Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called 14:24 - Jul 3 with 6810 viewscharmr

Found a twitter page with a guy getting old adidas shirts made. Tried to get in touch a few times but no luck. Has he gone awol, anyone know? I don’t have twitter and asked my wife to reach out. Even tried the email.

Would love some of these shirts. My originals don’t fit me anymore😃

Thanks
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 14:29 - Jul 3 with 5011 viewsNorthernr

Club went after him a week or so back, put out a statement asking fans not to buy fake gear, costing the club money etc etc.
His Twitter account has been shut down today but I'd noticed a few people had been Tweeting about him taking orders, not fulfilling them and going quiet, and then when shirts had arrived the quality was up and down.

I think rather than go hot and heavy chasing the guy the club may want to ask themselves why people are turning to him for shirts. To me it says the club aren't doing a big enough, good enough, cheap enough range of retro gear. Correct that, then call him out. They also did it at a time when people had been waiting 6 weeks or more for orders from the club shop. So I think they've misjudged it rather.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 14:44 - Jul 3 with 4959 viewspaulparker

My missus tried to get me one funny enough
There’s also a site called diamond retro who used to do the same thing, could be the same guy as he is always changing the name of the site , they used to do the 86 top with the Adidas on there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:14 - Jul 3 with 4921 viewscharmr

Seems the club shop manager is getting flack however he has to support the clubs thinking.
I’ve always thought the club is always chasing the pennies as if it’s going to help the owners save on putting in a million every month. Economics 101 yet not very pragmatic.

Personally these shirts are classic outerwear and ones I would wear on a daily basis. I’m in no rush to walk around with betting company’s or airlines on a throw away shirt.

Guinness only sponsored us and Cork city. They were very reluctant to partner with a football club due to alcohol and hooliganism related incidents. Park Royal brewery sealed the deal.

Not cost effective for adidas to make them but..........
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 15:26]
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:18 - Jul 3 with 4910 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 14:44 - Jul 3 by paulparker

My missus tried to get me one funny enough
There’s also a site called diamond retro who used to do the same thing, could be the same guy as he is always changing the name of the site , they used to do the 86 top with the Adidas on there

‘75 home shirt on sale at the shop is really nice.

I was impressed with the quality of all the merch I got this week.

All I need now is a quality dennis the menace away shirt for next season with a wearable sponsor on it

*sorry didn’t mean to quote you pp
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 15:20]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:25 - Jul 3 with 4892 viewsrsonist

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 14:29 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Club went after him a week or so back, put out a statement asking fans not to buy fake gear, costing the club money etc etc.
His Twitter account has been shut down today but I'd noticed a few people had been Tweeting about him taking orders, not fulfilling them and going quiet, and then when shirts had arrived the quality was up and down.

I think rather than go hot and heavy chasing the guy the club may want to ask themselves why people are turning to him for shirts. To me it says the club aren't doing a big enough, good enough, cheap enough range of retro gear. Correct that, then call him out. They also did it at a time when people had been waiting 6 weeks or more for orders from the club shop. So I think they've misjudged it rather.

Can't see how the club are going to pay licensing and/or manufacturing fees to adidas (if they'd even be amenable to it) for a broader range of retro shirts to indulge a conservative and reactionary fanbase knowing it will eat further into sales of new gear.

https://www.shop.qpr.co.uk/leisurewear/retro.html

Can anyone argue this isn't a pretty broad selection of official retro stuff by most clubs standards? The real demand here is for the bootleg adidas logos...
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 4878 viewsNorthernr

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:25 - Jul 3 by rsonist

Can't see how the club are going to pay licensing and/or manufacturing fees to adidas (if they'd even be amenable to it) for a broader range of retro shirts to indulge a conservative and reactionary fanbase knowing it will eat further into sales of new gear.

https://www.shop.qpr.co.uk/leisurewear/retro.html

Can anyone argue this isn't a pretty broad selection of official retro stuff by most clubs standards? The real demand here is for the bootleg adidas logos...

Yeh, maybe good point.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 4866 viewsrsonist

What's even really missing? The quarters, the navy pinstripe (already remade once for the goalie kit a few years back, and try licensing Compaq now), the 81 and 87 homes.

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:37 - Jul 3 with 4851 viewscharmr

If the club want to sell more shirts don’t have a sponsor on it.

Training gear is nice but Asheville concrete ffs.

I know revenue coming in etc but can’t we be more creative and revolutionary in this area.

People want the adidas logo ones, I do.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:41 - Jul 3 with 4837 viewsNorthernr

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:32 - Jul 3 by rsonist

What's even really missing? The quarters, the navy pinstripe (already remade once for the goalie kit a few years back, and try licensing Compaq now), the 81 and 87 homes.

So why would people prefer the knock off gear?

1 - like you say perhaps the three stripes and adidas TMs which is difficult to get around. Hands up, fair play.

2 - cost. Kicking a t-shirt out at £35-£40 is asking to be undercut. There must be a way to do those cheaper. They do them at that price because they hold the licence for them and think they can get away with it. I bought that gorgeous blue and white hooped tracksuit top from the club shop for fifty bleeding quid - colours ran on the first wash, ruined, into the charity bag. Cheap as fcking chips to make, kicked out at 50 notes. I notice the new trend now among the big cnts upstairs is to do a replica shirt, for your standard 50 quid, but then also a "match quality" replica shirt for upwards of £90. Ninety quid for a t-shirt. It takes the piss.

And, like I say, deciding to get on your high horse about it at a time the club shop hasn't been sending stuff out or responding to people for six weeks, father's day gear missing etc, isn't great. Even Hoos said at the forum it was unforgiveable how that had been neglected.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:41 - Jul 3 with 4833 viewsrsonist

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:37 - Jul 3 by charmr

I know revenue coming in etc but can’t we be more creative and revolutionary in this area.

You're not gonna get the adidas ones. Ask the person behind the desk at the library to click on eBay for you.

Look forward to the sales of a couple hundred XXXXXL sponsorless retro shirts making up the FFP shortfall.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:43 - Jul 3 with 4834 viewsNorthernr

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:37 - Jul 3 by charmr

If you got Adidas now you'd have the same problem we had with Nike. It would be an off the peg number from their catalogue with QPR badges slapped on it. You'll see five-a-side teams running round in them for a tenner a throw while we get charged £49.99 because they've stuck a QPR badge on it. If you think Adidas would come back now and do proper, 80s style QPR kits you're kidding yourself.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:52 - Jul 3 with 4800 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My 'Dennis the Menace' Binatone one still fits me.

I guess that's retro now.

It looks fkin great as a toon fan I played football with last year said. "That is a proper kit".

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:01 - Jul 3 with 4782 viewscharmr

Northern, I’m talking about access to the trefoil 80,s adidas kits. If Adidas came back to us they would likely gloriously mess things up and anyway they have a different logo now. Anyway on good authority we are not big enough for them.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 16:06]
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:01 - Jul 3 with 4778 viewsrsonist

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:41 - Jul 3 by Northernr

1 - like you say perhaps the three stripes and adidas TMs which is difficult to get around. Hands up, fair play.

2 - cost. Kicking a t-shirt out at £35-£40 is asking to be undercut. There must be a way to do those cheaper. They do them at that price because they hold the licence for them and think they can get away with it. I bought that gorgeous blue and white hooped tracksuit top from the club shop for fifty bleeding quid - colours ran on the first wash, ruined, into the charity bag. Cheap as fcking chips to make, kicked out at 50 notes. I notice the new trend now among the big cnts upstairs is to do a replica shirt, for your standard 50 quid, but then also a "match quality" replica shirt for upwards of £90. Ninety quid for a t-shirt. It takes the piss.

And, like I say, deciding to get on your high horse about it at a time the club shop hasn't been sending stuff out or responding to people for six weeks, father's day gear missing etc, isn't great. Even Hoos said at the forum it was unforgiveable how that had been neglected.

It's more than a little unfair to conflate the club shops comms in the middle of a fkn global pandemic furlough with wider general contempt for the consumer. They were overrun, it was bad, they dealt with it and apologised. And come off it, people weren't buying moody gear because they were driven in despair to bootleggers cos they couldn't receive new stuff for a few weeks to wear at home in lockdown.

Quality of official merchandise - no excuses, sort it out. (But again in this instance doubt people instead went for the guaranteed quality of a bloke off twitter likely custom ordering them from DHGate or some other cheapo Chinese factory).

Shirts being expensive - yes, bad, modern life is rubbish, thruppence bit in my day.

Not liking the new gear, which is really what this is all about - well the pink was a best seller as you've often reported. At the mercy of uninspired kit designers it seems but the club are effectively paid to comply.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:01 - Jul 3 with 4776 viewsStanisgod

Good point. Stan jnr and I wouldn buy the training gear cos of Ashville concrete all over it, shame cos some nice stuff there

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:06 - Jul 3 with 4769 viewsNorthernr

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:01 - Jul 3 by rsonist

It's more than a little unfair to conflate the club shops comms in the middle of a fkn global pandemic furlough with wider general contempt for the consumer. They were overrun, it was bad, they dealt with it and apologised. And come off it, people weren't buying moody gear because they were driven in despair to bootleggers cos they couldn't receive new stuff for a few weeks to wear at home in lockdown.

Quality of official merchandise - no excuses, sort it out. (But again in this instance doubt people instead went for the guaranteed quality of a bloke off twitter likely custom ordering them from DHGate or some other cheapo Chinese factory).

Shirts being expensive - yes, bad, modern life is rubbish, thruppence bit in my day.

Not liking the new gear, which is really what this is all about - well the pink was a best seller as you've often reported. At the mercy of uninspired kit designers it seems but the club are effectively paid to comply.

Ok mate, look, you're right in a lot of what you say so... ok I concede. I've had a horrible week, I'm absolutely fcking miserable, I've still got a Boro preview to do, and I'm not sure an afternoon of aggressive kit discussion is going to improve things greatly for me or achieve anything.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:17 - Jul 3 with 4727 viewsTheChef

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:06 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Ok mate, look, you're right in a lot of what you say so... ok I concede. I've had a horrible week, I'm absolutely fcking miserable, I've still got a Boro preview to do, and I'm not sure an afternoon of aggressive kit discussion is going to improve things greatly for me or achieve anything.

Oh I'm sure that Boro preview will have you grinning from ear to ear!

Just Find and Replace Barnsley/Charlton/Fulham with Middlesbrough, job's a good un.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:17 - Jul 3 with 4727 viewsGloucs_R

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 15:41 - Jul 3 by Northernr

His fake shirts were going for similar money though

Didn't the club do the blue star shirts for £20 as a special this season?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:19 - Jul 3 with 4718 viewsrsonist

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:06 - Jul 3 by Northernr

With The Greatest Respect To your situation (nice one Warbs), sorry I thwarted your relaxing afternoon of blaming the club for everything.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:24 - Jul 3 with 4711 viewscharmr

Find me the Guinness,Dennis the menace away one with the adidas stripes and trefoil logo and you have a sale.

Mr Northern I appreciate your feeling shyte, maybe follow your advice to Finney about staying off Twitter mand take a break off your own and thank heavens for website.😃
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:24 - Jul 3 with 4711 viewsNorthernr

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:19 - Jul 3 by rsonist

With The Greatest Respect To your situation (nice one Warbs), sorry I thwarted your relaxing afternoon of blaming the club for everything.

You know my collection of Twitter trolls say the same thing the other way around. Be nice if people could make their minds up whether I'm in the club's pocket and sticking up for them all the time or spending afternoons blaming them for everything.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:30 - Jul 3 with 4683 viewsrsonist

One thing that does annoy me that ought to be within the club's control is the lack of some sort of coordination with the sponsor(s) and kit manufacturer. Currently it seems we get what we're given at different times and just bodge it all together.

Appreciate deadlines are not often conducive (especially not this summer when there's no knowing when we'll seal new sponsorship deals) but for instance when we had Errea and Royal Panda locked in it drove me mad that the sponsors logo couldn't have been adapted to a single line to fit symmetrically on a single hoop (text either side of the crown not staggered vertically) - never mind having it in another more complementary colour. It would have been of benefit to the sponsor's brand just as much as our personal aesthetic biases. I fear what we're in for if we should end up with a new sponsor with a less restrained logo and no say or inclination to maintain our own brand.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:39 - Jul 3 with 4645 viewsqprxtc

Clive don’t be miserable. Get utterly shit faced and paint your self your own retro Adidas QPR top. Then sell it on eBay and then the club will ban you.

You’ll never be miserable again but you will be shit faced again.

Happy days are here again.
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called (n/t) on 16:42 - Jul 3 with 4645 viewsSirNose

Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 16:01 - Jul 3 by Stanisgod

Good point. Stan jnr and I wouldn buy the training gear cos of Ashville concrete all over it, shame cos some nice stuff there

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 5:03]
Hoops retro shirts, I think that’s what they are called on 17:57 - Jul 3 with 4537 viewsGloucs_R

What about the other QPR "supporter" buying kits off eBay, adding numbers and names and then selling them as match worn for £250+ 😲

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024