Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan into administration 12:37 - Jul 1 with 24527 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

I presume that will be minus 12 points.
Wigan into administration on 15:47 - Jul 9 with 3193 viewsNewBee

Wigan into administration on 11:34 - Jul 9 by danehoop

Appears that Parry is trying to get ahead of the new story and get his defence out early (doing an Andrew) via a BBC interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53341269

All everyone else's fault apparently.

There are a lot of holes in his argument, no doubt.

But we need to see the bigger picture in all this. Which is that while he may be "Chairman", Parry is ultimately answerable to the clubs, or more pertinently their owners.

And as such, they don't want anything which will inhibit their ability to sell up, as and when they want or need to.

So that if Satan himself were to turn up and meet their asking price, most owners wouldn't think twice so long as they get the money in their account. So that what Satan does to the club thereafter is none of their concern.

As for Community-owned clubs, if the fans can come up with more money than the next best offer, then owners will happily sell up.

But unless a club is on its knees after having been completely asset-stripped by previous owners, meaning no-one else is interested, then theirs will never be the best offer on the table.

It's the way of the world and there's nothing Parry or any other administrator can do to change it.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 15:49]
Wigan into administration on 16:01 - Jul 9 with 3157 viewsKonk

Wigan into administration on 12:00 - Jul 9 by DannyPaddox

This might be a simplistic and romantic reading of this but do the Wigan players now have an extra impetus to avoid relegation as it will screw their ‘Chairman’s’ betting scam - part of which involves them not being paid whilst under administration. All power to Wigan Athletic - it’s players and supporters.

Whatever's going on up there, it's clearly bent as fu ck. I hope they stop up. Kudos to every Wiganer who supports Wigan rather than one of the Manc/Scouse clubs.

Always enjoyed Wigan as an away day - fair bit of scrapping at their place in '96 when we were both going for promotion from the 4th, but other than that, they've always seemed a friendly bunch.

It seems that during the 80's-90's, every other away game would involve some sort of sack-the-board demonstration, so I'm not sure there's ever been a golden age of football club ownership, but it makes me sick to see the asset-strippers, spivs and shi thawks involved at almost every level of the game now. I know someone very central to the Pompey Supporters Trust, and even they, with everything they'd been through, still voted to sell the club to an overseas investor because they couldn't see how else they could develop the ground/progress beyond the 2nd tier without the promised investment. Depressing.

Good luck to Wigan and every other club with cun ts on the make/out of their depth.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wigan into administration on 16:22 - Jul 9 with 3103 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan into administration on 16:01 - Jul 9 by Konk

Whatever's going on up there, it's clearly bent as fu ck. I hope they stop up. Kudos to every Wiganer who supports Wigan rather than one of the Manc/Scouse clubs.

Always enjoyed Wigan as an away day - fair bit of scrapping at their place in '96 when we were both going for promotion from the 4th, but other than that, they've always seemed a friendly bunch.

It seems that during the 80's-90's, every other away game would involve some sort of sack-the-board demonstration, so I'm not sure there's ever been a golden age of football club ownership, but it makes me sick to see the asset-strippers, spivs and shi thawks involved at almost every level of the game now. I know someone very central to the Pompey Supporters Trust, and even they, with everything they'd been through, still voted to sell the club to an overseas investor because they couldn't see how else they could develop the ground/progress beyond the 2nd tier without the promised investment. Depressing.

Good luck to Wigan and every other club with cun ts on the make/out of their depth.

I thought Khan would be one to be honest Konk, but so far it seems not.
Wigan into administration on 16:35 - Jul 9 with 3072 viewsKonk

Wigan into administration on 16:22 - Jul 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Khan would be one to be honest Konk, but so far it seems not.

They're pretty clueless in almost every respect (maybe every respect?) but they've spent plenty of money and are spending a bundle on building the new Riverside. Must be amazing to be so wealthy that you can invest a few hundred million quid in a business and then let your son run it on a part-time basis, despite not knowing what he's doing!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wigan into administration on 16:40 - Jul 9 with 3056 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan into administration on 16:35 - Jul 9 by Konk

They're pretty clueless in almost every respect (maybe every respect?) but they've spent plenty of money and are spending a bundle on building the new Riverside. Must be amazing to be so wealthy that you can invest a few hundred million quid in a business and then let your son run it on a part-time basis, despite not knowing what he's doing!

No danger of FFP or administration though is there?
Wigan into administration on 20:43 - Jul 9 with 2921 viewsRoller

Wigan into administration on 14:18 - Jul 9 by QPR_John

"My take on the situation is that the 12 point deduction will only come into effect this season if it means they will be relegated because of it"

As far as I understand it this is not the case and it was not applied to Birmingham. If Wigan are relegated by finishing in the bottom three ( not likely ) they will have the twelve points deducted next season. Otherwise the twelve points will be deducted this season when they either stay up or be relegated but with no penalty next season.

That isn't the end of their troubles. If, when they exit administration, they are not in a position to pay their creditors 25p in the £, they will get hit with a further 15 point penalty.
Wigan into administration on 00:09 - Jul 10 with 2842 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nice little solidarity scheme:

Wigan into administration on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 2665 views2Thomas2Bowles

Looks like they could still be relegated

10 points above Luton and play Fulham last game.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan into administration on 17:53 - Jul 18 with 2605 viewsManinBlack

Wigan into administration on 17:31 - Jul 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Looks like they could still be relegated

10 points above Luton and play Fulham last game.

Yes and with Charlton away to Leeds and Luton at home to Blackburn who probably don't give a damn, it looks like Luton will stay up unless Wigan win their appeal.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 17:53]
Wigan into administration on 18:06 - Jul 18 with 2570 viewsstevec

Wigan into administration on 17:53 - Jul 18 by ManinBlack

Yes and with Charlton away to Leeds and Luton at home to Blackburn who probably don't give a damn, it looks like Luton will stay up unless Wigan win their appeal.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 17:53]

It’s totally out of order that going into the last game of the season, no one at the bottom knows what position they’re in.

This is grossly unfair on the innocent teams, Luton, Charlton, Birmingham and Boro. If Boro dropped this is the second season in succession they’ve been shafted.

I appreciate there’s a lot of sympathy for Wigan but if they get away with it then it seems the only club who has ever got hammered is us.
Wigan into administration on 18:12 - Jul 18 with 2542 viewsMiss_Terraces

Wigan into administration on 18:06 - Jul 18 by stevec

It’s totally out of order that going into the last game of the season, no one at the bottom knows what position they’re in.

This is grossly unfair on the innocent teams, Luton, Charlton, Birmingham and Boro. If Boro dropped this is the second season in succession they’ve been shafted.

I appreciate there’s a lot of sympathy for Wigan but if they get away with it then it seems the only club who has ever got hammered is us.

I don't know if Birmingham are innocent, more down to the incompetence of the efl for not punishing them
I do agree it's a total sham

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Wigan into administration on 18:53 - Jul 18 with 2459 viewsterryb

Wigan into administration on 18:06 - Jul 18 by stevec

How were 'boro shafted last season please?

I do agree with you that all of the clubs should know the result of the Wigan appeal & the Wednesday hearing before the last games are played. They could have a great bearing on the final outcome.

Unless we hear differently, relegation is between Hull, Wigan, Luton and Charlton. IF Wigan were to win an appeal (I can't see how they could), that would bring Brum & 'boro into the mix.

If Wednesday were to suffer a 12 point deduction they would be favourites to join Barnsley & Hull in League One next season.
Wigan into administration on 22:03 - Jul 22 with 2210 viewsNewhopphoops

Wigan into administration on 18:53 - Jul 18 by terryb

How were 'boro shafted last season please?

I do agree with you that all of the clubs should know the result of the Wigan appeal & the Wednesday hearing before the last games are played. They could have a great bearing on the final outcome.

Unless we hear differently, relegation is between Hull, Wigan, Luton and Charlton. IF Wigan were to win an appeal (I can't see how they could), that would bring Brum & 'boro into the mix.

If Wednesday were to suffer a 12 point deduction they would be favourites to join Barnsley & Hull in League One next season.

Are they down then?
Wigan into administration on 22:10 - Jul 22 with 2180 viewsterryb

Wigan into administration on 22:03 - Jul 22 by Newhopphoops

Are they down then?

Hull, Wigan & Charlton are relegatred subject to the Wigan appeal.
Wigan into administration on 22:19 - Jul 22 with 2114 viewsrrrspricey

Wigan into administration on 22:10 - Jul 22 by terryb

Hull, Wigan & Charlton are relegatred subject to the Wigan appeal.

If there's any justice Shef Weds should take Charlton's place in that 3
Wigan into administration on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 2099 viewsterryb

Wigan into administration on 22:19 - Jul 22 by rrrspricey

If there's any justice Shef Weds should take Charlton's place in that 3

That would be nice!
Wigan into administration on 23:06 - Jul 22 with 2003 viewsStanisgod

Wigan into administration on 22:21 - Jul 22 by terryb

That would be nice!

They only hit the smaller clubs, won't touch the big ones unless they know it doesn't matter, a la Brum.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Wigan into administration on 23:21 - Jul 22 with 1959 viewsManinBlack

I am still in a quandary what to think here. Barnsley win their last two matches with stoppage time goals turning two points into six and celebrate their great escape leaving their manager in tears. Yet for all this they could still be retrospectively relegated if Wigan win the appeal. Surely not?
Wigan into administration on 23:58 - Jul 22 with 1880 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The Football League are a joke for allowing the sale of Wigan to go through in the first place and the owners passing the fit and proper person test.
Why have other clubs like Sheffield Wednesday and Derby not been penalised for breaking FFP?
There appears be no integrity or consistency when it comes to the Football League.

Wigan do not deserve to be relegated.
Wigan into administration on 18:26 - Jul 24 with 1674 views2Thomas2Bowles

The prefered buyer looks to have pulled out.

Because of not avoiding relegation?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53530653

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wigan into administration on 18:33 - Jul 24 with 1652 viewsRangersDave

However , if i may opine a position of clarity.....

All these turkeys voted for Christmas in the past when they had a chance to change things.

I do have some sympathy but if less than 50% of them didnt bother to vote or collectively be vociferous about the position, then they are to blame in themselves.

After all, for evil to triumph all it takes good men to do nothing!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 20:01]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Wigan into administration on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 1422 viewsstevec

Wigan into administration on 18:26 - Jul 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The prefered buyer looks to have pulled out.

Because of not avoiding relegation?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53530653

They’ve got to take the drop, grossly unfair on Barnsley if they went instead.

Wigan’s a basket case, sort it out in League One.
Wigan into administration on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 1286 viewsQPR_John

Wigan into administration on 11:36 - Jul 25 by stevec

They’ve got to take the drop, grossly unfair on Barnsley if they went instead.

Wigan’s a basket case, sort it out in League One.

Surely not unfair as they finished in the bottom three. What is unfair is the FL putting Wigan and Barnsley in that situation. Cannot imagine Barnsley would not have fought as hard to avoid relegation if Wigan had not had points deducted.
Wigan into administration on 14:44 - Jul 25 with 1192 viewsOldPedro

The other thing to consider is if Wigan win their appeal and the points deduction is overturned, I'd expect a whole raft of league clubs to suddenly go into administration as a way of reducing their debts

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wigan into administration on 17:58 - Jul 25 with 1082 viewsLazyFan

Wigan into administration on 13:54 - Jul 25 by QPR_John

Surely not unfair as they finished in the bottom three. What is unfair is the FL putting Wigan and Barnsley in that situation. Cannot imagine Barnsley would not have fought as hard to avoid relegation if Wigan had not had points deducted.

But its not that simple as "look at the points".

As one could argue that because Wigan did not play by the rules ... allegedly, they were able to get players in and more importantly not have to sell key players (like Barnsley have to do all the time) ... allegedly and this is how they were able to get more points than they should have done ... allegedly.

In addition, other clubs are doing this too as we know and then Barnsleys 49 points should be way more (as they would have won more games against these cheater clubs if they had not cheated) and we can see they do not deserve to go down.

Or in other words, they only finished in the bottom three points-wise because the others cheated, unlike Barnsley who played by the rules. Either cheating is allowed and Barnsley should have done it too, or it's not and they don't deserve to go down.

If cheating is allowed, then I just added a new rule that says as Florist have so many players they can have an extra 20 points? After all, if we are cheating let's make it up proper like the EFL do ... allegedly.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024