Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finney’s finest hour 04:52 - Jul 3 with 6802 viewsSirNose

Haven’t missed an episode of the QPR podcast since 2013. Finney was at his absolute best this week. Would love to hear him speak out like that more often. Showing some passion makes the show more engaging especially when discussions are rarely technical. Great work this week Finney!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:30]
Finney’s finest hour on 05:47 - Jul 3 with 5285 viewsozexile

Yeah he was good. And he summed up pretty much how I feel. 3 weeks ago we were getting excited about a play off push and now we're hoping results go our way so we can be safe from relegation.
We usually don't do the first few games of the season, we don't do the last 8 games either. We also don't do London Derby's.
Oh and we don't do cups games n case of injuries to players that we generally release for no money anyway.
We actually set our stall out in the Premier league claiming we weren't gonna do away games and that we'd designate them bonus games.
Only at QPR.
Finney’s finest hour on 08:11 - Jul 3 with 5129 viewsSirNose

The pod tends to be pragmatic when the situation really needs an outward display of disgust and frustration.
Finney’s finest hour on 08:38 - Jul 3 with 5069 viewsTheChef

Hi Finney!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Finney’s finest hour on 08:43 - Jul 3 with 5061 viewssmegma

He's not the messiah !!!!
Finney’s finest hour on 09:00 - Jul 3 with 5033 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 08:11 - Jul 3 by SirNose

The pod tends to be pragmatic when the situation really needs an outward display of disgust and frustration.

It doesn't need it at all.
Finney’s finest hour on 09:44 - Jul 3 with 4951 viewsdaveB

trouble is a few weeks ago he is saying what great hands we are in when interviewing Ferdinand and Ramsey and saying how great it all is then as soon as we lose a few games it's an absolute meltdown from him. I agreed with some of the things he said but it's always one extreme or the other.

if things were great and promising 3 games ago then it shouldn't be crisis time when you lose a few and don't play well.

That said the pattern of a promising season falling off a cliff is becoming a bit too regular, this is 4 in a row now this has happened, we ended up recovering to finish well in one of them (holloways last season) and need to finish well in this one rather than let it drift away. The aim should have been a top half finish given where we were 3 games ago and would have been a superb achievement, to now be worrying about staying up is massive step backwards
Finney’s finest hour on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 4947 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't agree but if it did they would be unlikely to get interviews with Lee Hoos, Les Ferdinand and any of the current staff or players.

Thy may even struggle to get many past club figures if they have been openly disgusted with them as well.

The podcast is useful and enjoyable as it is the views of fans who come over as knowledgeable and sensible whilst sharing our pain and frustration, coupled with very interesting pieces with guests from the club past and present. It definitely doesn't need a radical change of approach.
Finney’s finest hour on 09:53 - Jul 3 with 4928 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 09:44 - Jul 3 by daveB

trouble is a few weeks ago he is saying what great hands we are in when interviewing Ferdinand and Ramsey and saying how great it all is then as soon as we lose a few games it's an absolute meltdown from him. I agreed with some of the things he said but it's always one extreme or the other.

if things were great and promising 3 games ago then it shouldn't be crisis time when you lose a few and don't play well.

That said the pattern of a promising season falling off a cliff is becoming a bit too regular, this is 4 in a row now this has happened, we ended up recovering to finish well in one of them (holloways last season) and need to finish well in this one rather than let it drift away. The aim should have been a top half finish given where we were 3 games ago and would have been a superb achievement, to now be worrying about staying up is massive step backwards

"if things were great and promising 3 games ago then it shouldn't be crisis time when you lose a few and don't play well"

"given where we were 3 games ago and would have been a superb achievement, to now be worrying about staying up is massive step backwards"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Login to get fewer ads

Finney’s finest hour on 10:01 - Jul 3 with 4920 viewsaston_hoop

I have to say, I see very much the opposite. Always enjoy the podcast, in a world where any old person can go on Twitter or here or anywhere and shout out fake aggression, anger and disgust behind an anonymous handle, it's great to see these guys and girls put themselves forward every week and provide reasoned content. Feels like a great link to our club for us expats too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Finney’s finest hour on 10:19 - Jul 3 with 4879 viewsdaveB

Finney’s finest hour on 09:53 - Jul 3 by rsonist

"if things were great and promising 3 games ago then it shouldn't be crisis time when you lose a few and don't play well"

"given where we were 3 games ago and would have been a superb achievement, to now be worrying about staying up is massive step backwards"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can see how that is contradictory, should have been clearer.

I think losing the games and the season fading away is a step backwards and a real disappointment but that shouldn't overwrite all the good things that the club/team have done over the last few months. If it continues and we do end up in a relegation battle that's pretty indefensible imo but I do think there is a bit of middle ground and we were not great and brilliant 3 games ago we were a side who when it clicks can be great to watch and can beat anyone but also a side with big flaws in it who if we are not on top of our game can lose to anyone.

I came into this season not having a clue where we would finish and 6 games to go I still have no idea
Finney’s finest hour on 10:33 - Jul 3 with 4851 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 10:19 - Jul 3 by daveB

I think losing the games and the season fading away is a step backwards and a real disappointment but that shouldn't overwrite all the good things that the club/team have done over the last few months. If it continues and we do end up in a relegation battle that's pretty indefensible imo but I do think there is a bit of middle ground and we were not great and brilliant 3 games ago we were a side who when it clicks can be great to watch and can beat anyone but also a side with big flaws in it who if we are not on top of our game can lose to anyone.

I came into this season not having a clue where we would finish and 6 games to go I still have no idea

Okay this I agree with.

Three games is never going to be a massive step backwards, and especially not given the context we are all well aware of (though some choose to hypocritically ignore for the sake of a soppy tantrum).
Finney’s finest hour on 11:11 - Jul 3 with 4776 viewsNorthernr

Here it is for those that missed it...

Misery loves company - Podcast 3rd Jul 2020 11:10
It's a grumpy, downbeat Open All R's Podcast this week as the panel reflect on three successive defeats for QPR. 0

Finney’s finest hour on 11:28 - Jul 3 with 4733 viewsSonofNorfolt

Frankly I don't know why they bothered this week?
No special insight, sometimes it is better not say anything as nothing needs to be said.
Finney’s finest hour on 11:30 - Jul 3 with 4729 viewsNorthernr

Finney’s finest hour on 11:28 - Jul 3 by SonofNorfolt

No special insight, sometimes it is better not say anything as nothing needs to be said.

Yeh I didn't want to be on this week but Chris and David said they couldn't and asked me to do it. Miserable week, work horrendous, and then an hour of that. Not fun.
Finney’s finest hour on 11:49 - Jul 3 with 4692 viewsTacticalR

I find it quite therapeutic.

Air hostess clique

Finney’s finest hour on 12:17 - Jul 3 with 4638 viewsMistication92

Finney’s finest hour on 11:30 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Yeh I didn't want to be on this week but Chris and David said they couldn't and asked me to do it. Miserable week, work horrendous, and then an hour of that. Not fun.

OTOH, I've really enjoyed hearing you and Flo this season, it's a good line up. You can both tell you write/broadcast about football and Flo's been great on the Guardian's Football Weekly. You should try and get on there as well, I feel like it would be very entertaining!
Finney’s finest hour on 12:22 - Jul 3 with 4611 viewsqprxtc

Don’t we all do our own internal podcasts? I’ve got so many people babbling on about stuff in my brain that’s it hard to hear myself think.

I’m with Finney though. Didn’t listen to it but he made the most sense.
Finney’s finest hour on 14:16 - Jul 3 with 4484 viewsTheChef

Finney’s finest hour on 10:19 - Jul 3 by daveB

16th anyone?

We will then have a post-season rebrand as "QPR 16th FC"

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Finney’s finest hour on 15:52 - Jul 3 with 4401 viewsdaveB

Finney’s finest hour on 14:16 - Jul 3 by TheChef

16th anyone?

We will then have a post-season rebrand as "QPR 16th FC"

I jokingly put that in the latest AKUTRS that we'll probably finish 16th, I think I'd take that now
Finney’s finest hour on 16:29 - Jul 3 with 4378 viewsSirNose

I liked the pod this week.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 7:07]
Finney’s finest hour on 12:06 - Jul 4 with 4155 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, that was tense! Another one of those and we'll be prescribing medical marijuana for the panelists.

On the scouting issue I tend to agree with Clive that last year's scouting and recruitment was a good job well done. I don't agree with Finney at all that we can do better, or at least not much better. Not on our budget. If we can do as well this year I'll be delighted.

I thought Theo was reasoned, well-researched and calm. Excellent guest spot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Finney’s finest hour on 18:33 - Jul 4 with 4006 viewsWestonsuperR

I disagree. We are all annoyed at results but to criticize the club and particularly transfer policy seemed a childish over reaction to the disappointment of defeat when we had actually played well against a team with a far better squad. The poor run needs to be put into perspective, low budget, transformation of the team, playing attacking football and using younger players and whilst doing so setting us up to receive some substantial transfer fees. Complete over reaction, really glad Clive added a bit of balance.
Finney’s finest hour on 11:02 - Jul 5 with 3814 viewsrsonist

"But Clive we're paying Hugill and Wells almost Premier League wages, on two players, now you can tell me it's not true but we both know that's the case"

"I really don't like it when you start talking about good fans and bad fans... Finney goes to every game... fans are entitled to their opinion"
Finney’s finest hour on 11:39 - Jul 5 with 3786 viewssmegma

I gave up after five minutes.......the presenter was useless
Finney’s finest hour on 12:55 - Jul 5 with 3755 viewsrsonist

Finney’s finest hour on 11:39 - Jul 5 by smegma

I gave up after five minutes.......the presenter was useless

Not having this. Flo is really good and is a big improvement to the pod.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024