Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why bother 21:08 - Jul 1 with 3181 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't know why the owners bother anymore.
£1 Millon a month to keep us afloat they are putting in.

What's the point, there does not seem to be any sensible reason to carry on with the losses

The only way to get some of the money back is a year in the Prem, that looks a pipe dream

So what's the end game here, makes no sense to me*

taking being a fan out of the equation

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Why bother on 21:19 - Jul 1 with 2605 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

When we was in the Prem the outlay was for exposure to Asian markets for Tune Group.

Loftus Rd is now the only reason they are still here, although I noticed Jamie Reuben the property tycoon has departed.
Why bother on 21:28 - Jul 1 with 2580 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why bother on 21:19 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

When we was in the Prem the outlay was for exposure to Asian markets for Tune Group.

Loftus Rd is now the only reason they are still here, although I noticed Jamie Reuben the property tycoon has departed.

So what's the game? no pun

Why bother on 21:32 - Jul 1 with 2550 viewsBoston

Why bother on 21:28 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

First, we want to start with a level playing field...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why bother on 21:54 - Jul 1 with 2487 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why bother on 21:28 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well if I was a multi billionaire with no original emotional connection to QPR I’d sell Loftus Rd and build a cheaper identikit stadium next to a motorway halfway to Reading, bank the difference, then fvck off.

I’d use language like ‘sustainability’ and ‘moving forward’ to sell it to the fans. I’d paint myself as a generous benefactor who's hand was forced by a dastardly Council.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 23:05]
Why bother on 22:16 - Jul 1 with 2404 viewseghamranger

Why bother on 21:54 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well if I was a multi billionaire with no original emotional connection to QPR I’d sell Loftus Rd and build a cheaper identikit stadium next to a motorway halfway to Reading, bank the difference, then fvck off.

I’d use language like ‘sustainability’ and ‘moving forward’ to sell it to the fans. I’d paint myself as a generous benefactor who's hand was forced by a dastardly Council.

Lucky your not... but the travelling would be easy for me!!
Why bother on 22:35 - Jul 1 with 2347 viewsBoston

..grass would be a green version of course.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why bother on 23:04 - Jul 1 with 2311 views2Thomas2Bowles

Looks.... so far, that it's not something peps what to discuss/question, strange...

Why bother on 23:09 - Jul 1 with 2298 viewsdaveB

I think the original plan was to get hold of valuable land at Old Oak but genuinely think at the moment they have an emotional attachment to the club to keep supporting it. All the people involved are already very rich and their wealth will not be improved that much by selling Loftus Road.

The issue with Fernandes and co for me has never been their intentions, they want to make QPR a sustainable club, the issue has been they have done a piss poor job and blew 2 amazing opportunities to grow the club
Login to get fewer ads

Why bother on 23:38 - Jul 1 with 2240 viewsCiderwithRsie

Why bother on 23:04 - Jul 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Looks.... so far, that it's not something peps what to discuss/question, strange...

I think it's more that none of us knows.

It's a sensible question alright and one that people should remember when slagging off the owners - God knows they've made some cock-ups, but they are keeping our club alive and so far haven't tried any really dodgy stuff on us.

I'd like to think that they have hopes to rebuild the club into promotion challengers when we've worked through FFP, but doing it slowly and sensibly this time.
Why bother on 00:08 - Jul 2 with 2199 viewsLythamR

I expect there are multiple reasons but my wild guess is that at least one of the drivers for Fernandes is Pride.

He failed with Caterham and by his own admission he made serious mistakes in the early years with QPR, If i was in his position I think i would definitely want to gain at least a modicum of success to make up for the failures so that at the right time I could pass on the club in decent shape, With the amount of money we are talking about now I think his reputation is more important to him than an extra 50m or so in additional losses
Why bother on 00:57 - Jul 2 with 2141 viewstimcocking

Indeed. Particularly when most fans seem to like to blame/despise them for anything and everything.
Why bother on 08:43 - Jul 2 with 1976 viewsswitchingcode

Are you related to the departed Ron Noades ?
Why bother on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 1892 views2Thomas2Bowles

The question is not just about this club but any club that runs at a loss.

It's also not a new question but when you see players like Sane being paid per month what our owners are paying out per year to keep us afloat then unless there is a sea change there is little/no point continuing (with a business head on)

IF as is likely, a second wave of CV hits in the Autumn/Winter , there is no chance of fans returning.

Still no word on this training ground purchase is that now likely to fall by the wayside.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 9:20]

Why bother on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 1786 viewsNortholt_Rs

Why bother on 23:38 - Jul 1 by CiderwithRsie

I think it's more that none of us knows.

It's a sensible question alright and one that people should remember when slagging off the owners - God knows they've made some cock-ups, but they are keeping our club alive and so far haven't tried any really dodgy stuff on us.

I'd like to think that they have hopes to rebuild the club into promotion challengers when we've worked through FFP, but doing it slowly and sensibly this time.

“Keeping our club alive”..... we are in this position solely because of Fernandes multiple balls ups during his ownership of the club. If we had been better managed their is no reason why we should not be an established PL club like Leicester etc. Instead we spend each new season looking at the foot of the championship hoping we will not eventually drop into League 1. No wonder we cannot attract new young supporters. What a complete mess and yes that comes down to the owners 100%. After a decade under Fernandes & co. we have wasted hundreds of millions of pounds, have been crippled by FFP, still do not own a training ground (wtf?), still in a decrepit stadium which is totally unfit for purpose in this modern age....and with a really pony team scraping the barrel to get in loans and dumping players because we cannot pay their wages. Fernandes has not saved us - he has destroyed us. Just like he did to Caterham. The man is a disaster and should be banned from having anything to do with any sport. People need to open their eyes.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:21]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Why bother on 10:32 - Jul 2 with 1744 viewsPunteR

Why bother on 09:17 - Jul 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's also not a new question but when you see players like Sane being paid per month what our owners are paying out per year to keep us afloat then unless there is a sea change there is little/no point continuing (with a business head on)

IF as is likely, a second wave of CV hits in the Autumn/Winter , there is no chance of fans returning.

Still no word on this training ground purchase is that now likely to fall by the wayside.

Probably some tax benefit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why bother on 10:45 - Jul 2 with 1709 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why bother on 10:20 - Jul 2 by Northolt_Rs

“Keeping our club alive”..... we are in this position solely because of Fernandes multiple balls ups during his ownership of the club. If we had been better managed their is no reason why we should not be an established PL club like Leicester etc. Instead we spend each new season looking at the foot of the championship hoping we will not eventually drop into League 1. No wonder we cannot attract new young supporters. What a complete mess and yes that comes down to the owners 100%. After a decade under Fernandes & co. we have wasted hundreds of millions of pounds, have been crippled by FFP, still do not own a training ground (wtf?), still in a decrepit stadium which is totally unfit for purpose in this modern age....and with a really pony team scraping the barrel to get in loans and dumping players because we cannot pay their wages. Fernandes has not saved us - he has destroyed us. Just like he did to Caterham. The man is a disaster and should be banned from having anything to do with any sport. People need to open their eyes.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:21]

Yeah, we know all that, Shoulda Woulda Coulda but that's not really answering the question.

What now and is there any point?

Why bother on 10:48 - Jul 2 with 1701 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why bother on 10:32 - Jul 2 by PunteR

Probably some tax benefit.

Possibly but a lot of hassle when there looks to be no long-term benefit in the Game as it is.

Why bother on 11:10 - Jul 2 with 1648 viewsToast_R

Northolt_Rs has a good point.

My counter argument would be, yes they blew the Premier League big time but they are not the first and certainly won't be the last club to suffer the consequences. How many clubs have come out of it and then tumbled another division? FFP has f*cked their method of ambition.

But what were QPR before Fernades and Co arrived? A weird project under a megalomanic who had no interest in the club, it's supporters or it's values. If FFP had come in and been a thing when he was around, God knows what would have happened but I sincerely doubt it would have been anything positive. Before that - the club was going to go bankrupt and wouldn't be around today - Fact.

My conclusion is - QPR are a club that given it's size and facilities, belong exactly where they are, fighting to stay above the third tier. To improve on that the road ahead is long and arduous - the issue with that of course is that it's a big ask for the fans who have recently already had their heads in the Premier Leagu trough, to be patient when there are no guarantees and watching players grow from good to fantastic and then sold over and over is almost dehumanising.

Different for Brentford, they've been building momentum for a number of years now so for their fans, it's still exciting. How they deal with the Premier League though is going to be their club defining deal breaker.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 11:20]
Why bother on 11:29 - Jul 2 with 1606 viewsdaveB

Why bother on 09:17 - Jul 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hoos said at the fans forum last week that the new training ground is with the lawyers and they have a confidentiality clause so can't say anything
Why bother on 11:34 - Jul 2 with 1591 viewsHAYESBOY

Why bother on 11:10 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

Northolt_Rs has a good point.

My counter argument would be, yes they blew the Premier League big time but they are not the first and certainly won't be the last club to suffer the consequences. How many clubs have come out of it and then tumbled another division? FFP has f*cked their method of ambition.

But what were QPR before Fernades and Co arrived? A weird project under a megalomanic who had no interest in the club, it's supporters or it's values. If FFP had come in and been a thing when he was around, God knows what would have happened but I sincerely doubt it would have been anything positive. Before that - the club was going to go bankrupt and wouldn't be around today - Fact.

My conclusion is - QPR are a club that given it's size and facilities, belong exactly where they are, fighting to stay above the third tier. To improve on that the road ahead is long and arduous - the issue with that of course is that it's a big ask for the fans who have recently already had their heads in the Premier Leagu trough, to be patient when there are no guarantees and watching players grow from good to fantastic and then sold over and over is almost dehumanising.

Different for Brentford, they've been building momentum for a number of years now so for their fans, it's still exciting. How they deal with the Premier League though is going to be their club defining deal breaker.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 11:20]

In my opinion.

There is some pride in there with regards to seeing through a new training ground and new ground.
There is possibly an affiliation with the club now. The good work that the club does locally, including things like the Tiger Cubs and Grenfell support.

Again in my opinion I think we went in a wrong direction when Warnock was let go and we tried to play Fantasy Football with all the millions the Prem offered.
I don't think it was done with malice or any intentions to hurt the club.
I think lessons have been learned, the hard way, and we are now on a better path with trying to bring through youth and lower league players.
Will take a lot of patience on our side to give them time to make the club sustainable while maintaining Championship status.
I think Warburton is a good appointment. Mistakes are still being made with the McLaren appointment, but mistakes will be made along the way.
I am hopeful for the future long term.
We could do a lot worse with the owners we have now and they have written a lot of debt off, albeit most of the debt they created.
As owners go, there are worse out there for sure and certainly the previous owners were a nightmare.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Why bother on 11:43 - Jul 2 with 1563 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why bother on 11:29 - Jul 2 by daveB

Hoos said at the fans forum last week that the new training ground is with the lawyers and they have a confidentiality clause so can't say anything

All that tells us is it's still up in the air, we know CV has impacted, how much so we will have to wait and see.

Why bother on 11:43 - Jul 2 with 1560 viewsisawqpratwcity

Why bother on 23:09 - Jul 1 by daveB

I think the original plan was to get hold of valuable land at Old Oak but genuinely think at the moment they have an emotional attachment to the club to keep supporting it. All the people involved are already very rich and their wealth will not be improved that much by selling Loftus Road.

The issue with Fernandes and co for me has never been their intentions, they want to make QPR a sustainable club, the issue has been they have done a piss poor job and blew 2 amazing opportunities to grow the club

"...the issue has been they have done a piss poor job and blew 2 amazing opportunities to grow the club"

Fair comment, but they are still here, shovelling money into the club at a rate we cannot even begin to comprehend.

i don't think it is very QPR to criticise a bloke when he is trying very hard, but still not quite getting there (though I think I may be in a very small minority when it comes to our owners). But I'm quite happy to criticise the previous pair who, imho, never gave a rat's about the club and managed to fluke their 4 Year Plan of making a profit and f*cking off.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Why bother on 11:57 - Jul 2 with 1520 viewsBostonR

It's a simple conclusion for me - they are in it for the long-term.

They are wealthy owners and generally owners from APAC who make mistakes tend to want to correct them. Luckily, Covid has and will change the footballing landscape (Wigan is the start of it) so there is an enormous opportunity.

The Board have done a enormous job in keeping R's afloat and I suspect our owners will take the long view. Granted, as a fan I am disappointed at current results but I am happy with our current owners. I suspect they will stick around for a lot longer.
Why bother on 13:47 - Jul 2 with 1311 viewsPunteR

Why bother on 11:57 - Jul 2 by BostonR

It's a simple conclusion for me - they are in it for the long-term.

They are wealthy owners and generally owners from APAC who make mistakes tend to want to correct them. Luckily, Covid has and will change the footballing landscape (Wigan is the start of it) so there is an enormous opportunity.

The Board have done a enormous job in keeping R's afloat and I suspect our owners will take the long view. Granted, as a fan I am disappointed at current results but I am happy with our current owners. I suspect they will stick around for a lot longer.

They've been here 10 years what makes you think these owners will take us to the promised land and make us a self sustaining club in the foreseeable future.?
I just can't see it myself. But yeh we could have worse owners I suppose.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why bother on 14:25 - Jul 2 with 1236 viewsBostonR

Why bother on 13:47 - Jul 2 by PunteR

They've been here 10 years what makes you think these owners will take us to the promised land and make us a self sustaining club in the foreseeable future.?
I just can't see it myself. But yeh we could have worse owners I suppose.

It's the hope that kills you......

As you say it could be a lot worse. What price that a number of League 1&2 clubs fold over the next few weeks?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024