think the way some have reacted that this side would never have lost a game or put in a sub par performance before. Even in that 6 game mini run we were not that great against Birmingham or Forest and had an awful start against Stoke and Preston.

Same for every other club.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton in denial on 10:53 - Jul 1 with 2239 viewsLongsufferingR

Warburton in denial on 10:47 - Jul 1 by gazza1

i dont blame the keeper for the goal at Charlton, coaches are at fault as far as I am concerned.....I want a player on the front post every time. It would have been cleared very easily.

Not to mention the three defenders (yes, three) around Pratley who still allowed him to get to the ball first and with ease.
Warburton in denial on 11:06 - Jul 1 with 2195 viewsdaveB

Warburton in denial on 10:53 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Same for every other club.

completely agree and some clubs have coped better than others with all this, I'm not going to pretend we've started well, we haven't, I just think we're a bit of perspective is needed sometimes.
Warburton in denial on 11:10 - Jul 1 with 2189 viewsDevon_4_England

Personally have no issue with Warbs and we were unlucky not to come away with something.

Not sure he is being told to say anything nor that he is deluded.

The season has been one of ups and downs but he needs to be given the time needed.

Our transfer dealings last summer were good and he has a key summer ahead for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton in denial on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 2126 views100percent

Warburton in denial on 09:40 - Jul 1 by daveB

How were they supposed to prepare? Players hadn't played in 3 months so form they were in was as irrelevant as the form from a previous season.

During the 3 weeks of training they could do before the start only a week and a half of that was contact training, i think you've seen with the vast majority of games played so far a lot of clubs haven't looked ready to start playing and not been at their best because they weren't ready and are below their best.

It's unprecedented circumstances and we ended up having to lose 2 important players for financial reasons as well, i think it's incredibly harsh to blame the club for not being prepared, what exactly were they not prepared for?

Two crap performances can happen and have happened at any stage of the season without warning. It was a real positive last night to see them react though and produce a much better display which sadly didn't get the result it deserved but will hopefully help the team get better results over the next few games.

Stop speaking sense Dave, people will begin to talk....
Coupled with the fact that their two goals were speculative shots from outside the box - normally saved by the keeper - I thought we played well in parts last night.
still don't understand why we are not shooting on goal ourselves and why our midfield are not working harder on final product.
disappointed to lose, but a vast improvement on the charlton and barnsley games...
Warburton in denial on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 2079 viewsA40Bosh

Warburton in denial on 09:31 - Jul 1 by Northolt_Rs

Do we all just accept losing to Barnsley, Charlton, Fulham: NO

But what does that even mean "do we all just accept losing to ............" ?

It's not about accepting, you don't have a choice in the current climate - it happened and YEAH it is crap no one is denying that losing is crap.

What is the alternative to accepting? - What does "not accepting" look like other than people moaning on here that Warburton is rubbish and even worse delusional.

Earlier in the season we could not buy a win for weeks at a time. It happens, it's what happens when the operational side of a football club is still in the early days of a recovery from the previous greed driven fxxk ups of the owners and their failed attempts to buy success to the promised land.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warburton in denial on 11:56 - Jul 1 with 2064 viewspaulparker

Warburton in denial on 11:06 - Jul 1 by daveB

completely agree and some clubs have coped better than others with all this, I'm not going to pretend we've started well, we haven't, I just think we're a bit of perspective is needed sometimes.

It’s not just these 3 games , our defending this year has been atrocious , how many mistakes have we made ? way to many is the answer and that comes down to the manager , the points we have thrown away has been criminal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton in denial on 11:58 - Jul 1 with 2061 viewsdaveB

Warburton in denial on 11:56 - Jul 1 by paulparker

It’s not just these 3 games , our defending this year has been atrocious , how many mistakes have we made ? way to many is the answer and that comes down to the manager , the points we have thrown away has been criminal

yeah it has been but was more saying I didn't agree the defeats were due to the players not being bothered or prepared well enough, issues we've had in the last 3 games were there before lockdown.
Warburton in denial on 12:36 - Jul 1 with 1974 viewsBklynRanger

I've seen the first and third games since the restart and that last night looked more like it. Not brilliant by any stretch but neither were Fulham.

Amos will be disgusted with himself for that miss in the first half and rightly so. Kelly will be also upset - first definitely saveable, second may well have been too.

I thought we did deserve a point at least. Fcuking frustrating not to get anything.
Warburton in denial on 12:41 - Jul 1 with 1968 viewsbosh67

It does kind of feel like we were late back to the party if you stand back from Lee Hoos and staff comments about starting playing again. Perhaps other teams did have much earlier player to player fitness programs before they all got back together. Last night was the first game where we vaguely looked like we were getting match fit.

Warburton has a problem with confidence in this team and I am just hoping that he can get them to take something out of being better last night, forget the result and try and ramp up. What is for sure is that for some reason there is a lack of belief or focus in some players and the coaching team are obviously struggling to arrest that for some reason.

I would imagine with Eze, BOS and Manning probably having been told earlier in the season that they may be moved on for bigger money is perhaps still playing on their minds and what may or may not happen now in the close season. Also losing Hall, Pugh and others perhaps knowing their days are numbered or loans coming to an end may have hampered the group's ability to get their heads down.

As professionals you would hope that they would shake that off but as humans as well perhaps it is easier said than done. All clubs have their problems. Our right now seems to be saying to the players, forget what happens after the next 6 games, just go out there and try and win the 6 that are in front of you.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton in denial on 13:04 - Jul 1 with 1927 viewsNov77

Warburton in denial on 07:56 - Jul 1 by ozexile

He's certainly not been told to say it. But what I've found with Warburton is that his idea of controlling the game seems to mean we passed the ball around at the back a lot.

Since the restart we’re averaging a shot on target every 54 minutes

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Warburton in denial on 13:56 - Jul 1 with 1849 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton in denial on 08:44 - Jul 1 by stevec

Didn’t bother watching but all the reports I’ve read suggest Fulham were the better side.

We were playing a team that had run out of centre forwards, same last Saturday.

They were - just - but they could not have complained if we had got a draw.

1st 15 was all us, 2nd 15 all them - rest of game until they scored was fairly even, after that we ran out of steam a bit but still hit the bar and got some free kicks in dangerous areas.

Hardly cause for a meltdown but then every defeat, its the same on here.

Funny how all those people who were 'happy' to avoid relegation in August never come back on here to express their joy, despite us being well above 22nd place all season!
Warburton in denial on 15:10 - Jul 1 with 1785 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton in denial on 08:42 - Jul 1 by paulparker

What’s the excuse for Barnsley & charlton then ?
We have better squads than them , don’t we ?

Sometimes there is no excuse.
Sometimes teams not as good as other teams beat those teams. We do it sometimes too. That's how competitive sport works. If the team in first place won every game, the team in second won every game except against the team in first and so on, sport would be quite dull.

Bare bones.

Warburton in denial on 17:20 - Jul 1 with 1663 viewsbosh67

Warburton in denial on 15:10 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

Sometimes there is no excuse.
Sometimes teams not as good as other teams beat those teams. We do it sometimes too. That's how competitive sport works. If the team in first place won every game, the team in second won every game except against the team in first and so on, sport would be quite dull.

You mean like Man City and Liverpool last season?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton in denial on 18:38 - Jul 1 with 1604 viewsflynnbo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-fans-mark-warburton-facts-020720

Agree with him. We have overachieved at times and were never serious play off candidates and would have been hammered had we gone up. Since January, we've lost Wells and more recently Hall, Leistner and Pugh and the virus has exposed the lack of depth and strength in the squad, He's done remarkably well to have fans even talking about the play offs when many had forecast a relegation scrap. He's had to totally overhaul the squad and trim the wage bill yet again. We'e fortunate that we have teams interested in our players and let's see how he fares in the transfer window. I still have faith in him.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:44]
Warburton in denial on 18:56 - Jul 1 with 1570 viewsBoston

We lose to the good teams, we lose to the bad teams. We’re equal opportunity losers😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warburton in denial on 19:05 - Jul 1 with 1551 viewsLblock

Warburton in denial on 18:38 - Jul 1 by flynnbo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-fans-mark-warburton-facts-020720

Agree with him. We have overachieved at times and were never serious play off candidates and would have been hammered had we gone up. Since January, we've lost Wells and more recently Hall, Leistner and Pugh and the virus has exposed the lack of depth and strength in the squad, He's done remarkably well to have fans even talking about the play offs when many had forecast a relegation scrap. He's had to totally overhaul the squad and trim the wage bill yet again. We'e fortunate that we have teams interested in our players and let's see how he fares in the transfer window. I still have faith in him.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:44]

Sorry but I just cannot look at that table and see Millwall troubling the play offs and not feel we have seriously under achieved this season.

Caveat - I'd of taken staying up before a ball was kicked, and I still will, but.......

With players like Hugill, Eze, Wells, BOS, Chair etc and the calibre they bring I feel we were only a well drilled defence, a solid keeper and a bit of pragmatism away from having eyes on 6th or 5th.
Cardiff, Derby and Swansea have all been soundly beaten by us.
PNE given a seeing to by us.
Millwall absolute stodge when the sun was out last August

We have thrown away points this season in totally needless fashion at times.
I've also never felt we looked 100% fit even before lockdown and the shape we're in since the return is nothing short of a disgrace.

But then I am a bedwetter so what do I know

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton in denial on 19:49 - Jul 1 with 1473 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton in denial on 19:05 - Jul 1 by Lblock

Sorry but I just cannot look at that table and see Millwall troubling the play offs and not feel we have seriously under achieved this season.

Caveat - I'd of taken staying up before a ball was kicked, and I still will, but.......

With players like Hugill, Eze, Wells, BOS, Chair etc and the calibre they bring I feel we were only a well drilled defence, a solid keeper and a bit of pragmatism away from having eyes on 6th or 5th.
Cardiff, Derby and Swansea have all been soundly beaten by us.
PNE given a seeing to by us.
Millwall absolute stodge when the sun was out last August

We have thrown away points this season in totally needless fashion at times.
I've also never felt we looked 100% fit even before lockdown and the shape we're in since the return is nothing short of a disgrace.

But then I am a bedwetter so what do I know

I agree.
Fact is we have not got any better since Olly and he was attacked for not doing better league position, that McClown was a starry-eyed joke of an appointment and MW is just a so so manager.

After that interview, he did the other day on the OS I think even less of him, I think he is a poor coach been lucky to have Eze in the team or we would be looking at relegation

Yes, we lost Wells which has not helped, but MW was supposed to be an improvement on McClown and Olly, he is not.

I think I would have preferred Nigel Pearson who we turned down.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 19:54]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton in denial on 20:01 - Jul 1 with 1453 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton in denial on 19:49 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I agree.
Fact is we have not got any better since Olly and he was attacked for not doing better league position, that McClown was a starry-eyed joke of an appointment and MW is just a so so manager.

After that interview, he did the other day on the OS I think even less of him, I think he is a poor coach been lucky to have Eze in the team or we would be looking at relegation

Yes, we lost Wells which has not helped, but MW was supposed to be an improvement on McClown and Olly, he is not.

It's about opinions. Mine is that we have seen some really good and enjoyable football this season. Unfortunately, we have made lots of errors but you have to expect a certain amount of that, especially with such a young squad.

With the evidence of last night I am even more convinced that there is not much wrong with the fitness or attitude either.

It's not perfect but neither is life at the moment. I don't agree with all his defensive tactics and some of our negativity with free kicks etc. However, I take the rough with the smooth and hope that we can improve these aspects.

I hope he will be with us for a very long time, as he is happy to work with young players and that is what we need to be doing.
Warburton in denial on 15:21 - Jul 2 with 1299 viewsterryb

Warburton in denial on 19:49 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I agree.

Warburton has lost three games in a row & so you have decided that MW is a so-so manager, yet when we lost six in a row under IH he was still the greatest manager in the history of the game according to you!

That is your opimion & you are quite entitled to it, but the football we have played at times this season is IMO far superior to anything I saw under Ollie.

Was the interview you refer to from MW the other day (I've not listened to it) any worse than IH lambasting the supporters sfter the 2-2 draw with Brentford?
Warburton in denial on 10:03 - Jul 6 with 1152 viewsgazza1

He is the best we have had for several years......recall what has happened at the Club since his appointment and what will happen again in the summer before next season starts. Enjoyed the season overall - a lot a good performances, improve our home points tally and we would be well up the play-offs.

Give the bloke a real chance, I got time for him and I believe with justification.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024