Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Finances 16:59 - Jul 2 with 10507 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Still a bit of a way to go but not as bad as some. Next year's will be interesting bearing in mind this is a year old:

[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 17:02]
QPR Finances on 17:05 - Jul 2 with 6250 viewsdaveB

Blimey look at Reading, and they are crap as well
QPR Finances on 17:40 - Jul 2 with 6121 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford’s results excellent even though it only resulted in 11th place finish
Sheffield United managed to get promoted on similar player budget
Goes to show how clubs get in Tito the brown stuff
QPR Finances on 17:48 - Jul 2 with 6104 viewsslmrstid

Absolutely crazy wages figures there.

At the turnover figures clubs make, there is no reason whatsoever that they can't be run at a profit.

The problem is as soon as one club goes mental on wages where the owner is happy to subsidise the loss, everyone else has to follow to have any chance of competing.

The whole thing is broken beyond repair. It just makes zero sense for these owners to pile money and lose it year after year after year, and yet they all do.
QPR Finances on 18:44 - Jul 2 with 5975 viewsMelakaRanger

So the average wage of a QPR player was over half a million pounds per year. Utter madness!

There is no way on earth any footballer in the Premiership or Championship is worth half a million a year - yet some even earn a couple of million a month!

In the 'real world' a company that 'earns' say £23 million and pays out £33 million in wages , let alone all the other expenses , would go bust! So how can Birmingham be solvent?

The riches of Sky for the past 20 years or so have gone down the toilet of obsence wages, for in general , players with average ability at best.

If for some weird reason Sky decided to televise business at various branches of Greggs The Bakers and paid Greggs £100 million for the privilege, theres no way Greggs would then allow the staff to be paid extortionate wages and to suck up all or even more than all of the TV money. But thats what Football clubs have done.

A club should only be allowed to spend what it earns, plus maybe a sum of up to 10% of income as "allowed" borrowing/investment.

Neither you nor I can live beyond our means, if we do, we go bust. The same should apply to Football clubs. Maybe that will mean clubs like QPR might never get to the Premiership. So be it. In life we would all aspire to have/do "things" but we have what we can afford. I would love a Tesla Model X. Its far beyond my means and I'll never get one. C'est la vie! But good for you if you earn enough to have one.

We need a hard reset. Football and in particular players wages need a sever reality check
QPR Finances on 18:55 - Jul 2 with 5939 viewsswitchingcode

QPR Finances on 18:44 - Jul 2 by MelakaRanger

So the average wage of a QPR player was over half a million pounds per year. Utter madness!

There is no way on earth any footballer in the Premiership or Championship is worth half a million a year - yet some even earn a couple of million a month!

In the 'real world' a company that 'earns' say £23 million and pays out £33 million in wages , let alone all the other expenses , would go bust! So how can Birmingham be solvent?

The riches of Sky for the past 20 years or so have gone down the toilet of obsence wages, for in general , players with average ability at best.

If for some weird reason Sky decided to televise business at various branches of Greggs The Bakers and paid Greggs £100 million for the privilege, theres no way Greggs would then allow the staff to be paid extortionate wages and to suck up all or even more than all of the TV money. But thats what Football clubs have done.

A club should only be allowed to spend what it earns, plus maybe a sum of up to 10% of income as "allowed" borrowing/investment.

Neither you nor I can live beyond our means, if we do, we go bust. The same should apply to Football clubs. Maybe that will mean clubs like QPR might never get to the Premiership. So be it. In life we would all aspire to have/do "things" but we have what we can afford. I would love a Tesla Model X. Its far beyond my means and I'll never get one. C'est la vie! But good for you if you earn enough to have one.

We need a hard reset. Football and in particular players wages need a sever reality check

Very good post agree with all of that.
QPR Finances on 19:08 - Jul 2 with 5912 viewsthemodfather

a time will come where football clubs have to run to a budget per league. then it will be who hathe best team spirit, will, passion etc and not cash rewards.
QPR Finances on 19:18 - Jul 2 with 5874 viewsMatch82

QPR Finances on 19:08 - Jul 2 by themodfather

a time will come where football clubs have to run to a budget per league. then it will be who hathe best team spirit, will, passion etc and not cash rewards.

I agree but don't see it happening any time soon because if you cap wages in the UK the best players will go abroad.
QPR Finances on 19:38 - Jul 2 with 5824 viewsMistication92

Reading, Sheff Wed and Derby, bloody hell! Especially since the 1st two are terrible!
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Finances on 20:01 - Jul 2 with 5739 viewsterryb

Stoke paying £56 million is the one that leapt out at me along with Villa & Reading.

I know that it was the first season after relegation for Stoke but they have as far to go in reducing wages as we had to!
QPR Finances on 20:23 - Jul 2 with 5644 viewsVancouverHoop

QPR Finances on 19:18 - Jul 2 by Match82

I agree but don't see it happening any time soon because if you cap wages in the UK the best players will go abroad.

Precisely. It would need to be FIFA enforced and there's no way that's going to happen.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 20:25]
QPR Finances on 20:42 - Jul 2 with 5579 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

End transfer fees for a start. In what other Industry would be pay £150m for a human being?
QPR Finances on 21:07 - Jul 2 with 5504 viewstraininvain

What a job Chris Wilder’s done at Sheffield United.
QPR Finances on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 5446 viewsRoller

QPR Finances on 17:05 - Jul 2 by daveB

Blimey look at Reading, and they are crap as well

I've spent a bit of time digging into Reading's accounts to see how they had managed not to breach FFP after seeing a headline declaring that “Reading announce £40.6m loss as players wages soar”. In each of their last three sets of published accounts, Reading had benefited enormously from significant, one-off transactions. In 2016/17 loans of over £9million were written off. I’d hazard a guess that the loans were from Sir John Madejski and he agreed to waive repayment of them as part of the sale of the club to Dai Yongge and his sister Dai Xiu Li. The following season was boosted by the profit of around £6.5million on the highly publicised sale of the Madejski Stadium to Renhe Sports Management Company (owned by Dai Yongge). Last season Reading sold their training ground to the same company for any even greater profit of around £8million despite their new training facility at Bearwood Park not being ready. Those transactions have enabled Reading to dress up their profit and loss to the tune of almost £24million over the last three seasons; it is very hard to envisage what else they sell to avoid facing up to their underlying problem.
QPR Finances on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 5436 viewsMickS

That could be quite funny.
QPR Finances on 22:26 - Jul 2 with 5329 viewsMatch82

QPR Finances on 20:23 - Jul 2 by VancouverHoop

Precisely. It would need to be FIFA enforced and there's no way that's going to happen.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 20:25]

Plus currency exchange rate fluctuations etc would make a mockery of that
QPR Finances on 22:47 - Jul 2 with 5284 viewsrsonist

QPR Finances on 21:20 - Jul 2 by Roller

I've spent a bit of time digging into Reading's accounts to see how they had managed not to breach FFP after seeing a headline declaring that “Reading announce £40.6m loss as players wages soar”. In each of their last three sets of published accounts, Reading had benefited enormously from significant, one-off transactions. In 2016/17 loans of over £9million were written off. I’d hazard a guess that the loans were from Sir John Madejski and he agreed to waive repayment of them as part of the sale of the club to Dai Yongge and his sister Dai Xiu Li. The following season was boosted by the profit of around £6.5million on the highly publicised sale of the Madejski Stadium to Renhe Sports Management Company (owned by Dai Yongge). Last season Reading sold their training ground to the same company for any even greater profit of around £8million despite their new training facility at Bearwood Park not being ready. Those transactions have enabled Reading to dress up their profit and loss to the tune of almost £24million over the last three seasons; it is very hard to envisage what else they sell to avoid facing up to their underlying problem.

Click through to this thread and there's a litany of other fishy business (aka Derby-style "fancy footwork" that the EFL have apparently waved through):

QPR Finances on 22:51 - Jul 2 with 5266 viewsrsonist

Reading supporters trust have also published their analysis/concerns here:

https://star-reading.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Reading-FC-Notes-from-the-ac
QPR Finances on 23:22 - Jul 2 with 5205 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm surprised how apparently responsible our finances are, at least by comparison. Kudos to Lee Hoos. We are eighth in income but fifteenth in wages; fourth lowest wage to income ratio.

Not sure about some of that info, though. I don't see how Birmingham have a negative breakeven wage.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR Finances on 02:51 - Jul 3 with 5100 viewsMistication92

Will they? Where is this market going to be where suddenly clubs in Europe have more cash than English ones? Isn't it usually the English clubs offering bigger wages?
QPR Finances on 04:22 - Jul 3 with 5069 viewsMatch82

QPR Finances on 02:51 - Jul 3 by Mistication92

Will they? Where is this market going to be where suddenly clubs in Europe have more cash than English ones? Isn't it usually the English clubs offering bigger wages?

Today yes but presumably that wouldn't be the case if there was a wage cap/total budget per club, particularly one considered "reasonable"
QPR Finances on 07:00 - Jul 3 with 4981 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Finances on 23:22 - Jul 2 by isawqpratwcity

I'm surprised how apparently responsible our finances are, at least by comparison. Kudos to Lee Hoos. We are eighth in income but fifteenth in wages; fourth lowest wage to income ratio.

Not sure about some of that info, though. I don't see how Birmingham have a negative breakeven wage.

Absolutely.

In a week when one club have gone into administration and in a season when others are hovering, these are exceptional figures for our club.

I don't want to come across as a fanboy so I hope people will believe me when I say I would call them to task if they were lazy, incompetent or both, but Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey (and staff) and Warburton are doing keeping us afloat while FFP tries to kill us is incredible.

Remember, next year we will have some leeway as old losses come off our books.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Finances on 08:39 - Jul 3 with 4831 viewsTheChef

QPR Finances on 17:40 - Jul 2 by switchingcode

Brentford’s results excellent even though it only resulted in 11th place finish
Sheffield United managed to get promoted on similar player budget
Goes to show how clubs get in Tito the brown stuff

Not sure you can blame it on a Yugoslav dictator.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR Finances on 08:52 - Jul 3 with 4812 viewssmegma

QPR Finances on 08:39 - Jul 3 by TheChef

And a dead one.
QPR Finances on 09:01 - Jul 3 with 4791 viewsswitchingcode

QPR Finances on 08:39 - Jul 3 by TheChef

😂😂😡
QPR Finances on 09:36 - Jul 3 with 4719 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR Finances on 07:00 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Absolutely.

In a week when one club have gone into administration and in a season when others are hovering, these are exceptional figures for our club.

I don't want to come across as a fanboy so I hope people will believe me when I say I would call them to task if they were lazy, incompetent or both, but Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey (and staff) and Warburton are doing keeping us afloat while FFP tries to kill us is incredible.

Remember, next year we will have some leeway as old losses come off our books.

Lee Hoos and the rest of the management deserve great praise for driving the costs to a much better level.

They have continued their good work since but we should remember that income is almost certain to be severely reduced as this was the last season that we received a parachute payment. (not to mention the increased costs and lost income due to the corona virus).

Brian, I think you will agree, they will need to continue this approach for the foreseeable future until others are forced to take a similar approach, either through circumstances as the losses mount up or enforcement by the footballing authorities. At some time we may have a more level playing field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024