Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan into administration 12:37 - Jul 1 with 24578 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

I presume that will be minus 12 points.
Wigan into administration on 18:55 - Jul 1 with 3349 viewsLblock

Wigan into administration on 18:42 - Jul 1 by stevec

Actually, if your club has lost the will to get to the Premier League, the best way to make a profit each season would be to drop into League One, have consistent decent seasons but make sure you always avoid promotion.

£2.5 mill wage bill, owners might stop having to dip into their own pockets.

Just saying.

If you think our owners have the brains for that then you're giving them far too much credit.

Wigan is a good day out but a club I have zero empathy for.
If it's the choice between them dropping and us then come on, we'll take it.
If the choice was between them and Sjoke then the very, very, very best of luck to Wigan.

Football is fcukd

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wigan into administration on 21:33 - Jul 1 with 3132 viewsMistication92

FFP question, maybe Clive might know about this:

Is the overall idea to start to lower the 3-year rolling loss limit over time? I guessed part of the point of it was to make clubs solvent and posting profits? Are there any plans to lower the current 37m figure?
Wigan into administration on 21:36 - Jul 1 with 3117 viewsBoston

Never felt the love for Wigan, think it’s pier pressure from Lblock.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 21:37]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wigan into administration on 22:21 - Jul 1 with 3039 viewsLblock

Wigan into administration on 21:36 - Jul 1 by Boston

Never felt the love for Wigan, think it’s pier pressure from Lblock.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 21:37]

Ahhhh .... toupee sir, toupee

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wigan into administration on 22:38 - Jul 1 with 2985 viewsqprd

Wigan into administration on 12:40 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Got to feel for the manager and the team who've worked so hard and played so well since Christmas to climb out of the sht.

Taken over just four weeks ago. How the fck has that been allowed to happen?

12 points off straight away according to bbc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What an absolutely f*ck up by the brain dead football administrators

The reason they are now in administration is because the owners (who the efl approved BTW). Those owners will f*ck off and have nothing to do with the club

So why punish the team, the staff and fans with a 12 point deduction? Shouldn’t the person who is penalised be the shareholders who purchased the club and immediately let it go into administration? Why didn’t they do any diligence on the buyer? Why don’t they make the buyers provide some backstop guarantee for this event?

And if the idea is to help a club out of administration, why effectively subject them to relegation, thereby further reducing their future revenue potential and value to a potential buyer ?
Wigan into administration on 23:06 - Jul 1 with 2937 viewsdaveB

Wigan into administration on 22:38 - Jul 1 by qprd

What an absolutely f*ck up by the brain dead football administrators

The reason they are now in administration is because the owners (who the efl approved BTW). Those owners will f*ck off and have nothing to do with the club

So why punish the team, the staff and fans with a 12 point deduction? Shouldn’t the person who is penalised be the shareholders who purchased the club and immediately let it go into administration? Why didn’t they do any diligence on the buyer? Why don’t they make the buyers provide some backstop guarantee for this event?

And if the idea is to help a club out of administration, why effectively subject them to relegation, thereby further reducing their future revenue potential and value to a potential buyer ?

because if they don't give them a points deduction other clubs will follow going into admin so they can start again and wipe out all the debt. Leicester famously used admin to help keep star players, avoid paying off creditors and won promotion
Wigan into administration on 01:09 - Jul 2 with 2871 viewsLoftgirl

Wigan into administration on 17:24 - Jul 1 by danehoop

what do W's mean?

I can't remember.
Wigan into administration on 01:19 - Jul 2 with 2861 viewstimcocking

Awful.

Mind you, could be worse..
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan into administration on 08:19 - Jul 2 with 2707 viewsBerkoRanger

I read on a BBC website that Wigan FC has 600 full and part time employees. 600??? How is that possible? Does each player have a personal hairdresser and masseur? Just saying.
Wigan into administration on 09:31 - Jul 2 with 2614 viewsMichael_Hunt

Wigan into administration on 13:29 - Jul 1 by collegeranger

I would not be surprised that they have gone into administration now on the back of 3 wins - betting that they survive in the Championship even with 12 points deducted and escape relegation.

Then buying the club back thru some circuitous route - debt free!

I reckon you're spot on.

The worst thing about that, (and company law in general), is by doing that they're effectively writing off/down their debts which in real terms is the money owed to creditors; some of whom will probably be small traders.

The Admin guy is well versed in this as he was involved with the Leeds situation when Ken Bates did something similar.
Wigan into administration on 09:53 - Jul 2 with 2557 viewsLazyFan

Wigan into administration on 09:31 - Jul 2 by Michael_Hunt

I reckon you're spot on.

The worst thing about that, (and company law in general), is by doing that they're effectively writing off/down their debts which in real terms is the money owed to creditors; some of whom will probably be small traders.

The Admin guy is well versed in this as he was involved with the Leeds situation when Ken Bates did something similar.

This is how it works for Business in general. The big corps slow payments until little biz goes under. It got so, prevailing in the 90's TFL started doing it as well. Until a law came in that you had to settle up. But do big corps follow little things like laws?

When you see all those job losses at big companies on the news now, think about all the other small companies who will utterly go under and with massive debts all because they depended upon that work entirely.

Its good job everyone understands this and the whole way we work is not seen as some massive wet-market economy otherwise we might get caught out with I don't know a pandemic maybe!

zzzzzzzzzz

Wigan into administration on 09:57 - Jul 2 with 2549 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wigan into administration on 15:22 - Jul 1 by Hastings_Hoops

...and the owners pumping £1m/month into the club.

True, but how much of that is a result of previous stupidity vs. overseas remittances sent back to keep the home fires burning?

Fact is: COVID has/is merely fast-tracking the global economic layering of football. What will be left is maybe 40-50 clubs playing cryptoball on a world scale; probably underpinned by geopolitical interests and media saturation that dwarves current offerings.

As for the rest of us that are still left standing, we’ll be playing what was once commonly known as, football. Which becomes an increasingly underground movement until one day, we turn up at the designated field only to find stormtroopers sending out Bluetooth news that not only is football banned, but it never actually existed in the first place. Whereupon we’ll be advised to go home to cheer, and be seen cheering Manchester Freedom against Eurasian low-life side, Beijing Imperialists.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wigan into administration on 10:09 - Jul 2 with 2519 viewsterryb

This is probably wrong, but didn't the owners buy all the companies owned by the previous owner in March?

If that is the case, the EFL could not have stopped the takeover & maybe the current owner had no interest in owning a football club. That is not meant as a defence of the non-existent owners suitability test!

Putting Wigan into administration might be the cheapest way for them to have offloaded the club?

I hope Wigan Warriors, even though I disleke them, won't be affected by this move.
Wigan into administration on 07:49 - Jul 3 with 2189 viewsPhildo

Rick Parry has apparently been filmed speculating that the club was placed into administration as a result of a bet in the Philippines
Wigan into administration on 08:52 - Jul 3 with 2100 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan into administration on 07:49 - Jul 3 by Phildo

Rick Parry has apparently been filmed speculating that the club was placed into administration as a result of a bet in the Philippines

Wigan into administration on 09:32 - Jul 3 with 2036 viewsTheChef

Wigan into administration on 08:52 - Jul 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Pretty conclusive that.

It's the sandals, isn't it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wigan into administration on 14:53 - Jul 3 with 1907 viewsNorthernr

Some staggering stuff coming out about this now.
This thread is worth a read...

Wigan into administration on 14:57 - Jul 3 with 1894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan into administration on 14:53 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Some staggering stuff coming out about this now.
This thread is worth a read...

This gives me shivers.

I hope Wigan fans take those who signed off the purchase to court.
Wigan into administration on 15:01 - Jul 3 with 1884 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Unreal...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wigan into administration on 15:07 - Jul 3 with 1864 viewsNorthernr

There seems to be a very real suggestion now that the chairman has tried to cover the losses he was making by placing a massive wager on the club to go down, and has then been spooked by the run of form into deliberately getting them docked 12 points to try and make it happen.
Wigan into administration on 15:11 - Jul 3 with 1843 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan into administration on 15:07 - Jul 3 by Northernr

There seems to be a very real suggestion now that the chairman has tried to cover the losses he was making by placing a massive wager on the club to go down, and has then been spooked by the run of form into deliberately getting them docked 12 points to try and make it happen.

This is insane.

Reminiscent of when Ken Richardson tried to burn Belle Due down.
Wigan into administration on 15:16 - Jul 3 with 1819 viewsMistication92

When I worked at a bookies, standard practice was that any reasonably large bet would be called through before being accepted. Why do these Far East betting places appear happy to take such huge wagers? If someone decides to put millions (and you presume it's millions to cover the Wigan losses) on them going down, why don't any alarm bells ring?!
Wigan into administration on 15:19 - Jul 3 with 1809 viewsqprxtc

Flipping blimey. This is yet another example of how football has ended up as the snake eating it’s own tail.

Oh for the simple days of a local scallywag like Jim Gregory.
Wigan into administration on 15:22 - Jul 3 with 1798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wigan into administration on 15:19 - Jul 3 by qprxtc

Flipping blimey. This is yet another example of how football has ended up as the snake eating it’s own tail.

Oh for the simple days of a local scallywag like Jim Gregory.

But in fairness, this has always been rife. Football has always had some dodgy owners. The difference now is as the stakes get higher, we're getting a higher class of criminal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wigan into administration on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 1747 viewsqprxtc

Wigan into administration on 15:22 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

But in fairness, this has always been rife. Football has always had some dodgy owners. The difference now is as the stakes get higher, we're getting a higher class of criminal.

‘Tis true Brian. But this is all getting so complicated and circuitous that it makes my head spin. Don’t know how Whelan thought it was a good idea for the club he loves.

Should this happen to Rangers I’m not sure how I’d react. I promised myself years ago that should we ever go back to rattling buckets outside the ground to save the club I’d give up. I spend a ton of my yearly wage at QPR and way too much emotional energy. Then I have to chuck some shrapnel into a bucket because they misused the money I gave them. Bowlocks to that.

We could have far, far worse owners than we have now. Who knows what we’ll get in the future.

Most football authorities seem to be either totally corrupt or utterly ineffectual or both. The Premier League holds the whole sport to ransom in this country and just rips the joy out of supporting a team like Rangers.

Its grim all round. Only alcohol can save us now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024