Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Joe Lumley... 16:08 - Jul 5 with 8852 viewssmegma

and the others on a clean sheet. Still the best keeper at the club.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:03 - Jul 5 with 1825 viewsNorthernr

Well done Joe Lumley... on 19:58 - Jul 5 by GloryHunter

No.
But when was that World Cup game when the manager subbed the 'keeper just before the end of extra time in order to face the penalty shoot-out? Was it Italy?

[edited to correct my own spelling mistake, in case anyone attacks me for my pedantry]
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 20:05]

Netherlands slung on Tim Krul for the shootout against Costa Rica in the World Cup and won, I think. Typical balls out of the bath Van Gaal behviour.

The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro was also sealed by the manager brining a veteran keeper off the bench for the penalty shoot out in the League One play off final and winning.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:06 - Jul 5 with 1808 viewsdezzar

Pleased for Joe , well done fella
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 1806 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure it was the abuse he received on Twitter and on here that helped him.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:10 - Jul 5 with 1794 viewsGloryHunter

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:03 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Netherlands slung on Tim Krul for the shootout against Costa Rica in the World Cup and won, I think. Typical balls out of the bath Van Gaal behviour.

The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro was also sealed by the manager brining a veteran keeper off the bench for the penalty shoot out in the League One play off final and winning.

Yes, that's it! On both events. I will never correct your typos again.

(Bringing not brining )
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:14 - Jul 5 with 1784 viewsNorthernr

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:10 - Jul 5 by GloryHunter

Yes, that's it! On both events. I will never correct your typos again.

(Bringing not brining )

I do that one a lot.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:20 - Jul 5 with 1749 viewsGloryHunter

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:07 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure it was the abuse he received on Twitter and on here that helped him.

And don't forget "Hugo". It was us slagging him off for skying all those sitters over the bar that made his hamstring collapse at just the right moment for today's shot to fade and dip into the net.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 1721 viewsslmrstid

Was pleased for Joe today, despite the shakiness he's had this season I still find him really likeable, and thought he was excellent today.

I do like Kelly too, think they are both decent keepers for this level.

To be fair I like most of our team, I think they're a pretty likeable bunch overall!
Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 1716 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:29 - Jul 5 by slmrstid

Was pleased for Joe today, despite the shakiness he's had this season I still find him really likeable, and thought he was excellent today.

I do like Kelly too, think they are both decent keepers for this level.

To be fair I like most of our team, I think they're a pretty likeable bunch overall!

This.

No slags to be found!
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Joe Lumley... on 21:04 - Jul 5 with 1647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:01 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was Holland but can’t remember what year.

Didn’t a England manager rotate Shilton and Woods each game?

It was Holland. Tim Kruhl?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Joe Lumley... on 21:20 - Jul 5 with 1606 viewsTripleR

Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:46 - Jul 5 by smegma

The catch from the lofted free kick near the end was excellent. The whole back 3/5 also did a great job defending the lead .

Good call.
Not sure JL would have had the confidence to come out for the that cross in the early part of the season. Did really well and you could see the defenders were impressed with him.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 21:39 - Jul 5 with 1572 viewsMyke

If Lumley is a confidence keeper than perhaps playing without having to worry about the crowd getting on his back if he made an error, made it a bit easier for him. To be fair to Warburton he is not afraid to make big decisions when needed and could not be accused of having favourites.
With regard to Shilton, it was Ray Clemence that the en England Manager, Ron Greenwood, decided to rotate him with. Both keeper were on top of their game in the late 70's early 80's for Forest and Liverpool respectively and Greenwood could choose one over the other so played them every other game.
Interestingly our own Terry Fenwick is credited with forcing the managers hand by scoring the equaliser against Spurs (for whom Clemence now played) in the FA Cup final. The replay clashed with a pre-World Cup warm-up match and with Clemence unavailable, Shilton got the nod even though it was not his 'turn'. Shilton kept a clean sheet, was installed as number one and rarely missed a game over the next eight years amassing well over 100 caps. Clemence, by contrast, only played a a couple more time for England and retired at 39.
Wood came later, he was Shilton's understudy for Forest (before joining us) and England in the eighties, before a certain David Seaman usurped his international position.
Lots of R's connections there as you can see.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 21:46 - Jul 5 with 1561 viewsted_hendrix

Well done Joe Lumley... on 17:55 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Ted,

I coach goalies. I also coach outfield players. But goalies is where I started, and it's what I love.

Lumley's career was on the line today. Huge strength. Huge.

I don't think I could or would want to be a goalkeeper, I reckon you've got to be a bit mad to be a keeper.

The important thing today for Joe Lumley is he had a good game when in all possibility it could have gone very wrong for the bloke, that could have been a bit of a disaster for him, hope he keeps his place for the remainder of the season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:06 - Jul 5 with 1520 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Joe Lumley... on 21:46 - Jul 5 by ted_hendrix

I don't think I could or would want to be a goalkeeper, I reckon you've got to be a bit mad to be a keeper.

The important thing today for Joe Lumley is he had a good game when in all possibility it could have gone very wrong for the bloke, that could have been a bit of a disaster for him, hope he keeps his place for the remainder of the season.

You're right Ted.

You have to like and accept the pressure. That's the common trait.

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:25 - Jul 5 with 1491 viewswombat

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:06 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

You're right Ted.

You have to like and accept the pressure. That's the common trait.

Would hope it’s between Lumley and Dieng next season seen enough of the midget and he doesn’t leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling when I hear his name on the team sheet

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:31 - Jul 5 with 1486 viewsGloucs_R

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:25 - Jul 5 by wombat

Would hope it’s between Lumley and Dieng next season seen enough of the midget and he doesn’t leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling when I hear his name on the team sheet

That's harsh and disrespectful for a keeper that's not done much wrong.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:53 - Jul 5 with 1447 viewsjoe90

Well done Joe Lumley... on 17:55 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Ted,

I coach goalies. I also coach outfield players. But goalies is where I started, and it's what I love.

Lumley's career was on the line today. Huge strength. Huge.

Why was his career on the line today? At what point does it stop being on the line?

From a goal keeping coaches perspective, who do you think should be our first choice keeper?
Well done Joe Lumley... on 00:01 - Jul 6 with 1401 viewsLoftgirl

Well done Joe Lumley... on 19:31 - Jul 5 by GloryHunter

Sorry Brian, I can't help it. I write for a living, and you are very gracious. I used to correct Clive too, but I stopped because I'm scared of him.

Watch out for the abuse from you know who.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 01:06 - Jul 6 with 1364 viewsMatch82

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:01 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was Holland but can’t remember what year.

Didn’t a England manager rotate Shilton and Woods each game?

Tim Krul. World cup I think, not the euros. Can't remember who they were playing though.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 02:34 - Jul 6 with 1335 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:53 - Jul 5 by joe90

Why was his career on the line today? At what point does it stop being on the line?

From a goal keeping coaches perspective, who do you think should be our first choice keeper?

It;s obviously an expression, Joe, but if he was seen to have played poorly on this occasioI n then I think it would have been a long way back for him with the fans,

I would start him on Wednesday. I think he has higher potential than Kelly and I'd look to develop that where possible.

Well done Joe Lumley... on 04:33 - Jul 6 with 1313 viewstimcocking

Come on Joe, you can do it!
Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:22 - Jul 6 with 1249 viewsjoe90

Well done Joe Lumley... on 02:34 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

It;s obviously an expression, Joe, but if he was seen to have played poorly on this occasioI n then I think it would have been a long way back for him with the fans,

I would start him on Wednesday. I think he has higher potential than Kelly and I'd look to develop that where possible.

Agreed, he definitely has potential, just needs to build up his confidence again.

I also think the fans have been harsh with him.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:32 - Jul 6 with 1237 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He was great yesterday.

I hope it continues.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 1150 viewsfrancisbowles

Very good performance from Joe, just the one dodgy rushed kick which thankfully didn't cause any problems. Fulham away flashed through my mind for a split second.

Really good to see him and Amos doing well, definitely 'two of our own' and long may it continue.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:46 - Jul 6 with 1147 viewsrobith

Was delighted for him. I like Kelly but he's been shonky since the restart, so big up Warbs for making the call. And then you could just see the determination on Lumley's face - love a performance that's a mix of skill and bloody minded grit.

I also noticed Warbz was back to wearing box fresh Yeezies and suddenly we win again. Coincidence? I think not
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:54 - Jul 6 with 1142 viewsgazza1

Played very well, pleased for him and the Team. if he cut out the, so many, stupid mistakes he may succeed. Hopefully he can and be our keeper for a few years. There is something about him that I like but not when he makes stupid mistakes.

Is he best at the Club......maybe or maybe not.

I don't think a keeper will be on the 'players wanted' list that we require next season so it could be him that plays the main keeper next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024